5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Any tips on RNGing a shiny Uxie? I would go as far as saying its the hardest RNG of my life... I even found a seed with a low shiny frame, if it weren't for the WNPCs I'd have to advance the frame by 19... But they keep shifting it in 50 different ways -.- And not to mention its hard to hit the seed (Down + B)... I hit it about 1 in 4 times

I'm tring to see my seed on a emulator, anybody knows if there is a SeedWatchRNGGen5.wch, also anybody knows in wchi position of the arm9 appears the seed and the frame?

Does the version matter when searching for shinies, or just the TID/SID? Since I can't RNG on w2, would using my w2's TID/SID let me RNG breed something on white that I could hatch shiny on w2?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Does the version matter when searching for shinies, or just the TID/SID? Since I can't RNG on w2, would using my w2's TID/SID let me RNG breed something on white that I could hatch shiny on w2?
you can do that sure, just make sure you don't use international parents

Ok, so thanks to all the people above that set me on the right path to getting RNG to work.

I'm stuck at a part, got pictures this time.

Okay so here's exactly what I did;

Opened Rng Reporter 9.96.5 Beta.
Click the "Ds Parameter Search" button.
Put in my R4 (Does RNG work with roms? Or am I out of luck?)
Started up Pokemon white 2.
While in the menu I waited until my computer clock (synced with Ds clock) said 18h 22m 00sec, then I proceed to click "continue" in my game.
I saved my character at the top of the stairs in the sewers. (No Npc is around or moving on screen, so I assumed this would work).
I use sweet scent.
I get into a battle with a level 15 zubat.
I throw a master ball and catch it.
As fast as possible I run to the nearest Pokemon center, and get onto the GTS, and use pokecheck to see it's Ivs.
I input the Ivs. (Can someone check if I imputed them correctly, in the guide the picture shows the min and max Iv tables are different, but mine were the same)
I then shut the power off, and noted the time was 18h 28m 05sec.
After I put in the rest of the info (As seen in picture above) I proceeded to hit the "Search" button, but did not get a seed.

I am using this guide: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part1

Thanks again!

Most likely it's saying it's invalid because you entered something incorrectly. Can you post a screenshot of how you were trying to set up your profile?

It's possible you selected the wrong method, or aren't actually hitting the right PID frame. Can you post a screenshot of the main window?

Sure. I'm trying to hit frame 87. I confirmed my encounter slot, ability, characteristic, and gender, but the nature remains Bold for some reason.

Very likely that you are. The R4 passes data to the DS differently than the actual cartridges. Same issue with anyone trying to RNG with an Action Replay attached to their games. If some how you can pull it off, good on you.

Because breeding Pokemon to hatch shiny on another game doesn't work with international parents.
Is that the only thing that changes to the PID when trading over an egg to hatch? The only way the International Parent factor could be an issue is if the PID changes in some way when the Egg is transferred.

Nobody wants to help someone who ignores the help that's already given to them. voodoo pimp already told you about the issue with international parents directly the last time you asked about it.

Okay so here's exactly what I did;

Opened Rng Reporter 9.96.5 Beta.
Click the "Ds Parameter Search" button.
Started up Pokemon white 2.
While in the menu I waited until my computer clock (synced with Ds clock) said 18h 22m 00sec, then I proceed to click "continue" in my game.
I saved my character at the top of the stairs in the sewers. (No Npc is around or moving on screen, so I assumed this would work).
I use sweet scent.
I get into a battle with a level 15 zubat.
I throw a master ball and catch it.
As fast as possible I run to the nearest Pokemon center, and get onto the GTS, and use pokecheck to see it's Ivs.
I input the Ivs. (Can someone check if I imputed them correctly, in the guide the picture shows the min and max Iv tables are different, but mine were the same)
I then shut the power off, and noted the time was 18h 28m 05sec.
After I put in the rest of the info (As seen in picture above) I proceeded to hit the "Search" button, but did not get a seed.

I am using this guide: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part1

Thanks again!
Using an R4 still works, but the parameters will be different, so you'll need to increase your search ranges. Also, the time you use is when you start the game from the DS/flashcart menu, not when you press Continue or turn off the game.

Hey, your Synchronize field on the left hand side is blank. You need to fill that in. How are you confirming that you are hitting the right Timer0 & Seed?
It doesn't matter, since all natures in bold are synchronizable. And i checked the characteristics--ability, gender, encounter slot, etc. I confirmed ivs using the guy at nimbasa station.

It doesn't matter, since all natures in bold are synchronizable. And i checked the characteristics--ability, gender, encounter slot, etc. I confirmed ivs using the guy at nimbasa station.
Ignore that user. From his/her posts in this thread I'm pretty sure (s)he's either clueless or trolling.

As for your issue, somebody else had the same problem a few pages back, and it looks like RNG Reporter's Synchronize calculation is off a bit, so you might have hit one of those frames that it gets wrong.

Ignore that user. From his/her posts in this thread I'm pretty sure (s)he's either clueless or trolling.

As for your issue, somebody else had the same problem a few pages back, and it looks like RNG Reporter's Synchronize calculation is off a bit, so you might have hit one of those frames that it gets wrong.
Alright, thank you! looks like i got trolled badly...

Thanks kiddy. The truth is that over the last few point versions I have seen some glitches in RNG Reporter's access to .NET Framework on Windows 7 systems. I would not recommend leaving any fields blank if you are using a 64-Bit Windows 7 based system. Of course, you can listen to kiddy and their extensive background in software development.

Oh really? Incredible advice.

Nobody wants to help someone who ignores the help that's already given to them. voodoo pimp already told you about the issue with international parents directly the last time you asked about it.
Seriously? Kiddy, you must so obviously be referring to the following inquiry:

Can eggs be traded over WiFi to Pad Pals? (Just double checking.)

Thanks kiddy. The truth is that over the last few point versions I have seen some glitches in RNG Reporter's access to .NET Framework on Windows 7 systems. I would not recommend leaving any fields blank if you are using a 64-Bit Windows 7 based system. Of course, you can listen to kiddy and their extensive background in software development.
Way to keep missing the point.

Seriously? Kiddy, you must so obviously be referring to the following inquiry:
Wrong again, kitty.

I have not been missing the point. I run .NET Framework in debug mode. I get alerts from RNG Reporter periodically.

I honestly forgot the mention of the international parents because it was a side note to my original question. Now that I am seeing it repeating, I am asking the logical question of: why? (Which you could pose to either voodoo_pimp or to Cereza) Either which way, it on its own is a question that has not been answered for me.

I will reword this again so that I can hopefully end up with an answer:
What values are changed to the PID by trading an Egg to another cartridge?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have not been missing the point. I run .NET Framework in debug mode. I get alerts from RNG Reporter periodically.

I honestly forgot the mention of the international parents because it was a side note to my original question. Now that I am seeing it repeating, I am asking the logical question of: why? (Which you could pose to either voodoo_pimp or to Cereza) Either which way, it on its own is a question that has not been answered for me.

All that matters is that is doesn't work. End of story.

Hey, your Synchronize field on the left hand side is blank. You need to fill that in.
It doesn't matter, since all natures in bold are synchronizable.
*shows up as bolded whether the Synchronizer field is filled or not*
Thanks kiddy. The truth is that over the last few point versions I have seen some glitches in RNG Reporter's access to .NET Framework on Windows 7 systems. I would not recommend leaving any fields blank if you are using a 64-Bit Windows 7 based system.
Yes, you have.

The only other consideration is that you can't use international parents or the shiny charm - since the PID rerolls are checked against the ID/SID of the game you receive the egg on, it won't work properly if you trade it.

Is there any easy way to rng Uxie what with all the wnpcs? What's a good frame for it to be on? I have a go-to flawless synchronizable shiny frame that's like 135 frames in, starting at like 45 frames. How many Chatots would you recommend in the meantime?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
For Uxie, it is probably easiest just to lead with your Synchronizer and hope you land on a Synch frame. You have ~50% chance of getting the right nature which saves you a lot of time spent trying to calibrate with so many WNPCs.

ETA: After reading The Agonist's post, I think I misinterpreted what you were asking...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Is there any easy way to rng Uxie what with all the wnpcs? What's a good frame for it to be on? I have a go-to flawless synchronizable shiny frame that's like 135 frames in, starting at like 45 frames. How many Chatots would you recommend in the meantime?
there are seven WNPCs in Nacrene, so it'll advance very rapidly. I'd probably use a seed with a shiny frame around 200-250, just to give yourself a bit of room.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Trading doesn't change anything. But the game checks whether to generate extra PIDs based on the ID/SID of the game you generate the egg on, so if the ID/SID in RNG Reporter are different then it might generate a different number of extra PIDs.

I think it might work if you hit the last shiny frame in the cluster, but then you're getting no additional benefit anyway so there's no point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)