5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

It is a Gift Pokemon. There are several things to keep in mind:

1. Receiving it advances the PID frame by 1.
2. It appears like it cannot be shiny.

I just got the Meloetta Event in my Black 1. To RNG it, I just have a few questions
1. What PokeCenter Has No Moving NPC's?
2. It Cannot Be Shiny, Correct?
3. Do Any Of The Frames Advance When Getting It?

I just found my parameters of my DS, using the IVRNG Non-C Gear method. I want to catch an Adamant 31/31/31/X/31/31 Boldore in Victory Road B2, in the cave where you fight your rival. I just want to make sure that I'm doing it right before I move on to places with NPCs. I have a few questions, though.
  • Why is it important to redo the DS parameter search with keypresses? I only bothered with finding my parameter without keypresses, and I found a consistent result.
  • What happens if I get a crazy frame in the thousands? I have three Chatots that I can use.
  • In EonTimer, I set the seconds to 30 when I was doing my Parameter search, then put the Second Hit to 37, since that's what I got (on my 3DS). The number in the Calibration slot turned to -484, and the seconds to the right changed to 22:11. Is this normal?
  • How do I check which frame I'm on? How do I check if I hit my target frame?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I just found my parameters of my DS, using the IVRNG Non-C Gear method. I want to catch an Adamant 31/31/31/X/31/31 Boldore in Victory Road B2, in the cave where you fight your rival. I just want to make sure that I'm doing it right before I move on to places with NPCs. I have a few questions, though.
  • Why is it important to redo the DS parameter search with keypresses? I only bothered with finding my parameter without keypresses, and I found a consistent result.
  • What happens if I get a crazy frame in the thousands? I have three Chatots that I can use.
  • In EonTimer, I set the seconds to 30 when I was doing my Parameter search, then put the Second Hit to 37, since that's what I got (on my 3DS). The number in the Calibration slot turned to -484, and the seconds to the right changed to 22:11. Is this normal?
  • How do I check which frame I'm on? How do I check if I hit my target frame?
1) you don't have to; keypresses don't affect your parameters
2) iv frame or pid frame? Wait what? You shouldn't be looking at frames so high to being with. Just don't.
3)you're not supposed to input the second hit into eon timer; it is only for you to know how many seconds before the time stated in the reporter you need to turn your game on. Like if you need to hit time 13:45:47; you would set the timer to 40 seconds in eontimer as you now know there's a 7 seconds delay.
4)chatter pitches. if you get the pokemon you wanted.

Synch frames working for BW2?

Hi, i'm new to RNG and have a few quick questions:

I'm trying to IV RNG for a Zweilous in the Victory Road cave map before N's castle on black 2.
Using a synch lead for modest nature.

I hit the correct Timer0 about every 10 tries or so.
After I advance the PIDRNG frame to the target and capture.
I get the correct encounter slot, IV, and PID. However, the nature synchronize didn't work like the bold indicated on RNG reporter.

- Encounters slots is tied to PIDRNG in BW2 correct?

- Is the bold 'synchronized frame' indicator working on RNG reporter for BW2? Is Nature synch tied to PIDRNG frames or is it purely 50/50 random now?

- Is the 'calculate initial PIDRNG frame' function working/accurate for BW2?

- I find turning/walking in cave each time only advance the PIDRNG frame by 1. Is this correct?

- Does using an item advance the PIDRNG frame? Because I've been using Honey instead of sweet scent for encountering.

The encounter slot and PID match...However, the nature is still jolly = didn't synch

Any advice on what I should do please? The next natural Modest nature is at frame 240+...

Thanks...

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hello there dear! Here is what I can answer for you~

1~ Encounter slots, gender, nature, shininess, ability- everything BUT IVs- is tied to the PID Frame.

2~ Last time I checked, yes; it's working. Wheter the synchronizer will work or not is also tied to the PID frame.

3~ last time I checked, yes; it's working.

4~ yes, both turning and walking advance the PID by 1 if done separately. By that I mean that if you turn and walk at the same time the PID frame will advance more than once. You can find details in the first page of this thread.

5~ using Honey does not advance the PID by itself, but it's animation takes a longer time so if you're in an area with wandering npcs, they have a better chance of moving and therefore advancing the PID frame.

After answer all those questions I want you to know what you're doing wrong. Do you see a small tab right below the encounter time of the pokemon? This is in the main page of the reporter, by the way. You're supposed to let the reporter know that 1) you're using a synchronizer and 2) its nature.

Do that and let me know if you encounter any other rocks along the way.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm RNG abusing Thundurus at this moment, I was mashing A and now I caught a Hasty Thundurus, which I think is frame 445. Is frame 445 possible?

Edit: @ Cereza: I thought turning advanced the PID frame with 2? Or is that only in BW?

Hello there dear! Here is what I can answer for you~

1~ Encounter slots, gender, nature, shininess, ability- everything BUT IVs- is tied to the PID Frame.

2~ Last time I checked, yes; it's working. Wheter the synchronizer will work or not is also tied to the PID frame.

3~ last time I checked, yes; it's working.

4~ yes, both turning and walking advance the PID by 1 if done separately. By that I mean that if you turn and walk at the same time the PID frame will advance more than once. You can find details in the first page of this thread.

5~ using Honey does not advance the PID by itself, but it's animation takes a longer time so if you're in an area with wandering npcs, they have a better chance of moving and therefore advancing the PID frame.

After answer all those questions I want you to know what you're doing wrong. Do you see a small tab right below the encounter time of the pokemon? This is in the main page of the reporter, by the way. You're supposed to let the reporter know that 1) you're using a synchronizer and 2) its nature.

Do that and let me know if you encounter any other rocks along the way.
thanks for the reply

I tried clicking Synchronize and choosing the nature of the lead.
All it does was changing the bold faced natures to the nature that I inputted....The frame results displayed doesn't change .

I'm still somehow hitting those supposedly synchronized frames but without synchronize working....(as in the screenshot - frame 61, I hit the frame and got that PID. But instead of synchronized to my lead's nature I actually got Jolly...)
I tried a few other close bold frames and got the same results - the nature displayed rather than synchronized.
I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong... =\

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
@buckert: You're right!

I'm sorry gundambut, that was my bad. I believe I was also wrong about the turning+walking, it's not that advances the frames by more than 2, but rather that it can be erratic and mess up your frames.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
thanks for the reply

I tried clicking Synchronize and choosing the nature of the lead.
All it does was changing the bold faced natures to the nature that I inputted....The frame results displayed doesn't change .

I'm still somehow hitting those supposedly synchronized frames but without synchronize working....(as in the screenshot - frame 61, I hit the frame and got that PID. But instead of synchronized to my lead's nature I actually got Jolly...)
I tried a few other close bold frames and got the same results - the nature displayed rather than synchronized.
I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong... =\
This might sound silly but still,
1~ make sure yours lead ability is actually synchronize
2~ make sure yours lead's nature is modest

You can RNG double grass pokemon, right? Can I control the PID so that I can have two shiny pokemon appear? I know that I am only able to catch one but I want to show off. :P

Using sweet scent advances the PID frame by 1 everywhere! Hasn't this happened to anyone here before?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You can RNG double grass pokemon, right? Can I control the PID so that I can have two shiny pokemon appear? I know that I am only able to catch one but I want to show off. :P

Using sweet scent advances the PID frame by 1 everywhere! Hasn't this happened to anyone here before?
In theory, you could. But there isn't any point, since as you yourself said, you can only catch one.

And Sweet Scent doesn't advance the PID at all.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm RNG abusing Thundurus at this moment, I was mashing A and now I caught a Hasty Thundurus, which I think is frame 445. Is frame 445 possible?

Edit: @ Cereza: I thought turning advanced the PID frame with 2? Or is that only in BW?
Nevermind, got this already.

Now, with another Thundurus, it was raining when I came out of the house. What does this do with my PID? Shiny frame is on 536, could I still get that?

Edit: Just caught a Bashful Thundurus. Starting to check frames from 450~, I found 494 being Bashful, and 554 after that. Which one could it be?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Rain advances the PIDRNG by ~60 fps iirc. So 536 won't be possible.

Edit: <3 jedi

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nevermind, got this already.

Now, with another Thundurus, it was raining when I came out of the house. What does this do with my PID? Shiny frame is on 536, could I still get that?
Didn't Emily answer this?

Actually it's around 600-610s if no weather, and 1750s if there's rain, for Tornadus that is.
And 450-460s if no weather, and 1680s if there's rain, for Thundurus.

I still don't know about snow/hail... =P
Yes, weather advances the PID. As for hitting your target PID frame, all I can say is unless you RNGed a specific TID/SID to account for the genie, good luck.

Edit: Agonist, put away your ninja.

2) iv frame or pid frame? Wait what? You shouldn't be looking at frames so high to being with. Just don't.
What's are those...?

I took your advice and I found frames in frame 1-50 in the Time Finder, and I found a few seeds that I could use. (I found frames in the thousands because I set the max frame to 10000.) But I seriously don't understand... what is the IV fram and the PID frame? What am I advancing when I do Chatot flips?

EDIT: Also, my Target PID Frame - Initial PID frame is 0... does that mean that I don't have to do any Chatot flips? Does it mean that I have to walk 128*15 steps (I have 3 Pokemon in my party)?

For you, it is only important to know there is a frame that partially governs your IVs and one for the rest (nature, ability, gender), the PID frame.

The IV frame usually should be left at 1, just because it is comparatively hard to advance. Do as she says and leave the Min/Max frame in the Time Finder at 1.

The Chatots' cries advance the PID frame.

Edit: Yes, when the difference is 0 and there are no moving NPCs in that area, you don't need to advance your PID frame. But you should find a new seed with the desired IVs at the 1st IV frame.

Thing is, I can't find anything that I want on Frame 1 in the Time Finder (which is 31/31/31/X/31/31, Adamant). I'm not sure why it's not appearing.

You have options:

1. Try different years!
2. Enable button presses - edit your profile, upper right corner of Time Finder! It may lenghten the searching process but it is almost save to say that you will find results.

Edit: The Agonist, we don't know if the person at hand is using PPRNG or RNG Reporter (we assume the latter). The RNG Reporter does not require us to give a maximum PID frame for non-shiny Pokemon. Just to clear out some confusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)