1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

A change in the voting?(Dont move/delete this just because of the title please.)

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Oiawesome, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oiawesome

Oiawesome

Why do we have councils?I belive anybody with a intelegent enough reasoning should have their opinion heard.

Why do I even suggest this?

Well the main fact is that that small amount of people in the councils,arent the entire playerbase from that tier so basicly you rely on the oppinions of a handfull amount of people to shape A ENTIRE TIER and what If(Just a example not true.) Evreybody in the councile thinks "Oh Chandalure is broken") and Most of the whole player base dosent?you have a unhappy playerbase,A possibly unbalancing ban or unjustified ban,and A tier molded by the opinions of a few people.

What is your "solution"

What I propose is to allow ALL of the intellegent playerbase to vote! Simply "Red Card/delete " the dumb and trolling posts,And also you have to explain your reasoning and then the count all of the intellegent votes and then determine the outcome!

I hope this pases and you can see how this hrlps the metagame,also tp finish this off im going to say 4th gen was a very solid and balanced metagame and Im preety sure it used this system.
  2. verbatim

verbatim This will be the day
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

Generally, the top x number of people in a tier will have a better understanding towards the metagame than a mass vote. We used to use a Suspect Voting system for OU (in which ladder rank could qualify you for a vote) but after some bans in gen 4 that aged badly the decision was made to move to a smaller, more condensed version, the council. Not to mention, it is much, much, MUCH easier to get things done quickly without having to pass an issue through the whole of the forum.
  3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck i am woodchuck
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I think the title should have been "A change in the voting?(Dont move/delete this just because of the user please.)"
  4. Oiawesome

Oiawesome

@Verbatim,I see why you switched to council in gen4 but did you even try it in gen 5?I mean it could be benificial to the metagame and couldent this be tried for one round and see what impact it has?(negetive or positive)

@Woodchuck You always hated me didnt you?
  5. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

70+ users were qualified voters and made tiering decisions in the past 2 OU suspect rounds. Is that not good enough for you?
  6. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

There are too main problems with this. Firstly It would take forever and a half to get anything done.

Secondly why do we need to change the current systems if so far there have been no problems with it?
  7. Oiawesome

Oiawesome

Since Evrey body who has seen this has disaproved If 3 more people dissagree,I would please like a mod to lock this.
  8. Great Sage

Great Sage

Every tiering system is terrible.
  9. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

bring back suspect testing
  10. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

iconic leave
  11. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus
    CAP Head Mod

yeah no kidding what in the world how did he post in our sekkrit forum >:|
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)