5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
hey guys can you tell me which file on the sd card should i copy to my computer and replace again when rnging dream radar, please.... thank you...
You need to copy the top-level folder that is present on the card (on a Japanese 3DS, it is named 'Nintendo 3DS'), because the individual filenames are not readable.

This will copy all downloaded games, however, so it's best to work from a separate SD card when doing Dream Radar RNG so that you don't overwrite the data for your other downloaded games with older versions, etc.

I know it's too soon for anyone to have calculated the RNG process for Pokemon Dream Radar, but I have an idea. After you do the actual transfer, couldn't you start the game, and therefore the do the RNG abuse, on a DS, DS Lite, or DSi? Just a thought.

So I've been trying to learn the RNG system, and I've successfully caught a perfect Terrakion and Ditto, but I've been trying to move to breeding, and I'm a little confused. I've read many guides and watched the bearsfan videos, but maybe someone can answer some specific questions for me (sorry if I'm just dense):

1) All I'm trying to do is get perfect IV spreads on hatched mons (well, I guess I need the correct nature and maybe an egg move or two, but I don't care at all about shinies). Do I need to pay attention to the PIDRNG stuff at all, or can I just use the regular methods I used to obtain Terrakion and Ditto, along with an Everstone for passing nature? All the guides to breeding seem concerned with both shininess AND perfection, so I'm a little confused as to which parts I need to pay attention to.

2) Are the "frames" that came up when I RNGed for Terrakion or Ditto different than the PIDRNG frames that you advance with Chatot's chatter? This is the impression I got from a couple guides, but again, I am a little confused.

And again, I apologize if these are dumb questions; I just ran into this stuff a few days ago and it's been rather difficult to process the huge bulk of information out there.

The frames you advance to breed are indeed the PIDRNG frames, but they determine the hatched Pokemon's stats, nature, Abillity, everything. Also, you can't use the same method at all. You have to go to the Egg section of the Time Finder. As for shininess vs. perfection, it's really all the same process; shiny frames are just way more rare. You will have hatch the pokemon, then see if its IVs are consistent with what is in RNG Reporter (use the guy in Gear Station to tell you which, if any, IVs are perfect; 2 of them will be inherited from one or both parents). If you hit the wrong frame (you probably will), you will have to hit the seed again, but decrease the number of advances you do based on the frame you actually hit. I hope this clears things up.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
PPRNG has been updated to version 1.14.0, including initial support for the English language versions of Black 2 and White 2 on DS and DS Lites.

Please see the first post of the PPRNG thread for details, a download link, and links to tutorials on the new Black 2 / White 2 features.

I keep getting te 0xc0000135 error, whether I use the newest version or the old, previously functional version from May 2011. Any ideas?

If I want to breed an egg for someone else to hatch on their game, and have it hatch a shiny Pokemon, can I just use their ID/SID combination in RNGreporter's time finder or do I have to input their DS parameters as well?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If I want to breed an egg for someone else to hatch on their game, and have it hatch a shiny Pokemon, can I just use their ID/SID combination in RNGreporter's time finder or do I have to input their DS parameters as well?
Since you're doing the heavy lifting (i.e. breeding it in your cart, and thus using your parameters), all you need is their TID/SID combo.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Be aware that you cannot use international parents if you intend to trade the egg to hatch on another game file - MM takes YOUR TID/SID into account when rerolling the PID.

So I finally got around to getting Keldeo, and I'm trying to get a good one through rng.
I can hit my seed most of the time (I know this from sweet scent encounters), but I'm having trouble with the whole frame thing. I also don't really understand how Timer0 works. It changes between C7F and C80 with no keypresses. I figured it would be a fixed value since it's in the ds parameters, but nope.

To hit frame 63 on the seed, I'm doing this:
Target - Initial - Starting + 1
= 63 - 1 - 8 + 1 = 55

- Withdraw 5 pokes (+35)
- Deposit 1 to have 5 in party (I'm under the impression frame only increases when WITHDRAWING pokemon)
- 4*128 steps (+20 = 55)

I figured this was correct for IVRNG, but I haven't yet received Keldeo with the IVs I want. Am I doing this correctly and just messing up hitting the seed or am I doing something wrong?

As for PIDRNG, would any of the above stuff affect it? I figured running around the pokecenter with no NPCs walking around would be alright, as I'm under the impression that your frame only increases when walking/turning in an area with wild pokemon (ie NOT a Pokecenter). I used my Chatots to increase frame, but I honestly have no idea how close I am to getting the Poke I want.

Any help would be great, or confirmation that I'm doing it correctly and just not hitting my seed.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
9.96 is out:

- Added: Support for Black and White 2 seed searching in Time Finder and profiles
- Added: Encounter slots for Black and White 2
- Added: Delay option for Entralink Seed Search
- Added: Pause button for searches
- Added: Transitional code to store in settings
- Added: New automatic updater
- Added: Multithreading for Entralink Seed Search
- Added: Profiles to Researcher
- Added: Profiles for 5th Gen
- Added: Variable number of Elm call searches (shows possible while entering and highlights all possible after the search is done, focusing on the closest to the target seed)
- Added: 5th Gen Wondercard PIDs for any method of generation
- Added: SID and PID Search to Gen V Pandora’s Box
- Added: Information on Irwin Calls
- Fixed: Genderless check box on Entralink Seed Search works properly now
- Fixed: Multi-select combo boxes required two clicks in order to gain focus
- Fixed: DS Parameter Searcher doesn’t check that a game type is entered
- Fixed: 4th Gen Egg searches no longer skip seeds of the form 00XXXXXX
- Fixed: 4th Gen Egg IVs inheritance
- Fixed: Seed searching in Gen IV Pandora’s Box
- Added: Pandora’s Box for Ruby\Sapphire (with dead or not dead battery)
- Added: Emerald Shiny Eggs
- Fixed: Compatibility formula for Gen III eggs
- Added: Ruby/Sapphire live battery
- Added: Black 2 and White 2 support
- Added: Shiny Charm Support
- Fixed: Frames being one off when not using a male/female only species (Nidoran/Volbeat/Illumise)
- Fixed: Parameter Finder now processes GxStat properly
- Fixed: Gender filter in Gen IV egg PIDs
- Added: Hidden Hollow abuse for BW2
- ~25% faster searches, depending on the search, thanks to .NET 4.5 features

Known bugs due to missing research:
- Bug-Catching Contest and Safari Zone shows correct encounter slots but spreads for each frame may be incorrect
- Some Black\White successful fishing frames may actually be "Not a nibble"
- Cave Spots may sometimes produces Everstones and King’s Rocks instead of the listed item
- Dream Radar Support
- DSi support for BW2 on languages other than Japanese
- Languages other than Japanese/English for BW2
- Ruby/Sapphire eggs are high inaccurate, inheritance calculations are wrong

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
So I finally got around to getting Keldeo, and I'm trying to get a good one through rng.
I can hit my seed most of the time (I know this from sweet scent encounters), but I'm having trouble with the whole frame thing. I also don't really understand how Timer0 works. It changes between C7F and C80 with no keypresses. I figured it would be a fixed value since it's in the ds parameters, but nope.

To hit frame 63 on the seed, I'm doing this:
Target - Initial - Starting + 1
= 63 - 1 - 8 + 1 = 55

- Withdraw 5 pokes (+35)
- Deposit 1 to have 5 in party (I'm under the impression frame only increases when WITHDRAWING pokemon)
- 4*128 steps (+20 = 55)

I figured this was correct for IVRNG, but I haven't yet received Keldeo with the IVs I want. Am I doing this correctly and just messing up hitting the seed or am I doing something wrong?

As for PIDRNG, would any of the above stuff affect it? I figured running around the pokecenter with no NPCs walking around would be alright, as I'm under the impression that your frame only increases when walking/turning in an area with wild pokemon (ie NOT a Pokecenter). I used my Chatots to increase frame, but I honestly have no idea how close I am to getting the Poke I want.

Any help would be great, or confirmation that I'm doing it correctly and just not hitting my seed.
Wondercards frames work using the PIDRNG, not the IVRNG.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Seeds from DSi/3DS. I think if you just capture a couple mons in a row the IVs would be enough to find a seed?

We basically have to brute force it so it's just waiting on number crunching. For the Japanese games it took a week or two. Hopefully it'll be faster this time now that we know more.
Once DSi/3DS seeds are figured out, will there be a new version of RNG Reporter (likely an alpha) released shortly that includes support for them? Also, what about the ability to find DS parameters via the Unova Link like in PPRNG?

RNG in Black2 and White 2 (English games)

Hi everyone... I'm somewhat new to RNG, since I first learned it in Pokemon Black... Then the gen4 games...

As for my question, is RNG of eggs possible in the English games? I know that a bug was present in the Japanese black2/white2 that replaced the seed with the one generated when creating your character... Is this still present in the game? (prays not)

It wasn't answered before, but any word which method does the anime Wondercard eggs (Ash's Pidove, etc.). I'd like to do that one to clear it out and get another breeder.

Also, any way we can get 4th Gen profiles added to RNG Reporter too? it'd be nice to have English words instead of numbers, and it'd help for error checking on the user's part.

=James

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
As for my question, is RNG of eggs possible in the English games? I know that a bug was present in the Japanese black2/white2 that replaced the seed with the one generated when creating your character... Is this still present in the game? (prays not)
As long as you're RNGing on Black 1 or White 1, you should be fine.

I really don't want to sound like a pain (I probably am), but I noticed that a new version of RNG Reporter that's compatible with XP will be released, for which I am very grateful ('tis a great relief). When can we expect to see this?

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
No one bothered looking at the event eggs because they're worthless and are no different than a regular egg once they hatch. You're better off just capturing one of the aforementioned mons and save yourself the trouble.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so added a link to chiizu's guide for Dream Radar abuse / Unova Link calibration (PPRNG only) to the first post for the time being please pay attention to the NOTE and the quotes by chiizu below it as well before using it. As for RNG Reporter, STOP asking when these things will be added, be patient slash will be working on them and when they're ready he will post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)