5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

As for wandering NPCs, they don't mess with your IV frame so they shouldn't be hurting anything. It really sounds like you've input something incorrectly.

You can do parameters anywhere, really, as long as you have a reliable way of checking IVs.

If you PM Me your info and the IVs of a caught Pokemon I can try to see if I can find your parameters for you.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Curious: is anything other than chances of Shininess affected by trading an egg to another game before hatching it? (Its just a personal quirk but I would prefer to hatch everything I can on the game that I will be bringing to VGC.)
OT and ID/SID (and shininess, by extension) are determined when it hatches, everything else is determined when the egg is first received.

As for wandering NPCs, they don't mess with your IV frame so they shouldn't be hurting anything. It really sounds like you've input something incorrectly.

You can do parameters anywhere, really, as long as you have a reliable way of checking IVs.

If you PM Me your info and the IVs of a caught Pokemon I can try to see if I can find your parameters for you.
Yeah input error, happen to be hitting a second before my target....Thanks for the help.

OT and ID/SID (and shininess, by extension) are determined when it hatches, everything else is determined when the egg is first received.
So, as long as I have entered the ID/SID of game that I want it hatched on on the RNG Reporter (leaving everything else to the data relevant to the game it will be RNG'd on) it will be shiny if that's my aim. That's all I needed to confirm.

I need some help please, I'm very familiar with rng. For black/white when I tried to hit a right seed, I presed A in the ds screen. But I'm tring to rng in a R4 (3ds R4iGold) to enter the game in the R4 I must wait 4 seconds (a loading screen appears) then the game runs (the white screen, nintendo logo, etc.) And for that reason I cannot do the calibration for that game (that loading screen before runing the game screws all) any advice? or ti's implosible rng in a R4iGold

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, as long as I have entered the ID/SID of game that I want it hatched on on the RNG Reporter (leaving everything else to the data relevant to the game it will be RNG'd on) it will be shiny if that's my aim. That's all I needed to confirm.
The only other consideration is that you can't use international parents or the shiny charm - since the PID rerolls are checked against the ID/SID of the game you receive the egg on, it won't work properly if you trade it.
I need some help please, I'm very familiar with rng. For black/white when I tried to hit a right seed, I presed A in the ds screen. But I'm tring to rng in a R4 (3ds R4iGold) to enter the game in the R4 I must wait 4 seconds (a loading screen appears) then the game runs (the white screen, nintendo logo, etc.) And for that reason I cannot do the calibration for that game (that loading screen before runing the game screws all) any advice? or ti's implosible rng in a R4iGold
See this post from the previous page.

Is the Eevee you get from Amanita unable to be shiny? RNG'd it and it wasn't shiny

So I guess the Deerling, Jellicent, other DW gifts/interactables can't be shiny either?

Is the Eevee you get from Amanita unable to be shiny? RNG'd it and it wasn't shiny

So I guess the Deerling, Jellicent, other DW gifts/interactables can't be shiny either?
The stationary DW Mandibuzz, Braviary, Musharna and Darmanitan are the only DW Pokemon that can be captured shiny, all others have a shiny lock on them.

No it doesn't. All it does is add to your actual seconds and how early you have to start the game. As long as it stays consistent (and it should until you update something) there's no reason you can't take it into account when calibrating and RNG abusing. You said you were already very familiar with RNG, so you should already be fully aware of this.

It's the other problems in the quote voodoo pimp linked to that'll get you.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
But AllyKat also said (s)he was on Windows, so that wouldn't help when RNG Reporter doesn't have the capability for Dream Radar RNG yet.
I know that. The help intended would be me searching for the seed and comparing results on my side. That's why I said if (s)he would get on #smogonwifi.

everything stays the same, Timer0 included
I have another question then, one of moral issue... I was planing on starting a new game, and RNGing all the legends again (to use different sets/natures etc). But since the parameters stay the same, then the seeds I used would give me pokemon with the same PIDs (because I RNGed all the legeds as shiny), so are two pokemon with the same PID (but different OT/ID/SID/Nature) considered illegitimate (like on a same team etc, because I assume such a thing shouldn't exist)? If so I will have trouble finding new seeds, because i've used all the good ones (and I don't really feel like doing seeds with 3 impossible keypresses). What would be your views on this?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I have another question then, one of moral issue... I was planing on starting a new game, and RNGing all the legends again (to use different sets/natures etc). But since the parameters stay the same, then the seeds I used would give me pokemon with the same PIDs (because I RNGed all the legeds as shiny), so are two pokemon with the same PID (but different OT/ID/SID/Nature) considered illegitimate (like on a same team etc, because I assume such a thing shouldn't exist)? If so I will have trouble finding new seeds, because i've used all the good ones (and I don't really feel like doing seeds with 3 impossible keypresses). What would be your views on this?
I would say that everyone who RNGs has used the same seed for various pokemon at least once; there's nothing wrong with that.

I would say that everyone who RNGs has used the same seed for various pokemon at least once; there's nothing wrong with that.

I have been avoiding that, because I wanted my shiny legends to be unique. But as I said I'm running out of seeds, I still need to do Latios and Azelf and I only have one good seed (31/x/31/31/31/31), and even that one requires two keypresses :/ Guess I'll have to re-use some of the seeds, or go deep into the future (years 2015 and onward)

Ohh I guess I just answered my own question, if the parameters stay the same but my ID/SID changes, then the shiny legends would be on different frames within the same seeds that I use now, and therefor different PIDs (hopefully still a synchronize frame)

How do I handle multiple WNPCs at RNGing? After a while I can handle how one WNPC moves, but three or even four o.O

From my experience they advance the frame to a same state each time you hit your seed... Though I could be wrong, I had no problem using it on Uxie (am guessing there are a lot of wandering NPCs in Nacrene)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)