5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I was wondering if there are any ranging tools (including this one) that have be confirmed to work with BW2 (Japanese). I want to start to learn how to range with BW2 since my DS and games were robbed.

I will primarily be using a DSi XL but that will switch to a 3DS XL before April's local Regionals. I wondering about methods to work with the starter Pokemon and of course wild for BW2. Also is there a YouTube video using the most recent version of the app for... dummies. I just have not understood any of the examples that I have seen online about the apps or the process.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was wondering if there are any ranging tools (including this one) that have be confirmed to work with BW2 (Japanese). I want to start to learn how to range with BW2 since my DS and games were robbed.

I will primarily be using a DSi XL but that will switch to a 3DS XL before April's local Regionals. I wondering about methods to work with the starter Pokemon and of course wild for BW2. Also is there a YouTube video using the most recent version of the app for... dummies. I just have not understood any of the examples that I have seen online about the apps or the process.
Just to note, the term is RNG, which stands for Random Number Generator. It's not a big deal, but people might look at you funny if you call it the wrong thing :P

RNG Reporter and PPRNG already support the Japanese versions of BW2, and the English versions should be cracked within a couple of days of their release at the longest. As for the video, I'm not sure if he'll do anything new for BW2, but bearsfan092's videos were really helpful for me when I first started RNGing.

voodoo pimp said:
You only searched with one Timer0 value, so most likely you just hit an adjacent Timer0 (either C7E or C80). Just try again, it should work eventually.
I've tried somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-30 times and have gotten Rash nature a few times, but not the right result still. Is there anything else that I could try?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Check if it matches either of the adjacent Timer0s using the Adjacent Seed tool. If you're consistently hitting a different Timer0, you could try searching with that instead.

Alternately, since Timer0 is somewhat dependent on when exactly you press A to load the game, you could consider slightly adjusting your timing (try to press it a tenth of a second or so sooner or later than you usually do), but that's a bit harder to do consistently.

RNG Reporter and PPRNG already support the Japanese versions of BW2, and the English versions should be cracked within a couple of days of their release at the longest. As for the video, I'm not sure if he'll do anything new for BW2, but bearsfan092's videos were really helpful for me when I first started RNGing.
I have heard the RNGing using C-Gear does not work on the newer DS's, is that true?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I have heard the RNGing using C-Gear does not work on the newer DS's, is that true?
C-Gear RNG works on all DS models. You may be thinking of a while ago when non-C-Gear seeds didn't work on DSi/3DS; some guides that haven't been updated recently still say that. But like Cereza said, there's basically no reason to do C-Gear RNG except for Entralink (since that obviously requires having the C-Gear on), and if you're just going to do BW2 then it doesn't matter because C-Gear seeds don't exist at all in BW2 (turning on the C-Gear just advances the IV frame rather than re-seeding it).

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Definitely false. I've successfully standard RNG'd on a DSi and 3DS, once it was figured out how to do so (the parameters for DSi and 3DS are way different from a standard DS).

Is it safe to assume that US-version BW2 RNGing won't be possible for a bit after release?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Is it safe to assume that US-version BW2 RNGing won't be possible for a bit after release?
Depends on how soon the researchers get their copies, and how long it takes to work everything out. The basic stuff for the Japanese versions was all done in a few days, so expect it to be possible pretty quickly.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Depends on how soon the researchers get their copies, and how long it takes to work everything out. The basic stuff for the Japanese versions was all done in a few days, so expect it to be possible pretty quickly.
Speaking of, someone should probably update the first couple posts in this thread (or start a new thread) detailing important changes between BW and BW2 RNG abuse. Searching this thread isn't exactly easy.

Alright,

So, I am hitting my seed and I have no problem advancing the frame to get to my desired frame to supposedly get my flawless egg.

Here are my parents:

FEMALE LAPRAS
4/31/31/30/31/16

MALE TURTWIG
31/31/31/24/31/9

I am shooting for a spread of 31/31/31/x/31/31 which I am supposed to hit with seed 19C42192EEC90E9C. I reset at precisely 10/1/12 at 0:19:38 just like RNGReporter says and I have verified that I am hitting the correct seed and can properly advance the frame to my desired result.

By looking at the inherited tab in RNGReporter, it states that the male will transfer HP and Attack and that the female will transfer defense. The remaining 3 stats are blank which I assumed that 31 would show up in Special Defense and Speed, however it does not.

The seed states that at my specified frame (75) I will get my desired 31/31/31/x/31/31 spread, but it only transfers the ones that RNGReporter says it will transfer.

I guess I am confused. If the seed states that I will get a 31/31/31/x/31/31 spread, then why does it only transfer the first 3 stats to the egg? I have verified that I am hitting my seed with 2 other seeds and I get the same issue where it only transfers the ones that the inheritance tab says it will while leaving the other two stats <31.

Please help.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Is one parent holding an Everstone? The frames don't match up properly if not.

Alternately, it's possible that NPCs are causing you to hit the wrong frame.

Is one parent holding an Everstone? The frames don't match up properly if not.

Alternately, it's possible that NPCs are causing you to hit the wrong frame.
Lapras is holding an Everstone like it should be, however in checking my held items I noticed that my Turtwig is holding a power item.

I am guessing that is my issue as it probably interferes with the passing of IV's properly.

That would be the problem, Power Items mess up inheritance.
Indeed. Took the item off and hit the seed and frame the very next try and hit the spread I was trying for.

Thank you very much for mentioning items. I honestly had no clue and never would have thought about it until you mentioned checking the everstone.

In Black 1/2 and White 1/2, if you start a new game on a cartridge where you know the RNG Parameters for the previous game, are the RNG Parameters still in effect (Timer0, etc.)?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
In Black 1/2 and White 1/2, if you start a new game on a cartridge where you know the RNG Parameters for the previous game, are the RNG Parameters still in effect (Timer0, etc.)?
Yes, the parameters remain the same for a given DS / cartridge combination when restarting the game.

I am trying to rng a wild ditto. I have found the seed and found the initial PIDRNG frame to raise it to a frame that has encounter slot 6. Where ditto is located I cannot use sweet scent so does walking raise the PIDRNG? And am I doing things correctly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)