5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

omg when finding paras in B2 i got a constant vcount and lot of timer0s...but when i find my paras for W2 in ANOTHER dsi i got 2 vcounts AD and AC and timer0s...what do i chose...or should i find my paras for W2 on the same dsi i rnged B2 on?

please help...confused
guys i did this on the other dsi too but it get 2 vcounts too :( AC and AD .....it never happened in B2 .only in W2

little trouble in choosing :/ which one should i use

Actual Seconds VCount Timer0 GxStat VFrame Seed
21 AD 1675 6 8 61C19B180C9DA859
17 AC 1673 6 8 4B95B468BEBA6FC7
22 AC 1673 6 8 2951B9FBFB8D8CBB
21 AC 166D 6 8 40B1BBFAD1FB754C
22 AC 166F 6 8 5DEFD11AC046E1A1
21 AC 1671 6 8 5F21D95C9DB70B96
22 AD 1675 6 8 9776D7DAA077B316
22 AD 167B 6 8 F354C7800A695278
21 AD 1674 6 8 03EC17BABC97C74C
21 AC 1674 6 8 822CD0A69AAD9008
22 AC 166B 6 8 293FC5832885EE79
22 AC 1671 6 8 33D475637F03370C
22 AD 1678 6 8 204A3AC27975810B
21 AC 166E 6 8 9CE7E76E553094A2
21 AC 166B 6 8 9F61B693ABFA106B
22 AC 1672 6 8 03D2FA8228628603
21 AC 166C 6 8 7AE32B6E0BB6ADB8
22 AD 1677 6 8 514FB465774CFB91
22 AC 166A 6 8 997E44BA62598178
22 AC 166C 6 8 4BFE7DA25FBC2FE3
21 AC 1672 6 8 9B36D37B49238060
22 AC 166D 6 8 1CC18E0058356F72
22 AC 166A 6 8 26B6EA18E0E38144
22 AC 166B 6 8 470A246463057A61
22 AC 1673 6 8 AE578C07D1B79A08
22 AC 1672 6 8 2003A367B03E26DB
22 AC 166B 6 8 68D178C557EA986E
22 AC 166F 6 8 3D1AE65132FFF820
22 AC 166E 6 8 2DDDDF4C09E26E71

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can the gift Eevee still be shiny? And the gift turtle/archeopteryx too?
And are there NPCs that make getting a shiny really difficult in any of these buildings?
All three can be shiny, and there aren't any WNPCs in the Museum at least (BW2 only, in BW there are).

Ok, so I'm trying to RNG the Azelf on Route 23 and I'm a little bit confused as to what RNGReporter is telling me that I had hit. I know its a stationary pokemon and that there are NPCs (which usually advances the PIDRNG frame by 4 for me if I have to use Chatot [which i did]). Here's my parameters for the search:

http://i.imgur.com/eGFHx.png
http://i.imgur.com/MyqWY.png

I ended up getting a non-shiny terrible Azelf instead, so I plugged in my time into the Adjacent Seed Tool to compare results. The problem is, it says I hit frame 3 of a nearby Timer0, when I advanced the PIDRNG frame 67 times with Chatot alone. Here's my find:

http://i.imgur.com/3TfDv.png

Any idea what that means?

Just a few questions in regards to rng'ing the mystery gift genesect that I'm hoping someone could help me with.

Is it possible to find IV frames under 50 for event pokemon? Looking through time finder the lowest frame I can find (over many years) is just over 55 for my target spread, is this normal or should I keep looking?

Also, do we know if entering through the pokecenter door affects the IVRNG in anyway? There's a wandering NPC inside there that makes using the PIRNG next to impossible when I need to advance the IV frames over 50.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and one last thing, is there an IV checker equivalent to BW1? Is he in the same spot?

Just a few questions in regards to rng'ing the mystery gift genesect that I'm hoping someone could help me with.

Is it possible to find IV frames under 50 for event pokemon? Looking through time finder the lowest frame I can find (over many years) is just over 55 for my target spread, is this normal or should I keep looking?

Also, do we know if entering through the pokecenter door affects the IVRNG in anyway? There's a wandering NPC inside there that makes using the PIRNG next to impossible when I need to advance the IV frames over 50.

Thanks in advance.
You're using a false assumption: unlike most other things, IVs and PIDs for wondercards are both determined by the same RNG. All you need to do for your Genesect is advance the PIDRNG, which means starting frames of 50+ and all you need are Chatot calls.

Oh and one last thing, is there an IV checker equivalent to BW1? Is he in the same spot?
If you mean the guy in the Battle Subway, then yes, he's still there.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy

Thanks in advance.

Wondercards work only with the pid frames; you don't have to advance the iv frames at all

Saying that; you don't have to exit or enter the center at all

There is one but you need to beat the e4 first

Thanks in advance.

also the starting frame for wondercards is about 48 from memory

Thanks in advance.

First of all, when I RNG'd my Genesect I did it in Icirrus City or Undella Town where there were no NPCs. Idk what's available for you, but if you want to have a much easier time I recommend getting to those locations first. Second of all, you want to use the Adjacent Seed Tool, to check which Timer0 you hit (since it can fluctuate A LOT). Just make sure that you compare the number of advancements with Chatot you did to the starting PIDRNG frame in each seed, since different Timer0s have different seeds (and thus different starting frames). Lastly, the IV checker is still in the Battle Subway right by the entrance.

Also, I think my post was skipped (bottom of the last page).

First of all, when I RNG'd my Genesect I did it in Icirrus City or Undella Town where there were no NPCs. Idk what's available for you, but if you want to have a much easier time I recommend getting to those locations first. Second of all, you want to use the Adjacent Seed Tool, to check which Timer0 you hit (since it can fluctuate A LOT). Just make sure that you compare the number of advancements with Chatot you did to the starting PIDRNG frame in each seed, since different Timer0s have different seeds (and thus different starting frames). Lastly, the IV checker is still in the Battle Subway right by the entrance.

Also, I think my post was skipped (bottom of the last page).
The first city in BW2 with no WNPCs is Castelia. That's where I did my Genesect.

Ah, well as far as I remember there was a man turning in Castelia city Pokemon center, but that might just be me waiting to RNG and completing the storyline first.

is the movement of npcs depend on pid frame...i mean for same seed they move similarly but if you advance the frame and then as soon as you quit the menu do they move differently than not advancing and quitting the menu ?

EDIT: im rnging a riolu in floccesy ranch and i stopped the npcs by battling the only moving npcs are now mareep....so my pid frame is 86 and i stopped chattoting at 85 then sweet scent...and i got a pokemon in 93 and when i adjust the advancements to hit my frame i get 89 ...please help so lost.....thanks in advance....and yes im getting the ivs correct...

Been a while since I have posted here, just want to know how much has changed from BW in BW2

EDIT: Aside from the larger amount of timer0s

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Is there any guides for BW2 calibration? I cannot seem to RNG at all in Black 2.
The process is exactly the same, you just have to do it more because there's more Timer0s.
is the movement of npcs depend on pid frame...i mean for same seed they move similarly but if you advance the frame and then as soon as you quit the menu do they move differently than not advancing and quitting the menu ?

EDIT: im rnging a riolu in floccesy ranch and i stopped the npcs by battling the only moving npcs are now mareep....so my pid frame is 86 and i stopped chattoting at 85 then sweet scent...and i got a pokemon in 93 and when i adjust the advancements to hit my frame i get 89 ...please help so lost.....thanks in advance....and yes im getting the ivs correct...
Yes, NPC movement depends on the frame when you exit the menu. You may have to play around with the advances to get it to work, and if you find that the frame is totally unhittable, you can re-save and try again so they start from different positions.
Been a while since I have posted here, just want to know how much has changed from BW in BW2
More Timer0, breeding is bugged, and Entralink no longer uses delay. Other than that, it's pretty similar.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so I'm trying to RNG the Azelf on Route 23 and I'm a little bit confused as to what RNGReporter is telling me that I had hit. I know its a stationary pokemon and that there are NPCs (which usually advances the PIDRNG frame by 4 for me if I have to use Chatot [which i did]). Here's my parameters for the search:

http://i.imgur.com/eGFHx.png
http://i.imgur.com/MyqWY.png

I ended up getting a non-shiny terrible Azelf instead, so I plugged in my time into the Adjacent Seed Tool to compare results. The problem is, it says I hit frame 3 of a nearby Timer0, when I advanced the PIDRNG frame 67 times with Chatot alone. Here's my find:

http://i.imgur.com/3TfDv.png

Any idea what that means?
Adjacents are two frames behind. Enter min/max frame of 3 for now.

Yes, NPC movement depends on the frame when you exit the menu. You may have to play around with the advances to get it to work, and if you find that the frame is totally unhittable, you can re-save and try again so they start from different positions.
thx very much....got it... :D

O hi Hozu. So, basically I'm doing everything right, just need to hit the right Timer0 each time?

EDIT: So, NPCs in BW1 would advance the PIDRNG by about 4 if i need to use Chatot, is that going to be the same in BW2 or will I need to adjust how much I use Chatot?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
O hi Hozu. So, basically I'm doing everything right, just need to hit the right Timer0 each time?

EDIT: So, NPCs in BW1 would advance the PIDRNG by about 4 if i need to use Chatot, is that going to be the same in BW2 or will I need to adjust how much I use Chatot?
Depends on the area.

Hey guys, I'm not 100% sure if this is the right area to post this question, but here goes. I was using PPRNG 1.12.0 fine a couple of months ago. Today I tried to search for egg seeds and kept getting the error that it would produce over 10,000 results. I narrowed my search down as much as I could and kept getting this error. I switched over to the newest version of PPRNG and am still getting this error. I also tried using several different pokemon and different IVs.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks.

Agonist

Hey guys, I'm not 100% sure if this is the right area to post this question, but here goes. I was using PPRNG 1.12.0 fine a couple of months ago. Today I tried to search for egg seeds and kept getting the error that it would produce over 10,000 results. I narrowed my search down as much as I could and kept getting this error. I switched over to the newest version of PPRNG and am still getting this error. I also tried using several different pokemon and different IVs.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks.
What exactly are you searching for, and how wide is your date range?

How does this work now?
Like a standard seed, on IV Frame 25.

What exactly are you searching for, and how wide is your date range?
I'm searching for a Shiny, near flawless Eevee, with no held buttons. I've tried the date range at 1 year and 1 month and got the same result. When I try at one day it starts to search but then freezes. I used to be able to search for 2-3 years at a time with almost identical specifications.

I also tried with different IV values with a Growlithe I had. It gave me the same problem.

Oh I should also note this is for Pokemon White 1.

Agonist

I'm searching for a Shiny, near flawless Eevee, with no held buttons. I've tried the date range at 1 year and 1 month and got the same result. When I try at one day it starts to search but then freezes. I used to be able to search for 2-3 years at a time with almost identical specifications.

I also tried with different IV values with a Growlithe I had. It gave me the same problem.

Oh I should also note this is for Pokemon White 1.
hmm, I've never had that issue. Why don't you post your issue in the PPRNG thread, and see if Chiizu knows what the issue could be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)