1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 3 69% Est. Power

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by kazumi12, Dec 30, 2008.

1. kazumi12

kazumi12

[​IMG] @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Body Slam
    - Doom Desire
    - Protect
    - Wish

60% paralysis is sexy and so is paralyzing sweepers
    Wish Passer,
    Dugtrio gets 2HKO by Body Slam

[I can't count how many times I've killed gyarados relying on Body slam <3]

[​IMG] (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Focus Punch
    - Hidden Power [Bug]
    - Rock Slide

A Monster! And It Kills Celebi! :D
    Nothing can switch in without taking huge damage (Swampert won't like taking Focus Punches);
    Made of Win :3

[​IMG] @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 8 Spd / 60 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest
    - Roar
    - Surf

Bulky!11ONE!;
    3 layers of spikes on the opponent's field + Roar = Deadly.
    Salamances usually switch predicting ice beam Dx

[​IMG] (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 232 Def
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Spikes
    - Substitute
    - Whirlwind

No weaknesses, two immunities, and a lot of resistances
    Subs for Magneton and Rapid Spin, though i usually switch to Magneton if
    Foretress appears

[​IMG] (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 202 HP / 252 Def / 56 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Seismic Toss
    - Softboiled
    - Toxic

SKARMBLISS!11

[​IMG] @ Salac Berry
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Endure
    - Hidden Power [Fire]/[Ice]/[Grass]
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt

Kills Skarm and Foretress and then dies D=
    Sometimes i use Endure->Salac->HP Grass for Dugtrio and Swamp :~ [But they usually switch when Salac activates]

Rate it :)~~
  2. Smiller

Smiller

Looks great! I've never heard of Body Slam on a Jirachi before. It seems like SkarmBliss has so many counters now that it has been arround for such a long time.
  3. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Well, its a very standard team, other than Doom Jirachi. You do have a DD Gyarados/Salamence weakness. You could even make your Blissey Boltbeam to fix this.
  4. Lutra

Lutra

Prediction: HeYsUp is going to burst onto this topic and say there is a swampert weakness, he may have a point about this team.

The pictures are nice but the team lacks a lot of recovery and doesn't abuse easily enough. It is severely ground weak as well.

Edit: OMG, he didn't.
  5. Heysup

If Suicune wasnt a CMer, i would have said that =p.
  6. ABC-Trainer

ABC-Trainer

Suggesting Ice Beam on Blissey for the sole purpose of killing Salamence is stupid. That's not what IB is for.
  7. kazumi12

kazumi12

I will try the BoltBeamer Blissey, thanks x)

Still Interested in new opinions :D ~ I want a spinner, even with Magneton on team; Even 1 layer spikes can hurt Dx
  8. Heysup

Right, but otherwise its also completely walled by gengar(is immune to toxic). Not to mention, this team is slightly weak to dugtrio, so it would help with that as well.

And also, your blissey evs contain 56 SAtk, and you have no Satks currently on your blissey, so if you decide to keep Stoss/toxic, be sure to fix that.
  9. TheDuzzMaster

TheDuzzMaster

The team is missing a good Fight resist. I suggest to use Claydol instead of Magneton. Rapid Spin is always nice to have and Ice Beam could help you out against Salemence.
  10. ABC-Trainer

ABC-Trainer

I do agree that Blissey should have Ice Beam for Gengar, I can see him fucking with you.
  11. Umby

Umby I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
    is a Contributor Alumnus

I'm agreeing on swapping out Magneton. Magneton is only for immediate skarm clearance when you need to setup a sweeper like Gyarados or Tauros, who both get absolutely fucked by Skarm.
  12. Lutra

Lutra

No, it's if your team gets walled by Skarmory too. Generally the rule is no more than 2 of your pokes should be walled by Skarm.
  13. Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus

If you have that issue, then something is wrong with your team building skills. The only way I can see more than two Pokemon being walled by skarm is if you're running something like Curselax, Donphan, + standard Tauntrados, and that probably makes for half of a lame team itself.
  14. Lutra

Lutra

Is Skarm, Claydol, Dusclops, Celebi, Snorlax enough for you? Or are you gonna insult Tiamat's building skills?
  15. Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus

Skarmory And Snorlax are the only things "walled" on that team. Claydol most likely has Ice Beam, Dusclops has Focus Punch or Seismic Toss or WoW or a combination of two of them, Celebi's Psychic can be controversial, but even if Skarm resists it, it doesn't tank against them all day long. Furthermore, Celebi can have either Leech Seed or Calm Mind. So to be honest, his 6th Pokemon wouldn't even have to be a Magneton. It'd be better off as a bulky water or a Zapdos. Even some kind of mixed attacker could possibly work.

When I refer to a Pokemon being "walled" I refer to it as such when the Pokemon has no options that would force the opponent to even think about making a switch upon realizing that he could lose too much health in the near future.

On another note, even if Tiamat is a good team builder (I wouldn't know) that doesn't necessarily mean he can't make a bad team every once in a while.
  16. Heysup

Well, a starmie could do you some good here as well. You could use it to Counter Gyarados or salamence, whichever one blissey doesnt cover..Or both. Like Rapid Spin/Recover and then the next two moveslots could be Thunderbolt/IceBeam/Surf/Psychic(for Gengar). To help with your DD weaknesses.

But also keep in mind that magneton can also be used to get rid of other Pokemon, such as Metagross(counters TTar,sort of), and other magneton, so that his skarm can have free riegn with spikes and Whirlwind.
  17. Rubberbandman

Rubberbandman

Metagross is 2HKO'd by an HP Fire/ Thunderbolt, while Magneton is OHKO'D by Earthquake from Metagross, so not really a counter. Maggy can come in for a revenge kill, but this team is too sturdy for that to be happpening without tons of mistakes.
  18. Heysup

Revenge killing metagross is fine though, if it eliminates a CBtar switch in. Allowing CB tar to pick pokemon off, and force harder switches.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)