5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

A lot, though it depends on what game you're playing and using an external timer to start your game helps a lot.
Wow, I didn't even know this. Being in a different fraction of your target second can offset Timer0s or something?
Will keep in mind for the future.

It's easier for me to use a DS Lite since it has it's own clock and I can hit seeds consistently with that rather than having a DSi and use EonTimer. Eon is great, I have used it for C-Gear seeds, BW Standard Seeds, and 4th Gen Abuse. It's just I find it hard now with BW2.

After a hiatus from Pokemon, I finally beat White 2 and want to pick up RNG again. From reading through this thread, it seems like the mechanics in BW2 are mostly the same as the ones in BW. So two quick questions:

1. When I take the step forward to battle the Dreamyard Lati@s, does that advance the RNG? There's also a bit of animation after taking that step where Lati@s flies over. Is there any advancement there? (I thought the thread mentions that there are wandering NPCs in the Dreamyard?)

2. Why is it that breeding RNG cannot be done in BW2? I'm just curious about the mechanics, not really upset about being able to do it or not.

Thank you!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
After a hiatus from Pokemon, I finally beat White 2 and want to pick up RNG again. From reading through this thread, it seems like the mechanics in BW2 are mostly the same as the ones in BW. So two quick questions:

1. When I take the step forward to battle the Dreamyard Lati@s, does that advance the RNG? There's also a bit of animation after taking that step where Lati@s flies over. Is there any advancement there? (I thought the thread mentions that there are wandering NPCs in the Dreamyard?)

2. Why is it that breeding RNG cannot be done in BW2? I'm just curious about the mechanics, not really upset about being able to do it or not.

Thank you!
1. Unless the NPCs move right after you exit the menu, you should be fine - they freeze during cutscenes.

2. Basically, there's a bug in the game code which causes inheritance and several other factors to be static (but it only affects the first egg received after loading the game, so non-RNG breeding is mostly unaffected).

If a Pokemon has already spawned in a Hidden Grotto (example, the Minccino that you find during the main story), when RNG'ing it is it anything special or just a stationary encounter like the various legendaries?

Hidden Grotto encounter type. Setting the proper gender and gender ratio is VERY important.
No I mean once the Pokemon has spawned in the Grotto. I haven't quite figured out how to RNG the regeneration of the Hidden Grotto, what I meant was once the Pokemon has spawned there is it a stationary encounter?

Two more questions:

- If I activated Memory Link, do I check Memory Link in Time Finder?
- Does saving the game still advance the PIDRNG by 1?

Thank you again!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
No I mean once the Pokemon has spawned in the Grotto. I haven't quite figured out how to RNG the regeneration of the Hidden Grotto, what I meant was once the Pokemon has spawned there is it a stationary encounter?
Gender and gender ratio matter even after you've spawned it, because they affect the PID. It also has its own encounter type - it's only similar to a regular stationary in that there are no encounter slots and the IVs/nature are set when you talk to it.
so that means I could perfectly find my parameters in a place such as route 5?
Right. All that matters is the IVs.
Two more questions:

- If I activated Memory Link, do I check Memory Link in Time Finder?
- Does saving the game still advance the PIDRNG by 1?

Thank you again!
It should be in your profile, not Time Finder, and yes.

On another note, how much do the NPC's advance the PID frame when going for a shiny starter in BW2? Do I just need to do it trail-by-error and hope I save the right number?
My initial PID frame is 48 I think, and my Shiny target is 60. Will the NPC's advance it past my target?

Wait, for Hidden Groto the IVs and Pokemon are set ahead of time so you can't RNG them?

Then what is the point of RNGing in the Hidden Groto at all?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Wait, for Hidden Groto the IVs and Pokemon are set ahead of time so you can't RNG them?

Then what is the point of RNGing in the Hidden Groto at all?
The species and gender are set ahead of time, but you can RNG them right after emptying the grotto. The IVs and nature are set when you encounter it (like a stationary).

Oh, so you CAN RNG the IV and nature upon encounter; cool.
How hard is it to RNG the species you want?

Also, is the gift Evee RNG-able, or do the CPUs screw you up?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Oh, so you CAN RNG the IV and nature upon encounter; cool.
How hard is it to RNG the species you want?

Also, is the gift Evee RNG-able, or do the CPUs screw you up?
RNGing the species is exactly as hard as RNGing anything else in a NPC-free area (read: not hard at all unless Timer0 really hates you), and it only takes a few seconds to find a seed so it's a lot faster as well.

I don't know if there are wandering NPCs in Eevee's area, but even if there are you can still do it, you just have to account for their advances (through either trial and error or Chatot pitches).

The species and gender are set ahead of time, but you can RNG them right after emptying the grotto. The IVs and nature are set when you encounter it (like a stationary).
So I put this in Time Finder to generate the IVs

In the main window of RNG Reporter, do I use the Encounter type of Stationary Pokemon or Hidden Grotto. Sorry in advance about all the questions, I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

OR

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
So you empty the room, save, then you RNG when in the groto?
And that generates what you want?
That's right. Save immediately after emptying it (after either picking up the item or battling the Pokémon), then hit your seed and walk 256 steps. Leave the grotto, come back in, and you should see the Pokémon you want. If you don't see it, then either you hit the wrong Timer0 or you made a mistake somewhere.

So I tried to reset my TID. I ran some tests: I started the game on 19.10.2012 @ 13:30:25, new game. I check my TID and use it in the Pandora's Box to "Find Seed Hit". It says Frame 25, Initial Frame 38, Time 13:30:33.

How is this even possible? I know how to hit the second, I have done it countless times before. But everytime I do the above mentioned procedure, I get a time, that's a random number of seconds late, the initial Frame varies between 26 und 38 and how can the Frame even be lower than the Initial Frame?

I checked my timer0 and it's almost consistently 1635. Sometimes 1634. But that's not the problem.

im waiting for a RNG Reporter which supports german black/white 2, too. pls give it to me
As far as I know german white 2 is supported now. (If not, this could explain my problems...)

hey guys. i just rng'ed a flawless timid genesect, and am now restarting my game to for other natures.

what i was wondering is if the parameters would stay the same on the new save file, or will i need to recalibrate?

As far as I know german white 2 is supported now. (If not, this could explain my problems...)
there is a german option, and there are other european options, too, but if u choose it and want it to say your seed, it doesnt work, because there comes a probleme of "RNG Reporter doenst work". if u try it with japanese(for example) ,it will work. i've already tried it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)