5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

It does not work in BW2, BW only.

Something new: Has anyone tried to RNG Ruri/Tetsu (whatever their names are) Pokemon? Is it possible and can they be shiny?

And is it possible to RNG taht Happiny egg? We know that that question has already been asked a few time but it never got answered. It would be nice if someone at least tell us that you have no idea yet.
So there's no way to clear fog at all in BW2?

So there's no way to clear fog at all in BW2?
There is NO way to clear the fog in the Giant Chasm in B2/W2.

Reposting this:
OK well I recently started RNGing on B2/W2. And I've hit a snag going after Uxie.
Exactly How many NPCs are in Nacrene City? I hit my seed with relative ease but I am around 10-15 frames off every time. I can't seem to pin this number down either. Does anyone know how big the offset is for Uxie?

And while I'm at it, what about for the Latis?

There is NO way to clear the fog in the Giant Chasm in B2/W2.

Reposting this:
OK well I recently started RNGing on B2/W2. And I've hit a snag going after Uxie.
Exactly How many NPCs are in Nacrene City? I hit my seed with relative ease but I am around 10-15 frames off every time. I can't seem to pin this number down either. Does anyone know how big the offset is for Uxie?

And while I'm at it, what about for the Latis?
I've done the latis, there's one WNPC in dreamyard, it would be a lot easier if u just battle him on the spot and catch it without moving out of the map and u can just use frame 1 for that.

No the frame advances every time they move and even then you cannot tell by how much. There one one NPC who moved the frame by two every time he turns. There was one NPC who moved the frame by 4 every time he turns. In combination, we have no idea what the offset will be, especially because you don't have all of them on screen..

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I hit the target because when I collaborated for my parameters I consistently kept getting the timer0 C7C which also showed up in the adjacent seed finder with the IVS I mentioned earlier.
You probably set the method to PIDRNG in Time Finder. Doing so doesn't search for IVs, you'll have to set the method to IVs (standard seed).

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
No the frame advances every time they move and even then you cannot tell by how much. There one one NPC who moved the frame by two every time he turns. There was one NPC who moved the frame by 4 every time he turns. In combination, we have no idea what the offset will be, especially because you don't have all of them on screen..
Additionally, it changes each time you save.

Not quite, I searched for a seed with desirable IVs in the Time Finder and the PIDRNG in the main window. I thought that was the way I'm supposed to do it, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm still wondering what I'm supposed to do with the results from the Adjacent Seed tool, that is +-2. I'm guessing that this means that my actual seconds is 2, not 1 like I thought it was. Is there a way to refine the offset etc without having to re-callibrate all over again?

Forget the Adjacent Seed tool, you only need it for the previous generations.

How to handle the actual seconds: As said, you just have to remember the difference between the actual seconds and the second you have pressed - don't worry, it is constant, so you only need to do it once. The best way to get a consistent result is to use an external timer like EonTimer, or any timer that displays milliseconds.
Perform a calibration, take any second you want like 30. Try to hit it, then let the RNG Reporter search for the seed you have actually hit, take a look at the actual second. Tell us when you have it done.

Let me just say after about 5 different seeds and well over 100 attempts... Do not go for a shiny Uxie : / Each time you hit the seed the people move so fast that you can never tell what your actual starting frame is...

I tried a method where I would always assume the starting frame is moved by say 5 (since that's the result I once got)... Hoping that it would repeart and therefor work...

But it seems in the few seconds between you closing the meny and talking to uxie they advance them again... In conclusion, go for non shiny

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Let me just say after about 5 different seeds and well over 100 attempts... Do not go for a shiny Uxie : / Each time you hit the seed the people move so fast that you can never tell what your actual starting frame is...

I tried a method where I would always assume the starting frame is moved by say 5 (since that's the result I once got)... Hoping that it would repeart and therefor work...

But it seems in the few seconds between you closing the meny and talking to uxie they advance them again... In conclusion, go for non shiny
that's definitely not true, because many people have done it, on retail carts.

I've downloaded the EonTimer v1.6 and now I'm wondering what I'm supposed to put in the Calibration box? At the moment it just says -95.

Also do I have to do a search in the RNG reporter DS Parameters first and then open the EonTimer and do another search or is it the other way around?

Alright I decided to try a different seed. My target frame was 137 which had an initial PIDRNG frame of 47, so I did 90 chatot flips. The chatot flips matched those in the main window so I know that I hit the right time. However instead of getting a naive Cobalion with 31|30|30|31|31|31 I instead got a naive Cobalion with the following IV range:

23-25| 6-8| 12-13| 28-29| 6-8 |4-5

I got this spread a few times so I opened the adjacent seed tool and had a look there. I entered in all the data from the time finder window and selected +/-2. And it looks like the spread I ended up with is the first one listed in the adjacent seed tool which showed the following spread:

Frame 1 23|7|13|29|6|4

I've never used the adjacent seed tool befor so I'm not really sure what this actually means. Do I have to find my parameters again and start from scratch, load my game earlier or what?

Please help.
I think that the initial frame in PIDRNG is not accurate, so it's not 47 for sure, for example, my initial frame when i try PIDRNG is actually 62, it's 15 frames more, because it shows me 47, but it's 62. You should check that! Sorry if i'm not clear

What's the correct settings for the EonTimer when using black? Like what am I supposed to put in boxes under the actions, application, timer tabs etc... Can anyone point me to a guide specifically for gen 5? Also I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to use it to find my parameters.

Don't touch anything but the "Target Second" panel and the C-Gear box.

Uncheck the C-Gear bock and insert your target seconds.
Try to hit your target time with the aid of the EonTimer.
Calibrate the Pokemon in order to get the actual seconds; as said, you only need to do it once.
From that point, remember the difference.

Tell us when you have done that part.

Edit: We have tried to sum things up in three pictures
5th Gen Calibration My EonTimer Timing (DS Lite); 5th Gen Calibration; 5th Gen Setting EonTimer

We should do a picture series eventually, when we have time.

Any tips for RNGing a shiny Kyurem in BW2? I've been trying for a while but the Chatot pitches are never right :(

edit: I've successfully RNG'd shiny Heatran, Latios, 3 Musketdeers in this game already but Kyurem seems to be very difficult.

Remember the Chatot pitches don't start at the starting frame (something in the cave moves the PID frame). You probably know how to deal with it, because you have already caught the three ponies and Latios. So keep trying!

Remember the Chatot pitches don't start at the starting frame (something in the cave moves the PID frame). You probably know how to deal with it, because you have already caught the three ponies and Latios. So keep trying!
Caught it, thanks! Got all legendaries in B2, onto the Hidden Grottos :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)