A change in the voting?(Dont move/delete this just because of the title please.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
Why do we have councils?I belive anybody with a intelegent enough reasoning should have their opinion heard.

Why do I even suggest this?

Well the main fact is that that small amount of people in the councils,arent the entire playerbase from that tier so basicly you rely on the oppinions of a handfull amount of people to shape A ENTIRE TIER and what If(Just a example not true.) Evreybody in the councile thinks "Oh Chandalure is broken") and Most of the whole player base dosent?you have a unhappy playerbase,A possibly unbalancing ban or unjustified ban,and A tier molded by the opinions of a few people.

What is your "solution"

What I propose is to allow ALL of the intellegent playerbase to vote! Simply "Red Card/delete " the dumb and trolling posts,And also you have to explain your reasoning and then the count all of the intellegent votes and then determine the outcome!

I hope this pases and you can see how this hrlps the metagame,also tp finish this off im going to say 4th gen was a very solid and balanced metagame and Im preety sure it used this system.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Generally, the top x number of people in a tier will have a better understanding towards the metagame than a mass vote. We used to use a Suspect Voting system for OU (in which ladder rank could qualify you for a vote) but after some bans in gen 4 that aged badly the decision was made to move to a smaller, more condensed version, the council. Not to mention, it is much, much, MUCH easier to get things done quickly without having to pass an issue through the whole of the forum.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think the title should have been "A change in the voting?(Dont move/delete this just because of the user please.)"

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
@Verbatim,I see why you switched to council in gen4 but did you even try it in gen 5?I mean it could be benificial to the metagame and couldent this be tried for one round and see what impact it has?(negetive or positive)

@Woodchuck You always hated me didnt you?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
70+ users were qualified voters and made tiering decisions in the past 2 OU suspect rounds. Is that not good enough for you?

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
There are too main problems with this. Firstly It would take forever and a half to get anything done.

Secondly why do we need to change the current systems if so far there have been no problems with it?

Oiawesome

Banned deucer.
Since Evrey body who has seen this has disaproved If 3 more people dissagree,I would please like a mod to lock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)