5th gen Sunny day team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys this is my first R.M.T post and my first themed team.
The team consist of the following:

ninetales
Nature: timid
Shiny: yes
ability: drought
E.V.s: 252 sp.atk, 252 spd.
item: flame plate
current moveset: solar beam, flamethrower, hidden power (ice), and dark pulse.
Ninetales is my lead mostly because of drought. Though she is super fast and has decent special attacks. Her hidden power is ice which has helped my get out of some tough dragon situations. solar beam which helps against water types and dark pulse for ghost and psychics. She is the glue that holds the team together and it would be a lot harder without her. flame plate helps utilize her flamethrower because of her low sp.atk

typhlosion
Nature: mild
Ability: blaze
E.V.s: 252 sp.atk, 252 spd
item: life orb
Current moveset: solar beam, eruption, earthquake, flamethrower.
there isnt much i can say about typhlosion. i had him as my starter in SS and promised him I'd make him a team. well here you go. he makes and exceptional sunny sweeper. with his eruption and flamethrower plus the extra 50% in the sun he practically melts rocks. solar beam is also good aganist water types event hough i have my grass types for them. and earthquake is good even though typhlosions physical attack is bad. i give typhlosion a life orb for the 30% bonus because he almost never lets me down.

Sawsbuck
Nature: adamant
Ability: chlorophyl
E.V.s: 252 atk, 252 spd
Item: big root
Current moveset: return, horn leech, megahorn, swordsdance.
Sawsbuck is a new addition. with his normal typing he gives immunity to ghost types though he has weakness to mach punch. with a base 95 speed plus chlorophyl in the sun you cant out speed him. with return he deals 102 plus stab for a good ol 153 damage. i think he is a good sun sweeper despite his frailness.
Scizor
Nature: adamant
ability: technician
E.V.s: 252 atk, 252 spd.
Item: choice band
current moveset: bullet punch, pursuit, bug bite, aerial ace
Scizor is my first counter he is brelooms replacement. he has good attack and well you know the rest. scizor is one of my favorite pokemon. he is unstoppable with swordsdance. he is mostly my counter to rain teams since fires power is weakened.

Last edited:
If you were to ask me, i would say both your description length, and the information in your description. Descriptions are supposed to tell not only why you chose this Pokemon, but how it energizes with the team and they also explain the movesets that you show as well as your item choice and how it affects that individual Pokemon.

Ok so now on the actual rate, Sun is one of the hardest Weathers to pull of in Gen 5 simply becuase the abundance of Rain teams in the tier. That being stated, you would want to keep Ninetails alive for her drought, correct? Simply put, Ninetails is not meant to be the lead you apperently use her as because she must stay alive for full use of your team. So rather than a Flame Plate set, i suggest a bulky spread utilizing leftovers and the amazing move Pain Split. Also, outside of 2 fire types, (One of which should not be on your team) you team doesnt really abuse Ninetails Drought as it should. I would say scarf Typhlosion rather than Life Orb the outspeed some key threats in Gengar, Jirachi, and Keldeo without a speed tie. Breloom needs spore over Leech Seed. Also some of your natures are wired. Typhlosion should run Timid and Breloom Adamant. All my suggestions will be below.

Choice Band Victini is one of the best wall breakers in this generation. Also physical Charizard has NOTHING on Victini. Ill have calcs at the bottom as well. Like it or not, Venusar is the best Sun abusers of OU and with its Chlorophyll ability. Swords Dance with a semi-mixed set to keep Venusaur alive is a amazing set for Venusaur to run. Also Torrtera? Scizor is just a way beter physical attacker than Torterra.

Changes

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Pain Split
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Facade
- Seed Bomb

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Hp Fire

Sorry if this is more my team than yours now, i tried to keep it like yours as much as possible.

Last edited:
there are a few problems. one i dont have access to a venasaur with Chlorophyll. two i dont have a victini. 3 i dont have a calm ninetails with drought. and four my breloom is brave so what now? im sorry if i sound rude

I dont know what to do for the rest of the team. i need another counter. i also need a good grass type possibly a baton passer. any suggestions are welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)