5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Do the moving NPC's work different in White 2 compared to regular White. I can never hit the seed for my Kyurem or Regirock and I know its not because I am doing it wrong because I was very successful in White.

Is it a big deal if i'm calibrating with lower level sweet scented pokemon since i'm restarting my game?
You will get more possible results. But as long you know your VCount, your GxStat and your VFrame for that DS/cartridge combo (they are constant) you can rougly guess which one is correct.

Do the moving NPC's work different in White 2 compared to regular White. I can never hit the seed for my Kyurem or Regirock and I know its not because I am doing it wrong because I was very successful in White.
It does not. As for Kyurem, there seems to be something in the cave that moves the PID frame, so you better determine the frame via Chatots' cries. This one was pretty much the most time consuming RNG process we had ever have.

moving NPCs still have the same effect - they advance the PIDRNG. For Kyurem, something in the room is advancing the PID - I think by 6 frames? There should be no NPCs for Regirock afaik.

Edit: Ninja'd again...

moving NPCs still have the same effect - they advance the PIDRNG. For Kyurem, something in the room is advancing the PID - I think by 6 frames? There should be no NPCs for Regirock afaik.

Edit: Ninja'd again...
Thanks a lot :( After failing for months, I find out that I've been doing it wrong.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The PIDRNG only controls the nature, gender, ability and shininess, not the IVs. if you're not getting the right IVs, you're not hitting your seed.

Ok, so I'm trying to RNG the current US Keldeo and I'm having 0 luck.

I calibrated 35 times and got these values
166A 5 (MIN)
166B 3
166D 8 (MAX)
166E
1671 3
1672 4
1674 6
1678 2
167B

I saved in Castelia Pokemon Center and used this time
Seed Frame PID !!! Nature HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe Hidden Power Date\Time Timer0 Keypresses
852036E5616721A5 53 CB0BF679 Modest 31 25 31 31 31 31 Dark 68 03/31/13 21:10:13 166D None

For this seed
51 Mid-Low (34) Modest 31 25 31 31 31 31 Dark 68 F M M F

However, I've tried countless times and don't get the nature or the IVs.

When I hit calculate initial frame, the number that shows up is my starting frame? Or is it the frame with the Chatot pitch.

Also, I heard talking to the delivery man advances a frame, so I need to talk to him 1 frame early. However, I also heard he doesn't advance the frame. Which is true?

I'm playing a US White 2 on a US 3DS.

I was wondering are there any NPC near Cobalion in Black that I've forgotten about? Cos I've been trying to RNG as if there wasn't any. Like the old man who talks to you befor he allows you past him -should I worry about him screwing things up for me?

Also am I supposed to count from the first chatot pitch in the main window?

Do you have your roamer released? When yes, check "Roamer Released", calculate your initial frame and do that number of advances:
Target Frame - Initial Frame - 1 = Number of advances
We haven't found out what exactly caused that one additional advancement, but according to the Chatot chatter it happens.

Otherwise, get rid of the Roamer, that makes things much easier.
Target Frame - Initial Frame = Number of advances

And again, listen to your Chatots.

I haven't beaten the game yet so as far as I know the roamer hasn't been released. So is it there any NPC near Cobalion that could be screwing things up for me? Cos I'm pretty sure that I have everything filled out properlly and I've pretty much looked at all the guides... the whole thing is very frustrating.

Yes and I keep getting the same wrong pokemon.

Is there a way to see how far off I am from hitting the right seed? Cos I keep getting the same wrong pokemon, right down to the nature and IVs being exactly the same...

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
How about you calibrate with that same wrong Pokémon you're getting, and run another search for your desired spread? Perhaps that's simply your more common Timer0, or you may have made a mistake during your initial calibration.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
What he's saying is that you should find your parameters again as it looks like you are currently using the least common timer0. Do that and then find a new seed

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes. You're not getting the seed that you think you should be getting, so the parameters are wrong somewhere. Whether it's just you not getting your uncommon Timer0, or there is more wrong...

Starting the DS parameter search now. Im using the eon time to find the exact time, that is resetting the DS time and clicking start on the timer at the same time, then turning off the ds, and entering the game when the time hits 0.

for the seconds value in the parameter search, i fill 0 seconds, because i assume when you reset the DS time it starts at 0.

also, when hard resetting, do you enter the game when you press a at the trainer info screen thing or when you hit 'yes' for launch c-gear?

hey i'm having some trouble with synchronizing natures. I'm trying to get a jolly virizion, i get the IVs but i just can't get the nature. i didn't want to go into PIDRNG 'cos i'm new with this, so am i doing something wrong? I select the synch frames only before hitting generate, but my synchronizer is not working, i think. I'm using abra. Help please! Thanks

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
hey i'm having some trouble with synchronizing natures. I'm trying to get a jolly virizion, i get the IVs but i just can't get the nature. i didn't want to go into PIDRNG 'cos i'm new with this, so am i doing something wrong? I select the synch frames only before hitting generate, but my synchronizer is not working, i think. I'm using abra. Help please! Thanks
That means you will have to mess up with the pidrng, don't worry tho; it is not that complicated. I want you to go to the main page of the reporter and fill out the following information.
1. Choose gen 5 pid as the method
2. Choose stationary
3. Select the syncronizer
4. Click on calculate initial pid rng
5. Click generate
6. Look for a frame with the nature you want, this shouldn't be too hard because of the syncronizer
7. Target frame-initial frame=advancements you need to do
8. ???
9.???
10. Profit

That means you will have to mess up with the pidrng, don't worry tho; it is not that complicated. I want you to go to the main page of the reporter and fill out the following information.
1. Choose gen 5 pid as the method
2. Choose stationary
3. Select the syncronizer
4. Click on calculate initial pid rng
5. Click generate
6. Look for a frame with the nature you want, this shouldn't be too hard because of the syncronizer
7. Target frame-initial frame=advancements you need to do
8. ???
9.???
10. Profit
How do i know the date and the time that i have to set to hit those seeds? It only shows me the nature, the PID, the frame and the chatot pitch, and some more things, but i don't have any date to set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)