5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

My only guess is that you're looking in the wrong place. It has to be there if your dowsing machine detects it.
It's strange. Not one but it happened in 3 Hidden Grottos and my Dowsing Machine says that there's an item on the center of the Grotto.
I'll try to empty everyone of them and see what happens.

EDIT: Now it don't detect nothing more. Maybe it will return to normal. Thank you Slash.

Timing

I was excited to hear that this generation I only have to time it down to the second. However, my success rate at hitting the right seed is about equal to Generation IV. At what point should I press A (click on "Pokemon Black Version")? Should I press A the instant it changes to the desired second? Or should I aim for a half second extra so that if I'm off by a half second in either direction, I'll get it anyway?

I'm just doing basic Twister RNG abuse. My "actual seconds" was 1 more than what I input during parameters search, so I'm pressing A 1 second early. I'm having terrible luck with it. I've gotten the desired spread 1 out of maybe 10 tries.

I'd love to know if anyone knows when I should press A.

I was excited to hear that this generation I only have to time it down to the second. However, my success rate at hitting the right seed is about equal to Generation IV. At what point should I press A (click on "Pokemon Black Version")? Should I press A the instant it changes to the desired second? Or should I aim for a half second extra so that if I'm off by a half second in either direction, I'll get it anyway?

I'm just doing basic Twister RNG abuse. My "actual seconds" was 1 more than what I input during parameters search, so I'm pressing A 1 second early. I'm having terrible luck with it. I've gotten the desired spread 1 out of maybe 10 tries.

I'd love to know if anyone knows when I should press A.
It doesn't really matter as long as it's consistent. I'm assuming that you're using a DS/DS light? If that's the case then you should only have a 1 second offset. Did you go through the calibration phase?

It doesn't really matter as long as it's consistent. I'm assuming that you're using a DS/DS light? If that's the case then you should only have a 1 second offset. Did you go through the calibration phase?
Yes, I'm using a DS Lite and I went through calibration. I finally caught the target spread :toast: after many, many tries. I had to do press A almost 1.3 seconds early even though my offset was only 1 seconds.

Moving NPCs have no effect on the IV RNG do they?

Yes, I'm using a DS Lite and I went through calibration. I finally caught the target spread :toast: after many, many tries. I had to do press A almost 1.3 seconds early even though my offset was only 1 seconds.

Moving NPCs have no effect on the IV RNG do they?
What did you do in the calibration phase exactly? cos it sounds like you messed up if you have 2 seconds for an offset.

Wondering NPC's only affect the PID frames.

So I'm trying to calibrate using the DS Parameter Finder. I've done 18 tries, 6 of those I've got a Timer0=1105, 5 times 1107, and then two times 1103, 1104 and 1106. So I'm wondering what Timer0 should I go for, since I haven't got a clear "winner" between 1105 and 1107, or should I use a Min-Max Timer0 using both numbers.

I'm doing Black 2 btw.

for black 2 is the unova link parameters search broken? i never get any results and if i do they're way off the time i pressed a to start the game (sometimes i get seconds before i pressed a button)

So I'm trying to calibrate using the DS Parameter Finder. I've done 18 tries, 6 of those I've got a Timer0=1105, 5 times 1107, and then two times 1103, 1104 and 1106. So I'm wondering what Timer0 should I go for, since I haven't got a clear "winner" between 1105 and 1107, or should I use a Min-Max Timer0 using both numbers.

I'm doing Black 2 btw.
Most people usually go for a range of Timer0's in BW2 so I would go with 1105-1107 and forget about the others.

for black 2 is the unova link parameters search broken? i never get any results and if i do they're way off the time i pressed a to start the game (sometimes i get seconds before i pressed a button)
You should get a result each time. Enter the time in the parameters box first and use the same time for each attempt. Don't press any buttons until after the star explodes.

The same pokemon should keep appearing -as in the gender, nature and IVs will be exactly the same. If not then you are definitely doing something wrong.

Hi guys,
I just read that for Dream radar RNG'ing you are able to take out the pokemon on a 3ds
and rng it with a regular ds lite. Is there truth to that?
And if its true can someone point me in the direction of a guide so I can learn that?
I am using pprng for a mac.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys,
I just read that for Dream radar RNG'ing you are able to take out the pokemon on a 3ds
and rng it with a regular ds lite. Is there truth to that?
And if its true can someone point me in the direction of a guide so I can learn that?
I am using pprng for a mac.
you can find a guide in this post http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3411155&postcount=4, was right at the top of the first post of this thread in large bold letters

Something wrong with RNG Reporter? Got this seed for a Shiny Litwick; BDB2CA137A9A0EE7, but I can't get the right ammount of Chatters right. Initial PID frame is 55, Shiny PID frame is 196, so everyone know I have to do 141 Chatters. That's not getting me the right Litwick, I think I got one 4 frames higher. Did 4 Chatters less, still ended up 2 frames too high. I'm on the second floor of the Celestial Tower, where No NPC's are moving. So, what the hell is going on?

Edit: I got it with 135 Chatters, which is 6 less than my original ammount of Chatters. Why is that?
Happened to me with Dreamyard Latias - also 6 frames off, and I had battled my WNPC so he wasn't moving. Did you have Memory Link activated? Did the 6 frames offset happen with any other capture?

Hi guys, I have two questions regarding roamers. I've beaten the Elite 4 on Black1 and I was wondering if it was still possible to RNG for a shiny flawless Tornadus? I think I read somewhere that the IVs were set after completing the game... I was also wondering if the same was true for Black 2 with Latios?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I guess doing the roamer RNG using the beat-the-E4-to-revive-it method is near impossible...
For Lati@s, IDK yet, if I'm correct, you have to chase & corner it again after it revives after beating the E4.

I guess doing the roamer RNG using the beat-the-E4-to-revive-it method is near impossible...
For Lati@s, IDK yet, if I'm correct, you have to chase & corner it again after it revives after beating the E4.
So I can't RNG Landorus then? I haven't beaten Black 2 yet -I'm currently fighting the bad guys in the Giant Chasm.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Happened to me with Dreamyard Latias - also 6 frames off, and I had battled my WNPC so he wasn't moving. Did you have Memory Link activated? Did the 6 frames offset happen with any other capture?
No Memory Link, and yes with another capture happened the same, it was 7 frames off..

Can you only use PPRNG with Unova Link Calibration, if not and you are able to use RNG Reporter as well I'm having a bit of an issue I'm not getting any seeds at all.

I am trying to RNG my ID/SID combo in White. I found the seed for a Wild capture in Time Finder and the corresponding frame I want to be shiny in the Main Window. I input the seed and frame into Pandora's box and found a seed to RNG an ID/SID combo.

Problem? When I input that ID/SID combo into both my White RNG Reporter profile in the Time Finder and the Main Window and hit Generate--to verify that my desired capture seed and frame would indeed be shiny--no results showed up. I expected the initial seed and frame I wanted to be shiny to generate with the ID/SID combo I found in Pandora's Box, but it didn't show up.

Can someone explain why that is? I'd really appreciate it!

I am trying to RNG my ID/SID combo in White. I found the seed for a Wild capture in Time Finder and the corresponding frame I want to be shiny in the Main Window. I input the seed and frame into Pandora's box and found a seed to RNG an ID/SID combo.

Problem? When I input that ID/SID combo into both my White RNG Reporter profile in the Time Finder and the Main Window and hit Generate--to verify that my desired capture seed and frame would indeed be shiny--no results showed up. I expected the initial seed and frame I wanted to be shiny to generate with the ID/SID combo I found in Pandora's Box, but it didn't show up.

Can someone explain why that is? I'd really appreciate it!
There's no need to verify if the seed will be shiny. Since you already have a TID/SID you want to hit, just calibrate to find your starting frame and proceed as normal using saving to advance the frames.

Frostbiyt

Not Exactly Helping
The post says RNG Reporter is compatible with Linux. It doesn't work with wine, or is there a Linux download that i missed?

For Benga's Dratini / Amanita's Eevee, do I put down 8 as the Min / Max Frame? The method would be Standard Seed and Encounter Type would be Gift Pokemon? Or does the Encounter Type already account for the starting frame being 8?

I am hitting one seed consistently, but it's not the seed returned by the RNG Reporter. I can't really tell if it's just Timer0 trolling or if I'm doing this incorrectly.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)