5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yes, no programs currently support DSi/3DS RNGing, if I recall correctly.

It's strange, the beginning of this thread USED to have a warning stating that, now it is gone... Has it been updated? If so, why is DogfishHead still having trouble?
PPRNG has had the capability since early yesterday. RNG Reporter doesn't yet.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was doing normal standard wild non cgear abuse.
I mean, what you said didn't really make sense, so what exactly was the process you did?
I'm having some trouble with RNG breeding hidden abilities in Black, so I hope someone can help me with this:
I used the latest version of PPRNG to find a seed/frame that would give me a female Eevee with its hidden ability. I put a Japanese female Eevee with Adaptability and a male English Lillipup in the daycare. Neither of them had a held item. I then hit my frame, collected the egg and hatched it. Now what I don't understand is: the gender, nature, characteristic and IV's were correct, but it didn't have its dw ability even though according to the frame it should. Am I missing something here/doing something wrong? I used seed 2D66F82F0DCFFCFF and frame 134.
Are you sure the Eevee is legitimate? And did you enter the correct ID/SID?
It's been too long :\ About 2 years? Heh, well for BW2 if a hidden grotto spawned a pokemon can I treat it like a stationary pokemon for RNG abuse?
Yes, but keep in mind that it has its own PIDRNG type and can't be shiny.

It's strange, the beginning of this thread USED to have a warning stating that, now it is gone... Has it been updated? If so, why is DogfishHead still having trouble?
PPRNG supports it.
Hi guys, I've been playing around with the RNG manipulation in B&W2, and it's mostly been going well. I understand about the fluctuating timer0, and while I haven't done the full 10 calibrations, I've done a few and am amble to hit my seed fairly often. I've played the game far enough to obtain the C-Gear, and have been able to use pokecheck to verify I am able to hit my intended IV spread. (Oooh yeah, near flawless Sewaddle!)

The problem I'm having is I'd like to restart the game for a controlled TID. I've been following the using RNG Reporter 9.961and the TID guide for B&W here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=109518, and am very close to getting it, but keep running into problems at the very end.

The problem is my initial frame is always higher than my target frame. I've hit about 5 different seeds so far, and the result is a useless target frame every time.

Do I need to just keep trying till I get it? When the guide says I need to pick a new seed, does it mean a new seed for generating the TID, or does it mean I have to go back to square 1 and generate an entirely new spread? So far I've mostly been picking a different frame on the same spread, then going to a new spread once I run out of decent frames?

Also one more thing I'd like to verify, when I'm generating the frames for nature, gender, and encounter slot on my initial seed, the TID and SID input into RNG Reporter should be the TID and SID for my current existing save file that I will be replacing with a new game, correct?
Try setting a higher maximum frame. And it means you just need a new seed for that TID/SID.

Use whatever TID/SID matches the save you are going to use to capture the Pokémon in question.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus

Both PPRNG (from 1.14.2) and RNG Reporter (from 9.96.1) support DSi / 3DS for English Black 2 / White 2.

That's fine I planned on breeding some anyways so I'll just go for my seed and make sure it's female to pass the DW ability on. Thanks :D
You mentioned earlier that it already spawned...you might wanna make sure its female before you even start trying, if you haven't already, 'cause once it's there its gender isn't changing no matter what you RNG.

You mentioned earlier that it already spawned...you might wanna make sure its female before you even start trying, if you haven't already, 'cause once it's there its gender isn't changing no matter what you RNG.
Oh the gender isn't abuseable? I have both versions so if it's not a female I'll just abuse it on my White 2 before it spawns I guess.

Try setting a higher maximum frame. And it means you just need a new seed for that TID/SID.

Use whatever TID/SID matches the save you are going to use to capture the Pokémon in question.
Let me give some more details to make sure I am understanding correctly. One I have my seed and frame, I put those into the ID/SID manipulation tool, along with my desired TID.

In the search parameters I am putting 28 min frame and 75 max frame. For teh Date I am using either 11/x/2012 or 10/x/2012, because I want my trainer card to say I started my journey at some point after the game was actually released.

Of the results I pick one that stays Starter True because I want to try for a shiny starter (even though they kinda suck). It will report a frame as well as an initial frame, which I ignore because it is always wrong. Then I hit the displayed seed and start a new game. I enter my name and my rival's name, making sure never to hit 'no' to anything because I want to enter the game on the initial frame.

I then take the TID from my trainer card, and in put it into the Seed finder. If the Seed matches the one I used, I look at the displayed Frame and Initial frame. These are the real target frame and initial frame, respectively. If I push were to 'no' when talking to juniper to hit the target frame, then using that same seed I woudl get my desired TID instead of the one I just ran the test on.

Also of note is in the seed Finder box, I set the min and max frames wider than what I searched for. This way I'll still get a result telling me if I hit the seed or not even if the real frames are outside of the range I searched for.

The problem here is the value of "frame" Is always something really low, like in the low 20s or less (19, 22, 26, etc). The Initial frame is always at least 30 or 40, and is usually divisible by 5 or 10. <-- after further testing this line is not true.

Is this just flat out "bad luck?" Is there anything special about the default date that gives better results?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Were there variations in VCount with Japanese games on DSi/3DS? Wouldn't it be unusual for something like this to change for the international release?
No it wasn't but it's still possible. We'll need so more testing. I personally haven't seen any changes on my carts.

These are the Timer0s I got in about an hour of checking on the Unova Key thing... What do I enter in my parameters? Which should I consider my dominant Timer0s/focus on getting?
I see 1105 more than anything else so stick with that. If you start seeing more of a different one change it to that.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Oh the gender isn't abuseable? I have both versions so if it's not a female I'll just abuse it on my White 2 before it spawns I guess.
Gender is abuseable. You need to clear out the grotto and abuse the grotto generation process. There's a guide here for PPRNG, and I think there's another guide out there somewhere for RNG Reporter.

Whenever I try to close the RNG Profiles window of RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta, I get the same message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Access to the path 'C:\Windows\system32\profiles.xml' is denied"

When I click Continue, the window stays open, and when I click Quit, the window stays open.

The thing is, I can't even find that file or folder. I've tried redownloading the program, but nothing works. Could someone please give me some detailed help on this? Or at least a way use 9.96 Beta without having to save a Profile?

Can RNG Reporter 9.96 Beta work even if you can't close the Profiles Window? Just as a temporary fix until I figure out what's going on in the program.

Could my RNG Reporter 9.95 be causing the bugs in 9.96?
Can someone please help me here? I need answers.

One more thing; in Hidden Grottoes, is the Pokemon's Gender set when the Grotto regenerates, or is it resettable?

Gender is abuseable. You need to clear out the grotto and abuse the grotto generation process. There's a guide here for PPRNG, and I think there's another guide out there somewhere for RNG Reporter.
If the pokemon I want is there I read you can only catch one, but if I defeat it do you know if it'll respawn so I can abuse it?

Of the results I pick one that stays Starter True because I want to try for a shiny starter (even though they kinda suck). It will report a frame as well as an initial frame, which I ignore because it is always wrong. Then I hit the displayed seed and start a new game. I enter my name and my rival's name, making sure never to hit 'no' to anything because I want to enter the game on the initial frame.
Wait wait, after typing all that out something's clicking. I only ignore the initial frame... the frame listed here is the correct one. When I do the test run, I use that to get the initial frame only... So I take the initial frame from the seed hit, but use that with the target frame form the actual seed...

If that's the case I've wasted waay to much time XD.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
If the pokemon I want is there I read you can only catch one, but if I defeat it do you know if it'll respawn so I can abuse it?
Did you read what I wrote?
Did you read the guide I linked to?

After you clear out the grotto (capture or KO the Pokemon, take the item, whatever) you can then abuse the process which generates the grotto contents, including which species of Pokemon and what gender it is.

Did you read what I wrote?
Did you read the guide I linked to?

After you clear out the grotto (capture or KO the Pokemon, take the item, whatever) you can then abuse the process which generates the grotto contents, including which species of Pokemon and what gender it is.
So you can have multiple of one poke appear? Let's say the dragonite was already spawned. Apparently I can't RNG the gender at this point, and I read if I catch it the Dragonite won't spawn anymore. Is that last statement false, or is there something I'm missing?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So you can have multiple of one poke appear? Let's say the dragonite was already spawned. Apparently I can't RNG the gender at this point, and I read if I catch it the Dragonite won't spawn anymore. Is that last statement false, or is there something I'm missing?
Where did you read that last part of your statement? Because it's false.

I've downloaded RNG reporter 9.96.1 for obvious reasons, but before I can do anything it tells me I have to set up a profile. I have 2 problems-
I don't know what to put in any of the fields on the right(VCount, GxStat,VFrame,Timer0Min,and Timer0 Max).

also, leaving these blank, if I click ok (which I assume is supposed to save the profile and add it to the list) it just closes the profile creator and leaves the profile list blank. Any ideas on what I should do?

Also, as a side question, using this tool is it possible to RNG for a Shiny stationary legendary with specific IVs and Nature?

One question.

Why is the timer0 in "M black 2" a 3 digit hex (version 9.96.0) but is a 4 digit hex in the current version. I thought DS lite can only have 3 digit hex timer0 values.

I found a seed that's on frame 81 in the time finder, but when I check it to find the initial PIDRNG frame, it is suddenly on frame 79. What's going on there...?

EDIT: Apparently the frame in time finder was the determinant one. Still weird.

I'm trying to rng my starter, but without any first hand knowledge of the range of Timer0s that people normally see on White 2. I'm trying to do an educated guess on what it would be based on trying to get a pokemon over and over and checking its range of IVs and using the adjacent seed tool, but it doesn't seem to match anything.

I'm also wondering if the Standard Seed frame for gift pokemon advanced by 2 in B2W2 compared to BW. I noticed that difference in RNG Reporter, but I'm wondering if the skipped frame affect the starter pokemon.

Also, does anyone have a list of Timer0s that they get on White 2? I'm using a DS Lite btw, if it matters. Thanks in advance.

Anyone know if the Intial PID Frame is higher in B/W2?

I ID/SID abused for a shiny on frame 57 (kinda low I know) but according to the wild poke I just caught the PID frame I start is 81???? I've never seen the Intial PID Frame that that high.

I caught it in Floccessy Ranch or whatever just after finding the missing Herdier so there aren't any roaming NPC's just wanted to know if it's just this seed or should I ID abuse for a much higher shiny frame.

Edit - Crap nevermind. Just remembered all of those Mareep moving around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)