5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

yeah its the same but only you need to do lot of tests to get your paras as there are about 12-15 timer0s this time...
I think how many timer0s variations there are could be dependent on the system. I've saw some of the other timer0 from people with DSi and it's different than what I have the DS Lite. If you saw my post above, there's 3 timer0s that I constantly hit for that.

hello. can i find my parameters early in white 2? if not, when is the earliest?
If you are patient enough, you can find your parameters when getting your starter. That's what I did. It does help if you get a stat that there's only one possible IV for. Also, if you have a retail cart, the VFrame and VCount stays constant from what I've heard (though I think the actual parameters vary depending on the type of system). If you have a DS Lite and a retail cart, the VFrame should be 82 and the VCount should be 6. If you look at what some other people posted in some of the previous pages, it's the same. So, hopefully, it'll narrow down your search. I'm using White 2 btw.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is there any disadvantage to using Memory Link early on? Like will it have some negative effect on the spreads I can find? Or is it better for me to Memory Link when I've RNGed everything I want?
Because performing a Memory Link permanently changes the initial PIDRNG frame for most (but not all) seeds but has no effect on the IVRNG, the DR frames that you can hit after doing a Memory Link are different than those you could hit before linking. The IV frames don't change, though, so what you will see is that there will be frames with the same IVs at the same Dream Radar frame number as before the Memory Link, but the nature will have changed to something else. This result is that some frames with good IVs but bad natures will have useful natures after linking, but the opposite case is also true.

Note, though, that doing a Memory Link is beneficial overall because it lowers the initial PID frame for most seeds (and doesn't increase it for any seeds). That means you can hit lower PIDRNG frames for normal in-game encounters as well as Wondercards, increasing the number of useful seeds.

Alright, good to know. Thanks. I've just been hesitant to do it in case I'd lose some good DR spreads in the process, but maybe that's not as big of an issue as I think it is...

I think I'm just being totally trolled by my BW1 game for the first time.

I had Timer0 of C7F. I was getting nothing, so I rechecked my parameters 3 times and I found out I was getting C7E. So I now searched for a C7E Wondercard. 6x in a row I get C7F Keldeos...
GODDAMNIT.

EDIT: Finally got him... finally... feels good man...

I think I'm just being totally trolled by my BW1 game for the first time.

I had Timer0 of C7F. I was getting nothing, so I rechecked my parameters 3 times and I found out I was getting C7E. So I now searched for a C7E Wondercard. 6x in a row I get C7F Keldeos...
GODDAMNIT.

EDIT: Finally got him... finally... feels good man...
if u use keypresses it stabalise the timer0 little bit.....

if u use keypresses it stabalise the timer0 little bit.....
I've RNG'd about 20 pokes in BW1 (all press-less) and my Timer0 never gave me a single problem until the 20+ it gave me today. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm done RNGing for the next month hopefully. Woohoo. Now to attempt to enjoy playing through BW2.

I've RNG'd about 20 pokes in BW1 (all press-less) and my Timer0 never gave me a single problem until the 20+ it gave me today. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm done RNGing for the next month hopefully. Woohoo. Now to attempt to enjoy playing through BW2.
Now there's something you should have mentioned earlier. Everybody with a retail cart has 2 Timer0s per system in BW1, and most find that one occurs more often with keypresses, while the other occurs more without.

Now imagine doing that in BW2, where you can have 10 or more.

I'm still not quite sure what you mean by "it used standard seed instead of PIDRNG in the main window" and "bad IVs," though.
In the main window of RNG reporter instead of me having to use PIDRNG it used standard seed, I caught the my pokemon and found its IVs under standard seed.
If you need I can record it to show you.

can we find our paras using unova link in rng reporter, just like the one in pprng? if not, will it be possible for rng reporter?
Not yet, but eventually. We don't know how long it'll be.

.........I wonder which would be faster: waiting for the update to RNG Reporter, or looking for a way to use PPRNG in Windows (like through emulation or whatever).

Ok so I'm trying to RNG the Genesect Event for a 31/XX/31/30/30/31 Modest Genesect with 70 BP HP Ground. I tried Wondercard method and Standard Seed Gift Pokemon method and neither has done anything. I know that the only thing I have to advance is the PIDRNG and I've been using Chatot, but every time the IVs are completely off. I even found a Gift Pokemon seed on Frame 1 and every time I got something completely off. I'm using the Pokemon Center in Undella town since there's no NPCs there, and everything looks right, but Im just not getting anything.

Also, for those of you having troubles with BW1, I'd suggest using RNGReporter 9.95. That version was the most consistent for me with BW1.

I'm also having PIDRNG woes. I finally hit my target ID/SID pair (thanks to those who were patiently answering my questions), and it was through sheer luck that my initial frame just so happened to be my target frame... However, I'm now choosing my starter and am having a hopeless time of determining my starting frame.

The timer0s are probably the main source of my problem, but I'm having a hard time telling what frame I'm on due to the fact that every starter I've chosen has had a flawless stat characteristic corresponding to the IV spread I searched for. Earlier today I got a nature corresponding to the list, restarted, saved once (I had to try this a few times) and eventually got the next consecutive nature on the list. So I assumed that was my starting frame.
However, now I'm trying this again, and the first two times I saved 9 times to advance the frame to the one I wanted, and got the same nature + characteristic twice... but that nature is on an even earlier frame. Which one am I supposed to assume is my starting frame?

I'm also wondering if the Aspertia NPCs count as wandering NPCs that affect the frame advances when doing the saves...hopefully not, since I assumed that timer0 differences were the reason most of my received natures were all over the place.

Ok, so I just looked back a few pages on this thread and noticed people talking about having nearly a dozen Timer0s. I calibrated about 11 times and got a range of 10F3-10F6, which someone else here had. Is that similar to delay in 4th gen RNGing where you have to hit start slightly before the second to get an earlier timer0?

How long will it roughly take until BW2 RNG is available on German retail carts using Windows XP? About a week? Month? Any clue?

How long will it roughly take until BW2 RNG is available on German retail carts using Windows XP? About a week? Month? Any clue?
Nope. We don't even know when Reporter will have everything for English carts on Windows 7. It'll happen when it happens.

I'm also having PIDRNG woes. I finally hit my target ID/SID pair (thanks to those who were patiently answering my questions), and it was through sheer luck that my initial frame just so happened to be my target frame... However, I'm now choosing my starter and am having a hopeless time of determining my starting frame.

The timer0s are probably the main source of my problem, but I'm having a hard time telling what frame I'm on due to the fact that every starter I've chosen has had a flawless stat characteristic corresponding to the IV spread I searched for. Earlier today I got a nature corresponding to the list, restarted, saved once (I had to try this a few times) and eventually got the next consecutive nature on the list. So I assumed that was my starting frame.
However, now I'm trying this again, and the first two times I saved 9 times to advance the frame to the one I wanted, and got the same nature + characteristic twice... but that nature is on an even earlier frame. Which one am I supposed to assume is my starting frame?

I'm also wondering if the Aspertia NPCs count as wandering NPCs that affect the frame advances when doing the saves...hopefully not, since I assumed that timer0 differences were the reason most of my received natures were all over the place.
Is this on BW1 or 2? Also, could you post a snapshot of your PID frames generated, and tell us the results (natures + characteristics) you've been getting?

What might help is right clicking the PID frames and entering your target IV spread, then Reporter will generate the characteristic for each frame. Also, make sure the PID frames that you're generating have a starting frame that's around 10 less than the starting frame that Reporter generated. In BW1 I've heard that your starting frame for starters could sometimes be before the starting frame Reporter lists.

Is this on BW1 or 2? Also, could you post a snapshot of your PID frames generated, and tell us the results (natures + characteristics) you've been getting?

What might help is right clicking the PID frames and entering your target IV spread, then Reporter will generate the characteristic for each frame. Also, make sure the PID frames that you're generating have a starting frame that's around 10 less than the starting frame that Reporter generated. In BW1 I've heard that your starting frame for starters could sometimes be before the starting frame Reporter lists.
I'm playing White 2, and thanks a lot for that tip about displaying the characteristics! I didn't even realize I could actually do that, but it helps a ton. I think I finally managed to locate a frame within the list that I obtained (I doubt a Lax female with a mischievous characteristic is going to pop up often).

However, the results I've been receiving still puzzle me. These are the PID frames that were generated, I've gotten Careful - Often dozes off, Calm - Likes to thrash about, Rash - Likes to thrash about, Calm - often dozes off, Lax - Mischievous, Quirky - Often dozes off. All male except for the Lax - Mischievous (I saved once before picking that one up, but I've never gotten a Modest- Mischievous before).
http://i.imgur.com/UHHGl.png
http://i.imgur.com/i56L3.png
I guess I'm just confused because they're all characteristics that go with my IV spread (31/31/30/31/30/30), but when I match up characteristics to natures on the list, they seem to be all over the place. I thought I was just missing my timer0 a bunch of times, but would it just be a coincidence that everything I've received has a flawless characteristic that I'm targeting?

I also have a pretty high target frame (in the 80s), and I actually have a different timer0 for my IV spread than I used for my ID/SID abuse (IV - 10F3 and the ID/SID - 10F4), so I'm not sure if that'll be a problem and if I should just start over with the ID/SID abuse as well...
At any rate, thanks a lot for your help!

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I posted a guide for how to RNG the encounters in Hidden Grottoes using RNG Reporter. This way people have a complete reference to it rather than scattered posts.

Edit: Reminder for all 3DS/DSi users that are using a non-English/Japanese B/W2 cart - Follow the procedure outlined here, though you may use Pokécheck instead as long as you're clear which Pokémon was the first and second.

Edit 2: Whoops. Post the results in this thread. Apparently the first location that works for this is the first part of Virbank Complex - the part that has the same music as the town itself. The area is very small.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)