5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So I managed to RNG a shiny timid flawless deino hatchling. However, its hidden power turned out to be ghost instead of dragon. Not that it matters but doesn't this mean that the time finder miscalculated something? Plus, I believe I hit my seed but got this IV range 31/24/31/31/30/31 instead of this one 31/24/31/31/31/31. Again it doesn't make a difference but... Is there some problem with my version (latest btw) or could I have made a mistake?

If you read the following posts, you'll see that we already figured that out. I'm pretty sure it's because our games are acting like we've already done Memory Link even though we haven't, as I later tried to abuse on a seed with a listed initial frame of 55, but found that I was somehow actually starting on frame 43, which was the initial frame after Memory Link.
That's strange, when I calculate the seed C643C8E32E33C473, the Initial PIDRNG Frame is always 56, even with the memory link box checked. Even so, it's strange that it's treated like you have used memory link on your games, I haven't had this occur personally yet, so it's likely something specific to your games.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So I managed to RNG a shiny timid flawless deino hatchling. However, its hidden power turned out to be ghost instead of dragon. Not that it matters but doesn't this mean that the time finder miscalculated something? Plus, I believe I hit my seed but got this IV range 31/24/31/31/30/31 instead of this one 31/24/31/31/31/31. Again it doesn't make a difference but... Is there some problem with my version (latest btw) or could I have made a mistake?
Did you input the correct IVs for the parents?

Does anyone know where I can find a guide for RNGing pokemon found in ruslting grass or swirling dust. I want to RNG a flawless drilbur/excadrill.

That's strange, when I calculate the seed C643C8E32E33C473, the Initial PIDRNG Frame is always 56, even with the memory link box checked. Even so, it's strange that it's treated like you have used memory link on your games, I haven't had this occur personally yet, so it's likely something specific to your games.
Actually, I wasn't referring to the initial frame offsets on that, but to the extra PID advancement that supposedly vanishes after Memory Linking, which'd explain the results funeral_cake and I were getting. That other seed (which was a different seed, of course) having the very different initial frame is just what confirmed it for me. Most seeds I've run show the same initial frame either way, but that one didn't, and is what tipped me off to check.

I have two games. It happens on both. Neither have even connected to a BW1 game through Union Room, nor Dream World. They haven't even connected to each other. Either something very weird is going on, or there's more to the RNG on this than has been discovered thus far.

If you read the following posts, you'll see that we already figured that out. I'm pretty sure it's because our games are acting like we've already done Memory Link even though we haven't, as I later tried to abuse on a seed with a listed initial frame of 55, but found that I was somehow actually starting on frame 43, which was the initial frame after Memory Link.
Just as a follow-up to this, I had the same issue when I was RNGing a Magnemite. I can't remember the exact details, but it definitely seemed as if the game was acting like I had memory linked, though I wasn't sure if it was due to the moving NPCs in the area. At the time I figured it was because I had given myself the challenge key, which acted like memory link, but that doesn't explain why you are having the same issues.

I was able to RNG the kami trio as well (though I massively screwed up on Tornadus by miscounting the times I had to spin...) and they all acted like I had done memory link, too. Very interesting indeed. Now to see what happens in my B2 game where I've actually done the memory link...

Interesting. It seems that you CAN use Sweet Scent in the Giant Chasm - Plains area. It doesn't get rid of the fog unfortunately, but while Team Plasma is there with the frigate, you can use Sweet Scent. So, unfortunately, for those that want to RNG after the fact, there doesn't seem to be any way around it. I tested it a few times to make sure I wasn't doing something weird.

Does adding Challenge Mode to White 2 change your parameters at all or cause your frames to change?
Well, when I activated Challenge Mode in Black 2, it seems that my Timer0 shifted. I don't know exactly what it is, but where on the milliseconds I would hit to get a specific timer0 felt different than what it was before. I still get a Timer0 in the range of 1103 - 1107, but certain Timer0s become more common (particularly 1103).

Regarding NPCs that advance frames. Does this only refer to NPCs that 'walk', or is 'turning in place' able to advance frames as well?

So what's a good minimum level (or area in white 2) to try to find your parameters with?
I use the last cave room in Victory Road. If you're trying to do it very early in the game, you could catch a bunch of Pokémon and send them to Pokecheck to find their IVs.

Do keypresses help maintain the timer0? I am trying to RNG a flawless timid reshiram on a DSi (White2) with no results so far.

Hi guys, I'm trying to adapt BW2 Entralink RNG for use in RNGReporter. I'm quite confused as to where to start because Entralink RNG no longer uses C-Gear Seeds. How do I go about finding my seed and the timing associated with it?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You RNG IVs for Hidden Grotto Pokémon the same was as a stationary Pokémon/wild Pokémon. The only things that are set when they initially appear in the hollow are species and gender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)