5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Tried another seed, went wrong again so I made some printscreens:

In the first screenshot you can see my parameters on top, and below that all the values I entered. The seed in blue is the one I used; 777D8044263265F4

This second screenshot is the main menu of the RNG reporter. Entered the method, encounter type, syncher, seed, then pressed Calculatie Initial PIDRNG frame. 51 appeared, so I had to do 47 chatters. (51 *Initial PIDRNG frame* + 47 *Ammount of Chatters* = 98 *Target IV frame*)

Here's the final screenshot. I entered the date from my seed, entered my Version, Language, DS Type, Mac Address and the seconds. Then I checked Reshirams IV's, and then I pressed Search. As you can see, I got 10F4, and exactly the same seed I aimed for.

With all these screenshots, who can tell me what I did wrong? DS is set to 2013 as well, and the actual second is correct as well.

You're getting the IVRNG and PIDRNG mixed up. You hit the correct seed, but the IVs you're aiming for are on Frame 98; you're getting the IVs on Frame 1. You can see this if you switch to Gen 5 IVs Standard Seed on the main window and make your starting Frame 1. The Chatots only advance the PIDRNG, not IVRNG.

What you have to do is search for another seed with a min/max frame of 1/1 on the Time Finder.

Buckert

Lol, that makes sense. Think I haven't done this in way too long. Anyway, when searching for 1/1 seeds, no shininess, I'm not getting any results. Using exact the same info as on the first screenshot, except min/max now is 1/1.

Buckert

On the top edit your settings and add keypresses (select all the options). This should make your search last much longer.
Thank you sir, totally missed that part. Already thought the searches were so short XD

Thanks to everyone who helped me. :)

Edit: I got my flawless Hasty Reshiram. :D Thanks again everyone!

So im RNGing stationary legends in my white version and ill get a poke on a frame of like 5 but a shiny frame of like 120 or so. So my question: do i have to do chatot calls for shininess or something different?

Also if i put in key presses to my ds parameters from editing them do i have to recalibrate or can i just go on and search seeds without trouble?

So im RNGing stationary legends in my white version and ill get a poke on a frame of like 5 but a shiny frame of like 120 or so. So my question: do i have to do chatot calls for shininess or something different?

Also if i put in key presses to my ds parameters from editing them do i have to recalibrate or can i just go on and search seeds without trouble?
IV frame and PID frame are two different frames. The IV frame (as the name already tells you) is responsible for the IV pattern, the PID frame is responsible for the PID which has to fit to your Trainer ID and your Secret ID in order to get a shiny, thus you have to do Chatot calls in order to get a shiny version.

If you put in key presses, the system automatically looks up seeds you can hit with the keys (automatically registering the variable changes by key pressing). So if the reporter tells you to press A at a specific time to get the seed for your flawless Poké, just hit the button and your time, you don't have any "trouble".

IV frame and PID frame are two different frames. The IV frame (as the name already tells you) is responsible for the IV pattern, the PID frame is responsible for the PID which has to fit to your Trainer ID and your Secret ID in order to get a shiny, thus you have to do Chatot calls in order to get a shiny version.

If you put in key presses, the system automatically looks up seeds you can hit with the keys (automatically registering the variable changes by key pressing). So if the reporter tells you to press A at a specific time to get the seed for your flawless Poké, just hit the button and your time, you don't have any "trouble".
Thanks once again for the help.

Version: Pokemon Black 1

Is it possible to capture Pokemon and use Pokecheck to check IVs as soon as you defeat the first gym? I'm trying to TID/SID RNG and I need the parameters. If so, where would be a place to do that? I caught some Pokemon by walking around and tried the parameter search, but never get any results :(

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Version: Pokemon Black 1

Is it possible to capture Pokemon and use Pokecheck to check IVs as soon as you defeat the first gym? I'm trying to TID/SID RNG and I need the parameters. If so, where would be a place to do that? I caught some Pokemon by walking around and tried the parameter search, but never get any results :(
Yeah, you can do that. Just go into the nearest grass patch, and start at the same time, and catch what you find, then upload to Pokecheck, and input the IVs.

Yeah, you can do that. Just go into the nearest grass patch, and start at the same time, and catch what you find, then upload to Pokecheck, and input the IVs.
Thanks for the quick response.

I am now trying to TID/SID abuse but I'm having some trouble.

I'm a little confused about the "initial frame." When I use PPRNG I don't even see an "initial frame" column. Does that mean the initial frame is 0? When I use RNG Reporter, do I check the "calculate min frame" box? Either way I've tried it 10 times and I still don't have the right ID, and I've successfully TID/SID abused in 4th Gen games. I just want a novelty ID.

Agonist

When you use PPRNG, go to Trainer ID Searcher, and then click on ID frame searcher.

Start up your game, hit your seed, start a new game, and tell Juniper your name without saying no. Mash through the intro crap, and then check what TID you got. Once you can see what you got, enter the necessary information into the window, and fill in the ID you got, click search, and that will tell you your initial frame.

Then just say no to Juniper however many times to advance your frame to the correct one.

For stationary legends i got 2 questions:

1. If it says cute charm for the required lead can i use a synchronizer or do i have to use a poke with cute charm?

2. Can i use all ratio's since pretty much all the legendaries are genderless?

This is in pokemon white.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
1. You will not be able to use Cute Charm frames for legendaries. Ignore those and find one that does not have Cute Charm listed.

2. Yes, you can use all gender ratios. It won't matter as long as the legendary isn't Heatran.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Anyone abuse Meloetta in BW2 yet? The gamestop event? Wondering if it can be shiny
No.

Title: The Mythical Pokémon Meloetta!
ID: 129
Date: 2013-03-04
Used: No
Type: Pokémon
-----------
PID: 0 -> random
Species: Meloetta
Nickname: Meloetta
Nature: Random
Held item: PP Max
Ability: Serene Grace
Origin: Game
Shiny: No
Egg: No

Ball: Cherish Ball

IVs
HP: Random
Attack: Random
Defense: Random
S. Attack: Random
S. Defense: Random
Speed: Random
Contest stats
Cool: 0
Beauty: 0
Cute: 0
Smart: 0
Tough: 0
Sheen: 0

Attack 1: Round
Attack 2: Teeter Dance
Attack 3: Psychic
Attack 4: Close Combat

OT: SPR2013\FFFF
ID: 3013 0
Ribbons
Wishing Ribbon

So im trying to RNG a shiny HP rock 70 virizion and im having problems.

Frame:1
Shiny:46
Keypress:down

But whenever i do the keypress down i think something changes because i get a different natured virizion non shiny with crappy iv's.

I did a test just now and i got the virizion i wanted but it was not shiny. I did 45 chatot calls to get it. It has the right iv's and nature but no shininess. Can someone tell me what i did wrong? Can provide more info if needed.

Agonist

That's not how it works...

What IV frame are you using, and what is the initial PID frame for the seed you're using (screenshots would help).

Agonist

Okay, so that's IV frame 1, but the PIDRNG frame is 46. iirc (haven't used RNGR for quite some time), 42 is the initial PIDRNG frame, so you'd need to do four chatters, then talk to Virizion

So i've spent all yesterday and this morning calibrating.

I'm using W2 on a DSi and these were my timer0's

167C - 10
1672 - 5
1675 - 4
1671 - 3
1677 - 3
166F - 6
1673 - 2
1676 - 3
1679 - 2

166D
167B
166B
167D

I'm considering just setting my timer0 to 167C since that was my most common, and just retrying for it if i don't hit it, is this a good idea? or should i use some sort of range? or switch to a different specific common timer0 i've hit to try from time to time?

I would suggest that you use a specific range when searching for seeds, as you (theoretically) can hit all timer0 variables of the range you input, you have more possibilities (and thus results) when searching for some good spreads. From what I remember (on my own cartride), I have a range of like 5 variables or something like that, as 1675, 1676, 1677 and 167C are quite often (and also 1679 is there 2 times), I would try using a range from 1675 to 167C. For the future, if you notice that one timer0 of this range is very hard to hit, you can just write down that timer0 and skip any results using that timer0 and if it is a timer0 at an end of your range, you can completely let it out at all.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
167C is good enough. It won't do you much good when you find a seed on an uncommon Timer0 and then you have to try over, and over, and over, and over again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)