A Baby Hippo's Sandstorm Team

Hippopotas / Evolite/ 128Def / 128Spd / 252Hp / Sand Stream/ Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Yawn
-Earthquake
-Slack Off

This small, helpless hippo is the center of my team. It usually sets up Stealth rocks, then yawns. With evolite, its defences are higher than hippowdon. After it yawns, and the opponent falls asleep (or they switchout) it either slacks off or I switch into my ferroseed and set up spikes. Sometimes I switch into a shell smasher, and shell smash twice, usually giving me a huge oppertunity to sweep. On the darker side this thing can only survive 2~3 supereffective attacks berfore fainting.

Staraptor / LifeOrb / 252Atk / 252Spe / 4Hp / Reckless / Adamant
-Close combat
-Brave bird
-Double edge
-U-turn

Oddly enough, this bird found a great spot in my team. It's usually used for suicide sweeps. With reckless+stab+life orb, this thing can take out a golurk with one brave bird. The recoil gives my poor starptor about 1/3 damge in recoil though. Starartor usually OHKO's about 2~3 pokemon before fainting honerably. Unfortunantly it has a real problem with Curse Steelix, and it can almost never take a hit. I desperatly tried to HP EV it, but to no avail. On the bright side, it makes an insane late game sweeper, due to the fact that it quashes any last ditch effort made by the opponent, due to it's blistering spped.

Cacturne / Brightpowder / 252Atk / 4Spd / 252Spe / SandVeil / Adamant
-Swords dance
-Sucker punch
-Substitute
-Focus punch

This is my favorite ionic pokemon. This "thing" ends games. This "thing" usually sets up a sub, then swords dances 3x and gets atk stats up to a skull-cracking 1444. Then on top of it all it has huge evasion with brightpowder and sand veil, so it can set up almost uninterupted. It has a huge problem with Gengars running sub and disable. He also has to overcome the fact that priority moves, even the weak ones OHKO him. It is also almost vital that he sets up sub to protect him. As I said earlier, the most miniscule moves OHKO him.

Crustle / White Herb / 252Atk / 252Spe / 4Def / Sturdy / Adamant
-Shell smash
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-X-scissor

I love this little guy. He can take gargantuan blows, survive them with sturdy, shell smash, the proceed to sweep. The lovely combo of Stone Edge and Earthquake gives him perfect coverage. Life isn't all good for this strange crustation though, entry hazards such as stealth rocks and spikes wreck him, break his sturdy, and often destroy what was once a good sweeper. White herb is for the strange situation in which crustle doesn't take any damage, and sets up uninterrupted. He often sees play in late games, or when my little hippopotas puts my opponent to sleep.

Carracosta / Life Orb / 252Atk / 252Spe / 4Hp / Solid Rock / Adamant
-Shell Break
-Stone Edge
-Waterfall
-Earthquake

My second shell-smasher, I put her in just for the filler. She really isn't anything special, she usually gets 2~3 knockouts, then dies because of her own life orb. I'm looking to replace her. She makes a great switch in, seeing as she can take a hit or two. Solid rock is used as a petty mock-up of sturdy.
She is deathly afraid of energy ball, even when her stats are boosted in the sandstorm. She also is my Rain Team counter, because waterfall gets a fairly large boost.

Ferroseed / Evolite / 252Def / 252Hp / 4Spd / Iron Barbs / Impish
-Leech seed
-Thunderwave
-Spikes
-Explosion

My utility spiker. With evolite, his stats almost rival Ferrothorn. He can usually take a hit or two, and set up spikes. I didn't EV in SPD because the sandstorm doubles it. I used him over the clear choice of ferrothorn for originality, and to keep the Tier in UU. T-Wave is to set up pokemon like crustle or carracosta. Explosion rarely sees play, because ferroseed has a pathetic ATK stat. Leech seed is used to destroy walls, and to help set up some of my sweepers.

Please rate/fix my team

Sorry about not making my decriptions long enough haunter, really don't want any mods angry at me. I fixed the problem as best as I could.

Another thing, you say ss doubles ferro's spdef, but ss only boosts rock types, and even then only by 1.5x. Id also reccomend a spinner on that team over maybe one of your shell smashers. Donphan could work I guess.

First off I know brightpowder is banned, this is actually my StreetPKMN team so the Evasion clause is irrelevant. Also I didn't know that sandstorm only boosted rock SPD. I am kind of a noob, and this was my first team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)