A brief look in the life of the Senior Dallas Champion. (My Warstory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brief warstory that mainly focuses on my toughest matches.

Round 1: Me vs. Brandon C.

Hydreigon >> Serperior >> ??? >> ???

Honestly don't remember too much. Or even if he lead with those pokemon. I do remember my Hydreigon missed with Draco Meteor while his used Double Team. It didn't do anything however. Either way it wasn't a good match has I either swept 4-0 or 3-0. I don't know.

Round 2: Me vs. Aaron G.

For those who don't know Aaron. He got 7th at World's last year and was sitting behind my buddy and I while we were waiting in line to get registered. I was very intimidated has he and his little brother looked and were very experinced. Aaron, like me, was running a goodstuffs team so I knew the battle wasn't going to be easy.

Terrakion >> Tornadus >> Conkeldurr >> Hydreigon.

I used protect on Hydreigon to protect my baby. His tornadus used Substitute. Jellicent's Water Spout broke Tornadus's sub and put his Terrakion down to sash while Terrakion tried to use Close Combat on my Hydreigon. Tornadus then used Tailwind while I launched another Water Spout. Terrakion used Protect. Hydreigon then used Surf to finish Tornadus. Out goes his Conkeldurr. Terrakion used Rock Slide and flinches my Hydreigon. That'll hurt me. I would have finished his Conkeldurr. Jellicent finishes off his Terrakion and does some damage to his Conkeldurr. Drain Punch finishes off my Hydreigon. Out goes his Hydreigon and out goes my Conkeldurr. His Hydreigon outsped my Jellicent and finished it off with Dark Pulse while my Conkeldurr used Protect and his Conkeldurr used Drain Punch on it. Out goes my Eelektross for an even 2-2 match. My Conkeldurr's Mach Punch almost kills Hydreigon (it carried life orb) while Eelektross's HP Ice finishes it off. His Hydreigon used Draco Meteor and OHKO'd Conkeldurr. His Conkeldurr used Drain Punch on my Eelektross and put him in Sitrus Berry range. From there I was like "Oh my god... I just lost this..." Eelektross had 84 HP. I used protect the next turn to see if I could burn stall his Conkeldurr. I couldn't. Now I literally considered using protect again, but I didn't and used Thunderbolt and prayed for the best. There goes Mach Punch and Eelektross is left with 5 HP! OHHH!!! OH MY GOD!! I JUST BEAT THE 7TH BEST IN THE WORLD! Thunderbolt finishes his Conkeldurr and Aaron looked deeply disappointed. I felt guilty too, has I know it would have been him and I if I hadn't faced him in Round 2. Oh yeah, I saved this video in case you can't tell by every detail.

Round 3: Me vs. Connor H.

Well he had a Samurot. I know that.

Connor was a very nice kid but he said he literally was shocked he got this far, but so was I after Round 2. Now I don't remember much, but it was swift and I shook his hand, congratulated him for making it this far, and walked off to Area 4.

Round 4: Me vs. Mark G. (Aaron G's little brother!)

Mark went to Nationals in the Junior division and did well, but not too well. I was worried because I knew he ran a Trick Room team, but I ran 2 trick room team abusers so I just hoped for the best.

Cofagirgus >> Amoonguss >> Eelektross >> ??? (I think Reuniclus...)

Joyful, my first trick room team. I asked why he lead with Cofagirgus and he said "It has more bulk." Fair enough. Of course, Amoonguss used Rage Powder while Jelli used Taunt. Amoonguss however had Mental Herb. Hydreigon used Flamethrower on Amoonguss for eh damage while Cofagirgus used Trick Room. I switched Jelli out for Eelektross. (I believe) Amoonguss used Spore on Hydreigon and I don't remember what Cofagirgus used, but Hydreigon woke up instantly and finished off his Amoonguss. Everything from there is blurry. I do remember Hydreigon fell asleep again, (I don't remember how...) His Eelektross used Thunderbolt on my Jelli and OHKO'd it, (it had Electric Orb) Conkeldurr was pretty useless I think, and it ended up with my Eelektross vs. his Eelektross. Has you should remember, my eelektross had a sitrus berry while his didn't. I had it won but it was still very close with a 1-0 victory. Now I know, I know. I just wiped out probably the best family at the Dallas VGC's (sorry Pikabuddy...) His family was very proud of their sons performance and cheered me on has I walked into the Finalist's Lounge.

Finals:

I sat in my finalist chair and blarred some Yellowcard to calm my nerves. Wasn't long before people started showing up. The kid in front of me was very very cocky, saying "I'm going to destroy you!" What a joke. He didn't even make it to the the top 8. But it wasn't long talking to me that my cool and calm attitude made him nervous. Anyway, they put in too many people in the Senior Divison and they ended up with 20 finalists instead of 16...So 12 of the 20 would get bye's, a free ride into nationals. The kid in front of me was freaking out that he would get a bye, while I lectured him on "you shouldn't need a bye, you should be good enough to win it without one..." They passed out the cards and he get a play, and I got a bye. But you know what? They picked them all up and shuffled and handed it out again. I got a bye again and the guy in front of me got a bye too. So free ride to nationals for us.

Finals Round 1: Top 16:

Me vs. Josh B.

Nice fellow. Said he went to Nationals for LCQ the two years prior and was glad he's getting an invite this year.

Don't really remember his team much. I know he had a Zebstrika...

The battle was short and sweet. It was about 4 or 5 turns. I won, it was 3-0 I believe... When we finished so quickly it really freaked out the kids around me. Oh boy. The look on their faces was priceless.
See ya at Nats Josh!

Finals Round 2: Top 8:

Me vs. Jordan K.

I really do not remember anything about this one. Lets hope Jordan has a Smogon and can fill in the information.
I won though. All that matters, right? See you at Nationals!

Finals Round 3: Top 4:

Me vs. Haley E. (The guy who beat JRank's buddy)

Once again, I don't remember the battle. See... this is why I didn't want to do a Warstory. I don't remember ANYTHING. Oh well. Good game to you Haley. I won this one and I'm off to the Finals. Congrats on making it this far Haley and I'll see you at Nationals.

Finals:

Me vs. Casey M. (Pikabuddy's Bro)

Well to save me the time... Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDj9H8utDHY

Anywho, Good game to you Casey. Friend Rule until the finals? Haha. 3-0 victory for me and it was off for the interview and paper work for me.

Pros:
Winning it all.
Meeting some very cool people.
TWO stops at Buc'ees! I know! Two!

Cons:
My friend getting out in the first round to a girl. (haha!)
Taking out some of the best players there so early on. Once again, sorry guys.
Missing a swim meet back home.

Well, that's about it. Not much to say. The 3D DS is pretty cool. Go out and buy one if you don't have one. Your welcome, Nintendo. Now sponsor me. I wanna get paid to fly to all the regionls like Alaka.

See you guys at Nats.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
They passed out the cards and he get a play, and I got a bye. But you know what? They picked them all up and shuffled and handed it out again. I got a bye again and the guy in front of me got a bye too. So free ride to nationals for us.
Wow, that's strange. Why did they do it twice? GG getting the bye twice though.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wow, that's strange. Why did they do it twice? GG getting the bye twice though.
Wasn't that the thing where they miscounted, and then realized they miscounted again, so it was actually the same number after all?
I dunno man. Either way I got the bye twice. They never really explained it.
My friend (who happened to be in the lounge), said somebody said the judge hadn't "shuffled right". Apparently they were ticked they got a play so they made them re-shuffle, apparently the staffer shuffled up in his face to make sure he saw.

Why did you link my crappy sideways video? now I have to fix it sooner than i want to. Making me work just for you... anyway great job at Dallas!

Round 2 is somewhat unclear but it was understandable. Nice warstory and good job on winning it all :)

To my knowledge, the only person Casey tried to Friend rule with was ShinyWeavile, and he didn't ever get paired with him at all. Good warstory, and congrats for beating my bro and the 7th place worlds guy. :)

Why did you link my crappy sideways video? now I have to fix it sooner than i want to. Making me work just for you... anyway great job at Dallas!
Best quality. I figure people can suck it up and turn their head for the 3 minutes of the battle than not being able to see much of anything...

Yes... thanks for the better link. I'll update it now.

"Round 2 is somewhat unclear but it was understandable" Meh. I was quickly trying to type it out while watching it off my DS. I'll read it through and edit it to make it clearer.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
That Aaron G. guy is really good. Both of us were in Top 16 last year. Good job in beating him, by the way. Since we're both Filipino, my mom and his mom talked to each other a lot. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)