5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
No. Sync doesn't work that way in 3rd/4th gen. It doesn't overwrite the nature if successful, rather it advances to some spread with the matching nature.

I'm stuck on trying to RNG abuse for shiny starter in White 2. I've finished abusing for my ID/SID (56624/65283). But I have no idea if I am doing this right. In the Time Finder (RNG reporter 9.96), is the Method supposed to be "PIDRNG" with the Encounter Type set to Gift Pokemon?

I'm stuck on trying to RNG abuse for shiny starter in White 2. I've finished abusing for my ID/SID (56624/65283). But I have no idea if I am doing this right. In the Time Finder (RNG reporter 9.96), is the Method supposed to be "PIDRNG" with the Encounter Type set to Gift Pokemon?
Yes. Encounter type doesn't really matter, gift or wild works. What you have to do is find out which PID is your starting frame (because there are NPCs, so it will be a little above the initial PID that Reporter gives you). Then, using your shifted starting frame (SSF) calculate how many PID advances you have to do to hit your target.

I honestly gave up on a shiny starter in W2 because of the NPCs :p It was much easier in BW1.

We wouldn't recommend you to do that. There are three randomly moving NPCs in that area and no means to confirm your PID frame. Just in case, we describe how this is usually done.

You have to decide on if you care about IVs or not.
When you do, use the IVs (Standard Seed) method, set the encounter type to whatever you need it to be (Gift), select the nature, check "Search for Nearby Shiny Frames" and choose your Max Shiny Advances. That is a problem: Without Chatots you have to advance the PID frame by saving, which is very time consuming, plus the randomly moving NPCs will advance your PID frame irregularly so you have no idea where you will be. Besides, with less than ten advances, you are not likely to find a result.
When you do not care about your IVs, use the PIDRNG method, set the encounter type to whatever you need it to be (Gift), choose the desired nature , check the Shiny box and choose the number of Min/Max advances. Same problem here: No way to confirm your PID frame, randomly moving NPCs, having to save to advance the PID frame which again leads to the randomly moving NPCs advancing the frame.

Our recommendation: Don't do it!

That sounds very tedious and discouraging, lol. I guess I'll give it a few more tries and call it a day. Thank you all

The IV frame I'm targeting is 9, but the Nearest shiny frame is 118 how do I /do I have to advance both at the same time?

Here's what the screen gives me, I may have named things wrong.
FullSeeds
DF508B76775F3332
8CA0A76BA23A444B
DC31A2906F2C5375

Frame,HP,Atk,Def,SpA,SpD,Spe,Hidden Power,Hidden Power Power, Date\Time,KeyPress

7, 24, 30, 10, 31, 20, 31, Bug, 49, 02-14-13 19:16:28, None
3, 29, 13, 2, 31, 9, 31, Dragon, 47, 02-20-13 07:30:16, Left
9, 26, 20, 7, 31, 18, 31, Ghost, 68, 02-28-13 05:13:00, A

Honestly, you really should look for an IV frame of 1. The only way to advance it is by walking 128 steps. Since it's frame 2 that means you can only have 1 Pokémon in the party for that.

For the PIDRNG that would be 4 Chatot pitches.
The PID RNG and the IV RNG are separate, so they have separate advancements. If I understood your post correctly, then your target PID frame is 53 and your initial frame is 48? If so, then...

You would need to advance your IV frame by 1 (walk 128 steps with 1 Pokemon in your party) and then advance your PID frame by 5 (5 Chatot cries or save 5 times), and then interact with Latias. If you hit the correct timer0 then Latias should have the desired IVs, nature, etc..

I strongly suggest finding a different IV seed because a frame of 2 is really annoying to have. Hope this helped. If not, let us know.

Edit: Oh Hozu, you ninja :p

Just wanted to add...

No. The first Chatot cry you should hear would be the Chatot cry from frame 48, because that is your initial frame. Frame 53 isn't the first frame, it's the first frame that has a Timid nature. When you generate your frames, make sure you have the Nature set to "Any" so you can see ALL of your PID frames, not just the ones that are Timid.
Thanks again, still having issues with the timer 0 though, so it's really hard to tell if im doing things right. Do NPCs advance the PID frame or IV frame?

Also chatot cries ONLY work for the PID, correct? And they work for wondercard IVs as well?

While using the standard seed method to get a Skarmory, I keep getting a Camerupt with the IV spread I want. I have tried multiple times and whenever I hit my correct timer0 I get the Camerupt. Is there any way I can change something to see if I get a Skarmory? Should I try and hit a different seed?

The IV frame I'm targeting is 9, but the Nearest shiny frame is 118 how do I /do I have to advance both at the same time?
An advice for you: Do not take any IV frame but 1! The only way to move the IV frame is via walking, but that tends to advance the PID frame at the same time and when you overstep a certain threshold (which you certainly will overstep). You will loose track of your PID frame when it happens.

Anyway, search again, but set your Max frame to 1. Select (right-click) one of the results, copy the seed, go to the main window, set method to Gen 5 PIDRNG, paste the seed in Seed (Hex). Check "Black White 2?" when you have BW2, check Memory Link when you have performed a Memory Link. Click on Calculate Initial PID Frame to generate the list.

You start at the first frame that is displayed. To advance the PID frame, listen to a custom cry of a Chatot. With two Chatots, you can flip between them to accelerate the process. It is also possible to advance the PID frame by saving. Ever tried to save fifty times? Better get yourself a Chatot or two.
Do it until you reach the frame that says "!!!" for "Shiny".

Also chatot cries ONLY work for the PID, correct? And they work for wondercard IVs as well?
Chatots custom cries advance the PID frame. Wondercard Pokemons' IVs are dependent on them.

While using the standard seed method to get a Skarmory, I keep getting a Camerupt with the IV spread I want. I have tried multiple times and whenever I hit my correct timer0 I get the Camerupt. Is there any way I can change something to see if I get a Skarmory? Should I try and hit a different seed?
Nothing wrong with your seed, but you have to advance your PID frame. Copy your seed, go to the main window, set method to Gen 5 PIDRNG, paste the seed in Seed (Hex). Check "Black White 2?" when you have BW2, check Memory Link when you have performed a Memory Link. Click on Calculate Initial PID Frame to generate the list.

You have to advance the PID frame until you get the desired Encounter slot and the desired nature. Look up in the encounter table unter 5th Gen Tools for the encounter Slots for Skarmory and use the filter in the main window to find the correct frames (probably Impish, Ability 1, Encounter Slot 6)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You need to advance the PIDRNG to get Skarmory.

Gen 5: I Roamer RNGed my Thundurus on my White 1 and was trying to do my Roamer in B1 however it is acting different. In my White 1, I would hit my standard seed, Use maybe lets say 5 Chatters walk outside the house and Mash A and then go capture the Tornadus and I would lets say get a Timid nature. If I try to hit that same seed again and do the same steps again the Nature of the Thundurus roamer would stay the same and thus I was able to get the PID and ID abuse and it will be shiny. In Black 1 however for Tornadus, my Roamer never has the same nature when I am mashing A and also using the same number of chatters since on 5 Chatters I have gotten a Hardy, Gentle and Naughty nature so therefore I will not be able to do a ID abuse for Shiny Roamer since the PID is being unstable, Any suggestions?

Been trying PIDRNG, hit my IV frame a few times but I am not advancing the PID right, me thinks.

RNG reporter states that my initial frame is 51 for the PID, and the first chatot pitch listed (on frame 51) is mid-low 28 modest, and the next 3 consecutive frames are timid. I am trying to get timid, but when I do hit my timer 0 with the correct IV spread, I get modest.

The chatot pitches should match with what is listed on RNG reporter, like Onicron said, unless I interpreted that wrong.

So if I want that timid nature on frame 52, then i would need to advance 1 time, because the starting frame is 51? OR is there a certain frame that corresponds to the IV frame I want? Onicron mentioned something like, but i don't know how to find that frame.

So I RNG abused my black tid/sid, but I did a horrible mistake. The purpose to RNG was to catch kyurem shiny+flawless. Anyways, while I was RNGing, I thought the IV frame of 3 was a good number. Turns it out it's not.

I have an IV frame of 3, and to advance that I need to move around in a cave which also advances the PID. Is there a way to advance the IV frame without moving? Is there any way to make this possible before I restart? Thank you.

I was just wondering, can you hold your keypresses down while you're waiting for the Eontimer to hit your target seconds, or do you have to hold them afterwards? I know you're supposed to hold them during the first initial screens.

Btw I can now get the IVs I want when there's no keypresses involved, so that's something.

I was just wondering, can you hold your keypresses down while you're waiting for the Eontimer to hit your target seconds, or do you have to hold them afterwards? I know you're supposed to hold them during the first initial screens.

Btw I can now get the IVs I want when there's no keypresses involved, so that's something.
Yes you can. Obviously you cannot hold "Down" before you press A, but the other buttons are fair game.

So if I want that timid nature on frame 52, then i would need to advance 1 time, because the starting frame is 51? OR is there a certain frame that corresponds to the IV frame I want? Onicron mentioned something like, but i don't know how to find that frame.
We are Onicon.
Anyway, If your starting frame is 51, you would have to advance your PID frame by 1, as you have said. Ignore the IV frame (keep the IV frame at 1 so you don't have to move).

Cool, that should help matters a bit. Also where would I be able to find my paramaters in Platinum? Are there any early routes befor the elite 4 where I can do this?

This kind of question usually should go to the Most Generation thread.

Anyway, once you get the Coin Flip app you can confirm your seed almost everywhere. At the Valor Lakefront, we assume.

Yes you can. Obviously you cannot hold "Down" before you press A, but the other buttons are fair game.
Actually you can hold down, you just need to hold it from the moment you power on the console, before it gets to the menu.
That way it won't go to pictochat.

I swear I was able to get the right IVs without using keypresses, checked them though the IV-checker on the RNG reporter and the chatot pitches matched. Now when I try doing the exact same thing but with keypresses (because I'm aiming for a different seed now that's shiny) the IVs are always WRONG.

Just wondering when and for how long do I have to do the keypresses? For me, that's Left-R-x.

I usually hold them from the moment I press "a" to load the game until the flashing star which says GameFreak appears. And I hold them all at the same time.

Either you are constantly getting the wrong Timer0 or your R button is broken. We hate Nindento's shoulder buttons. Luckily the RNG-Reporter has the option to skip L and R.

Agonist

I swear I was able to get the right IVs without using keypresses, checked them though the IV-checker on the RNG reporter and the chatot pitches matched. Now when I try doing the exact same thing but with keypresses (because I'm aiming for a different seed now that's shiny) the IVs are always WRONG.

Just wondering when and for how long do I have to do the keypresses? For me, that's Left-R-x.

I usually hold them from the moment I press "a" to load the game until the flashing star which says GameFreak appears. And I hold them all at the same time.
Timer0's and keypresses are unrelated, so like Onicon said, you're either hitting the wrong Timer0, or the R button is broken. And you're doing exactly what you should be doing with keypresses.

Hey there, I haven't been abusing for a lot, but since I recently got a 3DS XL I just wanted to try and RNG something on it.
I found a good seed to RNG a shiny Druddigon on Black 2.
The seed requires a synchronizer so I put my Adamant synch in the lead.
I hit the seed and did the advances with Chatot pitch, I got the Druddigon, it was shiny and the IVs were right, but the nature hadn't been synched.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?

Agonist

Hey there, I haven't been abusing for a lot, but since I recently got a 3DS XL I just wanted to try and RNG something on it.
I found a good seed to RNG a shiny Druddigon on Black 2.
The seed requires a synchronizer so I put my Adamant synch in the lead.
I hit the seed and did the advances with Chatot pitch, I got the Druddigon, it was shiny and the IVs were right, but the nature hadn't been synched.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?
Did you have the right encounter type set?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)