5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i'm not sure if this should go her eor in the simple question thread, but

can anyone explain the whole breeding thing to me in bw2? i mean i know you can't do it, but i've scoured the internet and i can't find an actual explanation as to why, and now i'm overly curious

i know it's because of the new egg mechanics but is it a glitch or a mechanic change or what?
It's a glitch, basically the RNG seeds normally but they accidentally made it get overwritten by another seed from when you first created your save file. You can find some of the technical details in the research thread.
Which Pokemon Centers have no wanderers in BW2? Is it just the E4 or are there others?
It's been a while since I've done a BW2 Wonder Card, but IIRC Nimbasa is safe, and I think the E4 actually isn't.

i'm not sure if this should go her eor in the simple question thread, but

can anyone explain the whole breeding thing to me in bw2? i mean i know you can't do it, but i've scoured the internet and i can't find an actual explanation as to why, and now i'm overly curious

i know it's because of the new egg mechanics but is it a glitch or a mechanic change or what?
Theres like a million NPC's close to the daycare now so your frame will go all over the place, also the first egg you receive when you start up your game is always the same for some reason, maybe its a glitch or maybe they did it on purpose as a way to combat RNG'ers.

I recently downloaded PPRNG on my new computer and tried to use it to RNG my Genesect on Black 2, but it didn't work. I found my parameters via the Unova Link method (timer0 was 1103-1106), and found a good spread, did the steps to advance the frame, but didn't get it right any of the times I tried. Am I doing something wrong? Or did I not find all of my timer0s?

PPRNG issue.

I'm using PPRNG 1.14.2 and having Dream Radar issues.

Version: Black 2 (English)
Memory Link used
DS Type: DS Lite
MAC: 00-21-47-30-76-A6
Most reliable Timer0: 1105
VCount: 82
VFrame: 6

RNGing a Sigilyph. I put in Type: Non-legendary, Gender female, Ratio 1/2 female. Slot 1. Timid nature, Hex flawless. I get:

Date: 2012/10/08
Time: 00:52:14
Timer0: 1105
Buttons: Dn-Rt + B-L
Frame: 27
Characteristic: Mischevious
Seed: 5D6510F46B093AED
PID: F65B7A04

Problem: I hit my target date and time, and run my Unova Key link by the Adjacents searcher and I am getting totally different things. I don't mean off by 6 frames or anything, I mean there are no adjacents no matter how I adjust the settings, and the Parameter Searcher says that my results are for totally different Timer0/VCount/VFrame combinations.

Potential issues:
*I did not input a Trainer ID or Secret ID into the program at all. I figured those were just for shinies and I don't care about that. Is it important for Dream Radar?
*Noticing something weird... In the Dream Radar Seed Inspector, version is blank. When I open the drop-down, there is no option for English Black 2, and a blank space is selected. If I attempt to change it, the blank space disappears and I become unable to pick a proper version unless I pick the configuration again.

Anyway, yeah... I am hitting the inputs right (Down-Right on the D-pad, B, and the L bumper all during the white-out load screen) and am confident in my timing, but it's not matching up.

Thanks!

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I recently downloaded PPRNG on my new computer and tried to use it to RNG my Genesect on Black 2, but it didn't work. I found my parameters via the Unova Link method (timer0 was 1103-1106), and found a good spread, did the steps to advance the frame, but didn't get it right any of the times I tried. Am I doing something wrong? Or did I not find all of my timer0s?
how exactly did you advance the frame? Wondercards are determined by the PIDRNG. Additionally, it's very possible you were just T0 trolled.

When using RNG 9.96, i do not see an option for BW2. Im trying to RNG a Heatran. Do i just chose Gen 5 IV's (standard seed) for the method?

so i know all my timer stats and stuff for when I use my white game on my original ds. if I just switch out white for black 2, do I need to find my timer0 and gxstat and that stuff again or is it fine to leave as is so long as I tell rng reporter that it's a different game?

Ignore my last question. I just successfully RNG'd a Dream Radar Pokemon.

I would like to say, however, that the first three times I tried my results were NOWHERE on the Adjacents list. I can't think of anything I did differently during those tries, and I gave myself a leeway of +-5 seconds and +-3 Timer0s (my range is 1103-1107, my target was on 1105) and none of the adjacents even remotely matched my initial attempts.

EDIT: That error I mentioned on the Seed Inspector menu is still worth noting, though. If your Configuration is set to an English Black 2 or White 2 game, the Version in this screen will be blank, and if you open the drop down menu, the checkmark will be by a blank space located under "White 2 (Japanese)". It is apparently harmless, but slightly confusing/disconcerting.

If I were able to get my ID/SID from a seed with a different timer0 (and VCount in my case) than the one I used in TimeFinder, can I still hit the latter seed when I play the game?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Ignore my last question. I just successfully RNG'd a Dream Radar Pokemon.

I would like to say, however, that the first three times I tried my results were NOWHERE on the Adjacents list. I can't think of anything I did differently during those tries, and I gave myself a leeway of +-5 seconds and +-3 Timer0s (my range is 1103-1107, my target was on 1105) and none of the adjacents even remotely matched my initial attempts.
I don't know what happened in your case, but there are several possibilities including hitting a timer0 higher than 1108 or lower than 1102, user error in seeing or inputting the correct spinner direction, or a program bug. Without specific details no one can say.

That error I mentioned on the Seed Inspector menu is still worth noting, though. If your Configuration is set to an English Black 2 or White 2 game, the Version in this screen will be blank, and if you open the drop down menu, the checkmark will be by a blank space located under "White 2 (Japanese)". It is apparently harmless, but slightly confusing/disconcerting.
I can't reproduce your issue. Please post a screenshot of your configuration (in the DS / Game Configuration dialog) as well as a screenshot of one of the searchers showing the error. Also, please verify that your configuration is actually selected when you open the DS / Game Configuration dialog.

Does anybody know how the encounter with Latios changes either the Standard Seed IV frame of the PIDRNG frame(chatot chatters)? Does it change anything at all? Just got done RNGing Heatran...

how exactly did you advance the frame? Wondercards are determined by the PIDRNG. Additionally, it's very possible you were just T0 trolled.
I used a chatot to advance the frame. And I used the wondercard search function of PPRNG.

It is possible that I was T0 trolled, but my T0 is 1103-1106, thats 4 possible outcomes right? Well, when I tried it, all four were the wrong nature and IVs? Am I doing something wrong, or is it possible that I have more than just four outcomes?

I used a chatot to advance the frame. And I used the wondercard search function of PPRNG.

It is possible that I was T0 trolled, but my T0 is 1103-1106, thats 4 possible outcomes right? Well, when I tried it, all four were the wrong nature and IVs? Am I doing something wrong, or is it possible that I have more than just four outcomes?
I have actually only had success without advancing the frame via chatot pitches. I think they screw with something (maybe T0) in this game...

Otherwise, keep at it for 20 attempts, and if nothing works, then frame advancing is messed up for you.

Obviously your mileage may vary. I could be doing something wrong lol

DSi and 3DS support is done I think, or it needs more fix?

I've found a bug, I think, that is either is cart-related or console related. When I first played the game, I RNG abused a Genesect with the parameters of:

Timer0 = 1675
VCount = AD

However, just a while ago, I tried to abuse my TID and SID with a DIFFERENT set of parameters.

Timer0 = 1673
VCount = AC

My question is, can there really be a difference from my T0 and VCount at the same time? If I get my seed from Time Finder generated from the first parameters (1675, AD) and hit the seed from Pandora's Box (1673, AC), can I still hit the seed from my former parameters for my starter, wondercards, stationary legends, etc.?

DSi and 3DS support is done I think, or it needs more fix?

I've found a bug, I think, that is either is cart-related or console related. When I first played the game, I RNG abused a Genesect with the parameters of:

Timer0 = 1675
VCount = AD

However, just a while ago, I tried to abuse my TID and SID with a DIFFERENT set of parameters.

Timer0 = 1673
VCount = AC

My question is, can there really be a difference from my T0 and VCount at the same time? If I get my seed from Time Finder generated from the first parameters (1675, AD) and hit the seed from Pandora's Box (1673, AC), can I still hit the seed from my former parameters for my starter, wondercards, stationary legends, etc.?
Yes, everybody is reporting multiple Timer0 values. Some people, such as me, have gotten over 10 different Timer0 values. So you need to do many trials and see which ones pop up more often for you.

I'm trying to get Keldeo back in BW1, and what I find weird is that when I click "Generate adjacent seeds" to my seed, it shows the advances I need without a roamer released, but I have the roamer option on the main menu of RNG Reporter checked. Is that supposed to happen, has that not been programmed in yet or something? (Example, calculating initial PID gives me 55 and the frame I want is 60, but for adjacent seeds it is automatically set to 6 advancements [in BW2 it was correct every time so far by the way]).

Another thing is that I'm not even getting any of the adjacent seeds when I fail at getting my Keldeo, so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong...

One more question, if I memory link what actually gets shuffled around? Is Timer0 and all the parameters the same?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 16)