A battle of two weakmons! LevitatingLamprey versus Terrador!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. It seems I've been called to ref a match between an incredibly powerless challenge-seeker and an incredibly frail challenge-acceptor. I come up to the arena, to see this:

2 Day DQ
3 Recoveries/5 Chills
ARENA: Sparkworks Junkyard
Let's see...It's just a scrap heap full of semifunctional electrical equipment and lots of places to hide. Rotom appliances are lying around, looking VERY suspicious. In fact, did I just see one move? Eeeeeep! If provoked, Rotom may attack indiscriminately with a Discharge or appliance specific move, and will randomly change between appliances. There are many large puddles around but no real water source, and a hot, dry wind relentlessly but lazily buffets all those who wander into the domain of the spark ghost!

-Rotom appliances will attack if provoked using Discharge/ specific appliance move and randomly change between turns.

-Many hiding places

-Puddle-covered ground

-SLight wind

1 ability
no items.
Switch= http://nyan.cat/

My. This does not seem friendly.

Let's see the teams.
Tynamo(*)
Hajike (M)

Nature: Brave (+1 Rank to Attack, -15% speed, +10 flat accuracy to the opponent.
Type: Electric
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain.

Abilities: Levitate
Levitate: (Trait) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 52 (60/1.15^) (-)

EC: 0/9
MC: 9
DC: 0/5

Attacks
Tackle (*)
Thunderwave (*)
Spark (*)
Charge Beam (*)
Fairly weak.

Abra [Adrian] (Male)
Nature: Hasty (+15% Spe, +30 Acc, -1 Def)
Type: Psychic
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Magic Guard (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.

Stats:
HP: 80
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 0 (-)
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 104 (+)

EC: 3/4/9
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Attacks:
Teleport

Encore
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Reflect
Light Screen
Zap Cannon
Fairly frail.

"Two weakmons, an arena in favor of the weaker mon...hmm. Let's battle."

Terrador posts actions/ability (Tynamo has no non-trait abilities, so yeah.)
LL posts actions
I ref

Psychic ~ Shadow Ball ~ Psychic

IF Tynamo uses Charge Beam at any time, THEN use Light Screen ~ Psychic ~ Psychic.

Using Synchronize.

OK Hajike, we're up against a tough opponent and our movepool is frankly rubbish, but we've got to work with something! OK, start by using Thunder Wave on some semifunctional machinery near Abra, hopefully causing it to short out in its face or form an electrified surface it won't want to touch! Next, Tackle it with all your might and then quickly throw another physical ram in the form of a Spark. After this, hide behind a junk pile.

Thunder Wave machinery (if this is invalid use Spark on Abra instead)-Tackle-Spark [then hide (if possible)]

LL | Terrador
Hajike | Adrian
Tynamo M | Abra M
Nature: Brave | Hasty
Ability: Levitate | Synchronize
Hp: 90 | 80
Atk: 3 | 1
Def: 2 | 0
SpA: 2 | 4
SpD: 2 | 2
Spe: 52 (-10 evasion) | 104 (+30 accuracy)
Energy: 100 | 100
Boosts: None
Chills: 5 | 5

*flavor coming soon*

LL | Terrador
Hajike | Adrian
Tynamo M | Abra M
Hp: 49 | 43
Energy: 87 | 82

Turn 1:
Abra used Psychic! No crit, no drop, deals 15 damage.

Tynamo used Thunder Wave on a random machine!
What results from each roll:
No Rotom=from rank 3 STAB
Rotom=from rank 4 STAB
1=Oven (Flame Burst)
2=Fan (Air Slash)
3=Lawnmower (Magical Leaf)
4=Fridge (Icy Wind)
5=Washing Machine (Bubblebeam)
6=Nightlight (Signal Beam)
7=Blender (Sludge)
8=Toy Robot (Vacuum Wave)
9=Rotom-possessed Oven (Overheat)
10=Rotom-possessed Fan (Hurricane)
11=Rotom-possessed Lawnmower (Leaf Storm)
12=Fridge (Blizzard)
13=Washing Machine (Hydro Pump)
14=Nightlight (Bug Buzz)
15=Blender (Sludge Bomb)
16=Toy Robot (Focus Blast)
Rolls a 5. Bubblebeam was used against Abra! No crit, deals 12 damage.

Turn 2:
Abra used Shadow Ball! No crit, no drop, deals 11 damage.

Tynamo used Tackle! No crit, deals 10 damage.

Turn 3:
Abra used Psychic! No crit, no drop, deals 15 damage.

Tynamo used Spark! No crit, no paralysis, deals 15 damage.

LevitatingLamprey is up!

01:11 Tortferngatr I know what the combo costs w/o movespam penalty.
01:12 Tortferngatr What happens otherwise?
01:12 Terrador No movepsam penalty
01:12 Terrador To the best of my knowledge
01:12 Terrador But if you want to bust the comboer's balls, go right ahead.

...Hate to say it, but when I said Aura Sphere on IRC, I meant Psychic. Sorry. And honestly...in the end, I decided that it made the most sense to ref it like this anyway-you're trying to squeeze a very large amount of energy (the amount needed for a normal combo) out of an exhausted attack center, of course it's going to cost absurd amounts of EN.

LL | Terrador
Hajike | Adrian
Tynamo M | Abra M
Hp: 49 | 43
Energy: 87 | 82

"My, this is quick. Adrian spams his innate Psychic powers, launching Hajike into the ground, while he tackles Adrian while Sparking.

Abra charges up something. Hajike simply Sparks again, paralyzing his foe this time-but Synchronization means that Hajike isn't immune to his own shocks, and he's paralyzed too.

At this point, drawing as much energy as he can into his central cortex, Abra unleashes a MASSIVE Psychic assault at Hajike, sparks be darned. This launches Hajike deeper into the ground, so hard it disorients Hajike into a special defense drop. He has to rest from the combo afterwards, and after all the exertion he did on his previous Psychic assaults, he grows incredibly weary. Hajike, however, gets up, before releasing a final Spark into his foe.

Incidentally, had Abra released two separate Psychics, he would have had a better chance to win. Alas, that is the price of haste..."

LL | Terrador
Hajike | Adrian
Tynamo M | Abra M
Hp: 8 | 0
Energy: 51 | 3
Boosts: -1 special defense | None

Turn 1:
Abra used Psychic! No crit, no drop, deals 15 damage. Costs 10 energy.
Tynamo used Spark! No crit, no para, deals 15 damage. Costs 8 energy.

Turn 2:
Tynamo used Spark! No crit, paralyzes for 20%, deals 15 damage. Costs 12 energy.
Abra Synchronized with Tynamo, paralyzing it too!

Abra can still move!
Abra used Psychic+Psychic combo! Deals 26 damage, causes a special defense drop, no crit. Assuming that after 2 prior usages of Psychic, (15+19)*2-1=67 energy cost.

Turn 3:
Abra is recharging!

Tynamo can still move!
Tynamo used Spark! No crit, no paralysis, deals 15 damage, putting Abra at -2 HP. No crit, costs 16 energy.

"Victory goes to LevitatingLamprey! Apparently it is BAD to be frail without Counter!

Speaking of counters,
All mons get 1/2/1 counters.
Bog standard fare.
Tynamo gets a KOC.

I get 2 RC.

See you all next time!"

GG Terrador, who was expecting a Tynamo to come out on top???? I guess it IS bad to be frail without Counter! Alos, thanks for the great reffing, Tortferngatr! Maybe when Abra and Tynamo have evolved we could have a rematch? *pokes* \('w^)/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)