5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to the RNG abuse game. I'm using PPRNG because I'm running a Mac. While I've found moderate success so far, I have not yet been able to get the PID part correct. I'll give my current specific problem. On black 2, I want a careful sturdy Aron with all 31 IVs and I'm using a synchronize pokemon as my lead. If I'm not mistaken, Aron is in encounter slots 4, 6, 8, and 10 in mistralton cave. I found a seed, initial frame is 55, target frame is 70. Unfortunately after the 15 chatot flips i encounter a Boldore instead of an Aron. Now I know that I'm hitting the seed because the Boldore has the right IVs. I had the same problems when trying to RNG pokemon on white version as well and I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have all the parameters filled out except secret ID which shouldn't be a problem if I'm not looking for shiny pokemon right?

Also I wanted to express that I have consistently gotten the IV frame correct in other locations, but again I've never gotten the pokemon that the encounter slot in PPRNG says I should get.

I'm sorry if i have not fully made clear what my problem is and I appreciate any help you can offer.

Where exacty in the Mistralton Cave are you? You probably already know that randomly moving NPCs are advancing the PID frame irregularly, but it doesn't hurt to ask anyways.

Well I was on the first floor but I had forgotten about one of the hikers on the bottom floor that randomly turns so I went to the guidance chamber where the only NPC is the old man that tells you about Cobalion. I tried again there but unfortunately my timer0 was off by one but this gives me another example of what I was talking about. PPRNG predicted that with the altered timer0, after 15 chatot flips, I would encounter a pokemon in encounter slot 7 that was female and had a relaxed nature. What I encountered was a male level 30 axew (which could be encounter slots 7, 9 or 11) with a quiet nature. Keep in mind my lead pokemon is a Careful Synchro so according to PPRNG it should not have had a quiet nature regardless.

What about the adjacent PID frames of the other seed? Was its nature anywhere near the target frame (addendum: do not forget that the other seed may have another starting frame)?

Well i'm not really sure what i'm looking for with the adjacent PID frames. What I did was click on the box that says "Adjacents" in PPRNG and I found a near match. With the timer0 off by 1 and 60 PID advancements it had a Quiet nature male with the same IVs and characteristic as the Axew I found but it had encounter slot 3 which would be a level 28 Woobat instead of a level 30 Axew.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Try going into the Regi's room. Lairon uses the same encounter slots, and there aren't any WNPCs.

Ok so here is what happened in the Regi's room. I hit the target IV frame again, ended up with a Boldore. when I checked in the adjacents tab it showed that if I was on PID frame 97 I would end up with the female Boldore with the nature and characteristic, with its 50% held item. Again the initial PID frame was 55 and I did 15 chatot flips. I don't have any pokemon in the daycare so I don't understand why my PID is so far off.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Short question about Thundurus again. Did 520 Chatters, gave me frame 964 or 985, after that I did 20 more Chatters (540), which gave me either 996 or 1016. Shiny frame is on 1011.

I guess I got the 1016 with 540 Chatters, but I'm not sure. Mashed A pretty hard, but who can confirm I got 1016? Characteristics are shown as well.

Sweet scent does not work if it is not Summer, right? Is there a way to get rid of the snow/rain? I want to RNG some pokemon on route 7.

I just realised that it can also rain on Summer :/.

It seems that it only rains on specific days during the summer.
Example: It rains on the 10th of February but not on the first.

I've not been around in some time, so I need some help getting up to speed on a few things, and if someone can point me in the right way of a "manual" for some things!

1. Whats changed between RNG-ing on a DSLite & a 3DS?
2. If you use the clock on the 3DS, do you just have to keep a track of the seconds yourself, or is there a way to see it on the 3DS?
3. Is there a guide to RNG-ing on White 2? Other than there being more Timer0's is there anything else worth knowing for it?
4. The Pokemon you get from Dream Radar, can they be RNG'd? If so how?

I've just finished the game (6 months its taken...) and I wanna get back in to the swing of RNG-ing!

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
I've not been around in some time, so I need some help getting up to speed on a few things, and if someone can point me in the right way of a "manual" for some things!

1. Whats changed between RNG-ing on a DSLite & a 3DS?
2. If you use the clock on the 3DS, do you just have to keep a track of the seconds yourself, or is there a way to see it on the 3DS?
3. Is there a guide to RNG-ing on White 2? Other than there being more Timer0's is there anything else worth knowing for it?
4. The Pokemon you get from Dream Radar, can they be RNG'd? If so how?

I've just finished the game (6 months its taken...) and I wanna get back in to the swing of RNG-ing!
1) In the profile you would choose the DS type, and some of the parameters would be different (notably Timer0 is higher). Also, the game takes 8 seconds to start from the main DS menu instead of 1 second on the Lite.
2) There is no way to see the seconds on a 3DS. You'll have to sync it with an external clock.
3) Black 2 and White 2 are essentially the same as Black and White. The only major differences are noted in the existing on-site guides.
4) Yes they can be RNG'd, though RNG Reporter does not have a specific tool for it. Someone wrote a guide for it using the Researcher tool, but I don't have a link. PPRNG supports it with it's own tool.

Thanks guys :)

Edit: which is the best pkmn centre to RNG wonder cards in?

Edit 2: anyone got a link to the guide on RNG-ing through dream radar?

Everyone says Castelia City because it is the earliest but I'd say Nimbasa City because the IV checker is right around the corner.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Which time is used to calculate the initial seed? The one when we choose the game on the DS screen, or when we choose Continue on the title menu?

Does one have to hold a button the whole time until the Nintendo logo appears, or is pressing the button once after choosing the game on the DS screen enough? Say, if I press A to choose my Black 2 and accidentally press A right after, will that count as a keypress?

Which time is used to calculate the initial seed? The one when we choose the game on the DS screen, or when we choose Continue on the title menu?
A bit of the first, when you boot the game. You just have to take into consideration that the game takes a bit time to start, depending on the DS type you are using. So you have press A a bit earlier; you should determine the time yourself via calibration: Remember the time when you press the button to enter the game and find out the "actual seconds". The difference is the time it takes to boot the game.
For example, my game takes 1 second to boot. When I want game the game start at 30, we have to press A at the 29th second to enter the game

Does one have to hold a button the whole time until the Nintendo logo appears, or is pressing the button once after choosing the game on the DS screen enough? Say, if I press A to choose my Black 2 and accidentally press A right after, will that count as a keypress?
Just hold them until the star appears. We don't understand from your wording when you let A go but as long as you don't slip you shouldn't worry to much about it.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Just hold them until the star appears. We don't understand from your wording when you let A go but as long as you don't slip you shouldn't worry to much about it.
I meant that simply I don't hold it, but wanted to know if accidentally pressing it once before the Nintendo logo appears would count as a keypress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)