5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hey I've been trying to manipulate to get a TID/SID in BW2. I managed to hit the one I wanted. It should have had a shiny frame on 67 of the PIDRNG for the IV seed I had chosen, that was what I had put into Pandora's box when searching. But when I stuck my TID/SID into the reporter and searched on my chosen seed it came out with frame 64 being the shiny one. Very confused as to what could've happened here. Granted I only knew one of my timer0's so it took a few attempts to hit it but I don't see why that should have any effect. I needed 67 for the synch able frame.

Also does rng reporter 9.96.5 support unova link calibration, because I cannot get it to work.

I'm using a dslite and a NA copy of Black2
Are the Encounter Types the same and did you check the Black and White 2 Box?

Quick Question: What's the best place to calibrate in B2/W2?
Can you still use the last room of Victory Road? I've been doing calibrating there and found my timer0 within 7 tries.

And also, in B2/W2, where is the best place to RNG wondercards?

New Lurker here; I've got a question. So I'm new to RNG and I'm able to RNG quadra-flawless shiny eggs really easily on my B/W versions. However, I want my OT on the shinies to match my White 2 version. When I change my TID/SID to my White 2 version in RNG reporter in both Time Finder to find a shiny seed and the Main Menu, my egg results in non-shiny when I trade the egg from B/W to White 2. I am using Timer0 from White version.

What did I do incorrectly? :\

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
New Lurker here; I've got a question. So I'm new to RNG and I'm able to RNG quadra-flawless shiny eggs really easily on my B/W versions. However, I want my OT on the shinies to match my White 2 version. When I change my TID/SID to my White 2 version in RNG reporter in both Time Finder to find a shiny seed and the Main Menu, my egg results in non-shiny when I trade the egg from B/W to White 2. I am using Timer0 from White version.

What did I do incorrectly? :\
Are you using international parents?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Quick Question: What's the best place to calibrate in B2/W2?
Can you still use the last room of Victory Road? I've been doing calibrating there and found my timer0 within 7 tries.

And also, in B2/W2, where is the best place to RNG wondercards?
You can calibrate anywhere, but finding a place where the pokemon are above lv 25 should suffice. I calibrated in Castelia's park where the pokemon are just barely above 10 and had no issues at all. Castelia's Pokemon Center has no WNPCs.

Agonist

No, but it wouldn't work if I use international parents right?
Correct.

If you're not using international parents, either you didn't enter you other games TID/SID correctly, or you're not hitting the correct PID frame.

Are the Encounter Types the same and did you check the Black and White 2 Box?
Hey I've been trying to manipulate to get a TID/SID in BW2. I managed to hit the one I wanted. It should have had a shiny frame on 67 of the PIDRNG for the IV seed I had chosen, that was what I had put into Pandora's box when searching. But when I stuck my TID/SID into the reporter and searched on my chosen seed it came out with frame 64 being the shiny one. Very confused as to what could've happened here. Granted I only knew one of my timer0's so it took a few attempts to hit it but I don't see why that should have any effect. I needed 67 for the synch able frame.

Also does rng reporter 9.96.5 support unova link calibration, because I cannot get it to work.

I'm using a dslite and a NA copy of Black2
Yes the bw2 box is checked and the encounter types are the same. I just checked other TID/SID combos that Pandora's box is giving me and despite having 67 written in the frame box, they are coming out with 64 as shiny.

EDIT: Ok so I put 70 into Pandora's box and now it's coming up with 67 as the shiny frame for thTID/Sid combos. For whatever reason there seems to be a -3 difference to what I'm putting into Pandora's box. I can work around this easily.

Does rng reporter 9.96.5 support unova link calibration for bw2? I can't get it to work. I search and it doesn't come up with any configurations when I have 7 arrows.

So basically the only way to find your parameters using rng reporter is the way you did with BW1 ie I have to use the parameter search and pokecheck?
Yep. Cereza pointed out above that you can do that anywhere (even with areas with NPCs), but it's best to do it in an area with higher level pokes (she did level 10+ in Castelia City).

edit: calibrate many times (~15) in bw2 to get a feel for your timer0- it really does change quite a bit.

Yep. Cereza pointed out above that you can do that anywhere (even with areas with NPCs), but it's best to do it in an area with higher level pokes (she did level 10+ in Castelia City).

edit: calibrate many times (~15) in bw2 to get a feel for your timer0- it really does change quite a bit.
Yeah thanks, I'm tryin to TID/SID manipulate so I'll end up calibrating pretty early in the game so I can start again. I'll use pokecheck to get their exact iv's. such a pain, the first time I calibrated I was unaware of the multiple timer0 changes in bw2 so I only calibrated once before manipulating and I had apparently calibrated one of the less common timer0s so it took me several attempts to get what I wanted. Which apparently wasn't what I wanted since my Pandora's box shiny frame is three off of what it should be. Ah well back to the grind.

If I manipulate for a certain TID/SID combo and therefore shiny frame, will using the memory link effect the shiny frame or the seed? Basically what does memory link do to your rng exactly?

There was something about checking if you hit your PIDRNG by using some sort of modulo 6 calculation for characteristics, does anyone have the details for that?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
There was something about checking if you hit your PIDRNG by using some sort of modulo 6 calculation for characteristics, does anyone have the details for that?
Reporter now does that for you, right-click in the main window > Display Characteristics in Search.

If I manipulate for a certain TID/SID combo and therefore shiny frame, will using the memory link effect the shiny frame or the seed? Basically what does memory link do to your rng exactly?
it shifts the initial PIDRNG frame by a little bit. That's all I've experienced when I clicked it.

Are the new versions of RNG Reporter fully-compatible with Windows 8? I know Windows 8 includes the .NET Framework 4.5, so that's not an issue.

So I'm going after shiny legends on Pokemon White 2, but I notice that standard seeds of 31/31/31/x/31/31 are really uncommon. I have to search months or even years for a penta-flawless spread. When I plug a penta-flawless seed back into the main screen of RNG reporter, I often get a shiny frame of like 43,258 or some high value. It's worth chattering, but I can easily make an error counting up to 40k. This is the only way I know how to RNG wild pokemon, but what's generally a more efficient method?

I seem to be lost because i'm accustomed to breeding which is much simpler because I can use flawless parents to pass IV's so I only have to search for 3 flawless IV's. And I can find many low-framed shiny seeds in every month in B/W this way.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
So I'm going after shiny legends on Pokemon White 2, but I notice that standard seeds of 31/31/31/x/31/31 are really uncommon. I have to search months or even years for a penta-flawless spread. When I plug a penta-flawless seed back into the main screen of RNG reporter, I often get a shiny frame of like 43,258 or some high value. It's worth chattering, but I can easily make an error counting up to 40k. This is the only way I know how to RNG wild pokemon, but what's generally a more efficient method?

I seem to be lost because i'm accustomed to breeding which is much simpler because I can use flawless parents to pass IV's so I only have to search for 3 flawless IV's. And I can find many low-framed shiny seeds in every month in B/W this way.
In Time Finder, check the "Search nearby shiny frames" box, which will limit the results you get to some maximum PID frame (it's 300 by default IIRC, I wouldn't suggest going above 500 or so for anything except BW1 shiny roamers, since it's so easy to lose count). Also, use keypresses if you don't already, which will greatly increase the number of potential seeds you can hit in each month/year (for Sync-able mons, I've never had trouble finding a seed in one year with 0-3 keypresses, except for hexflawless and certain Hidden Power spreads).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Yes it does, different keypresses will give you different seeds for the same second/Timer0. If your shoulder buttons don't work, just check the "Skip L/R" box in your profile.

So I'm trying to catch my roamer, and I just want to make sure I got everything right here...

1. IVs/Nature are set once it starts running
2. Can't really do much about the nature due to the rain messing with the PIDRNG, so it's pretty much hit and run until I get one with a nature I like

So basically I just need to find a seed I want using the roamer option in RNG Reporter, save out over there before you encounter it, advance however many frames I need to to hit the target frame, then activate and follow it around to catch I guess?

In the first post, this bit is confusing me though:

Roamer Generation- Starting Frame is 1* (The speed IV will be put before the SpA IV, shifting them right)
What does this mean exactly and how does it affect trying to RNG for my roamer? Does this mean for one that I want with HP Ice that normally would have 31/30/30/31/31/31 IVs, it would be unchanged since both SpA and Spe are 31 IVs?

This can be such a pain. I was TID/SID manipulating and found a flawless (all IVs 31) spread on frame 1 for my parameters on black2 but it was like my least common timer0 so I abandoned it.

Anyway how hard do the wnpc's in asperitia make it to get a shiny starter? I'm wondering if its really worth the effort.

EDIT: I found a flawless iv spread for one of my two most common timer0s so now I'm going to start again.

Agonist

This can be such a pain. I was TID/SID manipulating and found a flawless (all IVs 31) spread on frame 1 for my parameters on black2 but it was like my least common timer0 so I abandoned it.

Anyway how hard do the wnpc's in asperitia make it to get a shiny starter? I'm wondering if its really worth the effort.

EDIT: I found a flawless iv spread for one of my two most common timer0s so now I'm going to start again.
There are seven WNPCs in Aspertia iirc, so it'll be a pain in the ass.

I am trying to RNG Latias in White 2 however I notice that there are frame advancements in the Dreamworld, is this frame advancement random or a fixed number?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)