5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm also wondering if the Aspertia NPCs count as wandering NPCs that affect the frame advances when doing the saves...hopefully not, since I assumed that timer0 differences were the reason most of my received natures were all over the place.
I'm also currently trying to RNG a starter on Black 2 myself. I'm fairly sure the reason why the natures are all over the place is because of the wandering NPCs. I've gotten varying natures simply by waiting a couple of seconds before obtaining the starters whilst still getting the same IV's.

The characteristics also match quite high frames, around the hundreds. Unless I'm going completely wrong somewhere, is it possible for the NPCs to advance the frame that quickly after starting the game?

I'm playing White 2, and thanks a lot for that tip about displaying the characteristics! I didn't even realize I could actually do that, but it helps a ton. I think I finally managed to locate a frame within the list that I obtained (I doubt a Lax female with a mischievous characteristic is going to pop up often).

However, the results I've been receiving still puzzle me. These are the PID frames that were generated, I've gotten Careful - Often dozes off, Calm - Likes to thrash about, Rash - Likes to thrash about, Calm - often dozes off, Lax - Mischievous, Quirky - Often dozes off. All male except for the Lax - Mischievous (I saved once before picking that one up, but I've never gotten a Modest- Mischievous before).
http://i.imgur.com/UHHGl.png
http://i.imgur.com/i56L3.png
I guess I'm just confused because they're all characteristics that go with my IV spread (31/31/30/31/30/30), but when I match up characteristics to natures on the list, they seem to be all over the place. I thought I was just missing my timer0 a bunch of times, but would it just be a coincidence that everything I've received has a flawless characteristic that I'm targeting?

I also have a pretty high target frame (in the 80s), and I actually have a different timer0 for my IV spread than I used for my ID/SID abuse (IV - 10F3 and the ID/SID - 10F4), so I'm not sure if that'll be a problem and if I should just start over with the ID/SID abuse as well...
At any rate, thanks a lot for your help!
I think you're missing your timer0 mostly, because the only results you posted that I saw in your snapshot near your starting frame were the Careful often dozes, and the Lax mischievous. So I'm pretty sure your starting frame is 54, since Lax, Female, and mischievous is pretty unlikely to show up on your adjacent seeds. If possible, I recommend finding another seed with the timer0 you hit for your ID/SID, since you might hit that one more often. If not, then I'm going to suggest that you assume 54 is your starting frame and use that to figure out how many times you need to save.

Also, if there are NPCs (I'm not sure if there is, since I don't have the game yet) then a target frame in the 80s might be difficult unless you can save multiple times while staying on the menu.

Edit: Outrage is right, there are 5 NPCs in the area and this is why the results are all over the place. If radishes was missing his/her timer0 then he/she most likely wouldn't be getting those flawless characteristics, so NPCs seem to be the problem... Radishes, for finding your starting frame, try picking your starter ASAP (be really fast) and see what you get. Then, use this as your ssf and try again by saving the right amount of times. I'm not sure how saving in B2/W2 works, but if you can't save multiple times while staying in the menu (which stops NPC advancements) then RNGing a starter in B2/W2 seems pretty difficult, and not really worth it Imo.

Ok, can someone help me with getting this Gensect event? Here's my results for the Wondercard search, with parameters included:

http://i.imgur.com/ww9aj.png
http://i.imgur.com/GtoB1.png

Every time I try to RNG I get completely random, untraceable results. I can't figure out how to even begin with Wondercards in BW2. I've done wondercards 6 times for the Victini and Mewtwo events in BW1, but for some reason I'm ALWAYS inconsistent here. BTW, there's no NPCs in the Pokemon center I'm in when I talk to the postman (Icirrus City). I've even tried to just talk to him w/o advancing the PIDRNG with Chatot to see if I could at least find that result, but nothing has worked thus far.

I need to clarify something on BW2 RNG:

1.) How do you define "first interaction with Lati@s?" is it when you first see it as you enter the dreamyard or before you battle it (since you have to catch it)?

2.) Can Reshiram/Zekrom be shiny (Dragonspiral Tower)?

Thanks!

calibrating my DSi, I remember the last time I RNGed, it was 2 seconds behind, so when entering the exact time for calibration should I just enter the one on the clock (seconds included, of course) or should I subtract the two seconds?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
calibrating my DSi, I remember the last time I RNGed, it was 2 seconds behind, so when entering the exact time for calibration should I just enter the one on the clock (seconds included, of course) or should I subtract the two seconds?
When I say exact time, I mean exact time. So no, don't subtract two seconds. That's what calibration is for.

I'm also currently trying to RNG a starter on Black 2 myself. I'm fairly sure the reason why the natures are all over the place is because of the wandering NPCs. I've gotten varying natures simply by waiting a couple of seconds before obtaining the starters whilst still getting the same IV's.

The characteristics also match quite high frames, around the hundreds. Unless I'm going completely wrong somewhere, is it possible for the NPCs to advance the frame that quickly after starting the game?

Edit: Outrage is right, there are 5 NPCs in the area and this is why the results are all over the place. If radishes was missing his/her timer0 then he/she most likely wouldn't be getting those flawless characteristics, so NPCs seem to be the problem... Radishes, for finding your starting frame, try picking your starter ASAP (be really fast) and see what you get. Then, use this as your ssf and try again by saving the right amount of times. I'm not sure how saving in B2/W2 works, but if you can't save multiple times while staying in the menu (which stops NPC advancements) then RNGing a starter in B2/W2 seems pretty difficult, and not really worth it Imo.

Ah, I was afraid those NPCs would count as wandering, but it explains a lot.
I guess I just picked a difficult seed to determine starting frames for to begin with, as well - I used the generate adjacent seed tool to look at the spreads for the other timer0s, and turns out that the second before mine has a spread with a flawless attack stat and the one after has a flawless HP stat. So it seems the only reliable characteristic to determine frame my off of is 'Mischievous' on the current seed. Also, saving exits you out of the menu, so RNGing a starter is indeed difficult, unfortunately... though out of sheer stubbornness I'm going try a few more times and see what happens. x_x

Outrage, I'm curious, are you hitting those frames in the hundreds after waiting a few seconds, or is that right after you boot the game and talk to Bianca? I want to retry my process with a different seed but I've no idea what to shoot for, since it seems I've gotten from as low as the 50s to as high as the 100s depending on how long I wait.

Does changing your Trainer ID/Secret ID with a save editor screw things up? I changed my IDs in Black and Diamond, and in both games when I tried to breed shinies, I got my Pokemon to hatch with everything on the target frame *except* for the shininess. I'm 100% sure that I entered my IDs correctly... am I just doing something else wrong?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Does changing your Trainer ID/Secret ID with a save editor screw things up? I changed my IDs in Black and Diamond, and in both games when I tried to breed shinies, I got my Pokemon to hatch with everything on the target frame *except* for the shininess. I'm 100% sure that I entered my IDs correctly... am I just doing something else wrong?
don't edit your ID/SID.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
How are the Shiny Haxorus, Shiny Gible, and Shiny Dratini generated in BW2? Are they RNG'd like a normal encounter, or is there something else that needs to be done?

Agonist

How are the Shiny Haxorus, Shiny Gible, and Shiny Dratini generated in BW2? Are they RNG'd like a normal encounter, or is there something else that needs to be done?
Haxorus is a stationary, as for the other two I've got no clue, as there isn't any point in RNGing those eggs.

Hey guys, starting up RNGing again with the release of BW2, and I've been using PPRNG to try Unova Link my parameters, and just making sure but would any of these be off? (Since I feel the Timer0 is incredibly high compared to what I've seen what others are getting)

T0: 167B-1688
VCount: AD
VF: 8
System: 3DS (XL)

I've been trying to do RNG abuse on my Pokemon White. It hasn't been working :( I've looked up countless youtube videos and read through the Smogon guide, but it still isn't working.

I'm only trying to get the IV RNG to work for now.

I calibrated the game, and then tried to use Time Finder, but the Pokemon I get do not have good IVs. What am I doing wrong? I'm following the steps exactly as written

Here's what I did:

1) calibration:
Saved at victory road
Changed DS clock to 10/13/2012 10:30
Started game at 10:30 + 30 secs, used Sweet Scent caught Durant, input IVs
Input mac address, selected version/language etc. in DS Parameters Setup
Pressed Generate
Saved DS Parameters in Time Finder

2) time finder
Used seed in time finder
Changed desired IVs to 31/31/31/31/31/31
Min/Max frame = 1
Allowed 3 keystrokes
Started game at the time specified, pressed keystroke
used sweet scent

System: DS Lite
Version: Pokemon White

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Ok maybe something went wrong with my RNG...

Scenario:
I used the same seed to capture a Reshiram at Dragonspiral Tower and using it again on the same game to capture Kyurem... I get the same IV's but the PID frame advanced (I think) since the nature is not the initial PID frame nature which I got for Reshiram... I'll try again hitting the seed anyway...

Thanks!

EDIT: Ok I found out that the PID frame for Kyurem advanced by 4 frames for my RNG... I don't know why since there aren't any NPC's on the area...
Captured a RNG'ed Kyurem anyway ^^

Hey guys, I had no trouble RNGing in DP and BW1, but B2 is killing me lol.

Just a questions about RNG reporter:

I've generated a seed for 31 IVs in every stat, for frame 1. However, when I go to adjacent seed checker, I see that it is in fact frame 3 of the standard IV seed which yields perfect IVs, not frame 1. This is the same for several seeds I have tested.

Does this happen because the standard IV seed starts on frame 3, and so RNG reporter takes care of this by making it frame 1?

Also, with Pandora's box ID/SID abuse, when you enter a frame to make shiny for a certain seed, it generates ID/SID combos which make the frame 3 prior shiny.

I am trying to RNG my starter (something I've done many times in BW1) but am having lots of trouble. I think it might be because of the WNPCs in the starting town.

Just wanna check also, does saving in BW2 advance your PID 1 frame still? Or has this changed in BW2?

Agonist

Is setting up DS parameters for black 2 on a DS lite
The exact same as doing it for black 1?
yes, unless you happen to have a Mac and PPRNG, in which case you can use the Unova Link to find your parameters.

What is the earliest place in the game to Sweet Scent for calibrating?
~Uiru
Virbank Complex (not the interior, just the one directly beneath Virbank City) doesn't have any WNPCs, however, the Pokemon are only level 10-12.

Hey guys, I had no trouble RNGing in DP and BW1, but B2 is killing me lol.

Just a questions about RNG reporter:

I've generated a seed for 31 IVs in every stat, for frame 1. However, when I go to adjacent seed checker, I see that it is in fact frame 3 of the standard IV seed which yields perfect IVs, not frame 1. This is the same for several seeds I have tested.

Does this happen because the standard IV seed starts on frame 3, and so RNG reporter takes care of this by making it frame 1?

Also, with Pandora's box ID/SID abuse, when you enter a frame to make shiny for a certain seed, it generates ID/SID combos which make the frame 3 prior shiny.

I am trying to RNG my starter (something I've done many times in BW1) but am having lots of trouble. I think it might be because of the WNPCs in the starting town.

Just wanna check also, does saving in BW2 advance your PID 1 frame still? Or has this changed in BW2?
there are quite a few WNPCs in Aspertia (five or six iirc), so it's a bit difficult to get the right nature. And yes, afaik, saving still advances the PIDRNG by one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)