5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yes. The 2nd screenshot shows I am hitting everything that is required for that seed, and I hit my actual seconds.. It seems to have 2 seeds for one time and button presses.

No, that is not possible. A more mundane explaination is that your R button has bad contacts, like Cereza said. We recommend you to skip the shoulder buttons because they are nothing but trouble.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm really not sure Why I'm not hitting my seed, It tells me I am hitting my time, and the Timer0 seems to not have changed. Perhaps someone can find something I missed in these? The first seed of the first screenshot is the one I was trying to use. It tells me, when using the DS PARAMETERS and plugging in ivs, that I hit my time, but the ivs are not the same as the seed.

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/MrMeowser/media/Screenshot_1.png.html

http://s936.photobucket.com/user/MrMeowser/media/Screenshot_2.png.html?sort=3&o=0
Yes. The 2nd screenshot shows I am hitting everything that is required for that seed, and I hit my actual seconds.. It seems to have 2 seeds for one time and button presses.
Your profile (as shown in your first screenshot) has a VCount of 52 and VFrame of 3. The calibration window (second screenshot) shows a VCount of 60 and VFrame of 6. Your profile values are wrong and thus any seeds you find searching using them are useless. The calibration window has the correct values, so you should update your profile with them and try searching again.

I just input everything correctly into the time finder, can someone explain what I can do with this data just to be sure?

Frame: 1
Required Lead: Synchronize
Shiny Frame: 156
Encounter Slot: 8
Random date/time and Timer0 is spot on
Keypresses: Start-B-Left

So I would start at frame 1 and then listen to Chatot 155 times?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You need to find your starting PID frame first, then subtract that from 156. If you're using RNG Reporter, hit the calculate initial PID frame.

It worked and all, I finally caught the Pokémon. But I found that rather than at the 113th Chatot pitch it was at the 112th. I kept making this mistake over and over again until I tried stopping at 112 pitches and the right Pkmn finally appeared. Weird, I subtracted my initial frame, 43 from 156 = 113. It was kind of off.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
You always have to advance to the frame before target, not to the target frame itself. So it would be 156 - 43 - 1.

Well, you can describe it that way, but we would like to do it more accurately.

You hear the pitch to the corresponding PID frame, then the frame advances.

Your profile (as shown in your first screenshot) has a VCount of 52 and VFrame of 3. The calibration window (second screenshot) shows a VCount of 60 and VFrame of 6. Your profile values are wrong and thus any seeds you find searching using them are useless. The calibration window has the correct values, so you should update your profile with them and try searching again.
Thanks. I knew something wasn't right somewhere. Later i will update it and catch my poke ;)
EDIT: One more thing. I seem to have hit my frame, but the nature has turned out relaxed twice in a row... Will it remain relaxed every time?!? Is there any way I can change the "possible" nature of my axew, as in advancing the "frame?" for the nature but not the ivs?

Thanks. I knew something wasn't right somewhere. Later i will update it and catch my poke ;)
EDIT: One more thing. I seem to have hit my frame, but the nature has turned out relaxed twice in a row... Will it remain relaxed every time?!? Is there any way I can change the "possible" nature of my axew, as in advancing the "frame?" for the nature but not the ivs?
The RNG for the IVs is seperate to the RNG for nature, shininess, ability etc.

If you're not doing any advancements for the PIDRNG then you will get the same nature every time provided you successfully hit your seed.

The PIDRNG can be advanced by listening to Chatot's cry in its summary. This works only if it has a recorded Chatter. Each Chatot cry will advance the PIDRNG by 1, but will not touch the IVRNG.

After you RNG a pkmn in a specific spot, can you recatch it multiple times? I tried this with a certain cave spot pkmn and got it the first time, but every attempt afterwards has been random pokemon with good IV's.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It is possible to RNG the same Pokémon, but you need to reset your DS and hit the same time/keypresses. You can't continually RNG the same Pokémon without resetting the DS because the PID/IV frames advance after the battle begins.

It is possible to RNG the same Pokémon, but you need to reset your DS and hit the same time/keypresses. You can't continually RNG the same Pokémon without resetting the DS because the PID/IV frames advance after the battle begins.
What do you mean by resetting the DS? Do you mean time/date? If so I've done that each time, the date stays the same though but I can't find the same pokemon.

For example, if you were trying to find a really rare pkmn like a shiny, would you be able to get multiples of it by hitting the same time & buttons?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes, you have to keep hitting the seed over and over, which is what Stellar was saying. And by resetting the DS, that means turning it off.

Am I being continuously Timer0 trolled? In my case I hit it right for IV's and nature but it's a pkmn from a neighboring encounter slot like Boldore or Woobat. Occasionally it's the correct pkmn from my encounter slot with wrong everything else.

Are you using too many/too little Chatot Chatters? I've been able to hit the same pokemon as many times as neccesarry.... Perhaps you are being timer0 trolled.

Am I being continuously Timer0 trolled? In my case I hit it right for IV's and nature but it's a pkmn from a neighboring encounter slot like Boldore or Woobat. Occasionally it's the correct pkmn from my encounter slot with wrong everything else.
If you're getting the right IVs, then you're hitting the right seed (which means yoou are hitting the right Timer0 as well). It must nean that your PIDRNG frame is wrong. Are there moving NPCs in that area, or is there a weather effect on? Since in that case, the PIDRNG frame advances even if you don't do anything.

IF you got the wrong IVs, then it must be a Timer0 troll. Just keep on retrying it, you will eventually get (or in your case, "re-get") what you want.

Another thing, try listening to your chatot pitches. If the pitch sequence does not seem to match up, start another attempt. The pitches are very helpful in verifyijng if you hit your seed.

If you're getting the right IVs, then you're hitting the right seed (which means yoou are hitting the right Timer0 as well). It must nean that your PIDRNG frame is wrong. Are there moving NPCs in that area, or is there a weather effect on? Since in that case, the PIDRNG frame advances even if you don't do anything.
Are you using too many/too little Chatot Chatters? I've been able to hit the same pokemon as many times as neccesarry.... Perhaps you are being timer0 trolled.
This particular frame doesn't require any, it was 51 starting frame and 51 frame so I thought it'd be easy to hit multiple times very quickly. It's on the first floor f Challenger's Cave. There is one NPC who doesn't move and it's dark (if that counts as weather), but it didn't have any effect the first time.

Maybe I don't know what I'm doing and got lucky the first time. The gender was set to 100% female and I found a male, so I'm thinking it was a screw up.

If that's the case, then it must mean that your PIDRNG frame is being advanced. I heard there's a moving NPC in 1F Challenger's Cave, so that might be the one causing problems. I'd try finding a nature, encounter slot, etc. that is not your initial PIDRNG frame if I were you, just so that I know what's happening.

If that's the case, then it must mean that your PIDRNG frame is being advanced. I heard there's a moving NPC in 1F Challenger's Cave, so that might be the one causing problems. I'd try finding a nature, encounter slot, etc. that is not your initial PIDRNG frame if I were you, just so that I know what's happening.
I'm more of a visual learner, this guys video explained this perfectly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN1wz0_6800

My starting frame was 51, target was 75 so 75 - 51 - 1 = 23 and I hit it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)