5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Oh that would explain it. Sorry for assuming that you were playing on a B/W2 cart. Most problems involving Kyurem happen to be the issue that I described earlier.

An easy way to find your SID is to upload anything that you captured or bred to www.pokecheck.org. If you have any problems with how to use the site, feel free to ask for help in the shoutbox. Good luck with your RNG. ^_^

my friend, i did exactly that a little before your post. i'm now in possession of a badass shiny kyruem. now to ev train and sub stall everyone i know.

thanks again!

I'm trying to RNG a mixed Girantina in Platinum (which requires a Lonely Flawless spread) but the Timefinder isn't finding anything for lonely, anyone know how to find a flawless lonely spread?

Thanks!

I have a couple of questions. Is it possible to transfer over my parameters from PPRNG to RNGReporter's profile? I want to abuse my TID on Heart Gold and tried to do this but got an error message stating that the info I put in was invalid. Do I have to calibrate using RNGReporter to get valid data? Also there is a box for something called gxstat that is not present in PPRNG. What is this and how do I find it? I tried googling all of this but I didn't find answers.

Now regarding TID and PIDs. I understand that the point of TID abuse is to get a TID/SID for flawless shiny Pokemon but the process in the onsite guide is to look for a PID and use whatever TID goes with it (if I am understanding it correctly). I want to know if it is possible to do it the other way around. I want a TID of 12005 (I don't care what the SID is). Can I input the TID and find a decent PID from that, or am I limited to using whatever the program gives me?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
You should be able to transfer it no problem. GxStat is always 6 when starting from the main menu - that's why PPRNG doesn't have a box for that.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying to RNG a mixed Girantina in Platinum (which requires a Lonely Flawless spread) but the Timefinder isn't finding anything for lonely, anyone know how to find a flawless lonely spread?

Thanks!
There are no hexflawless Lonely spreads in Method J, so you'll have to drop some stats to 30. Also, 4th gen questions should go in this thread.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I have a couple of questions. Is it possible to transfer over my parameters from PPRNG to RNGReporter's profile? I want to abuse my TID on Heart Gold and tried to do this but got an error message stating that the info I put in was invalid. Do I have to calibrate using RNGReporter to get valid data?
PPRNG and RNGReporter produce exactly the same parameters, so there's no problem to switch from one to the other. Reporter requires GxStat to be set (always 6, as Hozu mentioned), though.

For Gen 4 (you mentioned Heart Gold), there are no parameters, and no calibration nowadays. The parameters in PPRNG and RNGReproter are only used for Gen 5 games.

Also, PPRNG supports TID abuse and most other features of Gen 4, so if that is why you are switching then you don't need to (though please use whichever program works best for you).

PPRNG and RNGReporter produce exactly the same parameters, so there's no problem to switch from one to the other. Reporter requires GxStat to be set (always 6, as Hozu mentioned), though.

For Gen 4 (you mentioned Heart Gold), there are no parameters, and no calibration nowadays. The parameters in PPRNG and RNGReproter are only used for Gen 5 games.

Also, PPRNG supports TID abuse and most other features of Gen 4, so if that is why you are switching then you don't need to (though please use whichever program works best for you).
First, thank you for creating such an awesome program! and for your response.

I use PPRNG for everything 5th gen but I find 4th gen abuse to be easier with RNG Reporter for whatever reason (probably because EonTimer isn't compatible with Macs). The reason I brought up parameters is because RNG Reporter requires that you have a registered profile before you can use Pandora's Box, which is required for TID abuse. I still don't understand whether I can use my chosen ID and then find a PID or what I have to do to find a usable PID with that ID (12005), though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a question regarding the capture of the Therian forms in Dream Radar. I have learned how to RNG regular slot 1 Pokemon and now I want to move on to Therian. The only difference I can see is the following...

"The Therian's frames can be considered to essentially start on frame 21 rather than 8 for the IVRNG, and Initial frame + 7 for the PIDRNG."

I'm a little confused as to what they mean by a starting frame of 21, if anyone can make this clear, that would be great!

anyways, assuming I'm using this formula:

Seed: 00D3948F196DA358 (January/Febuary 2013)

((38 - 8) / 2) = 15 times

(54 + 2) + (15 x 2) = Frame 86 (Which would give me a Quirky nature)

Would the new formula be this?

((54 + 7) + (15 x 2) = Frame 91?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I would like other people's feedback since I cannot redo it if I make a mistake

Thank you!

Would the new formula be this?

((54 + 7) + (15 x 2) = Frame 91?
As Therians advance the IVRNG by an additional 13 frames, you would need to choose a target spread that is on an odd numbered frame. Also your formula would have been: ((target - 21) / 2) for the number of advances required. I would recommend that you test all seeds you plan to use for Therians on a slot two Pokémon with two gendered Pokémon first though.

As Therians advance the IVRNG by an additional 13 frames, you would need to choose a target spread that is on an odd numbered frame. Also your formula would have been: ((target - 21) / 2) for the number of advances required. I would recommend that you test all seeds you plan to use for Therians on a slot two Pokémon with two gendered Pokémon first though.
I see, that would mean I would have to find a fairly high odd frame :/

I guess that's not really a problem! So basically if I use the following seed...

Seed: D52C972830DB3322

Target frame: 29, Initial PIDRNG frame: 49

Then my new formula would be this?

((29 - 21) / 2) = 4

((49 + 7) + (4 x 2) = Frame 64?

I am attempting to RNG a wild shiny flawless metagross on BW1. I set the enounter type to "Wild pokemon (shaking grass)", and checked the encounet slots to 9 and 11. My target IV frame is 9. I walk 512 steps with 2 pokemon on my party near the grass then interact with the shaking spot. "Walking or turning in an area with wild Pokemon increases frame advances 2 per step." Does this also happen when I am not walking on the grass? I want to know if I am still on my Initial PID frame when I have advanced the IV frame to 9.

It does not when you walk outside of the grass, though we don't know if "stepping in" does advance the PID frame.

A more personal question: Why exactly Metagross? Metang is much easier to find and is quasi indistinguishable from a Metagross, especially the one from Encounter Slot 9 because it appears on the same level (55).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
You will not be on your initial PID frame. Even ignoring any steps you may have to take through the grass to get to your shaking spot, generating the spot (and checking for it every time it isn't generated) also advances the frame. Use Chatot pitches if you can to figure out what frame you're on (do it on the last step before entering the shaking patch - actually entering the patch doesn't cause any extra advancements in my experience).

The RNG Reporter appears not to have a method for that.

But if we absolutely must try it somehow, we would start with the Cave Spot Method. This is the only one which actually consider items. And do not forget that moving on the bridge advance your PID frame by 2 per step.

Additionally, do not forget to check its IVs. The Encounter slots appear to be the same between Shaking Grass and Cave Spots but the natures don't always match. It may be analogue to the shadow spots.

Addendum: It appears like the IVs are always the same, regardless which kind of wild Pokemon (checked). We haven't found a specific nature yet, so you might continue with a Synchronizer.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
The RNG Reporter appears not to have a method for that.

But if we absolutely must try it somehow, we would start with the Cave Spot Method. This is the only one which actually consider items. And do not forget that moving on the bridge advance your PID frame by 2 per step.

Additionally, do not forget to check its IVs. The Encounter slots appear to be the same between Shaking Grass and Cave Spots but the natures don't always match. It may be analogue to the shadow spots.

Addendum: It appears like the IVs are always the same, regardless which kind of wild Pokemon (checked). We haven't found a specific nature yet, so you might continue with a Synchronizer.
This is completely wrong. Dust Spots =/= bridge spots. They have their own PID encounter method. Additionally, just because they both have item encounters doesn't mean it's the same.

And finally, walking on the bridge doesn't consistently advance the PIDRNG.

We have never said that they are the same. We just would start there somehow when using RNG Reporter. PPRNG might have a method for that so you probably know better.

And since we still haven't found a suitable nature in twenty minutes we might just try the shotgun procedure: Aim the the correct IVs and randomly engage combat until the Synchronizer kicks in.

I see, that would mean I would have to find a fairly high odd frame :/

I guess that's not really a problem! So basically if I use the following seed...

Seed: D52C972830DB3322

Target frame: 29, Initial PIDRNG frame: 49

Then my new formula would be this?

((29 - 21) / 2) = 4

((49 + 7) + (4 x 2) = Frame 64?
Yes, those calculations should be correct to hit your target frames (that is if you want a careful nature.)

When attempting to RNG the marvellous bridge Magikarp on B2 I noticed something odd. When I had hit the wrong seed due to timer0 fluctuations, the Magikarp that I received was consistently Alert to Sounds and after checking with the IV judge appeared to always have a 31 speed IV. This also occurred for random soft resets as well, leading me to believe that the Magikarp is biased to always have a flawless speed IV. I was wondering, has anybody else noticed this as well?

Hi, I have some question in black 2 about the in-game trades with curtis/yancy
1)after calling curtis/yancy 30 times, do i need to wait a whole day until they trade with me? Or can I simply set my ds clocl to 23:59 and quickly enter the game before it turns midnoght?
2) Is there any order in which they trade their Pokemon?
3) Can I simply soft reset in order to change the gender/species of the received Pokemon?
4)Is the gender of those dream world Pokemon based on the same probabibly when encountering as wild versions or is there a set ratio like in the hidden grottos?

1) You actually have to call them 50 times. Anyways, it only works once a day. As with daily events, it is not recommended to use the cart on a different DS or to change the clock. Otherwise you would keep getting Meowths or Mankeys.
2. There is. Take a look. Of course only as long as you don't change the clock, otherwise you would have to start over again.
3. Yes, you can.
4. We have the feeling that males are a bit more common, but that might be just our imagination.

Those questions look more like Simple Questions that questions about RNG. You might want to ask in the Wifi SQSA or in the Orange Island SQSA for those kind of questions.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
1) You actually have to call them 50 times. Anyways, it only works once a day. As with daily events, it is not recommended to use the cart on a different DS or to change the clock. Otherwise you would keep getting Meowths or Mankeys.
I got my first trade offer on the 31st call...

Another question: Can the eevee from castelia city be RNG´ed as shiny? And there aren´t any moving NPC´s in Fennel´s lab, right? Is it considered as "Gift Pokemon" in time finder?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)