5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm trying to RNG for a shiny Mesprit in White 2, but I can't seem to land on the shiny PID Frame. Is there a weather-like advancing effect from the fog on the top of Celestial Tower, or a gradual advance like in Kyurem's cave? If so, assuming I go into my party and start using Chatot cries the moment the game allows, then talk to Mesprit IMMEDIATELY, how many extra frames should I calibrate for?

Just for future knowledge when I restart 5th gen rng
For shaking spot in grass in water
The spot occur for every 320 steps right?
And if I do 320 steps the iv will advance by 2 * pokemon in party and the pid will advance 320+turns+steps taken to reach spot?

For Egg abuse
Is it normal that for some seed, if im quick enough my pid is always -4 from my target pid frame but from some seed is varies?
*Note In White my Timer0 only switch to another timer0 0.5% of the time(rarely, rarely happens)

Can someone point my to the etranet guide to specifically hit a nature via chatot?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Also is the pc version of rngreporter have seeds for dream radar? If so, please link me to a guide or research and where is it in 5th gen timer finder(i.e. method/encounter type)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A call is made to see if a spot is spawned every twenty steps. However, that's determined on how you advance the PIDRNG. Turning in place, or taking a step in grass advances the PIDRNG by 2.

Dream Radar Prepping

I know this must come up a lot, but I'm about to RNG the Therians from the Dream Radar using RNGer Aaron's guide using RNG Reporter. I did a practice run yesterday by attempting for a flawless Adamant Riolu and succeeded, but I know the Therians work a little differently.

Since I have Memory Linked, it appeared that all the offsets related to PID mentioned in RNGer Aaron's guide were actually one off as mentioned in other posts in this thread (Riolu is gendered but the nature frame offset was 1 instead of the 2 it says in the guide). One thing caught my attention, however, and that is that the first Spinner result to verify my seed was also one off from what the guide says. In the guide, it says to go the Frame that's one before the Calculated Initial Frame, and that the first Spin should correspond to the result in Custom1 column that's two rows down from here (so basically the result should be of one frame ahead of the Initial). During my Riolu run, however, the first Spin result corresponded to the result in the Custom1 column that's one row down from the one-frame-before-your-initial (so the result came from the Initial, not one frame ahead of it like the guide says). I decided to do the required Spin advances anyway and ended up getting my target nature of Adamant.

My question is, is this discrepancy between the guide and my results for the Spinner verfification due to Memory Link too? Basically, if one has Memory Linked, should they be checking the Spinner results starting on the Calculated Initial Frame rather than one frame ahead of the Initial as the guide says to? I apologize if this post is hard to understand, and I'll try to elaborate on any part that's confusing for anyone who can help. I would really appreciate an answer to this before I proceed.

I'm confused about how the encounter slots are listed on the Black 2/White 2 list. Could anyone explain how those work?

Sorry if this is already listed somewhere I'm just completely lost.

RNG Manipulation Help.

I am using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 Beta. I'm fairly new to RNG manipulation, so I spent this last week reading the in-game article section on Gen V RNG Manipulation, as well as the first few pages of this thread. I also consulted some videos online.

I entered my game parameters. Specs are as follows:
VCount: AD
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8
Timer0: 167D

To verify it works I tried to RNG a Scrafty with Brave Nature and 31 in IV's except for SpA. I made sure that I paused as soon as I logged in and listened to my Chatot 24 times to hit the right frame. All of this happened in route 18, in a section with no NPCs. I used Sweet Scent right afterwards. I've repeated this process several times and I can't get it to work. I tried 25 times and something is clearly wrong. I'm enclosing a screenshot of my RNG Reporter setup as a reference, I can't for the life of it figure out where I've gone wrong.

If anyone spots anything I'm not doing right please let me know.

I am using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 Beta. I'm fairly new to RNG manipulation, so I spent this last week reading the in-game article section on Gen V RNG Manipulation, as well as the first few pages of this thread. I also consulted some videos online.

I entered my game parameters. Specs are as follows:
VCount: AD
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 8
Timer0: 167D

To verify it works I tried to RNG a Scrafty with Brave Nature and 31 in IV's except for SpA. I made sure that I paused as soon as I logged in and listened to my Chatot 24 times to hit the right frame. All of this happened in route 18, in a section with no NPCs. I used Sweet Scent right afterwards. I've repeated this process several times and I can't get it to work. I tried 25 times and something is clearly wrong. I'm enclosing a screenshot of my RNG Reporter setup as a reference, I can't for the life of it figure out where I've gone wrong.

If anyone spots anything I'm not doing right please let me know.
There could be all manner of things going wrong here, some more information would help clear this up:

1) How many times did you perform calibration tests?
2) Are you making sure you're using your most common Timer0 value from your calibration tests?
3) Can you provide info on what you ARE getting as opposed to what you're trying to get?
4) Have you recorded a Chatter with which you can discern pitches?
5) If so, are you using these pitches to confirm what frame you're on and that you have actually hit your seed?
6) Have you double checked that there are no WNPCs in the area?
7) Have you made sure there are no weather effects in the area?

Most suspect scenario in my opinion would be Timer0 trolling, though 25 tries is a fair few. If you can provide any more info on your case then it'd be easier to discern what was happening.

I only did one calibration. Seems dumb of me now that I think about it. I decided to move from my place in route 18 to the last cave in victory road. No one is in it, so should be fine. I'll run a few parameter checks there and compare Timer0 values, then I'll let you know if there's any change. As far as what I was getting during my previous 25 tries it just seemed to be any random Pokemon found in route 18, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

Well, I seem to have met with some success. After running a few parameter checks and making sure I was hitting the right Timer0 values, I successfully RNGd a Pokemon with max IVs. I didn't bother with specifying an encounter slot this time because I was not particularly concerned with what Pokemon I got. Unfortunately I was unable to hit my target nature. I went for bold and got a pokemon with lax nature. I thought I advanced the frames correctly, but apparently there is some issue there.

My starting frame was 48, my target frame was 62. I listened to chatot's cry 14 times. I only have one chatot, so I switched back and forth from chatot to my combee until I had listened to the cry 14 times. The cry also seemed to hit the Mid-High pitch that RNG Reporter called for. Still, wrong nature. I did notice though that in all the caves in black 2 there are tiny water droplets falling from the ceilings (note: every cave I've been in have these), so I was wondering if that maybe is a problem. Otherwise I'm not sure.

Hi, something peculiar happened to me, I was wondering I y'all could explain for future purposes
I am rng'ing in white. I use pprng.
I am in abundant shrine. I beat all the trainers and I never left. So they don't move.
I want a shiny brongzong.
Initial frame 50, target 63
I was trying for hours didnt get it.
I only got it after I only did 6 chatot calls
Instead of 13.
Could anyone offer an explaination?
I'm still in abundant shrine cause I wanna rng lando.

Agonist

Hi, something peculiar happened to me, I was wondering I y'all could explain for future purposes
I am rng'ing in white. I use pprng.
I am in abundant shrine. I beat all the trainers and I never left. So they don't move.
I want a shiny brongzong.
Initial frame 50, target 63
I was trying for hours didnt get it.
I only got it after I only did 6 chatot calls
Instead of 13.
Could anyone offer an explaination?
I'm still in abundant shrine cause I wanna rng lando.
Are you sure you actually froze the WNPCs? If I remember correctly, the little boy still continues to move if you don't make him move from the spot he's standing on.

Are you sure you actually froze the WNPCs? If I remember correctly, the little boy still continues to move if you don't make him move from the spot he's standing on.
Really? So there is actually no way to legit freeZe him?
If I have a initial frame at 47 and a target frame at 53 would u reckon I don't even need to do advancements?

Dream Radar Memory Link

I stumbled upon another user's posts (PsyJ's on page 745 and 746) concerning the Dream Radar Therians, and using the information in those provided me with more clarity regarding my earlier question about Memory Link's effect on Dream Radar RNG abuse (using RNG Reporter 9.96.5).

With that information, I got the confidence to go for Tornadus and was able to successfully RNG it for a Jolly 31/31/31/4/31/31 combination. Turns out that Memory Link does in fact reduce all the PIDRNG-related offsets that RNGer Aaron's guide mentions by 1. So Nature for ordinary gendered Pokemon is Initial+1 (not +2), and Nature for the Therians is Initial+6 (not +7), when the game has Memory Linked. I haven't tried an ordinary genderless Pokemon, but I would now expect that the Nature would be Intial+0 instead of Initial+1 stated in the guide.

Most importantly, when verifying Spinner results to determine the Seed, it looks like you would check starting from the Initial Frame as opposed to one ahead of it as the guide leads you to believe. Both my runs with Adamant Riolu and Jolly Tornadus worked this way, so it looks like Memory Link does have an effect on this as well.

Maybe this is specific to my game, but I'm leaving this post in case it helps anyone else who is going for the Therians in Dream Radar. I would still suggest doing a practice run with a random Pokemon first, to see how your game handles all of the offsets, particularly with Spinner verification.

Agonist

Really? So there is actually no way to legit freeZe him?
If I have a initial frame at 47 and a target frame at 53 would u reckon I don't even need to do advancements?
You need to make him move from the spot he's standing on.

I only did one calibration. Seems dumb of me now that I think about it. I decided to move from my place in route 18 to the last cave in victory road. No one is in it, so should be fine. I'll run a few parameter checks there and compare Timer0 values, then I'll let you know if there's any change. As far as what I was getting during my previous 25 tries it just seemed to be any random Pokemon found in route 18, so I'm not sure what's up with that.
Well, I seem to have met with some success. After running a few parameter checks and making sure I was hitting the right Timer0 values, I successfully RNGd a Pokemon with max IVs. I didn't bother with specifying an encounter slot this time because I was not particularly concerned with what Pokemon I got. Unfortunately I was unable to hit my target nature. I went for bold and got a pokemon with lax nature. I thought I advanced the frames correctly, but apparently there is some issue there.

My starting frame was 48, my target frame was 62. I listened to chatot's cry 14 times. I only have one chatot, so I switched back and forth from chatot to my combee until I had listened to the cry 14 times. The cry also seemed to hit the Mid-High pitch that RNG Reporter called for. Still, wrong nature. I did notice though that in all the caves in black 2 there are tiny water droplets falling from the ceilings (note: every cave I've been in have these), so I was wondering if that maybe is a problem. Otherwise I'm not sure.
For your frame advancements, my experience tells me you should be doing 13 Chatters instead of 14 there. When you hear a Chatot's Chatter, it advances the frame, so what you should get is it will have the pitch of a particular frame, but you'll be on the frame after it. Check the frames on your seed again to see if the nature/gender/etc. you got was the frame AFTER what you were aiming for.

As for the calibration, yeah you did right to do more calibration tests aha, 1 test is not NEARLY enough. I personally did 15, and even then I don't think that's quite enough.

Also, if you're asked for more information about what you're doing, generally what people need to see is the seed you're using, what frames you're going for, what frames you HAVE been hitting/what seeds you have been hitting. Even something just like the IVs, nature etc of what you've been getting could be helpful, just write down as much as you can next time aha.

I stumbled upon another user's posts (PsyJ's on page 745 and 746) concerning the Dream Radar Therians, and using the information in those provided me with more clarity regarding my earlier question about Memory Link's effect on Dream Radar RNG abuse (using RNG Reporter 9.96.5).

With that information, I got the confidence to go for Tornadus and was able to successfully RNG it for a Jolly 31/31/31/4/31/31 combination. Turns out that Memory Link does in fact reduce all the PIDRNG-related offsets that RNGer Aaron's guide mentions by 1. So Nature for ordinary gendered Pokemon is Initial+1 (not +2), and Nature for the Therians is Initial+6 (not +7), when the game has Memory Linked. I haven't tried an ordinary genderless Pokemon, but I would now expect that the Nature would be Intial+0 instead of Initial+1 stated in the guide.

Most importantly, when verifying Spinner results to determine the Seed, it looks like you would check starting from the Initial Frame as opposed to one ahead of it as the guide leads you to believe. Both my runs with Adamant Riolu and Jolly Tornadus worked this way, so it looks like Memory Link does have an effect on this as well.

Maybe this is specific to my game, but I'm leaving this post in case it helps anyone else who is going for the Therians in Dream Radar. I would still suggest doing a practice run with a random Pokemon first, to see how your game handles all of the offsets, particularly with Spinner verification.
This confirms all the information I found when doing the other 2 Therians. Memory messes with a lot of offsets in the game, however it makes Dream Radar abuse slightly easier since you get to check from initial frame rather than another frame, and makes threians only land on odd frames. (something else I discovered while doing them)

-PsyJ

This confirms all the information I found when doing the other 2 Therians. Memory messes with a lot of offsets in the game, however it makes Dream Radar abuse slightly easier since you get to check from initial frame rather than another frame, and makes threians only land on odd frames. (something else I discovered while doing them)

-PsyJ
Concerning the Therians landing only on odd frames, if you're talking about the nature frame then that really depends on the Calculated Initial Frame for the Seed. The Seed for my Tornadus had an Initial PIDRNG Frame of 52, and the target was 78 for Jolly nature, which I got with 10 Spinner advances (taking the Initial+6 into account). But if you were talking about IV frames then of course you are correct in stating that they can only use odd frames.

I'm sorry that you missed your target during your attempts, but I hope you find solace in knowing that your examples were able to help me (and probably others) RNG their Therians successfully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)