5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

How do I get RNG Reporter to generate adjacent seeds that all have the same frame but different Timer0's? I'm trying to abuse for a flawless Genesect, but I can never find the IV spread I hit in the Adjacent Seed Tool because all the adjacent seeds with different Timer0's have different frames too.

How do I get RNG Reporter to generate adjacent seeds that all have the same frame but different Timer0's? I'm trying to abuse for a flawless Genesect, but I can never find the IV spread I hit in the Adjacent Seed Tool because all the adjacent seeds with different Timer0's have different frames too.

the different frame numbers are in relation to different starting seeds, if you need to do say 9 advances then they will all be 9 advances from your starting frame.

Hiya, needs some help with RNG shiny Kyurem.
I literally only started RNG like a week ago. I have already RNG perfect IVs for Reshiram and non-shiny Kyurem on my W2. Also I RNGed perfect Ivs on all my wondercards on W1/2.

I still haven't caught Kyurem on W1 so wanted to rng a perfect shiny one. I got my secret ID from pokecheck.
Right now I can get a shiny Kyurem and timid nature easily (synch).
However the IV are always different.

On time finder capsule tab I used Standard seed method.
My target frame for perfect IV is 91. My shiny frame is 255.
I then copied my seed onto the main reporter and calculated starting frame 50.
I confirmed the shiny by advancing 205 frames with chatots. However the IVs are not 31s. How do I make it both shiny and perfect Ivs?

Hiya, needs some help with RNG shiny Kyurem.
I literally only started RNG like a week ago. I have already RNG perfect IVs for Reshiram and non-shiny Kyurem on my W2. Also I RNGed perfect Ivs on all my wondercards on W1/2.

I still haven't caught Kyurem on W1 so wanted to rng a perfect shiny one. I got my secret ID from pokecheck.
Right now I can get a shiny Kyurem and timid nature easily (synch).
However the IV are always different.

On time finder capsule tab I used Standard seed method.
My target frame for perfect IV is 91. My shiny frame is 255.
I then copied my seed onto the main reporter and calculated starting frame 50.
I confirmed the shiny by advancing 205 frames with chatots. However the IVs are not 31s. How do I make it both shiny and perfect Ivs?
You have to hit your target IV frame, which is 91, as well as your PID frame. You can advance the IV frame by walking 128 steps; the frame will advance by however many Pokemon are in your party. However, since you're also aiming for a shiny, this won't work well because there are wild Pokemon in Kyurem's area, so the PID frame will advance with every step/turn.

I suggest going back to the time finder and finding a new seed with an IV frame of 1, so you won't have to take any steps. It might take a while to find a seed, just keep searching and you'll find one eventually.

I'm trying to RNG a Drillbur or Excadrill but they only appear in swirling dust spots. I've RNG'd a few wild pokemon that appear in the grass by using sweet scent and Elygem with synchronize and the correct nature.

Does walking in a cave advance the frame like walking in grass does? If it does, how am I supposed to RNG a Drillbur/Excadrill? I heard walking 320 (probably wrong) steps makes a dust spot appear, so how would that work with the seed?

You have to hit your target IV frame, which is 91, as well as your PID frame. You can advance the IV frame by walking 128 steps; the frame will advance by however many Pokemon are in your party. However, since you're also aiming for a shiny, this won't work well because there are wild Pokemon in Kyurem's area, so the PID frame will advance with every step/turn.

I suggest going back to the time finder and finding a new seed with an IV frame of 1, so you won't have to take any steps. It might take a while to find a seed, just keep searching and you'll find one eventually.
Oh I see. I remember a few days ago when I rng Reshiram - target frame was 6 so I had 5 pokemon and ran 128 steps. But with Victini I just used frame 1 as you said for IV. But you can use repels for wild pokemon.
I just got muddled up with IV frames and PID frames advancements lol. Alot of info to take up I guess.

Thanks for replying.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh I see. I remember a few days ago when I rng Reshiram - target frame was 6 so I had 5 pokemon and ran 128 steps. But with Victini I just used frame 1 as you said for IV. But you can use repels for wild pokemon.
I just got muddled up with IV frames and PID frames advancements lol. Alot of info to take up I guess.

Thanks for replying.
Even with Repel, walking still advances the PID frame. Additionally, even with 6 Pokémon in your party you would have to walk 1920 steps to advance to IV frame 91, which isn't really practical. In general, you should just stick to IV frame 1 because it makes everything a lot easier.
I'm trying to RNG a Drillbur or Excadrill but they only appear in swirling dust spots. I've RNG'd a few wild pokemon that appear in the grass by using sweet scent and Elygem with synchronize and the correct nature.

Does walking in a cave advance the frame like walking in grass does? If it does, how am I supposed to RNG a Drillbur/Excadrill? I heard walking 320 (probably wrong) steps makes a dust spot appear, so how would that work with the seed?
The game checks for dust spots every 20 steps, but doesn't always generate one. So you need to search for an IV frame above 1, and then either use Chatot pitches to find your new PID frame or do multiple attempts and adjust by trial and error (but make sure you walk and turn in exactly the same pattern every time).

Hi I am trying to RNG a perfect ditto in the great chasm on Black 2. Everything is going well except the encounter slots are not working correctly. I checked the encounter slots for Black 2 on RNG reporter and got on the PIDRNG frame with that encounter slot but when I sweet scent it ends up as some other pokemon. I have the right seed, right frame and PIDRNG frame with that encounter slot but i am not getting the pokemon from that encounter slot. Does anybody know what the problem might be? Thanks.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi I am trying to RNG a perfect ditto in the great chasm on Black 2. Everything is going well except the encounter slots are not working correctly. I checked the encounter slots for Black 2 on RNG reporter and got on the PIDRNG frame with that encounter slot but when I sweet scent it ends up as some other pokemon. I have the right seed, right frame and PIDRNG frame with that encounter slot but i am not getting the pokemon from that encounter slot. Does anybody know what the problem might be? Thanks.
Are you certain you hit the correct frame? Can you provide more details, such as the seed, what you were aiming for, and what you got?

Took a while to find a seed in 2011/2012.
I usually use one keypresses but had to use three! I got 2 results in July 2011 (I started game back in March 2011 so all good) both IV frame 1 (all 31s except attack) and shiny frame 97 and 222 with starting frame 41.
I just quickly tested the shiny seed 97 - 41 so 56 advances and it was shiny! But I killed it with a critital hit lol. Incase you ask, I don't have a high level false swipe pokemon atm.

Edit: I just caught shiny Kyurem in a premier ball, timid and all IVs 31 except attack.
Thanks to Princess of Johto

RNG Diagnostics

Hi guys, first time posting here. I have a question about using RNGReporter to spit out diagnostics. Essentially I'm trying to RNG Terrakion in Route 11, and I can't for the life of me ever hit my seed. Just last night I was able to RNG shiny Virizion. I clicked on the "Adjacent Seed Tool" to try and see the other seeds that I could be hitting instead - is this the right way to use the tool? Also any strategies on RNGing Terrakion would be helpful. I understand there's an NPC in the area, but I battled him previously and thought that he wouldn't be a problem. Thanks!

EDIT: ok caught shiny terrakion. I guess 3 button presses does the trick for me, though I did notice the first frame is definitely not the actual first frame. I would still like to know about RNG diagnostics though.

Does anyone have a list of which Hidden Grottos are which? When I go into RNG Reporter to try and get a Dragonite to spawn, I'm greeted with this. Also, what does the "Open Hollows" number mean and how does it affect my RNGing of the Hidden Grottos?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Perhaps you should take a look at my guide in my sig. I've made an effort to make things more clear as to what needs to be done.

guys im rnging for a growlithe at virbank complex(inside)........but i hit my seed and got a elekid with right ivs (all 31) and a jolly nature which matches the frame 420 (gender charachteristics) :O (im sweetscenting as soon as the season screen fades) and i rehit the seed again and did 1 chatot and got the same pokemon (exact same)....and tried again with 2 chatots and got a different pokemon with right ivs that match 1280 ...is there a bug in the encounter slots or something..???? please help...

I'm having some trouble trying to RNG the gift Eevee in Castelia City on my White 2.

I know I got the correct PID frame but Eevee wasn't shiny like RNG Reporter predicted. Do I need to find a spread that generates all male pokemon (like 50%M, 12.5%M, 25%M, 75%M) ?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
guys im rnging for a growlithe at virbank complex(inside)........but i hit my seed and got a elekid with right ivs (all 31) and a jolly nature which matches the frame 420 (gender charachteristics) :O (im sweetscenting as soon as the season screen fades) and i rehit the seed again and did 1 chatot and got the same pokemon (exact same)....and tried again with 2 chatots and got a different pokemon with right ivs that match 1280 ...is there a bug in the encounter slots or something..???? please help...
There's a slight problem with encounter slots where it can be off by 1 in a few cases. It'll be fixed in the next version.

I'm having some trouble trying to RNG the gift Eevee in Castelia City on my White 2.

I know I got the correct PID frame but Eevee wasn't shiny like RNG Reporter predicted. Do I need to find a spread that generates all male pokemon (like 50%M, 12.5%M, 25%M, 75%M) ?
I'm pretty sure there's a shiny lock on that Eevee. If not there's at least gender modifications meaning the PID prediction will be off. It'll probably be close to a Hidden Grotto generation. It's on the to research list.

hello, have been a long time lurker and I want to try to RNG a dreamyard latios

can I use the latios to calibrate my DS lite? or does it have to be somewhere with no moving NPCs?

also, is taking that one step to encounter lati@s the same as pressing A on a stationary legendary?

thanks~

can I use the latios to calibrate my DS lite? or does it have to be somewhere with no moving NPCs?

also, is taking that one step to encounter lati@s the same as pressing A on a stationary legendary?

thanks~
pid advancements doesnt affect parameter searching cuz all that matters are the ivs....so yeah....

thanks~
Yes you can, and yes it is, except you have a 1/128 chance of it trolling you by advancing your IV frame (but you can take a couple steps back and forth and resave if it does). NPCs don't matter for calibration.

Okay, so I'm running Windows XP. Is there a previous update to the RNG Reporter that supports BW2 in Pandora's box? I'd like to abuse for my TID/SID, but the current version I'm using (9.95) does not have BW2. If White and W2 would be the same for TID/SID, that wold be great. But I doubt that.

If its a no-go, would recording what I do when I start the game work to find my SID when the next Windows XP compatible version comes out? I'd like to at least be able to know what I got for an SID later, if I can't control it now.

when RNG'ing uxie in celestial tower in Black 2, do I need to take cloud movement into account? it looks very much like fog. usually for weather conditions, i set the month forward by one and encounter a wild poke - but there appear to be none on the top floor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)