Other 6th Gen Pokemon UU Candidate Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to say that haxorus will not be UU. While I cannot say that with certainty, I will frankly be stunned if it is not banned immediately from the tier, or is not the first pokemon to be suspected. Quite simply, it has the attack and speed to decimate the majority of switch-ins to it. It also has the ability and typing to set-up on a good portion of the tier, especially with a lum berry to deal with the few mons who can actually withstand its attacks (but cannot deal with it reliably in return). Although it has some 4MSS to deal with everything in UU or that is UU viable, it will just remain too powerful, and can make small variations in its movepool or held item to beat anything that can stand against it.

Considering the complete and utter failure of any fairy type not named Xerneas when it comes to counter dragons, I doubt any of them except maybe Hydreigon and Haxorus will drop to UU.
If the fairy type was slapped onto something with stats comparable to the common OU dragons (re: 600+ BST) I could definitely see several of them dropping to UU, but right now the only truly great fairy types in OU are Azumarill who frankly isn't that much of a threat to most dragons (it's slower than all of them and they resist Aqua Jet) and Mawile who is completely useless without its mega evo.
You forgot Togekiss, but I do agree with you. And even then, Haxorus was on a decline in usage anyway. Whether he'll be in UU, or baned to BL, is a different story completely.

Offensively, fairy is nifty, but not amazing. While it does hit Dragons, fighting, and Dark, which is a nice combination, it doesn't have a type that compliments it really well. However, Dragonite and Garchomp are still popular.

Out of the new pokemon, I feel that Chesnaught will see good use in UU as a bulky spike-setter. No spinner is able to safely stay in on him, except maybe Ice beam Claydol. Additionally, he has decent synergy with Chandelure and other spinblockers. However, the addition of defog, combined with a lack of spinners in UU (especially IF Blastoise goes to OU), means that defog might be the go-to for removing hazards. This doesn't work well with his x4 weakness to flying.

Clawtizer is another interesting option. Mega Launcher is essentially a free choice specs on Dark pulse, Aura sphere, and dragon pulse. Combine this with his impressive SpAtk, wide movepool, and usable bulk, his only shortcoming is his speed.

I'm sure this one will turn a few heads but I feel like Breloom will drop down to UU this gen. If anyone said this aloud in gen 5 obviously you would be mocked mercilessly, but Gen 6 has been BRUTAL towards out torturous fungi. I'll list my reasons as follows

~ Sleep moves in general being nerfed: In addition to grass types being immune to spore, Sleep's nerf made Rest-Talk as a whole more viable, meaning spore is no longer the free Kill/Set up turn it used to be. Things like Amoongus, Gourgheist, Trevenant, (mega)Venusaur and Celebi (bar fury cutter) completely wall it and can switch in on anything it does while it retaliates with.....nothing really.

~ Gained several new checks/counters: Aegislash is public enemy number one, between it's popularity and resistance to all of loom's common moves, no way you win this one. Talonflame and Volcarona can take anything bar Rock Tomb and are generally more useful as a whole with Excadrill and defog clearing rocks easier than ever. Togekiss and Dragonite are in the same boat.

~ lost the powerful utility in Low sweep: this is slightly less of a nerf considering the awesome rock tomb buff, but losing his (arguably) most consistent stab move for a better coverage move is lame. Having to resort to lol uppercut and lolerpower leaves him wanting for fighting Stab.

Considering the complete and utter failure of any fairy type not named Xerneas when it comes to counter dragons, I doubt any of them except maybe Hydreigon and Haxorus will drop to UU.
If the fairy type was slapped onto something with stats comparable to the common OU dragons (re: 600+ BST) I could definitely see several of them dropping to UU, but right now the only truly great fairy types in OU are Azumarill who frankly isn't that much of a threat to most dragons (it's slower than all of them and they resist Aqua Jet) and Mawile who is completely useless without its mega evo.
I wouldn't really call it a "complete failure" to be honest; I'd rather call it unfinished. Salamence and Hydreigon especially have taken a big hit now that the two premier fairies (Azumarill and Togekiss, and they're definitely moving up) are more than comfortable short-cutting its sweep, and even the more popular dragons' options have been limited thanks to the fairies; things like SubSD-Chomp, Multiscale-shuffling Dragonite and mono-attacking Latias are no longer viable. Countering dragons in the traditional sense is not their best suit, though, because of how skewed the fairies' stats are, and arguably the shift to bulky offence and ubiquitous priority have hurt dragons like Hydreigon and Salamence just as much.

Salamence is more likely to cling on to the lower end of OU for some time I think, but Hydreigon and Haxorus were bound to drop any time now (though they may or may not go the way of Staraptor). The rest of the favourite dragons are still top-notch. Zygarde definitely can hold its own in OU, but because people rather underestimate it, it may not see so much use. (I seriously do not hope Kyurem-B drops down, however unlikely. That way leads utter madness.)

As for other potential UU's, I'm rather on the fence about Breloom. The huge number of nerfs it got was really bad, worst of all being the Sleep nerf. The fact that OU is drowning in Aegislash, Gengar, and Talonflame really doesn't help either. On the other hand, I'm surprised at how many current threats it checks: Azumarill, Excadrill, Rotom-W, and M-Kangaskhan just to name some. It also still has a very good boosted priority on its side and alternatives to Low Sweep, including Force Palm and its nice paralysis chance. Certainly usable in OU, though like the barely-used OU dragons mentioned above, it might be in danger of dropping soon.

Reactions: pom
What's gonna happen with doublade? No recovery sucks but that 150defence in addition to evolite is amazing. It can reach 504 defence and 324 spdef with min/max investment! It can always use resttalk. has an impressive 110atk stat and is immune to toxic and sandstorm. On paper at least it looks better than cofagrigous or will it be like a case of chansey vs blissey?

Hydreigon is actually more usable in this generation because it's the only dragon that actually has room into his movepool for a Steel or Poison move(or just Head Smash, which will OHKO any fairy type anyway), it's one of the few ghost resistors and it's immune to the sticky webs, as well as not having such a bad speed now.
Haxorus might drop, but it will be istantly banned to BL.

You may notice a lot of the pokemon which I think are going to fall into UU are Psychic types. Between Tyranitar, Scizor and Ageislash Psychic typing is pretty much a liability.
Metagross - Metagross was struggling in Generation 5; and Generation 6 has literally brought nothing but nerfs for Metagross. The Steel changes make Metagross now weak to both Ghost and Dark. With pokemon such as Ageislash hanging around; who can pretty much freely set up on Metagross; as well as gaining even more competition as a Steel sweeper because of bulky Mega Scizor; I see no way that Metagross is going to be staying in OU in Gen 6. Fairies get hit hard by Meteor Mash; but Meteor Mash also had it's BP reduced!

Latias [When available; which it will be before UU is formed] - This thing hardly stayed in OU in Gen 6. With the advent of the fairy type; Ageislash's Shadow Sneak [And possible Pursuit!]; Tyranitar being as common as ever; Assault Vest on pokemon such as Goodra and Tyranitar; competition from Latios; and even Talonflame's Priority Brave Bird. There is no way Latias is staying within OU in Generation 6. The Psychic type is an outright liabilty this generation.

Starmie - Let's see; one of the most dangerous pokemon in the entire metagame has STAB Shadow Sneak; Ghost Typing; and base 150 defenses to switch in with; making it a very strong Starmie counter; unless it hits two Hydro Pumps in a row predicting the switch. Hydro Pump; Thunderbolt and Ice Beam all got nerfs. Now let's not forget things like Assault Vest Tyranitar; which is a death sentence. Oh; and when it comes to it's role as 'Fast Water-type attacker with a wide movepool' Greninja outclasses it because it always has STAB.

Alakazam - Mega 'Kazam has the exact issues normal 'Kazam has and hits a little harder and faster; and frankly isn't worth it. Psychic typing; as mentioned before; is a death sentence right now.

Donphan - It's just not that great now it can't help Sun teams. It was always average.

Gastrodon - This thing rose from NU to OU simply because of the over-centralisation of Rain; and the fact it could handle Water+Ice+Electric with no issues at all. Now perma-rain is gone; so is Gastrodon. It may survive in UU; but I think it'll probobly fall further.

Dugtrio - Mainly used by Sun teams to trap threats. No more perma-sun; no more Dugtrio. Also; Mega Gengar. May actually fall lower than UU.

Hippowdon - I don't think Hippowdon will see use in OU without perma-sand.

Toxicroak - A huge sign of the rain over-centralisation. No more perma-rain; no more 'Croak. May fall lower than OU.

Venusaur - Not staying in OU without perma-sun.

Politoed - It MAY survive in UU thanks to Specs Drizzle Hydro Pump or such. I think it may drop further.

Pokemon who will fall lower than UU

Ninetails - Ninetails is garbage that was only OU because of it's broken ability. Now it's ability is gutted. This is going lower than UU; unless ChloroVenusaur is SO broken in UU Ninetails is used. But if that is the case either Ninetails or Venusaur will probobly end up banned to BL. [More likely Venusaur; I see UU having issues with Thick Fat Megasaur too; at which point Ninetails will plummet]

Note:

I have left out Azelf and Celebi due to the simple fact that we do not know their typing yet. Azelf could easily be Psychic/Fairy or pure Fairy; and Celebi may be re-typed to Grass/Fairy. I think both would fall to UU if they remain their current types; Azelf mainly due to Ageislash/Assult Vest/Priority Brave Birds and Celebi almost entirely because of Talonflame. [Although Ageislash helps]

Hydreigon is actually more usable in this generation because it's the only dragon that actually has room into his movepool for a Steel or Poison move(or just Head Smash, which will OHKO any fairy type anyway), it's one of the few ghost resistors and it's immune to the sticky webs, as well as not having such a bad speed now.
Haxorus might drop, but it will be istantly banned to BL.
Hydreigon actually doesn't get Poison moves besides Hidden Power and Toxic (lol), and Flash Cannon can't 2HKO 176 HP Azumarill without rocks (and even then, it's a pretty terrible chance). Head Smash could work since it 2HKO's Azumarill and Togekiss after SR and severely hurts special walls, which is in line with being a wallbreaker (Though surprisingly, it can't 2HKO Bold Sylveon and Clefable without a lot of attack investment). Dark-type really is one of its strengths though, and it helps that it hits Steels now.

Speaking of Clefable, people really underestimate the defensive set, especially Unaware. It's probably not going OU anytime, but it's surprisingly usable there and its new type certainly could help it rise to UU (along with the inevitable dragon invasion).

You may notice a lot of the pokemon which I think are going to fall into UU are Psychic types. Between Tyranitar, Scizor and Ageislash Psychic typing is pretty much a liability.
Metagross - Metagross was struggling in Generation 5; and Generation 6 has literally brought nothing but nerfs for Metagross. The Steel changes make Metagross now weak to both Ghost and Dark. With pokemon such as Ageislash hanging around; who can pretty much freely set up on Metagross; as well as gaining even more competition as a Steel sweeper because of bulky Mega Scizor; I see no way that Metagross is going to be staying in OU in Gen 6. Fairies get hit hard by Meteor Mash; but Meteor Mash also had it's BP reduced!

Latias [When available; which it will be before UU is formed] - This thing hardly stayed in OU in Gen 6. With the advent of the fairy type; Ageislash's Shadow Sneak [And possible Pursuit!]; Tyranitar being as common as ever; Assault Vest on pokemon such as Goodra and Tyranitar; competition from Latios; and even Talonflame's Priority Brave Bird. There is no way Latias is staying within OU in Generation 6. The Psychic type is an outright liabilty this generation.

Starmie - Let's see; one of the most dangerous pokemon in the entire metagame has STAB Shadow Sneak; Ghost Typing; and base 150 defenses to switch in with; making it a very strong Starmie counter; unless it hits two Hydro Pumps in a row predicting the switch. Hydro Pump; Thunderbolt and Ice Beam all got nerfs. Now let's not forget things like Assault Vest Tyranitar; which is a death sentence. Oh; and when it comes to it's role as 'Fast Water-type attacker with a wide movepool' Greninja outclasses it because it always has STAB.

Alakazam - Mega 'Kazam has the exact issues normal 'Kazam has and hits a little harder and faster; and frankly isn't worth it. Psychic typing; as mentioned before; is a death sentence right now.

Mega Alakazam has actually more issues than the standard Alakazam; it loses Magic Guard and its beloved Focus sash, which is his main niche. Also, let's assume that MegaKazam is superior than Alakazam: you still have to start the battle with the standard form. As such, in the usage stats and the tiers, we will still see the names of the normal forms.

Donphan - It's just not that great now it can't help Sun teams. It was always average.

Gastrodon - This thing rose from NU to OU simply because of the over-centralisation of Rain; and the fact it could handle Water+Ice+Electric with no issues at all. Now perma-rain is gone; so is Gastrodon. It may survive in UU; but I think it'll probobly fall further.

Dugtrio - Mainly used by Sun teams to trap threats. No more perma-sun; no more Dugtrio. Also; Mega Gengar. May actually fall lower than UU.

Hippowdon - I don't think Hippowdon will see use in OU without perma-sand.

Implying that the only role of one of the bulkiest Pokémon outside of Ubers, with reliable recovery as well, is the permanent sand.

Toxicroak - A huge sign of the rain over-centralisation. No more perma-rain; no more 'Croak. May fall lower than OU.

Venusaur - Not staying in OU without perma-sun.

Has a very good MegaForm that can check the likes of Keldeo, Blastoise and is a motherfucking grass type with Thick Fat. Not expecting anything lower than BL for him.

Politoed - It MAY survive in UU thanks to Specs Drizzle Hydro Pump or such. I think it may drop further.

Pokemon who will fall lower than UU

Ninetails - Ninetails is garbage that was only OU because of it's broken ability. Now it's ability is gutted. This is going lower than UU; unless ChloroVenusaur is SO broken in UU Ninetails is used.

Note:

I have left out Azelf and Celebi due to the simple fact that we do not know their typing yet. Azelf could easily be Psychic/Fairy or pure Fairy; and Celebi may be re-typed to Grass/Fairy.

Thanks to the GTS we know that their typing are unchanged. However, assuming no ability/movepool change, i don't expect them dropping. Celebi's typing was always godawful, yet it never dropped to UU, even when Scizor started to running around.

You forgot Togekiss, but I do agree with you. And even then, Haxorus was on a decline in usage anyway. Whether he'll be in UU, or baned to BL, is a different story completely.

Offensively, fairy is nifty, but not amazing. While it does hit Dragons, fighting, and Dark, which is a nice combination, it doesn't have a type that compliments it really well. However, Dragonite and Garchomp are still popular.
Ground complements Fairy very well because it hits Fire, Steel, and Poison for super-effective damage, all three of Fairy's resistances. Otherwise, Psychic, Fire, and Water are pretty good for Fairy types as well.

Dugtrio is probably staying OU, simply because Mega Gengar and Talonflame need him to get rid of Tyranitar.

If it does drop, then we may actually see a decline in the Fire-types in UU. :( Between Arcanine, Chandelure, Victini, and Darmanitan...they had such a good run. Please stay OU Dugtrio.

What's gonna happen with doublade? No recovery sucks but that 150defence in addition to evolite is amazing. It can reach 504 defence and 324 spdef with min/max investment! It can always use resttalk. has an impressive 110atk stat and is immune to toxic and sandstorm. On paper at least it looks better than cofagrigous or will it be like a case of chansey vs blissey?
The problem with Doublade is that there are two other Ghost-types with phenominal bulk, one of them not even requiring Evolite. And with many dominant Fire-type threats + the inevitable downfall of Ninetales equaling Sun teams likely becoming popular, Doublade is gonna have a hard time keeping up. Not to mention that he has a very exploitable Special Defense that doesn't even hit 75 with Evolite.

I don't think Togekiss is on the same level as Azumarill and Mega Mawile.
It got screwed big time by being unable to learn Moon Blast, which would have been absolutely terryfing on something with Serene Grace. Instead it has to settle for Dazzling Gleam which is simply not worth running over Air Slash, which has similiar coverage and a 60% chance of flinching at the cost of 5 BP and 5 accuracy.
Of course Togekiss still has a horrible 4 moveslot syndrome so it can't afford to run both its STABs when it needs to pick three of Fire Blast/Aura Sphere, Roost, Thunder Wave/Body Slam, Heal Bell and Nasty Plot.
While its new type gives it new resistances and a dragon immunity, it does nothing to fix its previous weaknesses and it even adds two new ones.
The final nail in the coffin is its base 80 speed, which lower than any common dragon type so it can't fullfill the role of a "dragon counter" when it risks a 2HKO from most of them.

I believe it will be a top threat in UU and perhaps it will go to BL, but it has too many flaws to be consistent in OU.
Togekiss will be OU because of one simple reason - she's one of the most viable Fairies around (which are STILL overhyped by MANY players). She has crippling flaws which you pointed out nicely and I agree with them, but we all know tiers are not based on viability as much as we think, but on popularity as well. There was technically no reason for using Electivire in OU 4 Gen tier, but he ended up in OU anyway. I think if you take into account that reason as well you realise that actually many Pokemon you would normally suspect in UU or even lower will be OU anyway. IMO for example I expect Noivern to be low OU even if realistically it shouldn't be. Boomburst (which for some reason is standard where IMO without STAB backing it up is just weak), interesting design and still good typing (even if stats don't back it up) will IMO keep him in OU. I also suspect for example to end up as low OU Diggersby, which I admit is cool Pokemon with great power (and interesting STAB combination), but everything else on him is lacking. But I noticed that he has many fans which will use him no matter what just to use him. In other words for analyzes like those taking into account 'popularity' should be considered as well ;).

I don't think Togekiss is on the same level as Azumarill and Mega Mawile.
It got screwed big time by being unable to learn Moon Blast, which would have been absolutely terryfing on something with Serene Grace. Instead it has to settle for Dazzling Gleam which is simply not worth running over Air Slash, which has similiar coverage and a 60% chance of flinching at the cost of 5 BP and 5 accuracy.
Of course Togekiss still has a horrible 4 moveslot syndrome so it can't afford to run both its STABs when it needs to pick three of Fire Blast/Aura Sphere, Roost, Thunder Wave/Body Slam, Heal Bell and Nasty Plot.
While its new type gives it new resistances and a dragon immunity, it does nothing to fix its previous weaknesses and it even adds two new ones.
The final nail in the coffin is its base 80 speed, which clower than any common dragon type so it can't fullfill the role of a "dragon counter" when it risks a 2HKO from most of them.

I believe it will be a top threat in UU and perhaps it will go to BL, but it has too many flaws to be consistent in OU.
I'm not gonna lie, I've been using her in OU and she's pretty legit, especially with all the Dragons running around. She's also a nice substitute for Jirachi, who is currently unavailable in the regular Gen VI OU. She's in the running for best Fairy-type that isn't Xerneas.
Whether or not she'll stay in UU is certainly up in the air, but currently I think she's good enough to move up a tier this gen.

Togekiss will be OU because of one simple reason - she's one of the most viable Fairies around (which are STILL overhyped by MANY players). She has crippling flaws which you pointed out nicely and I agree with them, but we all know tiers are not based on viability as much as we think, but on popularity as well. There was technically no reason for using Electivire in OU 4 Gen tier, but he ended up in OU anyway. I think if you take into account that reason as well you realise that actually many Pokemon you would normally suspect in UU or even lower will be OU anyway. IMO for example I expect Noivern to be low OU even if realistically it shouldn't be. Boomburst (which for some reason is standard where IMO without STAB backing it up is just weak), interesting design and still good typing (even if stats don't back it up) will IMO keep him in OU. I also suspect for example to end up as low OU Diggersby, which I admit is cool Pokemon with great power (and interesting STAB combination), but everything else on him is lacking. But I noticed that he has many fans which will use him no matter what just to use him. In other words for analyzes like those taking into account 'popularity' should be considered as well ;).
There was a reason, Gyaravire. You forget TeamPreview wasn't a thing, this made the Gyaravire set effective, as it was versatile. You didn't even need to have Gyarados to work, it worked with Partners, such as Starmie back then. As for what will be UU, I'd say Florges is a good candidate. It has great Special bulk, but even with the resistances, it can't take physical moves, Scizor and Gengar are the bane of its existence.

Dugtrio is probably staying OU, simply because Mega Gengar and Talonflame need him to get rid of Tyranitar.

If it does drop, then we may actually see a decline in the Fire-types in UU. :( Between Arcanine, Chandelure, Victini, and Darmanitan...they had such a good run. Please stay OU Dugtrio.
Chandelure is immune to Arena Trap.

I don't see trapping abilities being enough to justify using a 405 BST Pokemon in OU anymore. The comparison to Mega Gengar is just silly: Gengar is faster, has 170/130 attacking stats compared to 80/120, and has 60/80/95 defenses compared to 35/50/70. Dugtrio makes Gengar look like a tank. Beating Tyranitar just isn't enough of a reason to use it anymore, not when weather isn't such a big deal now and when the power level of things able to break through Tyranitar just keeps increasing.

On boomburst: Boomburst is Noivern's most powerful attack outside of Draco Meteor and Hurricaine, both of which have drawbacks that prevent them from being spammed. Even with STAB, dragon pulse and air slash are weaker than Boomburst. It's not used on every set, but sets that want a a good safe move to spam probably should run boomburst.

Also, Diggersby has more attack than Azumarill, U-Turn, better coverage, and more switch in opportunities. Essentially, he is better azumarill before azumarill gained a secondary typing (and maybe BD, though I'm not a fan of the BD sets). While his chances of being good in OU are slim due to rampant priority and being less useful than kangha, he has a lot more going for him than just attack.

There was a reason, Gyaravire. You forget TeamPreview wasn't a thing, this made the Gyaravire set effective, as it was versatile. You didn't even need to have Gyarados to work, it worked with Partners, such as Starmie back then. As for what will be UU, I'd say Florges is a good candidate. It has great Special bulk, but even with the resistances, it can't take physical moves, Scizor and Gengar are the bane of its existence.
Electivire's main problem in Gen 4 is that it had neither excellent speed nor bulk to make its offensive role truly effective, and was pretty reliant on a Motor Drive boost to sweep. The other being its lack of powerful physical moves to complement its excellent attack and no good way to boost it, which more often than not required it to split its offences using its weaker Special Attack.

By and by, I wouldn't quite compare Togekiss to Electivire. For one thing, Togekiss has a very usable bulk and useful resistances to take advantage of, something Electivire doesn't have. (and also Nasty Plot.) One of the biggest being not the dragon immunity but the new resistances to Fighting and Dark, which are very common attacking types with widespread priority moves, which is a big enough change that does increase its viability in OU. I do think however, that too many people are trying to use it as a straight sweeper, which it really isn't without building a whole team on Silly Strings.

EDIT: For what it's worth, bulky-attacking Life Orb sets are surprisingly potent and a nice offensive pivot. Dazzling Gleam actually 2HKO's Rotom-W after SR.

Last edited:
Electivire's main problem in Gen 4 is that it had neither excellent speed nor bulk to make its offensive role truly effective, and was pretty reliant on a Motor Drive boost to sweep. The other being its lack of powerful physical moves to complement its excellent attack and no good way to boost it, which more often than not required it to split its offences using its weaker Special Attack.

By and by, I wouldn't quite compare Togekiss to Electivire. For one thing, Togekiss has a very usable bulk and useful resistances to take advantage of, something Electivire doesn't have. (and also Nasty Plot.) One of the biggest being not the dragon immunity but the new resistances to Fighting and Dark, which are very common attacking types with widespread priority moves, which is a big enough change that does increase its viability in OU. I do think however, that too many people are trying to use it as a straight sweeper, which it really isn't without building a whole team on Silly Strings.

EDIT: For what it's worth, bulky-attacking Life Orb sets are surprisingly potent and a nice offensive pivot. Dazzling Gleam actually 2HKO's Rotom-W after SR.
I never said it was good, just that he had that little niche which attracted people, of course it was blown out of proportion.

Yeah, GyraVire was overhyped even in fourth gen, when it was at its best.
"BUT ELECTIVIRE CAN HIT 14/17 TYPES SUPER EFFECTIVELY!!!!!"

and i see people here
predicting Latias to drop.
lol. i seriously did laugh out loud.

even if people don't use her for some bizarrely stupid reason, she's still considered A-Rank in the viability thread for last gen. sure, last gen =/= this gen, but she's still here to take those hits and be quick with nice damage from a base 110 special attack. she would be bl at absolute worst.

Eh, if Latias did drop, I wouldn't assume she'd be banned, with all the ridiculous stuff UU's likely to get. But with a Mega Evolution on the way, that's getting less likely in the long run. In particular, if she gets virtually the same Mega as her brother, as the appearances suggest, she'd be the superior choice to make use of it due to having better defensive stats to use when switching in.

But that's getting a bit into speculation. More to the point, with Goodra and Zygarde entering the pool of OU-viable dragons, there aren't going to be room for all of them. Although granted, we could very well see Haxorus drop to make room and Zygarde filling different roles since it doesn't even use Dragon moves on its apparently best sets, which would balance things out. It does seem a bit crowded to have Latios, Latias, Hydreigon, and Goodra all ending up as OU specially-based dragons, but it's not inconceivable.

Yeah, GyraVire was overhyped even in fourth gen, when it was at its best.
"BUT ELECTIVIRE CAN HIT 14/17 TYPES SUPER EFFECTIVELY!!!!!"

and i see people here
predicting Latias to drop.
lol. i seriously did laugh out loud.

even if people don't use her for some bizarrely stupid reason, she's still considered A-Rank in the viability thread for last gen. sure, last gen =/= this gen, but she's still here to take those hits and be quick with nice damage from a base 110 special attack. she would be bl at absolute worst.
Which people are predicting? There was ONE person saying that, and he also said Alakazam isn't worth using.

I honestly don't see The Fairy Type being the big Dragon Slaying Type people are hyping it up to be. One if you Draco/Outrage into a Fairy on the switch in say a Azumarill switches in onto the Garchomp's Outrage, you don't receive the negative effects of those moves. Secondly, Only three Fairies outside of Xerneas and Fairy Arceus seem viable, being Mawile, Togekiss, and Azumarill, with the former needing to eat up your Mega slot to not be dead weight, meaning you can't use Mega Khan, Mega Gengar or any other Mega. As I said, three fairies aren't gonna stop a Legion of Dragons. The only Dragons I see dropping from OU were ones that were slipping in usage anyway like Haxorus, but Haxorus will almost certainly get banned to BL, and maybe Hydreigon with that x4 Fairy Weakness, but again, something that Powerful is likely gonna be relegated to BL. Overall, I think Fairy has balanced Dragons to the point where there not the end all type to use, but I feel Fairy is gonna affect the Dark and Fighting types more then the Dragon type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)