5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

It is just bad luck. The location does not have much to do with the Timer0. We have tried that more than 50 times and only have managed to get the seed right once. Then it turned out that we received Keldeo on the frame after the supposed frame on the main window although the got it on the correct frame. Fuck.

Just in case you ever manage to hit that seed: It may be that you have to aim for the PID frame before the target. We haven't found out why, but it may save you some frustration when you finally can pull this off.

I am currently having problems with RNGing Wondercard.

On the Black 2 Cartrige, I was able to perfectly RNG a Shiny Perfect HP Fire Cresselia, a Shiny Perfect HP Fire Latios. However, I wasn't able to RNG a normal Keldeo from Wondercard.

I read up on all the guides, did everything I could. I even used the generate adjacent seed to see if I hit another Timer0 or no. It seems like I was hitting my seed 0% of the time. I tried 5 different seeds already and it's always the same thing. The sad part is I could not even identify the seed that I hit.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Just for clarification, it was for the Black 2 Cartridge.
Be sure to check the BW2 box just to calculate initial frame when doing PID. Uncheck before clicking generate.

Guess what? I've just successfully RNG'd my first shiny near-flawless legendary! I think that I was simply mis counting the chatots, cos this time I actually looked at the main window for each chatot pitch so that I knew exactly when to stop. Previously, I was just looking at it for the first ten to make sure that I hit my seed. Anyway here's my new pokemon:

#144 Cobalion
Naive
Justified
30|30|30|31|31|31 (HP Ice)
Helping hand
Retaliate
Iron Head
Sacred Sword

Yeah I know the IVs could have been better but it's my first ever RNG and I probably won't be using this one much anyway, it was just for practise... caught it in like six timer balls too.

Also the next thing I wanna try is egg abuse and I was wondering what the main differences was. I think I remember reading somewhere that eggs start on a different frame so I'm assuming that I'll need to change the min/max frame for that?

And thanks to everyone who helped me earlier.

There is one problem in breeding: There are randomly moving NPCs off-screen. Technically you don't start on a differend PID frame but by the time you can control the menu they may have advanced the frame.

We think the Time Finder should be self-explanatory for you by now. Just don't forget to check International Parent in the case you have one.
In the main window, select the correct method, depending on a parent being international or not.
When you are in the game, enter the menu as fast as possible. Then you have to listen to the Chatter to determine on which frame you are. You most likely will not be at the starting frame because or the randomly moving NPCs. When you are on your desired frame, exit the menu and talk to the daycare man as fast as possible.

Hello,
I am quite new to RNG and as I've been wanting to learn for maybe 2 years? I decided to have a go.

Unforthunatley I am unsure how to continue. Do the above print-screens look okay? What I don't understand is how many chatot flips I do and how the pitch comes into the picture, what I think i'm meant to do is go onto chatot's summary 47 times after puting the date/time into my ds and use sweet scent; but when I try it doesn't work. (I am searching in dragonspiral tower outer, no NPC's)
Any help would be appreciated.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
When it comes to the main window of RNG Reporter, you only really need to set the Method, encounter type, sync nature, and the starting frame. That way you see every frame.

You usually shouldn't set the encounter slots in order to see every slot.

But in your case (Mienfoo, we assume) you can sweet scent right away; apparently one of the desired frames is conveniently your initial frame (49 - 49 = 0 for 0 advancements).

As for the pitches, here a short "how-to-deal-with": Your Chatots' custom cries are varied - sometimes lower, sometimes higher. 50 is what you hear when you record the sound, everything lower than 50 is - lower pitched of course and everything higher is higher pitched. Because of the difference between two cries (or the lack therof) you can recognize a pattern that should match with the PID frame list.

on 5th gen wild PIDRNG, were the reporter lists encounter slot, it lists stuff like bug gem, dragon gem, or the number 0-11.

what exactly does that mean?

That is not Wild Encounter, that is Cave Spot. The number indicates the Pokemon that appears on that encounter slot and the item name says you will get that item on that frame.

umm...ok...but does that mean i have to find a PID frame with the encounter slot im looking for, not one that says dragon gem or other gems?

also if i start on frame 49 and need to get to frame 58, is that 10 advances (when i access the summary, the frame is 49) or 9 advances (when i access the summary, the frame is advanced to 50)

Is there any news on when the XP Version of the RNG Reporter comes out?
I've only recently come back to playing BW2 and just finished yesterday. My Mac's busted, so I can only resort to this midget XP Laptop, and I really want to get back quickly into the RNG matters.

You usually shouldn't set the encounter slots in order to see every slot.

But in your case (Mienfoo, we assume) you can sweet scent right away; apparently one of the desired frames is conveniently your initial frame (49 - 49 = 0 for 0 advancements).

As for the pitches, here a short "how-to-deal-with": Your Chatots' custom cries are varied - sometimes lower, sometimes higher. 50 is what you hear when you record the sound, everything lower than 50 is - lower pitched of course and everything higher is higher pitched. Because of the difference between two cries (or the lack therof) you can recognize a pattern that should match with the PID frame list.
I went into my game and used sweet scent, however instead of mienfoo, I got:
Deerling - #585 (Jolly)
HP: 31
Atk: 29-31
Def: 30-31
SpA: 1-7
SpD: 30-31
Spe: 31

Do you have any idea why?
Additionally, for future refrence, do I just go on chatot's summary and hear the cry to advance the frame by one?

I went into my game and used sweet scent, however instead of mienfoo, I got:
Deerling - #585 (Jolly)
HP: 31
Atk: 29-31
Def: 30-31
SpA: 1-7
SpD: 30-31
Spe: 31

Do you have any idea why?
Additionally, for future refrence, do I just go on chatot's summary and hear the cry to advance the frame by one?
You are right about the Chatots. First the correstponing cry, then advancing.

Your screenshot is flawed. Your starting frame supposed to be 48, not 49. Why do you have 49 there?

Anyway, the number of advancements supposed to be 49 - 48 = 1. One Chatot's cry, then sweet scent.

I can't find any shiny seeds. Every RNG i do they are all up to the thousands. Is there anything i can do to get lower shiny frames?
You hopefully have Keypresses enabled. That is the only advice we can give. Keep up searching! We don't give up before 2050.

So I thought I would try and catch a shiny Cottonee, in Lostlorn forest, since there's no wandering NPCs there. I just wondered should I leave the encounter type just as "wild" because Cottonee doesn't appear in "shaking grass" or do I need to choose the later anyway? Also I noticed that the same pokemon can have various encounter slots which for Cottonee are 0, 2, 8 & 10 and I was wondering if I only need to select one or all of those encounter slots? I assume that having more will increase the chances of finding a Cottonee which matches the spread I want. This will be my first attempt at RNGing wild pokemon so I'm a bit unsure on the how-to.

You don't need that when you like to catch a shiny. Everything you need is in the Timer Finder. Check "Search for nearby Shiny Frames", select all encounter slots associated with Cottonee (still in the Timer Finder), the desired nature and the ability. Then you are up for a long time of searching.

I decided not to go for a shiny Cottonee as the search was taking too long, however I'm still trying to find a flawless one. The problem is I keep running into a Swadloon with the nature and IVs I want instead. I had a look in the encounter slot for Lostlorn forest and as far as I'm aware of I've been using the right encounter slots so I have no idea where I'm going wrong. Btw I'm using black version and I've filled out the time finder like this:

-min/max frame 1
-method IVs (standard seed)
-encounter type wild pokemon
-encounter slot 0,2,8,10
-31|31|31|31|31|31
-nature bold
-ability any
-no synch
-gender any
-ratio 50% 50%
-search for nearby shiny frames (not ticked)

The swadloon I keep getting is:

Bold
31|31|31|31|31|31

And I've been using a sweet scenter to initiate wild battles blah, blah, blah...

So where am I going wrong this time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)