5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Okay so after a lot of tmier0 trolling I finally got my perfect Genesect. I restarted my game to do the same and I noticed that there is one particular spread that shows up fairly often while my target one has yet to show up again. I think I screwed up my timer0 in my calibration, is there a way to use this Genesect spread to find a more common timer0 or do I just need to restart my calibration process?
If you know the timer0 for that spread you can look for another seed using this new timer0.

Dang, I guess I'll have to get what I can in the previous gen games in the meantime. Thanks for the reply.
You can install VirtualBox which simulates an operating system of your choice. The only thing you need then is a trial version of Windows 7 (which is offered by Microsoft itself). I already RNGed a nice shiny Heatran without having Windows 7 installed on my PC (but on my virtual machine).

By the way, I am resetting for Azelf, but it seems that I a) never hit my timer0 or b) can't find what frame I am on.
So, assuming my initial frame is 54, there are 2 NPCs that run around in a circle and there is one NPC that MAY turn around, but not move. If I get into my menu while (let's say) 3 steps are made by those NPCs. On which frame SHOULD I be?
Thanks in advance.
Edit: Never mind, got it. ^___^

Info for everyone who wants to RNG Azelf: The NPCs on the Route DON'T advance thid PID frame when going for Azelf. So just RNG like you would in a cave without any NPCs.

By the way, I am resetting for Azelf, but it seems that I a) never hit my timer0 or b) can't find what frame I am on.
So, assuming my initial frame is 54, there are 2 NPCs that run around in a circle and there is one NPC that MAY turn around, but not move. If I get into my menu while (let's say) 3 steps are made by those NPCs. On which frame SHOULD I be?
Thanks in advance.
Edit: Never mind, got it. ^___^

Info for everyone who wants to RNG Azelf: The NPCs on the Route DON'T advance thid PID frame when going for Azelf. So just RNG like you would in a cave without any NPCs.
The two running in a circle won't, since they're on a set path. The other one will if it decides to turn, though.

Guys a little tip.....some moving npcs like rebattleable npc in lostlorn forest, once you battle him he will still move....but if you lure him out of the spot he is standing he will come to you and stay still after battle....so might work on other npcs too which still move after battle if you lure them out of their usual spots.....

<INSERT profanity!>

This is becoming frustrating to no end. Scenario: turn on Nintendo DSi XL. Calibrate the first 10-15 Pokemon to establish what's my most common Timer0. Search the RNG Reporter, discover that IV are next to non-existent for the Timer0. Shiny is right out the window. I then pick a result to roll with. After 10 tries, I am still not hitting that Timer0.

My system has NO commonly occurring Timer0 value out of the 12 that have presented themselves.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So I'm looking up shiny wild capture spreads, and one of them displays a required lead that says "Cute Charm (50% female)". Does this Cute Charm Pokemon have to be a specific gender or what? Just have any Pokemon with the ability in the front? Also, if I choose to use this spread, when I go to find my starting PID frame, does the ability only affect gender or do other wacky things happen?

Just to be clear on this:

Will your calculated PIDRNG frame ALWAYS be the same once you figure out what it ACTUALLY is or will it fluctuate a bit? The reason I ask is because as I proceed to do the initial reset and figure out what frame I actually started with and then do the necessary adjustments for my frame advancements I sometimes am off by 1 frame. Should I just continue until I luck out and actually land on the "CORRECT" initial frame for my calculated advancements to get me to my target frame?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So I'm looking up shiny wild capture spreads, and one of them displays a required lead that says "Cute Charm (50% female)". Does this Cute Charm Pokemon have to be a specific gender or what? Just have any Pokemon with the ability in the front? Also, if I choose to use this spread, when I go to find my starting PID frame, does the ability only affect gender or do other wacky things happen?
That means that your target has to have a 50% male/50% female gender ratio, and the Cute Charm mon has to be the opposite gender of whatever is in the 50% column. It does affect other things, so make sure to set the main window to Cute Charm (where Synchronize is normally) when you check your frame.
Just to be clear on this:

Will your calculated PIDRNG frame ALWAYS be the same once you figure out what it ACTUALLY is or will it fluctuate a bit? The reason I ask is because as I proceed to do the initial reset and figure out what frame I actually started with and then do the necessary adjustments for my frame advancements I sometimes am off by 1 frame. Should I just continue until I luck out and actually land on the "CORRECT" initial frame for my calculated advancements to get me to my target frame?
NPCs can advance differently depending on where they were when you saved, and they can advance differently after leaving the menu depending on what frame you were on (either if you're using Sweet Scent or if something advances between when you close the menu and when you start the encounter). It may take some trial and error to get it right.

NPCs can advance differently depending on where they were when you saved, and they can advance differently after leaving the menu depending on what frame you were on (either if you're using Sweet Scent or if something advances between when you close the menu and when you start the encounter). It may take some trial and error to get it right.
I see...well I'm doing it fro breeding so there is some time between closing the menu and talking to the old man after doing the Chatot advances. Well I've tried to no avail once again but will re-saving to change the position of the NPC's do me any good?

I see...well I'm doing it fro breeding so there is some time between closing the menu and talking to the old man after doing the Chatot advances. Well I've tried to no avail once again but will re-saving to change the position of the NPC's do me any good?
Yes. I've had the same issue a couple times and re-saving always did the trick.

Another trick that can help stabilize your final frame is to keep an eye on where the Pokemon playing behind the fence stop when you talk to the old man. If you can keep that consistent, your frame should do the same more often than not.

Yes. I've had the same issue a couple times and re-saving always did the trick.

Another trick that can help stabilize your final frame is to keep an eye on where the Pokemon playing behind the fence stop when you talk to the old man. If you can keep that consistent, your frame should do the same more often than not.
Alright awesome thanks. At least I know I'm going down the right path with this. Your help is very much appreciated.

It finally happened!

I hit my Timer0 correct! The issue is the WNPC's in the area that I am in. All my base tests jump my initial PID frame ahead +9. On this particular time, it was +11 ahead. This jump me past my correct Encounter Slot/Ability/Nature combo.

Is there a way in RNG Reporter to set it to ignore the the first X PID Frames?

It finally happened!

I hit my Timer0 correct! The issue is the WNPC's in the area that I am in. All my base tests jump my initial PID frame ahead +9. On this particular time, it was +11 ahead. This jump me past my correct Encounter Slot/Ability/Nature combo.

Is there a way in RNG Reporter to set it to ignore the the first X PID Frames?
Actually, no. You'll have to hit your seed twice--first, to find out the PID advancement, second to actually capture your Pokemon.

Actually, no. You'll have to hit your seed twice--first, to find out the PID advancement, second to actually capture your Pokemon.
I was starting to think that. *sigh*

Still I am *bleepin'* ecstatic to know that this is actually possible! I cannot get a hold of a replacement BW1 cartridge.

hi sorry but im having trouble rnging my wondercard genesect. First of all i calibrated over 10 times and found i have at least 4 timer0 values, none of which come out more than the other. So i found a seed for flawless hasty genesect when i used the timefinder, saying 119 frames. When i searched i used min 55 advances and max 65 advances. So after entering the seed in rng reporter, pressing the calculate initial pidrng frame, it said 117 frames, and the starting frame is 54. I assume from the previous posts i read that i should use 117 frames. So if i were to use 117 frames, i would have to make 63 advances with chatot right? So all i would have to do would be to start the game at the specified time, start my save file, and assuming i saved in front of the delivery man in castelia city, open up the menu, flip between the chatots 63 times and talk to him? Could someone tell me if what im doing is right or wrong cause i've been doing it many times and cant seem to get the genesect i want.

hi sorry but im having trouble rnging my wondercard genesect. First of all i calibrated over 10 times and found i have at least 4 timer0 values, none of which come out more than the other. So i found a seed for flawless hasty genesect when i used the timefinder, saying 119 frames. When i searched i used min 55 advances and max 65 advances. So after entering the seed in rng reporter, pressing the calculate initial pidrng frame, it said 117 frames, and the starting frame is 54. I assume from the previous posts i read that i should use 117 frames. So if i were to use 117 frames, i would have to make 63 advances with chatot right? So all i would have to do would be to start the game at the specified time, start my save file, and assuming i saved in front of the delivery man in castelia city, open up the menu, flip between the chatots 63 times and talk to him? Could someone tell me if what im doing is right or wrong cause i've been doing it many times and cant seem to get the genesect i want.
Minus the fact that your Timer0 may range between 10-20 different values, everything else sounds about perfect. I am having fun with this as well. Finally after two weeks hit my first target frame but have yet to hit a second time to get the correct PID frame.

Minus the fact that your Timer0 may range between 10-20 different values, everything else sounds about perfect. I am having fun with this as well. Finally after two weeks hit my first target frame but have yet to hit a second time to get the correct PID frame.
Well, it depends on your system. I've found 5 on my DS lite, but I've most commonly hit 3 of them and I found it's not that random. I've been able to mostly hit one based by listening to the second ticks on my DS and then pressing A either at the same time as the tick, a little delay, or after the tick ends.

Also, the Wondercard PIDRNG is off, as I found out when I was RNGing Genesect. Take a look at the the Chatot Pitch pattern. They should all start the same regardless of what RNG method you're using (this is not including WNPC). The initial PIDRNG should be 2 less, though, that's probably more of a glitch in the program atm.

I would also recommend trying to listen to the pitch of Chatot for the first few frames to see if you hit the seed rather than wasting time flipping. If you find it hard to distinguish the sounds, just use the Low and High pitches as markers of whether or not you hit the seed (meaning if the seed calls for a Low pitch with +5 and then +10 advancements, listen for the Low pitch as you flip at those advancement marks).

sorry what do you mean listening to the pitch of chatot? you mean with the sound i recorded? cause the sound i recorded is just a quick sound. i dont really get how to listen to the pitch.

sorry what do you mean listening to the pitch of chatot? you mean with the sound i recorded? cause the sound i recorded is just a quick sound. i dont really get how to listen to the pitch.
The pitch's have different levels. the ones that are very easy to tell are the HIGH and LOW pitch's. Just turn your DS volume all the way up and listen as you flip through your Chatot's. You will notice a difference in the TONE of Chatot's cry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)