5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi people, can somebody tell what are the Encounter Slots for the White Forest (if it has any)? any help would be really appreciated. :)

Concerning the Therians landing only on odd frames, if you're talking about the nature frame then that really depends on the Calculated Initial Frame for the Seed. The Seed for my Tornadus had an Initial PIDRNG Frame of 52, and the target was 78 for Jolly nature, which I got with 10 Spinner advances (taking the Initial+6 into account). But if you were talking about IV frames then of course you are correct in stating that they can only use odd frames.

I'm sorry that you missed your target during your attempts, but I hope you find solace in knowing that your examples were able to help me (and probably others) RNG their Therians successfully.
Yeah. I know I helped a few others over at Nugget Bridge get theirs right. I have no clue why Nintendo programmed Memory Link the way they did, It makes so many things harder just by screwing with all the offsets. The only one I failed on was Tornadus.

Luckily I still have a White2 I can get one from. :D

Cheers, PsyJ

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I have no clue why Nintendo programmed Memory Link the way they did, It makes so many things harder just by screwing with all the offsets.
Nintendo (actually Game Freak) does not take ease or difficulty of RNG abuse into consideration when making their games, as I'm sure we'll all find out anew when the next games are released. In the case of Memory Link, no one sat there and said "let's have this mess up the frame offsets" because they don't even think about frame offsets in the way the RNG abusers do. Whatever functionality Memory Link enables, it requires different calls to the RNG than when a Memory Link hasn't been done. The fact that this "screws with all the offsets" is just a side effect of how the game works and not a nefarious plot or bad programming by the developers.

Hello everyone, as you can tell from my username I've started trying out RNG...

I'm trying to RNG a hp ice 70 female Plusle

I'm using my DSi and Black cart.

I'm confused on what to do...
My actual time was off by +1 second.
But I was told via a video that the delay time for the DSi was +3 seconds
My stats are:
Timer0=123C
VFRAME=8
VCOUNT=8C
GXstart=6

My time for the seed is 16:15:59 What time do I start? 58 or 56?
By the way my starting frame is 40 and the target is 50.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
If you want you can try calibrating using a different starting time. If you actual time is still off by one second, then just go with that.

Eyedol

You should try that, yes. Doing that will tell you if you did it right the first time or not. Make sure to use a different date and time.

You should try that, yes. Doing that will tell you if you did it right the first time or not. Make sure to use a different date and time.
So I did that and...

Starting time 22/11/12 10:43:25
Actual time 10:43:26
Timer0: 123C
I thought the actual time would be 28 due to the 3 second delay...

RNGnoob said:
My time for the seed is 16:15:59 What time do I start? 58 or 56?
By the way my starting frame is 40 and the target is 50.
aren't you using the Eon Timer? If not, I higly recommend to use it. The timer is the easiest way to get realiable and constant results.

Eyedol

So I did that and...

Starting time 22/11/12 10:43:25
Actual time 10:43:26
Timer0: 123C
I thought the actual time would be 28 due to the 3 second delay...
This isn't the first time that I've heard of this. Use a one second offset and you'll be fine.

Thanks to this thread I was finally able to RNG a shiny 31/30/30/31/31/31 Hidden Power Ice Tornadus.

Definitely not as hard as I was thinking it would be. Once I got inside the house it only took around an hour to get it, but it was definitely made easier by knowing how to catch the same nature one in my previous file.

I guess it's time for me to learn how to RNG Entralink Pokemon now. Thanks again.

Albus

The Triumphant
Guys, is it normal that Synchronize fails in succesion with an specific frame that the Reporter marks as "Synchronizable Frame"? i ask because i've hit my desired seed and (shiny) frame like 7 times (w/ a Jolly Synchronize lead) and the 'mon keeps appearing with a Brave nature (the nature that the 'mon appears with when not using Synchronize), despite the frame being "Synchronizable".

Guys, is it normal that Synchronize fails in succesion with an specific frame that the Reporter marks as "Synchronizable Frame"? i ask because i've hit my desired seed and (shiny) frame like 7 times (w/ a Jolly Synchronize lead) and the 'mon keeps appearing with a Brave nature (the nature that the 'mon appears with when not using Synchronize), despite the frame being "Synchronizable".
If it failed for that frame once then it will fail repeatedly without fail. Could you give some more information about what seed you're using, what game, what you're trying to RNG, etc. Just give as much information as you can, the more the better, as it'd make it easier to help you.

Oh, okay thanks, when do I boot the game, when the gamefreak logo fades out or when the star crashes?
What exactly are you trying to ask? As far as I was aware, "booting" the game was when you turned it on :P

If you mean the point that it's safe to button-spam to the main menu then I think some people say it's after the copyright info has dissappeared. As far as I remember it's meant to be after the Nintendo logo, but just do what you're comfortable with.

What exactly are you trying to ask? As far as I was aware, "booting" the game was when you turned it on :P

If you mean the point that it's safe to button-spam to the main menu then I think some people say it's after the copyright info has dissappeared. As far as I remember it's meant to be after the Nintendo logo, but just do what you're comfortable with.
I mean, when do I go to the title screen? After the star crashes or after the gamefreak logo appears?

Albus

The Triumphant
If it failed for that frame once then it will fail repeatedly without fail. Could you give some more information about what seed you're using, what game, what you're trying to RNG, etc. Just give as much information as you can, the more the better, as it'd make it easier to help you.
Oh sorry, nearly forgot that, i'm using Seed ADA0D79F1FAA6FEF, frame 76, on Pokémon Black 2, where i'm trying to RNG a flawless Shiny Trapinch on Reversal Mountain.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh sorry, nearly forgot that, i'm using Seed ADA0D79F1FAA6FEF, frame 76, on Pokémon Black 2, where i'm trying to RNG a flawless Shiny Trapinch on Reversal Mountain.
Is there a Swarm there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)