1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

A Bonnett Introspective

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Bonnett, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Shen

Shen

Interesting conclusion; I pretty much came to the same one myself, but was on the side more in favour of suspending logic. After all, what is a religion other than a way of living your life in a way society views as good and just? Having a faith just means you have a way of justifying your good actions rather than just doing it because of some personal notion of right and wrong.

But this thread is about kickass stories, not religious debates. If you were an author, I'd read your books. (Also, your intro about stories was reminiscent of Terry Pratchett's "Witches Abroad" in my mind, nice one.)
  2. Ecnemalas

Ecnemalas

wow man, your life is pretty eventful. either that or you're one of the only people i know that can take anything and turn it into one of the greatest anecdotes ever. still, your writing is only encompassed by how awesome the subject of it is.

if you're going to write anything else soon, just pick whatever because from what i can see all of the options are pretty cool.
  3. monkfish

monkfish what are birds?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Man, you are a brilliant writer, I haven't read the earlier stuff so I'll have to go back. Where in England are you from, by the way?

ps
    ???? W___W
  4. Bonnett

Bonnett

Hey Adam, I haven't really straight out told my mother as whenever I drop opinions and things into conversation she gets really defensive about religion and I back down as I don't want to stress her out without needing to. My current plan is essentially to ride out the storm until I go into officer training and then after that I won't be living at home again and so won't have to confront it. I know it sounds weak not to be honest with my own mother but she will be happier if she thinks I still believe in God.

monk lad, I'm from Hitchin and I'm at uni in Southampton.
  5. monkfish

monkfish what are birds?

My friend is going to Soton next year :) Er, how did you find the time (and money I suppose) to do all this if you're a student?
  6. Bonnett

Bonnett

RAF bursary and most of what I do is funded by the RAF
  7. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

I wouldn't consider that weak at all. I can only imagine how disappointing finding something like that out could be for some people, sometimes a lie really isn't the worst solution.
  8. Surgo

Surgo goes to eleven
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I just finished reading a whole bunch of Bonnett stories and I have to say they are universally amazing.
  9. monkfish

monkfish what are birds?

I just read your indian adventure thread and hahahahaha

keep writing man
  10. Hyra

Hyra
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Hm... Amazing stories... But you still have like 5 pictures you said you would post and didn't. I demand them. And I'm sure people are still waiting on them.
  11. Bonnett

Bonnett

I'm afraid you're going to have to remind me because it's been over 18 months

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)