5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Do any of the following locatios have NPCs/weather/something to worry about that can be taken care of in BW2?

Reverse Mountain
Pinwheel Forest
Route 3
Victory Road--any of the rooms/areas?
Giant Chasm: Cave or Grass?
Abundant Shrine
Undella Bay
Route 11, 13, or 22?
Route 23
Dragonspiral Tower
Strange House
Celestial Tower
Seaside Cave
Route 6
Route 7
Desert Resort

hey guys
can you help me here?
iam trying to rng a shiny N zorua from that team plasma sage but at that room there as a walking pokemon next to the hiker so does he gonna advance the PID frames?
if yes then do you got any tips on getting the right frame?
thx in advance

hey guys
can you help me here?
iam trying to rng a shiny N zorua from that team plasma sage but at that room there as a walking pokemon next to the hiker so does he gonna advance the PID frames?
if yes then do you got any tips on getting the right frame?
thx in advance
N's pokemon can't be RNG'd. They have a fixed nature and IV spread of 30/30/30/30/30/30.

edit: they also can't be shiny.

Do any of the following locatios have NPCs/weather/something to worry about that can be taken care of in BW2?

Reverse Mountain
Pinwheel Forest
Route 3
Victory Road--any of the rooms/areas?
Giant Chasm: Cave or Grass?
Abundant Shrine
Undella Bay
Route 11, 13, or 22?
Route 23
Dragonspiral Tower
Strange House
Celestial Tower
Seaside Cave
Route 6
Route 7
Desert Resort
reposting

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If I'm in the hidden grotto, saved in front of the Pokemon I want (in this case an Imposter Ditto). Is he then treated as a stationary? And if so, can I RNG him like I would do a stationary Pokemon? (I know it can't be shiny)
They have their own PIDRNG method.
^ But otherwise yes, the actual RNG process is exactly the same as for a stationary (hit seed, advance frame, talk to it).

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear

Reverse Mountain exterior, no
Pinwheel Forest yes
Route 3 yes
Victory Road--any of the rooms/areas? some don't, most do
Giant Chasm: Cave or Grass? no, but you can't get rid of the fog
Abundant Shrine yes
Undella Bay no, iirc
Route 11, 13, or 22? no, yes, yes
Route 23 no
Dragonspiral Tower no
Strange House no
Celestial Tower top floor, no
Seaside Cave yes
Route 6 yes
Route 7 yes
Desert Resort yes, plus sand is permanent

^ But otherwise yes, the actual RNG process is exactly the same as for a stationary (hit seed, advance frame, talk to it).

And how do I search for this kind of seed? :/ I'm not interested in that hidden grotto rng as in picking what poke appears, I just want to get good IVs for the one I got by luck...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
And how do I search for this kind of seed? :/ I'm not interested in that hidden grotto rng as in picking what poke appears, I just want to get good IVs for the one I got by luck...
Same way you'd search for a non-shiny stationary Pokémon. The only difference is that when you check your PID frames in the main window you set the encounter type to Hidden Grotto instead of Stationary (and set the correct gender and gender ratio).

Same way you'd search for a non-shiny stationary Pokémon. The only difference is that when you check your PID frames in the main window you set the encounter type to Hidden Grotto instead of Stationary (and set the correct gender and gender ratio).
Oh then it will be quite easy :)) Thanks for all the info...

Having the same problem as last time; IVNG is dead on, PIDRNG is off.

Seed: 623C301424B6AB3F
ID: 36007
SID: 55836

My game gives me a Mild Foongus, when RNG Reporter says it should be Synchable to my Sassy lead. Foongus has proper IV's as the seed says it should. Any idea of what may have gone wrong, or if my initial frame is off? This is on Route 10 which doesn't have NPC's iirc.

Agonist

Are you in the gatehouse grass, or just the regular route? The regular route has WNPCs.

I'm in the regular grass. Maybe that could be throwing it off, but the next Mild non-synch frame is 16 frames away, not sure if NPC's could advance it that many times in 1 or 2 seconds.

EDIT: Oh shoot, there's a swarm -_-. I'll try again with swarm settings and see if that helps.

Agonist

I'd recommend just going into the gatehouse grass, it has the same encounter slots and everything, but no WNPCs.

Oh wow, I didn't even know that was still route 10. Thanks for that :)

EDIT: Yup, it was the WNPCs. Got my Foongus just fine in the Gatehouse.

I'm having trouble RNGing a flawless Dream World Starly Egg. I've tried a number of different seeds, which I'm able to hit consistently, and now have several with the right gender, nature, and IVs, but when I evolve them into Staravia they still have Intimidate. It's the only Dream World Pokemon I've had any trouble RNGing. Could Starly be affected differently by the PIDRNG because of its unique status as a Pokemon without a Dream World ability that gains one upon evolving?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm having trouble RNGing a flawless Dream World Starly Egg. I've tried a number of different seeds, which I'm able to hit consistently, and now have several with the right gender, nature, and IVs, but when I evolve them into Staravia they still have Intimidate. It's the only Dream World Pokemon I've had any trouble RNGing. Could Starly be affected differently by the PIDRNG because of its unique status as a Pokemon without a Dream World ability that gains one upon evolving?
Are you 100% positive the female parent has the dw ability? Because the pidrng is not different for them.

While Starly's evolutions have a DW ability, Starly itself actually doesn't. You will never be able to RNG breed for a DW Starly. You will have to RNG a Staravia in Entralink.

My question: how exactly do you RNG Lati@s in BW2? What do we set as the Encounter Type in the 5th Generation Time Finder Window? Are there any wandering NPCs? Also, when exactly is the nature set? Is the nature/PIDRNG set right when you first see Lati@s or right before the battle begins?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
The encounter type would be stationary. There's one, but I believe that you can stop it by battling it. You can advance the pid up until you take the step that engages the battle.

Are you 100% positive the female parent has the dw ability? Because the pidrng is not different for them.
I'm positive. I've managed to get Starly which gain Reckless upon evolution the normal way, without RNGing.
While Starly's evolutions have a DW ability, Starly itself actually doesn't. You will never be able to RNG breed for a DW Starly. You will have to RNG a Staravia in Entralink.
It can still have the flag for the DW ability, though, and will gain Reckless when it evolves. I'm able to breed Dream World Starly eggs just fine, the trouble comes when I try and RNG them, which leads me to wonder if the process is somehow different for that Pokemon.

So I tried to RNG Genesect.
Since the RNG Reporter development notes say this:
"Wondercards frames are incorrect, they don’t match between main and time finder (main is correct) PIDRNG starting frames might also be 1 off for them (pending further research)"
And this was my situation:
8A41B6D9C412B8F7 81 A9516781 Timid 31 11 31 31 31 31 Dark 70 02/13/13 11:40:14 1667 None
From the time finder.
79 High (96) Timid 31 11 31 31 31 31 Dark 70 M M M F
From the main window.

And the main gave me a 53 starting frame, I did 26 advancements.
I however ended up with this:
77 Mid-High (66) Mild 7 19 31 11 31 31 Dark 70 F F F F

So I tried doing 28 advancements, which should have brought me to this, according to the main window:
81 Low (18) Relaxed 31 31 31 31 21 24 Ice 44 M M M F

But actually brought me to this:
79 High (96) Timid 31 11 31 31 31 31 Dark 70 M M M F

So I believe the time finder is correct in regards to which frames have what... barring some other fail I possibly did (I don't think I did any, but one never knows).

Since it could be of help to look some more into this, I haven't saved yet, so I can do other tests if need be, just tell me what is needed and I'll try to do it.

Somebody could help me please, I'm trying to RNG benga's gible in black 2, how I find a desiree nature, the fact that the gible is always shiny affects the pid rng or the Mersenne Twister RNG???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)