5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
tbh, it's easier to just keep resetting if you don't get the nature you want, rather than going for a specific frame.

That's what I was going to try initially, but I'm still not certain about the time in which IVs are set. As I understand it, the IVs are determined after exiting the house, talking to Thundurus/Tornadus, then they are released and IVs are set. I'm still not sure so I'm asking whether I should be saving in the old lady's house after talking to them in front of the door or would it be okay to save prior to talking to them?

Agonist

Um... no. IVs are set upon you hitting your seed or not, and you won't advance it unless for some reason you're walking around in the house.

Just save inside, in front of the door, hit your seed, catch the genie, if it's the right nature, keep, otherwise reset, and repeat.

I've tested many times now and I've found my parameters for White. I don't understand why my Timer0 keeps changing. I ignore when I get more than 1 result, but I'm sure for many people their Timer0 changes slightly with held buttons. I usually get 12BB, with held buttons I got 12BC, now I tested again without holding any buttons as I did before and got 12BC. This confuses me, so from now on I guess I should just use held buttons, right?

My Vcount is consistent but as usual the actual seed fluctuates between 29-31 (I always set my seconds to 30, hit "a" at 28 because I'm on a DSi), which is why syncing is hard, it's the most tedious part of the whole RNG process for me.

Keypresses have nothing to do with the Timer0, the hints at the first page are slightly outdated. The only thing you can do is using an external timer with milisecond display and praying. Use the Timer0 you get more often.

With "seed" you mean "actual seconds"? In that case you have to make sure the difference between it and your pressing seconds are constant. Using an external timer with milisecond display like EonTimer helps in that regard, especially when you are using DSi onwards.

I got a result in the find seed hit box today. Too bad it's higher than the frame I'm meant to subtract it from. At least I'm doing something right...

Btw is the Latios in Black 2 a stationary or roamer?

I figured since I'm gonna RNG my TID SID for a shiny Snivy I might as well do it so that I can use the same seed for Latios.

Agonist

Lati@s in BW2 are stationary. Just save a step before you encounter them. Also, make sure you battle the little boy in the doubles grass so he doesn't move around before you go to RNG it.

I'm going to RNG Uxie in B2, but there are WNPCs everywhere. If I KO it, will it respawn someplace else, or am I dreaming in colo(u)r and going to have to deal with it?

Keypresses don't have any effect on the Timer0.
Keypresses have nothing to do with the Timer0, the hints at the first page are slightly outdated. The only thing you can do is using an external timer with milisecond display and praying. Use the Timer0 you get more often.

With "seed" you mean "actual seconds"? In that case you have to make sure the difference between it and your pressing seconds are constant. Using an external timer with milisecond display like EonTimer helps in that regard, especially when you are using DSi onwards.
Alright, I did like 5 more trials and I do get 12BB even with held buttons. Does it moving up to 12BC mean I'm not syncing times properly?

I don't get how Eontimer knows I'm using a DSi because it works just fine with it's default calibration "-95" setting (for 30 target seconds, it's 28:61), maybe it's made for DSi's delay and those of you with DS/3dS have to change it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYSHAga0Q3Q in his tutorial his Timer0 fluctuated up 1 just like the first post warns. Somehow he still got his pokemon using the higher Timer0.

The EonTimer doesn't know you are using a DSi, you do. When you calibrate you will see a column named "actual seconds". Compare it with the EonTimer setting and remember the difference.

For example, when my sister did that she intended to press A to enter the game at 25 (EonTimer setting). The actual seconds from the calibrations were 28.
Now, whenever she wants to hit a seed she set the EonTimer 3 seconds before the target - 22 when shen wants to boot at 25.
That's the easy solution because we don't want to mess with EonTimer.

Two Timer0 are nothing out of ordinary for BW. Just stick on the one you think is more common and keep your timing straight.

I'm really not sure Why I'm not hitting my seed, It tells me I am hitting my time, and the Timer0 seems to not have changed. Perhaps someone can find something I missed in these? The first seed of the first screenshot is the one I was trying to use. It tells me, when using the DS PARAMETERS and plugging in ivs, that I hit my time, but the ivs are not the same as the seed.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/MrMeowser/media/Screenshot_1.png.html

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/MrMeowser/media/Screenshot_2.png.html?sort=3&o=0

I'm really not sure Why I'm not hitting my seed, It tells me I am hitting my time, and the Timer0 seems to not have changed. Perhaps someone can find something I missed in these? The first seed of the first screenshot is the one I was trying to use. It tells me, when using the DS PARAMETERS and plugging in ivs, that I hit my time, but the ivs are not the same as the seed.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/MrMeowser/media/Screenshot_1.png.html

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/MrMeowser/media/Screenshot_2.png.html?sort=3&o=0
If the IVs don't match then your not hitting your seed. Try callibrating somewhere like the last cave before the elite 4 where there's no wondering NPCs. Also for a DS lite you should have a 1 sec offset.

If the IVs don't match then your not hitting your seed. Try callibrating somewhere like the last cave before the elite 4 where there's no ndering NPCs. Also for a DS lite you should have a 1 sec offset.
But using the time I got from time finder, it tells me that I hit it. However, I get different IVs than expected for the time. Therefore one of the two is incorrect . I'm thinking somehow thr time finder is off.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Did you make sure you're pressing down youe keypresses? The R button can be broken quite easily if you have a ds lite. Just my two cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)