5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

why would you want to use C-gear when non C-gear is so much easier?
I do not know the answer to that... I am trying to figure this all out. The guides all appear to be overwhelming and none are written out down-to-earth. So, I am all for using whatever methods work. So long as there is an easy to approach set of instructions.

C-Gear RNG works on all DS models. You may be thinking of a while ago when non-C-Gear seeds didn't work on DSi/3DS; some guides that haven't been updated recently still say that. But like Cereza said, there's basically no reason to do C-Gear RNG except for Entralink (since that obviously requires having the C-Gear on), and if you're just going to do BW2 then it doesn't matter because C-Gear seeds don't exist at all in BW2 (turning on the C-Gear just advances the IV frame rather than re-seeding it).
That was the method used in the videos that you sent me.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I am trying to rng a wild ditto. I have found the seed and found the initial PIDRNG frame to raise it to a frame that has encounter slot 6. Where ditto is located I cannot use sweet scent so does walking raise the PIDRNG? And am I doing things correctly?
walking does advances the PID, but it is unreliable...your best bet would be to
1. Save in the Giant Chasm with everything you need to do the RNG.
2. Change the month on your DS clock.
3. Walk around in the grass until you battle something.
4. Save again (the fog should be gone now).
5. Do your RNG.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am trying to rng a wild ditto. I have found the seed and found the initial PIDRNG frame to raise it to a frame that has encounter slot 6. Where ditto is located I cannot use sweet scent so does walking raise the PIDRNG? And am I doing things correctly?
You can get rid of the fog to be able to Sweet Scent. Save inside the Giant Chasm, change the month to a different season, load the game, battle something. After the battle, the fog will be gone, so you can save again and then RNG it like any other wild encounter. Note that this works for all forms of weather, so you could use it to get rid of the sandstorm in the desert for instance.
That was the method used in the videos that you sent me.
That's odd, it should be more up to date than that. This guide I've heard is easy to understand, though it's written rather than a video. If that doesn't work for you, I'm not sure what else is good, but maybe someone else has other ideas.

Does anyone have a link to the latest RNG Reporter that's compatible with XP?

Additionally, is there a guide on how to RNG Dream Radar Pokémon?

Okay so I'm trying to get back to RNG abusing, but problem is that some exclusive Pokemon exist only on White version. The problem is that I'm using an Acekard 2i for White. What's worse is I have lost all the info I had to RNG abusing successfully on my flash cart.

I need help on finding the parameters, any of them fluctuating, etc. I know it is possible because I have done this in the past. I'm using a DSi, although is there any difference as I know acekard runs on DS/lite mode? (Or should I put it as "DSi/XL" in RNG reporter?)
So far I've extended the parameters, option set on DS/lite (because acekard runs on DS mode), and putting the exact IVs. I'm still not getting any results. Should I be also extending the ranges of the other stuff such as VFrame, etc? (Any specific ranges at least?)
EDIT: Never mind, it's also Vcount.

um guys is the rng reporter updated to support US version of BW2...cuz its released early..
This post explains how Dream Radar RNG works specifically in PPRNG, but the principals are universal. You can assume that RNG Reporter will be similar.
thank you chiizu for the guide..hope it supports rng reporter soon...

What is the point of filling up all 20 Hidden Grotto locations before attempting to RNG any of them? Slashmolder doesn't mention it in his guide, but I saw it in RainThunder's guide on RNG Forums.

For that matter, which is the best guide to follow? Have the alpha updates to RNG Reporter since these 2 guides were written changed anything or added anything new for Hidden Grotto abuse?

This post explains how Dream Radar RNG works specifically in PPRNG, but the principals are universal. You can assume that RNG Reporter will be similar.
Thanks for that. It appear exceptionally easy, as does BW2 calibration. Now I just need the latest RNG Reporter to work for XP or a new computer, but that's out of my hands unfortunately.

I'm really not sure if this fits into this thread, I apologize in advance if it doesn't.
As I learned about the PID, there are many properties that belong to the PID. Ability, Gender, shininess (in combination with ID+SID), nature etc.
I already bred a nice bunch of Pokés, not really caring about their PIDs. Today I noticed that if I breed a Poké that has been affected by everstone, the PID always stays the same (at given seed), even if I change the everstone nature.
So my question: Does this mean that the PID does no longer contain the nature? Or is this only the case for breeding, meaning that wild etc. Pokés still show their nature in the PID?
Greetings,

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
In 5th gen the PID doesn't determine the nature. Presumably this is to make MM + Everstone more efficient.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
What is the point of filling up all 20 Hidden Grotto locations before attempting to RNG any of them? Slashmolder doesn't mention it in his guide, but I saw it in RainThunder's guide on RNG Forums.

For that matter, which is the best guide to follow? Have the alpha updates to RNG Reporter since these 2 guides were written changed anything or added anything new for Hidden Grotto abuse?
If there are any open grottos before your target one, it complicates the RNG process. Having them all full means 1) you don't have to worry about what the order is and 2) you can RNG any grotto on a whim without having to go around and manually check all the others every time. The way Slashmolder's guide explains it allows you to RNG without having them all full, but also requires more prep work, especially if you're doing one of the higher-numbered ones.

If there are any open grottos before your target one, it complicates the RNG process. Having them all full means 1) you don't have to worry about what the order is and 2) you can RNG any grotto on a whim without having to go around and manually check all the others every time. The way Slashmolder's guide explains it allows you to RNG without having them all full, but also requires more prep work, especially if you're doing one of the higher-numbered ones.
By "prep work," do you just mean examining all the Hidden Grotto locations before your target one?

Does this mean that you suggest following RainThunder's guide?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Prep work is basically checking each grotto to see which ones are occupied. But that can change every 256 steps unless you take 255 steps, stop, save, SR, then keep going.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Where might I find a guide to RNG abuse in Black and White 2? Will it work with a 3DS?
Except for breeding (which is broken, unless they fixed it in the international release) and Entralink (which no longer uses delay), BW2 RNG is basically the same as BW1 (there's more Timer0s to worry about, but the process is the same). It should work on 3DS as well.

Except for breeding (which is broken, unless they fixed it in the international release) and Entralink (which no longer uses delay), BW2 RNG is basically the same as BW1 (there's more Timer0s to worry about, but the process is the same). It should work on 3DS as well.
So does this also mean that Wondercard abuse is the same? I'm asking to confirm whether or not it will be possible to RNG Genesect starting tomorrow.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
So does this also mean that Wondercard abuse is the same? I'm asking to confirm whether or not it will be possible to RNG Genesect starting tomorrow.
Wonder Cards are exactly the same; however, you will have to wait until RNG Reporter/PPRNG is updated with the information for the international versions before you can do it.

So I've been trying to learn the RNG system, and I've successfully caught a perfect Terrakion and Ditto, but I've been trying to move to breeding, and I'm a little confused. I've read many guides and watched the bearsfan videos, but maybe someone can answer some specific questions for me (sorry if I'm just dense):

1) All I'm trying to do is get perfect IV spreads on hatched mons (well, I guess I need the correct nature and maybe an egg move or two, but I don't care at all about shinies). Do I need to pay attention to the PIDRNG stuff at all, or can I just use the regular methods I used to obtain Terrakion and Ditto, along with an Everstone for passing nature? All the guides to breeding seem concerned with both shininess AND perfection, so I'm a little confused as to which parts I need to pay attention to.

2) Are the "frames" that came up when I RNGed for Terrakion or Ditto different than the PIDRNG frames that you advance with Chatot's chatter? This is the impression I got from a couple guides, but again, I am a little confused.

And again, I apologize if these are dumb questions; I just ran into this stuff a few days ago and it's been rather difficult to process the huge bulk of information out there.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
You have to worry about the PIDRNG if you are going after a specific nature, ability, and gender. It increments differently than the IVRNG. However the process is essentially the same as going after a perfect shiny.

Basically (and forgive any sloppy terminology):
IVRNG = determined by what time you start the game and what button combinations you use, derived from your starting seed. Determines IV spread. Increments by step movements mainly.

PIDRNG = determined by your initial seed (which also determines IVRNG). Dentermines ability, nature, gender, and shininess. Increments by just about everything, including NPC movement, Chatot Chatter, your character's movements.

Once you know your IVRNG, you can determine your PIDRNG as well as your starting PIDRNG frame (the main window in RNGReporter lets you determine the starting PIDRNG frame).

Chatot's Chatter is a reliable way to increment the PIDRNG (it increments the PIDRNG by one frame every time you listen to Chatter). But, keep in mind when breeding that there are wandering NPCs on Route 3 that will make things more difficult than capturing a wild Pokemon (they increment the PIDRNG almost randomly, but if you're quick/lucky you can get your egg with as few as 0-2 random PIDRNG advances).

hey guys can you tell me which file on the sd card should i copy to my computer and replace again when rnging dream radar, please.... thank you...

ps. can we expect a rng reporter that support us dream radar rng this week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)