5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

You were probably right but is your Synchronizer really a Synchronizer? Sometimes it happens to have the alternate ability.

Otherwise we cannot think of anything wrong.

Ok guys, for those who tried to get a shiny but didn't or got a shiny but with the wrong nature: We have done a bit testing.

There may be something wrong with the RNG Reporter. For our example we supposed to have our shiny on the 211th PID frame, Sweet Scent. While the nature was correct it turned out not shiny.
When we looked up the PID it had the PID that supposed to be on the frame after, 212. Now is someone eager to explain what went wrong? The nature is correct but the PIDs on the list are shifed by one.

Wild encounter, as said, but that is not the problem. The problem is the PIDs do not match up with the PID frame in the list. They are shifted by one, means that in that case we have got the PID on the following frame while the nature is all according the list.

Hopefully that is useful data.

Either you are constantly getting the wrong Timer0 or your R button is broken. We hate Nindento's shoulder buttons. Luckily the RNG-Reporter has the option to skip L and R.
It's definately not a Timer0 problem cos I can get the IVs I want easilly enough, when there's no keypresses involved. I tried hitting a few different seeds, which had no keypresses cos I was just trying to figure out how to get the IVs and I was able to hit the seed on the first go both times. However now that I'm trying to hit one which requires keypresses, I haven't been able to get the right IVs at all and I've tried this particular seed like ten times now, using the Eontimer to help.

Timer0's and keypresses are unrelated, so like Onicon said, you're either hitting the wrong Timer0, or the R button is broken. And you're doing exactly what you should be doing with keypresses.
Really? I thought keypresses were supposed to help make the Timer0 more consistent. Anyway I suppose you guys could be right. The DS lite I'm using for this was purchased second hand and was already quite battered looking when I got it (I already had a 3DS so it didn't matter at the time). It's probably time to be done away with because the light has never worked properlly (it flickers red when it's fully charged), the sound doesn't work very well either and the hinges was recently broken. Do the LR button's break easilly? cos I've noticed that most seeds that are shiny and have good IVs need those keypresses and I will get fewer search results when I leave out the LR buttons.

in black 2 i understand there are some places where some trainers can advance the PID frame, like for terrakion and i think latios.
To avoid this do I battle all the trainers? or do i avoid all of them?
like is there a way for them to not affect the PID frame at all?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
in black 2 i understand there are some places where some trainers can advance the PID frame, like for terrakion and i think latios.
To avoid this do I battle all the trainers? or do i avoid all of them?
like is there a way for them to not affect the PID frame at all?
If you make a trainer move to battle you, they will stop advancing the PID frame until you leave the area (but then they will start moving again if you come back later, so make sure you're ready to do everything you need to before battling them). If there's a wandering NPC you can't battle, or one that only "sees" you when you're right next to them, there's nothing you can do about them.

Hi!
1) In pokemon black 1, what encounter type is the zoroark from the event? Can it be caught as shiny? And does the step forward which introduces the event also increase the PID by 2?
2) In pokemon black 2, what encounter types are latios, vesprit, uxie and azelf? Anf can Zekrom be shiny in black 2 now?

We can say that all of them are stationaries. Your frame does not advance because it only happens when you are in an area where wild Pokemon can appear (Water, Grass, Cave).
That specific Zoroark won't be shiny, though.

I'm having some trouble with Hidden Grotto abuse. I empty the grotto and then save in it. Then i walk the 256 steps (sometimes a little bit more) and when i re enter the grotto it's empty!!! I just can't believe it, what am i doing wrong? There are no pokemon in the daycare and all other grottos are filled. Help please!

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Timer0 troll, most likely. Unless you're hitting the wrong second, or whatever.

I recently changed the keypresses for my black version, I currently have 3 keypresses and ticked the box for skip L/R since I suspect that those keys are broken. Anyway I found another shiny seed for my Cobalion which requires the keypresses Select-Right-UP. Is this some kind of mistake? Why would I get a seed which uses the right key when I selected skip L/R?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
I recently changed the keypresses for my black version, I currently have 3 keypresses and ticked the box for skip L/R since I suspect that those keys are broken. Anyway I found another shiny seed for my Cobalion which requires the keypresses Select-Right-UP. Is this some kind of mistake? Why would I get a seed which uses the right key when I selected skip L/R?
That would be the Right on your directional pad. :p

That would be the Right on your directional pad. :p
Oh I wondered about that but I haven't had the time to try it out yet, thanks.

Edit: Alright I'm fairly certain that I hit the correct seed, twice now. I'm currently going for a naive Cobalion with 30|30|30|31|31|31 IVs (HP Ice 70) and when I entered the stats into the IV-Checker I got the following:

Cobalion - #638 (Naive)
HP: 30-31
Atk: 30-31
Def: 28-30
SpA: 30-31
SpD: 30-31
Spe: 31

Which all looks good. I listed to 53 custom chatots so the PID should have been right. The natures right and based on the IV-Checker the IVs looked right, the only problem though was that it wasn't shiny. And befor anyone asks, yes I did double check my SID by Pokecheck and it was right.

Here's some screen shots:

Time finder:

Main window:

It may happen that the PID does not match with the frame while the nature does. We cannot tell exactly why or when that happen.

Ok guys, for those who tried to get a shiny but didn't or got a shiny but with the wrong nature: We have done a bit testing.

There may be something wrong with the RNG Reporter. For our example we supposed to have our shiny on the 211th PID frame, Sweet Scent. While the nature was correct it turned out not shiny.
When we looked up the PID it had the PID that supposed to be on the frame after, 212. Now is someone eager to explain what went wrong? The nature is correct but the PIDs on the list are shifed by one.
That said, try the 101st frame. Maybe you have luck and you have a Synch nature there.

It may happen that the PID does not match with the frame while the nature does. We cannot tell exactly why or when that happen.

That said, try the 101st frame. Maybe you have luck and you have a Synch nature there.
I just had a look and yes, it's a synch nature.

Anyway I can get the nature and IVs right -the problem is trying to get it shiny.

A question: Why do you only have half of the seed in the seed box? As you can see, 102 is NOT a Synch nature although the Time Finder says otherwise.

A question: Why do you only have half of the seed in the seed box? As you can see, 102 is NOT a Synch nature although the Time Finder says otherwise.
I dunno but I tried copying my seed again and I got this instead which matches what it says in the time finder -so ignore the last screenshot (I'll delete it in a minute):

Yup, do not forget to recalculate your initial PID frame, then try it again. If 102 does not work, maybe 101 works.

Also, we recommend you to use Hide tags. It makes screenshots easier to handle.

I am currently having problems with RNGing Wondercard.

On the Black 2 Cartrige, I was able to perfectly RNG a Shiny Perfect HP Fire Cresselia, a Shiny Perfect HP Fire Latios. However, I wasn't able to RNG a normal Keldeo from Wondercard.

I read up on all the guides, did everything I could. I even used the generate adjacent seed to see if I hit another Timer0 or no. It seems like I was hitting my seed 0% of the time. I tried 5 different seeds already and it's always the same thing. The sad part is I could not even identify the seed that I hit.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Just for clarification, it was for the Black 2 Cartridge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)