5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Online with my phone at the moment so i cant give you that information right now... I will post it tomorrow :)
i tried to look at the adjacent seeds but i couldnt figure out how those can help me...
Well i guess i did hit my seed but i just dont get why it doesnt work with the iv's :/

What was it?

Online with my phone at the moment so i cant give you that information right now... I will post it tomorrow :)
i tried to look at the adjacent seeds but i couldnt figure out how those can help me...
Well i guess i did hit my seed but i just dont get why it doesnt work with the iv's :/
Did you search only on IV Frame 1 in Time Finder?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
When you searched in Time Finder, did you use IVs (standard seed) or PIDRNG? If you chose the latter, that only allows you to RNG the PID. If you want both, you need to search IVs and check the nearby shiny box.

I'm currently trying to go for a perfect IVs shiny Joltik in Chargestone Cave in White, and I've tried a few times and it is shiny, but it doesn't have the IVs I want. What could I be doing wrong?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
I'm currently trying to go for a perfect IVs shiny Joltik in Chargestone Cave in White, and I've tried a few times and it is shiny, but it doesn't have the IVs I want. What could I be doing wrong?
I'm guessing you're using an IV frame other than one?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
that's because shiny seeds with flawless IVs everywhere are not as common; increase the number of keep presses and keep looking on different dates. You can also increase the number of advancements.

If I RNG my ID/SID with wild pokémon as the encounter type, would the seed and frame generated work for starters and stationaries?

that's because shiny seeds with flawless IVs everywhere are not as common; increase the number of keep presses and keep looking on different dates. You can also increase the number of advancements.
To clarify on that last part, you should only be increasing the Shiny advancements over on the right of Time Finder (where the check box is for finding a nearby shiny--it only shows up when that box is checked). Unless you want to be flailing around all day getting nothing and pestering us with needless questions, you need to keep the Min/Max IV frame to 1.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
when RNGing eggs, is the starting frame always 8 or do u need to calc the starting frame as with the PIDRNG button?
No. The IV frame starts at 8, but Reporter handles that for you so you don't need to worry about it. The PID frame starts on ~40-60 just like with any other RNG.
If I RNG my ID/SID with wild pokémon as the encounter type, would the seed and frame generated work for starters and stationaries?
Potentially, but most likely with a different nature. Really, there's basically no point in RNGing your ID/SID for a particular spread anyway, you should be able to find any shiny spread within a couple of years at worst (except for starters, because at that point in the game you have no way to calculate a non-RNG'd SID).

ummm does the gen 5 tid/sid rng abuse work for shinies? i managed to hit my seed and advanced the frame the required amount, i did hit the frame i got the tid that i was supposed to get after doing so but the pokemon wasn't shiny while it said the starter was true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)