Inactive 6th Gen Damage Calculator

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Introducing A Pokemon Calculator (AP Calc for short), my 6th gen damage calculator. An integral tool for Game Freak's infinite series.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

I rewrote almost everything from scratch because the old Honkalculator code was very messy and no fun to work with anymore. The good news is that this means it'll be a lot easier for me to add cool new features in the future. The bad news is it means there are almost certainly new bugs, so if you find something that isn't working correctly (based on the current info in the XY Research Thread), please post here to let me know.

Get calcin'!

TODO (in rough order, may change on random Honko whims)
1. Merge mega-evos and alternate in-battle formes (like Aegislash and Meloetta) with their base forms so you can easily switch between forms without changing sets.
2. One vs. All and All vs. One mass calcing.
3. Add buttons to quickly min/max a stat's EVs and nature.
4. Add ability to set default level (for VGC and other non-level 100 metas).
5. Calculate % chance to KO from current HP instead of max HP.
6. Implement some less common end-of-turn effects in the % chance to KO (Leech Seed, Wrap, Berry Juice, Protect).
7. Randbats support (all 85 EVs and level-balancing).
8. Secret sexy stuff.
9. Add all damaging moves and items with in-battle effects, including non-viable ones.
10. Become the #1 Google result for "AP Calc". Take that, CollegeBoard!

FAQ
Q: Where's the Switcheroo button? It was so convenient!
A: See this post:
As has been said like three times before itt, the switcheroo function is no longer necessary, as you can immediately see all four moves for both Pokemon and the damage they do to each other. For example:

And for a detailed calc of another move, you simply click it:

Q: Why is Rollout/Constrict/Big Root/Metronome/etc missing?
A: I intentionally did not implement most competitively non-viable moves and items like Rollout and Metronome. They would just clutter up the listings for most users, and some of them (especially the non-viable items) would actually take some effort and additional options in the UI to implement. I may eventually get around to adding them, but it's a very low priority. When I have the time+motivation to work on the calc, I'd rather spend it doing things that will be useful for competitive battling, like getting the sets from 6th gen analyses imported, or implementing the mass calcs, or factoring things like Leech Seed and Berry Juice into the % chance to KO.

Last edited:

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thank you Honko for revamping the manly calculator :pimp:

That said, may you implement the new Knock Off mechanics (base power increases to 97 when the opponent is holding an item)?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is really minor, but do you think you could implement Roseli Berry (halves damage from Fairy moves)?

Would be really appreciated if you implemented the %tokochance feature since it's really important for analyses and stuff, but excellent job!!!!!(till that is implemented, do you have a link to the old one? thanks in advance)

Awesome calculator, but there are no pokemon specific sets yet. Is there any way for me to access the old calculator while the new one is still being updated?

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Honko Hi Grass Knot seems to be bugged in this calc. It doesn't show up on the list of four moves after I select it from the drop down box for the respective move nor does it give me any damage output.

Um....

I tried using the calc today and this started happening. Nothing is working.

Last edited:
The calc is down. I tried opening it and got redirected to some other site.

EDIT: The link has changed now. I was using the old link.

Last edited:

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Byethost is down at the moment. I changed the link in the OP to the version hosted on PS since that should be more reliable anyway.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
this is great! I haven't used calcs much yet but this makes me want to use them more :D An aesthetic feature for lazy(er) people such as myself could be a search box above the drop down, where you type in the name and it auto finds it - this would just seem to make it a little faster finding pokemon. great job Honko!
-two seconds later-
omg i just found out that you can type in the name quickly and it zooms/registers to that pokemon <3 *in love*

I love this new calc. However, if you could do something about the text size and bolding used in the result that would be really nice. Right now users that copy-paste the results in threads end up with something like this:

0 SpA Mega Mewtwo X Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 99-117 (22.2 - 26.3%)

Which makes things get really ugly really fast seeing as the majority don't know how to work this dumb old Rich Text Editor to put it in normal font. (you actually have to go to the BB Code Editor and clean it from there)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I love this new calc. However, if you could do something about the text size and bolding used in the result that would be really nice. Right now users that copy-paste the results in threads end up with something like this:

0 SpA Mega Mewtwo X Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 99-117 (22.2 - 26.3%)

Which makes things get really ugly really fast seeing as the majority don't know how to work this dumb old Rich Text Editor to put it in normal font. (you actually have to go to the BB Code Editor and clean it from there)
That only has to do with XenForo and isn't related to the calc. Switch to the BBCode editor or simply press the T button in the top left with the calc highlighted to make it not do that.

Honko

he of many honks
may you implement the new Knock Off mechanics (base power increases to 97 when the opponent is holding an item)?
Done.
This is really minor, but do you think you could implement Roseli Berry (halves damage from Fairy moves)?
Done.
Grass Knot seems to be bugged in this calc. It doesn't show up on the list of four moves after I select it from the drop down box for the respective move nor does it give me any damage output.
Fixed.
Leaf Storm has 140 BP instead of 130.
Fixed.

And I've added the % chance to KO bit. Yay!

That only has to do with XenForo and isn't related to the calc. Switch to the BBCode editor or simply press the T button in the top left with the calc highlighted to make it not do that.
I know that but it seemed like making a change like this to XenForo is far too low on Chaos's priorities to fix it there. There wasn't an issue with the old calc so I was wondering if Honko could set something similar with the new one because there are a lot of people who aren't aware of how to make the text normal.

Fantastic work, this will make it easier to show off damage calcs when I post thread comments, I always say I don't have calcs ATM but now I have no reason not to lol. Props to you for taking the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)