5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Wait wait, after typing all that out something's clicking. I only ignore the initial frame... the frame listed here is the correct one. When I do the test run, I use that to get the initial frame only... So I take the initial frame from the seed hit, but use that with the target frame form the actual seed...

If that's the case I've wasted waay to much time XD.
Well I finally succeeded. But I had forgotten to delete my save file first, so I've finally succeeded again!

All in all, durr. The "frame" not the "initial frame" you get from going through the beginning without advancing any frames is the initial frame for the seed you want to hit. So I needed to advance form 27 to 49 and not from teh '39' listed in the initial frame box to 49.

I found this out by testing the TIDs I got, and having the seed checker show me what seed I hit and what frame. I woudl advance 10 frames, and it showed the proper seed, but the current frame was 12 behind where it should be. Thus I figured it out the hard way.

HOWEVER! Something very strange happened. As I said earlier, I hit the seed, advanced 22 frames, got my ID, but couldn't save it. When I was going for it the SECOND time, the calibration was different. After 22 advances, hitting the seed, and checking the incorrect ID, I noticed the frames had advanced much higher than they should have... The 39 in the initial frame boxed suddenly started to be correct, and not the 27 I had calibrated to.

The moral of this story is REMEMBER TO DELETE YOUR SAVE FILE BEFORE DOING TID/SID MANIPULATION!!! It throws the initial frame off! And compensating for it is pointless because you can't save anyway!

Well I finally succeeded. But I had forgotten to delete my save file first, so I've finally succeeded again!

All in all, durr. The "frame" not the "initial frame" you get from going through the beginning without advancing any frames is the initial frame for the seed you want to hit. So I needed to advance form 27 to 49 and not from teh '39' listed in the initial frame box to 49.

I found this out by testing the TIDs I got, and having the seed checker show me what seed I hit and what frame. I woudl advance 10 frames, and it showed the proper seed, but the current frame was 12 behind where it should be. Thus I figured it out the hard way.

HOWEVER! Something very strange happened. As I said earlier, I hit the seed, advanced 22 frames, got my ID, but couldn't save it. When I was going for it the SECOND time, the calibration was different. After 22 advances, hitting the seed, and checking the incorrect ID, I noticed the frames had advanced much higher than they should have... The 39 in the initial frame boxed suddenly started to be correct, and not the 27 I had calibrated to.

The moral of this story is REMEMBER TO DELETE YOUR SAVE FILE BEFORE DOING TID/SID MANIPULATION!!! It throws the initial frame off! And compensating for it is pointless because you can't save anyway!
Thank you for posting! I had gone through the same thing you were going through. I also had finally hit my seed. Only problem was that I couldn't save my file since I had a save file already >_<

So now I'm trying to hit my seed to finally get my TID/SID.

guys please help me
ive downloaded rng reporter 9.96.1 and when i open it it doesnt open or nothing happens?
note that the older versons works fine but why this not? i double click on it and then nothing happens
iam using win7 btw 32bit

Is there a possibility for a Standard Seed to occur multiple times? I mean a different date but still the same seed to hit.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is there a possibility for a Standard Seed to occur multiple times? I mean a different date but still the same seed to hit.
No.

(Well, theoretically there is a possibility, but the chances are so small that it doesn't matter.)

But there are plenty of different seeds that will give the same nature / IV / shininess / ESV / whatever results.

No.

(Well, theoretically there is a possibility, but the chances are so small that it doesn't matter.)

But there are plenty of different seeds that will give the same nature / IV / shininess / ESV / whatever results.
Thanks, it was just my OCD kicking-in...

Another question...

I have gotten the ID/SID combo I wanted and I chose frame 62 to be the shiny frame as shown below.

However, when I put these ID/SID combo on RNG Reporter's main window, I get frame 59 as the shiny frame.

Is this a bug? Please help.

How possible would it be to do this for a wondercard RNG: Figure out which poke I encounter with sweet scent when I hit my seed, run, fly to pokecentre with no NPCs, talk to delivery man to figure out what frame I'm at after all this.

If I can consistently hit the same frame entering the PC, this should be easier than just guessing if I hit my seed, right?

Only on DS Phat/Lite. No Dsi/3DS support yet.
You also could have read the OP. You don't need to sift the thread lmao.
no the latest rng reporter supports dsi (not sure bout the 3ds) ..im using it now

I have gotten the ID/SID combo I wanted and I chose frame 62 to be the shiny frame as shown below.

However, when I put these ID/SID combo on RNG Reporter's main window, I get frame 59 as the shiny frame.

The shiny frame will change depending on which Encounter Type you put in the main window. It's always kinda close by. You gotta abuse specifically for which Encounter Type you want to be shiny.

guys cant we remove the sand storm in desert resort by changing the month in bw2 like in bw :/

EDIT: another thing i noticed is that during the cutscene when sweetscenting npcs move...does that advance the pid frame?

When are the Latis twin IV's set? when you first meet them or when you engage in battle?

If I want to RNG them, should I save at the entrance of the Dreamyard or one step before Latias engages in battle?

When are the Latis twin IV's set? when you first meet them or when you engage in battle?

If I want to RNG them, should I save at the entrance of the Dreamyard or one step before Latias engages in battle?
Everything should be determined when you interact with them before the battle. So save one step before the battle.

Where is the best place to find your parameters for BW2? Like in BW1 we had that part of victory road, but the cave has changed. Is there a place with no NPCs, or at least doesn't have WNPCs?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Where is the best place to find your parameters for BW2? Like in BW1 we had that part of victory road, but the cave has changed. Is there a place with no NPCs, or at least doesn't have WNPCs?
NPCs are irrelevant for parameters - Victory Road was only a good choice because it had high-level Pokémon and was easily accessible. Anywhere with high-level Pokémon works fine, and if you can use Pokécheck or some other means of getting exact IVs, you can do it anywhere at all.

Another (hopefully quick) question, because I'm a hopeless newbie to this - when we're using sweet scent to find a wild pokemon to determine and enter its IVs, is the time that we're supposed to record the time that the button was pressed to activate sweet scent, or the time when the actual encounter started?

NPCs are irrelevant for parameters - Victory Road was only a good choice because it had high-level Pokémon and was easily accessible. Anywhere with high-level Pokémon works fine, and if you can use Pokécheck or some other means of getting exact IVs, you can do it anywhere at all.
I guess you're right because now that I think about it the WNPCs advance the PIDRNG frame which wouldn't affect the IVs

Thanks, it was just my OCD kicking-in...

Another question...

Ah... thanks for mentioning this. I just checked mine and the same thing happened. I had picked frame 115, and when I plug in the TID and SID it gives me 112 as the shiny frame, which is not synchronization. If you'll notice both of ours are off by exactly 3! I have no idea what that means though.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Another (hopefully quick) question, because I'm a hopeless newbie to this - when we're using sweet scent to find a wild pokemon to determine and enter its IVs, is the time that we're supposed to record the time that the button was pressed to activate sweet scent, or the time when the actual encounter started?
Neither, it's the time you pressed A to load the game from the main DS menu.
Ah... thanks for mentioning this. I just checked mine and the same thing happened. I had picked frame 115, and when I plug in the TID and SID it gives me 112 as the shiny frame, which is not synchronization. If you'll notice both of ours are off by exactly 3! I have no idea what that means though.
Perhaps you selected the wrong encounter type?

Perhaps you selected the wrong encounter type?

I generated everything set as "wild pokemon" as it's what the guide i was following told me to do. When i change it to "stationary pokemon" it changes to frame 114. Still not the frame I selected, however it at least is synchronizable.

As almost any wild pokemon can be bred, I think I'm OK with that. I'd have to do it in B&W 1, but that's an easier game to RNG manipulate, so I'd probably end up doing that any how.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
It really doesn't make much of a difference, you can get anything shiny without RNGing your ID/SID in BW2 anyway (there aren't even roamers to worry about).

i'm not sure if this should go her eor in the simple question thread, but

can anyone explain the whole breeding thing to me in bw2? i mean i know you can't do it, but i've scoured the internet and i can't find an actual explanation as to why, and now i'm overly curious

i know it's because of the new egg mechanics but is it a glitch or a mechanic change or what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)