A Classic OU Family

I get tired of using the same teams over and over so i decided to make, yet again, another squad. I got a physical wall, special wall, 2 special attackers, a spinner, and physical attacker. Classic enough. They've been doing well so far, but all i face are anti-metas, complete random teams, all that kinda bs. I just want a regular, standard match. That's all i ask ;_;. But I also ask for any critiques, replacements, advice, etc so check this out and tell me what you think. Changes are in red.
THE TEAM

OVERVIEW
So, there's the rarely seen Conkeldurr (rare in my opinion, I never see it anymore), with the priority and such, the basic bulk up set. I have a Jirachi to just.. annoy/hax the opponent. It's the specially defensive set, so it wish supports the team, too. Hydreigon... it just fits in my opinion. Lati@s will be shit on by Scizor running around OU, Dragonite isn't that useful in my opinion, so Hydreigon is slapped on here, and it dents opposing teams well. Skarmory is standard and whatnot. Phaze and hazards. Offensive Heatran is just there to take on fire type moves, set up rocks, and dent along with Hydreigon. Starmie spins, thats pretty much his job, but we can get to details in a minute. Basically, all of these mons and sets... are ones I've never used, but wanted to try. Moving on...

@ Leftovers
~Guts
~Adamant
~120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Ice Punch
Conkeldurr is supposed to physically dent the opponent, but it can score a few KOs if it can. The set is pretty standard, really no explanation. It hits hard when it can, but it can really dominate after all the specially offensive threats on the opponent's team are down. Also, it carries a priority move, and I always need a priority move on my team. Granted Conkeldurr is extremely slow, but it still works as long as faster opponents are taken care of. This mon is to hit the opponent on the physical side.

@ Leftovers
~Serene Grace
~Careful
~252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
-Body Slam
-Iron Head
-Wish
-Fire Punch
Jirachi's main purpose of course is to hax the living hell out of EVERY MON. Or at least try. It also wish supports my 3 attackers. This helps them pull a... sweep.. sort of. Jirachi also takes on the special hits, as well as resisting both Hydreigon's and Conkeldurr's weaknesses. I've debated whether to use Fire Punch or Protect, but the lack of enough battles, or Jirachi getting crit-KO-ed, prevent me from deciding. Basically, Jirachi's job is obvious; provide Wish support while attempting to KO something with it's hax. It also has synergy with Hydreigon and somewhat with Conkeldurr.

@ Life Orb
~Levitate
~Timid
~100 HP / 56 Def / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
-Recover
-Dragon Pulse
-Calm Mind
-Hidden Power Fire
Latias replaces Hydreigon for better bulk. I am still testing out different sets for her, and I am currently using this set. This set was recommended by TheStriker, and it works pretty well. Recover allows Latias to live longer, especially with the defensive and HP EV's invested. Calm Mind increases Latias' special bulk, as well as its SpA, so it can deal more damage with Dragon Pulse and HP Fire.

@ Leftovers
~Sturdy
~Impish
~252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
-Spikes
-Roost
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird
Skarmory is the physically defensive wall on the time, as well as phazer, and spiker. Roost increases it's longevity, and Jirachi's Wish support boosts that longevity even more. Spikes allow Heatran, Hydreigon, and Conkeldurr to have an easier way to "sweep", and Whirlwind can indirectly sweep the opponent, as long as Skarmory can has a reasonable amount of health. Brave Bird has never been used yet, but now that I think about it I have little use. Taunt would be a better option, but if there's any other move you guys can recommend I'm all ears.

@Life Orb
~Volt Absorb
~Timid
~4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power Ice
-ThunderBolt
-Shadow Ball
Heatran couldn't cut it, and I needed a fast attacker to outspeed Banded Terrakion, LO Tornadus-T, etc. I also needed something to take on Rain teams, as well as to absorb Thunders from other Jolteon, Thundurus-T, and other electric types. Jolteon fit this spot best, and it works well. I can't let Jirachi take all the special damage, so Jolteon might as well take the elctric hits. Jolteon can use Shadow Ball to hit Gengar, which my team used to have trouble with. Hidden Power Ice is just a coverage move, but this I didn't know what to put into this move slot.

@Choice Specs
~Water Absorb
~Modest
~172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
-Water Spout
-Shadow Ball
-Scald
-Ice Beam
Jellicent replaces Starmie in order to take on rain teams alongside with Jolteon. Jolteon absorbs the electric hits, and Jellicent absorbs all the water moves. I made Jellicent Specs because it is unexpected, and it can hit Keldeo and Terrakion if they try to set up on it. If I use it correctly, Jellicent can feint a walling set when i switch it in and then use Water Spout at full HP, or Shadow Ball as the 2nd main STAB. Scald is used for the possible burn, which I somewhat need so specially defensive jirachi can take hits on both sides, and Conkeldurr and Latias can take Banded hits more easily. Ice Beam is to mainly hit dragon types and Sheer Landorus, as long as Jellicent stays at a reasonable HP (backed up by Wish support). I lose Rapid Spin support, but as long as I can hit hard, I won't give the opponent a chance to set hazards up.

And that is the team. In depth to the best of my ability. If you guys have any recommendations I will always accept them. I will still accept but I have a disliking for being locked in to one move :P Other than that, tell me anything. Obviously, I changed several things, hopefully for the better.Yes I choiced a Pokemon. It's not bad to be honest. Anyway, altered team, look, judge, etc, and thanks for any advice.

Hey!

Solid looking no-weather team. There aren't any "glaring" weaknesses in my opinion, but I'm a little concerned about your ability to take on Rain teams. Starmie is not going to be able to take boosted Water moves for very long (Specs Politoed Surf is a 2HKO, and Keldeo isn't threatened at all). I don't think you need any big changes, but some moveset changes could go a pretty long way.

First, I would definitely suggest Protect over Fire Punch on Jirachi. Fire Punch is almost exclusively used for Ferrothorn, but sometimes catches Scizor off guard. Neither of these Pokemon are real threats to your team though. Heatran is going to take both of them without any problem, and Conkeldurr just uses Ferrothorn as set-up bait. Protect is going to be a much better option because you'll be able to keep Jirachi healthy against the numerous Special Attackers in this metagame. When your team is as slow as it is right now, Jirachi Wish passing will have a critical impact on your success.

Next, I would highly suggest you try Roost on Hydreigon. Switching into Water moves will be huge, and taking the pressure of Starmie (which can't even threaten Water Pokemon) will be a big deal. You could replace either Fire Blast or Superpower. I'd probably get rid of Fire Blast and go with Focus Blast. That way you'll be able to hit Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, and other Steels relatively hard. The accuracy kind of sucks, so if you really like Superpower/Fire Blast, definitely keep it.

After that, I would recommend you try Sunny Day over HP Grass. HP Grass is pretty pointless in my opinion since it's not very strong, even when Super Effective. Sunny Day will be a great way to counter opposing Weather teams. Often opponents will use their weather starter as a sacrifice when they see no weather on the other side, and that's where Sunny Day comes in handy. Sunny Day doesn't really harm you either because Heatran takes on Sun teams fairly handily (watch out for Dugtrio).

Before I go, one possible option you can explore is Jellicent over Starmie. You'll lose your Rapid Spin suport, but it's not too crucial. The biggest problem with not having Starmie is Deoxys-d teams. Jellicent would be able to help vs. Rain teams as well as protect your own hazards. It's kind of weak though, so you'd be shifting your team's playstyle from Bulky Offense to more of a Stall.

Good luck!

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Hey, cool unorthodox team!

But I do see a few weakness'. First of all, Mixed Venusaur poses a fairly big threat to your team, as the only thing that would take all its moves well are conk and skarm, and both don't like sun boosted fire attacks. I also want to know where you play, PO, PS, or Wifi? Because on PO Genesect + Dugtrio are definetly things you need to watch out for as Gene baits your Heatran and then it U-turns to Duggy. I reccomend changing your Conkeldurr spread to 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk this can take Gene attacks easily and Duggy doesn't threaten it at all. New problems arise (though uncommon) Infernape and Victini nothing can take their attacks, (Starmie resists stabs, but that is why coverage moves exist). A Physically Defensive Slowbro can help with this problem (but U-turn will hurt it, along with the electric move on Victini), I am not sure what to replace, maybe Starmie as nothing is rocks weak, but it is your choice. Keldeo in rain is also a problem, but I will let someone else address that lol. Something else to consider if you plan to keep Starmie is Hail>Recover that may seem hilariously stupid but when people see a weatherless team they will sack their weather inducer in a hurry. Then you setup hail, making the playing field equal (if not giving you an edge, 70% hurricanes for example). Also you should change Psyshock>Ice beam on Starmie to stop the DeoGar combo's. Now I reccomend a different bulky water instead of Slowbro so you don't double up on Psychic/water weakness', a Physically Defensive Vaporeon will do fine. Sorry for the long post, hope I helped!

Summary:
Psyshock>Ice Beam on Starmie
Hail>Recover on Starmie
Vaporeon>Something Your choice.
252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk on Conkeldurr>Your current spread

Mosquiton

Tette
Hi there! Nice team!

The first thing I notice is that fire punch on Jirachi is useless, you have Heatran and Skarmory for counter Scizor, and Heatran and Conkeldurr for hit hard Ferrothorn, so they don't give any problem and at this point you can use Jirachi's slot in a better way: using wish-protect Jirachi for get a guaranteed recovery with wish, to scout the choice items but also for increasing the staying power of Jirachi.

At this point i notice that your team is terribly weak to sheerlandorus but with a simple change can reduce this problem, I suggest you to put OrbRecover Latias instead of Hydreigon to neutralize two of his three moves and resist to HP Ice and Rkilling it.
I suggest you the standard set with a particularity: Dragonpulse - Surf - HP Fight.
HP Figth is here for make 2HKO to Sdef Tyranitar with stealthrock, in this team latias don't need Psyshok 'cause i'm going to put them on Starmie ;)

For Heatran i advice to put the timid nature for outspeed CB Dragonite but also other Heatran. The last thing for heatran is so to give hp ice > hp grass for another weapon aganist Drag Mag and Gliscor.

in the end you should enter on starmie psyshock > icebeam to hit Terrakion in the sand as it would have increased the spdef and scald not kill him, for gengar, for keldeo you can win with 1v1 also the CalmMinder 'cause you hit the Physical defense and Amoongus for the same reason, As you can see psyshock is very useful on Starmie ;)

Sets:
>Protect over FirePunch @ Jirachi
>Timid nature and HP Ice @ Heatran
>Psyshock over Icebeam @ Starmie
>Latias over Hydreigon

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Hi The Yellow Grovyle.
It Is a very good balanced team, it is effective and very strong, the team seems to me correct even though it is a little weak against weather Team but I think Jirachi/Starmie/Heatran/Conckeldurr can solve this problem if you have a good mindgame, but I see that you are very weak against the Rain teams, you have nothing to tank the Hydropump/Surf of Keldeo/Politoed Choice Spec/Choice Scarf, because Starmie is 2HKO by Hydropump, and Hydreigon has not roost, (252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / SpD Starmie 0: 167-197 (51.54 - 60.8%) - 94.14% chance to 2HKO) / / / (252 + SpA Choice Specs Politoed Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / SpD Starmie 0: 144-169 (44.44 - 52.16%) - guaranteed 3HKO) 2HKO with Steal Rock for politoed and Starmie does not attack to force Keldeo/Politoed to switch. I suggest you swap Ice Beam for Psyshock on Starmie, with psyschock Starmie can easily kill Tentacruel/Keldeo/Politoed/Toxicroack/Conckeldurr/Terrakion(With SandStorm).
I see that you are very disadvantaged against the VoltUturn, you can't tank the Volt switches of Rotom because Hydreigon has no roost and Jirachi can take a Will O Wisp, I suggest you put Roserade on Hydreigon , Roserade is a pokemon and very interesting for your team, it has the move toxic spikes, with this move you can touch Offensives Team because generally they have no rapid spinner and because in OverUsed Hyper Offenses are the best counter against Stalls/Balanced, well now you can play with your team without problem, then roserade is a great counter to the Volturn, he can tank rotom-W and with Hidden Power fire he can kill Scizor, with his ability (Natural Cure) may use the Rest move and switch to recover his Hp's without problem. Then now you can come easily on Keldeo-Politoed-Gastrodon.

Roserade
Roserade (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Sleep powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest

Tl;dr
Starmie--->Psyshock>Ice Beam
Hydreigon--->Roserade

Hope I Helped and Good Luck with your team.

Hey there!

You have a solid RMT, but I see a few problems. First off, you don't have anything that can tank rain teams. Another problem is that you seem quite weak to rock polish sheer force landorus. After he sets up a rock polish, he can outspeed your entire team and hit them hard with the appropriate move. If it runs psychic, it can beat up conkeldurr, and it will destroy weakened versions with ease, even without psychic. Jirachi and heatran die to earth power. Hydreigon gets destroyed by focus blast and doesn't enjoy taking hp ice. Poor skarmory can't beat it just because your set is designed as a physical wall, and focus blast hits skarm hard enough for good damage. Starmie is really frail, so it might die to earth power. Rain teams also have fun firing off powerful moves on your team like thunder from thundurus-t, surf and hydro pump from keldeo, and hurricane from tornadus-t. To fix this problem, I would suggest replacing hydreigon with a life orb offensive tank latias. It checks all the mentioned threats, except for specs variants of tornadus-t while still packing acceptable offensive power.

Latias @Life Orb
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP | Timid | Levitate | IVs: 30 Atk, 30 Sp. Atk, 30 Speed
~Draco Meteor
~Thunderbolt
~Hidden Power Fire
~Roost

Well, here she is. Life Orb tank latias. Latias has the ability to check a lot of stuff due to her great bulk, and she still keeps a lot of it despite the offensive ev spread. This same spread allows latias to pack a punch with draco meteor. It is the exact same thing as hydreigon's draco meteor, just with a special attack 15 points lower. Thunderbolt hits rain teams hard, specifically water types and tornadus-t. Hidden Power Fire allows latias to catch scizor off guard and 1hko it. It also gives her a decent way to hit steel types. Roost is used for recovery, and it is better than recover because it dicks around with people who don't know their mechanics and think that roost takes off levitate. You'd be surprised how many people try to earthquake on a predicted roost. Draco Meteor will essentially 1 shot anything that is frail, especially keldeo, which get outsped unless it is holding a choice scarf. Latias also fixes any problems you may have with choice scarf terrakion, as she is able to tank any move of his and ko easily. On top of this, latias forms a stalwart defensive core with skarmory and heatran, as heatran and skarmory resist latias's weaknesses, and latias resists all of theirs. Latias also has that massive special defense stat to support skarmory with.

Another thing to do is that on heatran, change hidden power grass to hidden power ice. hp ice allows you to hit dragons and other problematic pokemon such as landorus on the switch super effectively.

Summary of changes

Hydreigon >>>> Latias

Heatran's Hidden power grass >>>> Hidden Power Ice

Hope this helps, and good luck with the team!

As the previous raters said. Latias is an amazing suggestion. I have a bump to my set.

Latias | Life Orb
Levitate
100 HP | 56 Def | 100 SAtk | 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Recover | Calm Mind | Dragon Pulse | Hidden Power [Fire]

Bulk + CM + excellent resistances to Mach Punch and the buffed up physical defense makes it an excellent part of your team.​

First, I would definitely suggest Protect over Fire Punch on Jirachi. Fire Punch is almost exclusively used for Ferrothorn, but sometimes catches Scizor off guard. Neither of these Pokemon are real threats to your team though. Heatran is going to take both of them without any problem, and Conkeldurr just uses Ferrothorn as set-up bait. Protect is going to be a much better option because you'll be able to keep Jirachi healthy against the numerous Special Attackers in this metagame. When your team is as slow as it is right now, Jirachi Wish passing will have a critical impact on your success.

After that, I would recommend you try Sunny Day over HP Grass. HP Grass is pretty pointless in my opinion since it's not very strong, even when Super Effective. Sunny Day will be a great way to counter opposing Weather teams. Often opponents will use their weather starter as a sacrifice when they see no weather on the other side, and that's where Sunny Day comes in handy. Sunny Day doesn't really harm you either because Heatran takes on Sun teams fairly handily (watch out for Dugtrio).
Thanks, undisputed! This helped a lot, especially Sunny Day. I could get rid of the opponent's weather, most notably rain since it hurts my team a lot.

Thanks everybody for the advice. The Latias recommendation works extremely well, and psychock on starmie is great, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)