5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Do the NPCs on marvelous bridge advance the PID frame?
I don't think they move at all, so they're not wandering NPCs.

Though I don't know if the PIDs advance if you move there, because of the birds' shadows appearing sometimes, just like swirling dust.

How can you stop the WNPC from moving every time you hard reset the game? I am trying to RNG latios in dreamyard but even if I battle the WNPC, he does not remain stationary when I hard reset the game. Walking 1 step does not advance the IV frame, does it?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How can you stop the WNPC from moving every time you hard reset the game? I am trying to RNG latios in dreamyard but even if I battle the WNPC, he does not remain stationary when I hard reset the game. Walking 1 step does not advance the IV frame, does it?
You need to get the boy to move from the tile he's standing on. And no, walking one step does not advance the IV frame.

You need to get the boy to move from the tile he's standing on. And no, walking one step does not advance the IV frame.
So I am supposed to let him move to a different tile and then battle him. Will he still be stationary if I hard-reset? I need to be certain because I get only one shot.

Agonist

So I am supposed to let him move to a different tile and then battle him. Will he still be stationary if I hard-reset? I need to be certain because I get only one shot.
Yes, if you make him move from the tile he's standing on, save, then hard-reset, he will still be considered stationary. He will remain like that until you leave the Dreamyard (so if there are any other captures you want to do in there, you should do them at the same time).

Yes, if you make him move from the tile he's standing on, save, then hard-reset, he will still be considered stationary. He will remain like that until you leave the Dreamyard (so if there are any other captures you want to do in there, you should do them at the same time).
Just want to clarify one thing. Can I do it without having to battle him?

Thanks a lot, Agonist.

Is it possible to enter a seed in time finder instead of having to search for one? If it is, I would like the seed you used to get that shiny flawless heatran of yours, Agonist.

Agonist

Just want to clarify one thing. Can I do it without having to battle him?
No, you have to battle him.

Is it possible to enter a seed in time finder instead of having to search for one? If it is, I would like the seed you used to get that shiny flawless heatran of yours, Agonist.
My seeds won't work for your game unless you happen to have the same DS model, same TID/SID, same mac address, and the same parameters. So you'll have to find your own seed, unfortunately.

No, you have to battle him.

My seeds won't work for your game unless you happen to have the same DS model, same TID/SID, same mac address, and the same parameters. So you'll have to find your own seed, unfortunately.
I hope I am not pestering you but is this the process:
1. Have kid move to a different tile when I see him.
2. Battle him immediately.
3. Save after battle.
4. Get ready to RNG latios.

Agonist

I hope I am not pestering you but is this the process:
1. Have kid move to a different tile when I see him.
2. Battle him immediately.
3. Save after battle.
4. Get ready to RNG latios.
Precisely. Make sure you have everything you need before you battle him, because otherwise, you'll have to leave, and he won't be battleable.

Agonist

I can a get a flawless roamer without SID abuse but what about the nature of the roamer?
either just SR until you get the nature you like, or figure out what frame you're hitting, and try to hit a desired frame using chatters.

I want to SID abuse to get a shiny flawless starter. I opened up Pandora's box. There are a few things that I do not understand. If I want to search by seeds I have to input the target IV frame for the seed I want to hit. Do they mean the PID frame for PID or something else? I input 155 for PID, pasted in the seed and input 1 for IV frame but I got false for every starter. If I get true then I am just supposed to hit the correct time/date and presses, right? In the SID/ID abuse guide by kaphotics it says I can advance my frame by saying no when Juniper asks what my name is. Does kaphotics mean the PID frame or IV frame? As you can see, I am pretty confused here and would love any help.

Hi all. I am trying to learn how to RNG Dream Radar Pokémon and am having some difficulty with the calibration phase. I am using PPRNG 1.14.4 and have found that my 3DS is about 8 seconds faster than my Mac's clock. I have successfully used the Unova Link method for finding my DS Lite's parameters on White 2 so maybe there is something I don't understand about the 3DS? I've read the tutorials along with some posts on Chiizu's PPRNG thread but I haven't come across any post with a similar problem so I thought I'd post here. Below is the (small) sample list of results I got last night.

Result: 23:32:47 (aiming for 23:32:40) Timer0: 1669 VCount: AC VFrame: 8

Result: 23:32:37 (aiming for 23:32:40) Timer0: 1669 VCount: AC VFrame: 5 wrong date
Result: 23:32:48 (aiming for 23:32:40) Timer0: 1669 VCount: AC VFrame: 5 wrong date
The two examples above are the result of one test which had the wrong date entered into PPRNG's parameter searcher because I left for a while and forgot when I began again that the clock had probably rolled over to the next day.

back on track
Result: 23:32:44 (aiming for 23:32:40) Timer0: 1749 VCount: A7 VFrame: 6

Result: 00:21:48 (aiming for 00:21:40) Timer0: 1671 VCount AC VFrame: 8

Result: 00:25:41 (aiming for 00:25:40; pressed ‘A’ on 00:25:33) Timer0 1671 VCount: AC VFrame 8

Result: 00:30:41 (aiming for 00:30:40; pressed ‘A’ on 00:30:32) Timer0: 1668 VCount: AC VFrame: 8

Result: 00:34:40 (aiming for 00:34:40; pressed ‘A’ on 00:34:32) Timer0: 1669 VCount: AC VFrame: 8

Result: 00:38:40 (aiming for 00:38:40; pressed ‘A’ on 00:38:32) Timer0: 1676 VCount AD Vframe: 8

Result: 00:42:40 (aiming for 00:42:40; pressed ‘A’ on 00:42:32) Timer0: 1672 VCount: AC VFrame: 8

I found that by pressing A 8 seconds before my target then I would hit the 40 second mark I entered into PPRNG's 3DS parameter searcher. I realize that I probably need to calibrate further so that I have a larger sample of what is possible for me to hit. I was just wondering if the 8 second difference between clocks I am experiencing is common or if there is any advice anyone can offer. As always, thanks in advance.

Agonist

It has a 1/128 chance to advance the IV frame under normal circumstances.
The context of the question was if walking the one step to trigger the Lati@s encounter would advance the IVRNG. And if you just hard-reset, no it wouldn't.

I tried RNGing for a shiny flawless starter but it seems I have done something wrong. The thing is I don't what exactly as the starter had the correct IVs, correct nature and gender. I am sure I hit my target seed and did the correct advancements otherwise the nature would have been wrong. I would like to know what I forgot to do. Thanks in advance.

regarding shiny wild pokemon encounters:

i did a search which returned:
seed = 60B5CE6A74C3C0C5
frame = 6
required lead = cute charm (25% m)
shiny frame = 391
nature = impish

firstly, do i need a 25% male cute charm mon (that is actually male) and be battling a 25% female mon (that is actually female), or vice-versa, or some other combination?

secondly, do i then:

1. walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon to hit frame 6
2. calculate my initial pidrng frame
3. chatot until i reach 391
4. sweet scent
5. battle a flawless shiny impish mon
?

i searched the gen 5 pidrng on that seed and frame 391 is gentle and not marked as shiny. does the cute charm lead overwrite this somehow, or am i missing something?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
regarding shiny wild pokemon encounters:

i did a search which returned:
seed = 60B5CE6A74C3C0C5
frame = 6
required lead = cute charm (25% m)
shiny frame = 391
nature = impish

firstly, do i need a 25% male cute charm mon (that is actually male) and be battling a 25% female mon (that is actually female), or vice-versa, or some other combination?

secondly, do i then:

1. walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon to hit frame 6
2. calculate my initial pidrng frame
3. chatot until i reach 391
4. sweet scent
5. battle a flawless shiny impish mon
?

i searched the gen 5 pidrng on that seed and frame 391 is gentle and not marked as shiny. does the cute charm lead overwrite this somehow, or am i missing something?
You need to be battling a Pokémon with a 25% male/75% female gender ratio, and you need your CC user to be the opposite of whatever gender was listed in the 25% male column in Time Finder.

Cute Charm does change the PIDRNG, you need to set the lead to Cute Charm in the main window and set the proper gender ratio if you want to view the frames.

Also, I suggest searching for a frame 1 spread instead, it'll make everything a lot easier.

You need to be battling a Pokémon with a 25% male/75% female gender ratio, and you need your CC user to be the opposite of whatever gender was listed in the 25% male column in Time Finder.
okay. so it does not matter whether the 25%M/75%F pokemon is actually a male or female, providing it complies with that gender ratio and that my cc user is the opposite gender specified in time finder?

also, regarding bw entralink abuse, will my delays always be either odd or even depending on certain variables as it was in gen4?

When ID abusing am I supposed to paste in the desired ID/SID into the main page of RNG Reporter to find a shiny PID frame for that ID?

If I'm in the hidden grotto, saved in front of the Pokemon I want (in this case an Imposter Ditto). Is he then treated as a stationary? And if so, can I RNG him like I would do a stationary Pokemon? (I know it can't be shiny)

Agonist

If I'm in the hidden grotto, saved in front of the Pokemon I want (in this case an Imposter Ditto). Is he then treated as a stationary? And if so, can I RNG him like I would do a stationary Pokemon? (I know it can't be shiny)
They have their own PIDRNG method.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)