5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So, I somehow was able to hit my seed, so I hatched my egg without advancing the frame and I some skipped my target frame by one...
Edit: I tried it again and now I was one BEFORE... What's going on?!

Were you listening to the chatots? At what frame did you stop?
I didn't listen to them at all, I just collected the egg to see what frame I was on. I did listen to one the last time I dd it and I was on the framw AFTER my target again. Could my min/max and my advances both being at 8 play a role? (Dsi user)

I didn't listen to them at all, I just collected the egg to see what frame I was on. I did listen to one the last time I dd it and I was on the framw AFTER my target again. Could my min/max and my advances both being at 8 play a role? (Dsi user)
You should always listen to your chatots. From my experience my shifting starting frame for eggs tends to be 4-5 higher than the initial starting frame.

Since your using a DSi for this I would also suggest synchronizing your DSi to an external clock, like the EonTimer. Also did you take your offset into account?

You should always listen to your chatots. From my experience my shifting starting frame for eggs tends to be 4-5 higher than the initial starting frame.

Since your using a DSi for this I would also suggest synchronizing your DSi to an external clock, like the EonTimer. Also did you take your offset into account?
I do use Eontimer. What's an offset?

EDIT: I hit it WITHOUT using Chatot! RNG WORKS YAY!
What should I do if I can't find any shiny seeds?

I do use Eontimer. What's an offset?

EDIT: I hit it WITHOUT using Chatot! RNG WORKS YAY!
What should I do if I can't find any shiny seeds?
If you can't find any seeds that will result in shiny results for your ID/SID combo, then you should expand your search criteria.

For breeding specifically, using an everstone can make acceptable results easier to find. Also, I highly suggest you search for seeds that include keypresses. I always search for a maximum of 2 keypresses. The search takes longer, but you're much more likely to find a result. Also remember to check across months and years because, in essence, encounter date really doesn't say very much.

What options should I select if I want to RNG the Route 18 Larvesta egg using PPRNG? I notice there is no Larvesta egg encounter type option.

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, I found out it's not an option on PPRNG. So now I'm running RNG Reporter on Mono and I still can't find the option.

I just realize mono only supports the 8.something RNG Reporter, so the encounter type doesn't work. Gift doesn't do it for the Larvesta on route 18, unfortunately; it's a whole different encounter type. Crap I don't know how to get RNG Reporter running on my mac....

I understood the encounter slots in BW1 but I don't get the encounter slots for BW2. Like I want to RNG a growlithe which appears in vibank complex, help please?

Hi, I'm rng'ing in white 1.
I want to rng for a shiny metang.
What is the trick I can use to avoid all that fog that prevents sweet scent?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Save, advance the month by one, reboot your game, get in a battle, save again, then hit your seed.

Would anyone know if it's possible to RNG abuse eggs with any pokemon? For example, an Eevee with 12/0/7/11/0/0 or something, you want it to have 31 all around. 3 are random so could you breed for 31/31/31/11/0/0 and then breed that one again and finally make the last three random stats a 31?

Is there any way to be sure of getting your Timer0 in B2/W2? I've heard things about the timers being inconsistent and such, but there's no like front page news on it or the methods how to do it. Can someone clear this up? Thanks.

-James

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Is there any way to be sure of getting your Timer0 in B2/W2? I've heard things about the timers being inconsistent and such, but there's no like front page news on it or the methods how to do it. Can someone clear this up? Thanks.

-James
There's not much you can do to get more consistent results other than using eontimer for more consistency. Something else that might help is RNGing in a DS Phat rather than a 3DS..but this is just my opinion though.

Anyways, the thing most people will tell you to do is to use chatot's chatter pitches to verify if you hit your seed or not. Yea, you probably want to do this.

I'm using PPRNG to Entralink RNG abuse on White 2 for a Pokémon.

The guide posted by religiousjedi is great and I've been able to verify my seed using Chatot, however I keep hitting a starting frame of 30 instead of 25.

Is there any reason this might be besides walking 128 steps with the five Pokémon in my team? I don't think I'm walking 128 steps because I'm only going to the first forest clearing. I wanted to check if there's any other strange reason before I pick a new seed for a hex flawless frame of 30.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I'm using PPRNG to Entralink RNG abuse on White 2 for a Pokémon.

The guide posted by religiousjedi is great and I've been able to verify my seed using Chatot, however I keep hitting a starting frame of 30 instead of 25.

Is there any reason this might be besides walking 128 steps with the five Pokémon in my team? I don't think I'm walking 128 steps because I'm only going to the first forest clearing. I wanted to check if there's any other strange reason before I pick a new seed for a hex flawless frame of 30.
I believe the step counter actives every 128 steps, this means you are most likely going over the step counter even by taking a small amount of space. I would recommed moving a few steps(about the same that it takes for you to get to the forest) save in the same place and try again.

Hi all, can someone give me a quick guide to rng abuse pokémon in the white forest (Pokémon White) please? In that case, when I'm searching for a seed the value for the encounter type is "Wild Pokémon"?
Thanks in advance.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
White Forest does not work like any other area - the encounter slot calculation is completely different. It's not a fraction out of 100 like the other areas. Furthermore, you can't use Sweet Scent or Honey, and the PIDRNG advances constantly. Unfortunately, this means you're out of luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)