1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

_-~SPL AWARDS~-_

Discussion in 'Smogon Premier League' started by Synre, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navy

Navy

Best Argument.
  2. yondie

yondie mitt game strong
    is a Past WCoP Winner

biggest john
  3. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Luckiest Performance - Awarded to the player/battle with the most outrageous luck involved
  4. Human

Human

Dumb Hax.
    Would have won if he didn't get that hax.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

I'd vote for Dumb Hax personally :pimp:
  5. ENZ0

ENZ0
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

BEST TAUROS.
  6. TV-Rocka

TV-Rocka
    is a Pre-Contributor

7. Badal

Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Best Ass manager
  8. Synre

Synre
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Too lazy to update OP but probably will send prospective list of awards to other managers in the next couple days and maybe we can get voting done in time to release results as finals end.

So if you guys are holding on to any clever ideas probably time to let that shit go.
  9. Synre

Synre
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I got a little behind on this with Smogon being temporarily destroyed by lasers or whatever and then finals coming but ballots were sent out today. Here is what I sent to keep everyone in the loop:

Also I found out Hunt does in fact have assistants after I sent this but for some reason they aren't listed on the roster page so they can deal with this themselves I guess.

10. Synre

Synre

Anyway people are being super lazy on this I'll give it another 24 or 48 hours and then just tally it up with half the submissions missing.

If you aren't a manager of one of the four playoff teams probably you didn't bother to vote so you should get on this. Or hopefully you aren't one of those people and would instead like to harass them to get their votes in for me. Yeah.
  11. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

VOTE OR DIE!
  12. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

Option C
  13. Conflict

Conflict And who are you, the proud lord said That I must bow so low?
    is a Pre-Contributoris a SPL Winner

Attempt failed.
  14. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

15. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

ill just say i was all spl team dpp uu..thanks to all that voted for me
  16. Synre

Synre

ill total this up tomorrow or something but yeah still at super impressive 50% voter turnout

whcih strangley includes some people who barely did anything during the actual spl
  17. Synre

Synre

Results for SPL awards finally up here as I officially give up on getting votes. Speaking of which, here are the votes I actually received seperated by team:

Sharks 2/2
    Ruiners 2/2
    Scooters 2/2
    Wolfpack 2/2
    Tigers 0/2
    Bigs 1/2
    Brits 1/2
    Classiest 1/2
    Cryonicles 1/2
    LonelyNess: 0/1

There was a clause with the voting that voters couldn't vote for their own team, so if a vote within a few points with a player who's managers voted losing to one who didn't I had every intention to give it to the person from the team that actually voted, since that's probably would have happened anyway. I never actually thought a situation was appropriate to do so, but I'm totally willing to change something posthumously there if someone makes a good argument. Every category required a 1st/2nd/3rd vote with a 5-3-1 point system awarded. If managers were too stupid to actually fill out all 3 for the category I should probably have had some sort of penalty, but really at this point I'm just happy some people voted at all. This also goes for people who voted for people for rookie of the year who weren't actually rookies, which is mindblowing but I hopefully just ignored those votes.

Since 11 of us voted, the most any one player could get in any category ranged from 50-60 points depending on if they were on a team with active managers who actually voted or not. I arbitrarily included Honorable Mentions to people who were relatively close to the top 2 in a given category.

Most Valuable Player
    Description: Awarded to the player most valuable to his team's success. This is subjective, but keep in mind things like record, how successful the player was when it counted, and the player's willingness to help their teams as important factors.

Winner: trickroom (Wifi Wolfpack) [22 points]
    Runner-Up: reachzero (Wifi Wolfpack) [18 points]
    Honorable Mentions: The Chaser (Alpha Ruiners) [17 Points], Eo Ut Mortus (Congregation of the Classiest) [13 Points]

Best Value
    Description: Awarded to the player who was most valuable relative to his salary. Think players like apologies last year who was like 6-1 or whatever for 3k.

Winner: eaglesrock (Indie Scooters) [45 Points]
    Runner-Up: Smurf. (Stark Sharks) [15 Points]
    Honorable Mention: Indra (Smogon's Greatest Brits) [12 Points]

The amazing reyscarface award
    Description: The player who was the whiniest, most obnoxious competitor in SPL. Some subjectivity here, obviously, but I'd wager most of you have people in mind.

Loser: reyscarface (Wifi Wolfpack) [45 Points]
    Runner-Up: Scofield (Alpha Ruiners) [32 Points]
    Dishonorable Mentions: Snunch (Congregation of the Classiest) [6 Points], badass (The Cryonicles) [5 Points], LonelyNess [5 Points]

Rookie of the Year
    Description: Awarded to the player who did not participate in SPL1 who was the biggest asset to his SPL2 team.

Winner: trickroom (Wifi Wolfpack) [40 Points]
    Runner-Up: ]V[ajin Tupac_Z (Circus Maximus Tigers) [21 Points]
    Honorable Mentions: eaglesrock (Indie Scooters) [15 Points], OmegaDonut (Smogon's Greatest Brits) [10 Points]

Best Sub/11th Man
    Description: Awarded to the player who started out the season benched or who was often not a starter that came through for his team when the team finally ended up playing him.

Winner: Lakers (Wifi Wolfpack) [20 Points]
    Runner-up: symphonyx64 (Evergrande Bigs) [18 Points]
    Honorable Mentions: Indra (Smogon's Greatest Brits) and Human (Cryonicles) [16 Points], Ala (Stark Sharks) [9 Points]

Team Awards

Biggest Surprise

Description: Awarded to team that surprised you by performing differently than you expected them to. Hopefully either a team you expected to be terrible that wound up being good or a good team that wound up being great, but possibly just a team that you expected to be good that was terrible instead.

Winner: Cryonicles [19 Points]
    Runners Up(tie): Stark Sharks and Congregation of the Classiest [18 Points]
    Honorable Mentions: Indie Scooters, Team Raiders, and Smogon's Greatest Brits [9 Points], Circus Maximus Tigers [8 Points]

In retrospect this category was way too ambiguous, as evidenced by the spread of votes. Probably won't keep this next year.

Best Managed
    Description: To be awarded to the management team you thought did the best job encompassing everything a manager has to do. Includes drafting and retaining, being clever about setting rosters, making smart trades throughout the season, and anything else you might attribute to management... (vote for teams on this one)

Winner: Indie Scooters [36 Points]
    Runner-up: Stark Sharks [26 Points]
    Honorable Mentions: Wifi Wolfpack [15 Points], Smogon's Greatest Brits [11 Points]

The All-SPL Team
    Description: For this final award, simply fill out who you'd pick for each SPL metagame if you had everyone who played in the SPL available to play one game in each metagame and you absolutely had to win it. Judge based on how well you think players played in their respective metagames, not necessarily on their record, which we could just do objectively. Players must have played at least 3 games in the given metagame to be eligible. You still can't vote for your own players. (Only one point per vote here, no 5-3-1)

SPL All-Star Team
    BW OU: Iconic (Wifi Wolfpack) [8 Points]
    BW OU: Eternal (Stark Sharks) [7 Points]
    BW OU: Indra (Smogon's Greatest Brits) and Atticus (Indie Scooters) [5 Points]
    BW Ubers: trickroom (Wifi Wolfpack) [7 Points]
    VGC: OmegaDonut (Smogon's Greatest Brits) [9 Points]
    DP OU: eaglesrock (Indie Scooters) [8 Points]
    DPP UU: ToF (Smogon's Greatest Brits) [7 Points]
    ADV OU: ]V[ajin Tupac_Z (Circus Maximus Tigers) [7 Points]
    GSC OU: Giga Punch (Smogon's Greatest Brits) [5 Points]
    RBY OU: dbolt (Evergrande Bigs) [5 Points]

SPL All-Star Second Team
    BW OU: hanke (Alpha Ruiners) [4 Points]
    BW OU: Folgorio (Indie Scooters) [2 Points]
    BW OU: Lady Bug (Stark Sharks) [2 Points]
    BW Ubers: Eo Eu Mortus (Congregation of the Classiest) [4 Points]
    VGC 2011: Huy (Congregation of the Classiest) [3 Points]
    DPP OU: panamaxis (Stark Sharks) [3 Points]
    DPP UU: Bluewind (Circus Maximus Tigers) [4 Points]
    ADV OU: goofball (Wifi Wolfpack) [3 Points]
    GSC OU: g80 (Indie Scooters) [4 Points]
    RBY OU: The Chaser (Alpha Ruiners) [4 Points]
  18. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

im the greatest
  19. makiri

makiri My vast and supreme will shall be done!
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Note to self: Talk up my own players and we will sweep the awards much like the Wolfpack and their big mouths.
  20. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

conflict could sure use the encouragement

thanks for doing these synre
  21. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

lol i have no idea where that came from but ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like i said i would have voted MoP for MVP if i could have

thanks for doing these Synre
  22. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

Thanks Teifu
  23. symphonyx64

symphonyx64 Private messages are the best way to reach me
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I won something for once, yeah. Thanks Synre!
  24. Fabbles

Fabbles LN_Slayer
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Congrats symph, you were great for us.

Jabba and Solace were supposed to do the votes for us, so I am not sure which one did not.

Glad to see these done.
  25. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

how is tc not in the all star team?

Have a nice day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)