5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Does anyone have an up to date guide to RNG Dream Radar pokemon? I'm aware that there is no Dream Radar Support for RNG Reporter and I don't own a Mac, so I was wondering what is the most up to date guide to doing so on RNG Reporter.

I found a seed that requires a cute charm (50% female) as a lead. Do these kind of leads work for genderless pokemon ( latios) or should I just find another seed to hit?

The front page still says that Windows can't run RNG reorter, and this holds true for my XP. As I have access to a MAC for now, I decided to check for guides for BW2 (specifically this spinner calibration I've read about, which I can't seem to re-find a guide for) and found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEGeZ2ZE-V8.

This person is apparently using 9.95.6 on a Windows? I'm confused. Is there some sort of way around for windows users?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
9.96.5 works on Windows Vista and onwards due to requiring .NET framework 4.5. It seems the person who made that video made a mistake.

If you're using a Mac you may as well just stick with PPRNG.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I found a seed that requires a cute charm (50% female) as a lead. Do these kind of leads work for genderless pokemon ( latios) or should I just find another seed to hit?
That seed will only work on a Pokémon with a 50% male/50% female gender ratio.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The only legendary you'll be able to use CC on is Heatran, due to the 50/50 chance of being a certain gender. Voodoo explained the rest above.

I've got two questions, I setted on RNG Reporter all profile informations. First, time required on Time Finder is the time i must (re)boot my ds right ? Secondly, it mentions a timer0 number, how do i know when i boot my ds i got that correctly ?

1. It depends on the way you enter the game, the DS and which timer you use. The time given supposed to be the actual second, opposed to the time you press the button as there is a slight delay because of the booting. You find out the difference by calibrating, see "Actual Seconds".
2. By calibrating; unfortunately you have no influence on that bad boy, so good luck. Also, you can try to verify your seed by listening to the pattern of Chatot's custom cries (required for the actual RNG process), but that requires you to find out your most common Timer0 by calibrating first.

Ok, the booting time of the DSi is slightly longer that the one of the lite but it is still consistent. We pretend you use that Black edition you show off in your signature so that is going to be easy - we think. We just assume tabula rasa, so skip to the point you are.

Before you can use the Time Finder you have to find your parameters witht he "DS Parameter Search". The calibration section on-site is sufficient. Do it roughly ten times to find your most commen Timer0. Also, pay attention to the Actual Seconds and find the difference between them and the seconds at which you press A to enter the game. Just keep that number in mind.

More questions?

I'm still completely lost on how to RNG abuse the game, mainly because most guides are really dated, especially YouTube videos. I was able to find my DS Lite's seed but that's as far as I can get.

I'm trying to get a flawless shiny Deino in Pokemon White. I know that's kind of a big goal for my first RNG but I'd like to just learn how to do it. If somebody could give me the step by step instructions that would help me immensely. I've been excited to finally RNG abuse now that I've gotten my DS Lite back.

I'm still completely lost on how to RNG abuse the game, mainly because most guides are really dated, especially YouTube videos. I was able to find my DS Lite's seed but that's as far as I can get.

I'm trying to get a flawless shiny Deino in Pokemon White. I know that's kind of a big goal for my first RNG but I'd like to just learn how to do it. If somebody could give me the step by step instructions that would help me immensely. I've been excited to finally RNG abuse now that I've gotten my DS Lite back.
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part2 This guide will help.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
To do that, you would need to download eontimer
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81513
Just so people don't think it is absolutely required (it is certainly helpful, of course), you can RNG just fine on a DSi or 3DS without using EonTimer or something similar. You just need to use an external clock that displays seconds (for example, the clock on your computer) and reset your DSi/3DS time when the seconds change to 00, 30, or some other number which is convenient for you.

Iim having trouble trying to RNG on pokemon white. I've gotten the pokemon in the daycare, international and ditto parent. I've found the seed I want to hit. i calculate egg frame and set the things accordingly but my chatot chats never match up. do you know what I can do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)