A Create-a-Pokemon Tournament?

Should we have a CaP Tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Who here thinks it would be a good idea to have a tournament to celebrate the creation of Pyroak?
It would be ether in the Tournaments sub forum or here depending on where those high up in Smogon think it should go.

It would provide publicity for our project and be an incentive for some of Smogon's best battlers to try out our Pokemon.
Itwill also give me some practice for the another Tournament I plan to run, a Cross-Metagame, Cross-Server battle. If you find this hidden message please don't tell everyone.

Here is a WIP set of rules (to send to one of the mods in the Tournaments Subforum) that I came up with:

My idea is to have a tournament to celebrate the completion of the third CaP Pokemon Pyroak.
I would like to ask for permission to have the tournament in the Tournaments part of Smogon rather than in the Create a Pokemon sub forum as I believe it will get more attention there.

The Rules would be:

6 on 6 D/P battles played on the shoddybattle program.
-Species Clause: You must use six different Pokémon on your team. You can't have two of the same Pokemon on your team.
-Self-KO Clause: You cannot use moves like Explosion or Destiny Bond on your last Pokémon if it would force a tie.
-Sleep Clause: You can only put to sleep one Pokémon on an opponent's side at any time. If you use Spore to put one Pokémon asleep, you cannot use it again to put another Pokémon asleep until the first one wakes up.
-Evasion Ban: Moves that specifically increase evasion are banned. Double Team is an example of a banned move.
-OHKO Ban: Moves that have a chance of OHKOing a Pokémon are banned. An example is Sheer Cold.
-Timed Battle must be on.
-No scouting other peoples teams. You cannot watch ANY battle of the people in the tournament. Also, to prevent scouting in general, I give every participant the right to ask someone to stop watching their battle (To prevent person X from scouting on behalf of person Y in the tournament).

-Also, be sure to follow the Basic Tournament Signups Thread

Banned Pokemon:
Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Groudon, Kyogre, Ho-oh, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Darkrai, Manaphy, Arceus, Latios, Latias, Deoxys, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-D.

Wynaut, Phione and Deoxys-S are not banned.

Note: You may NOT use teams from the Weather test that have Lv 78 Kyogre or Groudon

In addition to this ALL battles must take place on the DougJustDoug's Create a Pokemon server NOT official (even if nether player intends to use the new Pokemon), and all Pokemon created by the Create a Pokemon project are allowed.

Links to Info about the Pokemon:
Syclant/Revenankh/Pyroak info + not fully up to date analysis
Syclant Analysis
Revenankh Analysis
Pyroak Analysis
General info about the project

You should save all logs, but you need not send them to me unless there is a dispute.

Pairings will be generated using this as I do not have mIRC so can not use Mekkah's bracketmaker.

This will be a 64 player player Tournament but if enough people sign up it may become 128 player.

Deadlines will be a week after the round starts.

I have probably missed something obvious, please tell me if you see anything that needs changing.

As you can see in this thread Tournament Applications are closed, however the Ubers Clash Tournament is in the finals and the World Cup Of Pokemon is in the semi finals so there should be a place available quite soon.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Reserving place.

Also saying if it's not broke don't fix it, otherwise either inform me, post in the analysis review thread or plain shut up. Just don't bitch about it behind my back.

Also I found your hidden massage.

would you haveto use one of the C-a-P? i know thats kinda the point but having everyone use one of C-a-P might make people centalize their team.

Wouldn't mind joining, depending on the timing since I have a murderous number of exams in early June.

There are no hidden messages in this

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
It sounds like a lot of fun considering all of the mini-tournaments we have done, but I think we should hold this idea off until everyone is used to Pyroak so he won't be the issue Revenankth was when it was first released.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'd hold off on this for now, just until people get settled in with Pyroak.
Hai Eric! I found the message!
Edit: Deo-E unbanned and maybe Wobbo too. Phione too, because im planning on making a team around it.

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Reserving place.
Also saying if it's not broke don't fix it, otherwise either inform me, post in the analysis review thread or plain shut up. Just don't bitch about it behind my back.
woah calm down LS, I was simply under the impression that the analysis workshops were more up to date than to the ones in the sticky, sorry if this is wrong.

Changing the wording to sound better.

would you have to use one of the C-a-P? i know thats kinda the point but having everyone use one of C-a-P might make people centalize their team.
no it would be optional.

Bass said:
I think we should hold this idea off until everyone is used to Pyroak so he won't be the issue Revenankth was when it was first released.
tennis said:
I'd hold off on this for now, just until people get settled in with Pyroak.
Good point but I think that even if we start the signups almost as soon as Pyroak is added to the server, people should have enough time to do at least some testing with it. There will also be almost a week till the first deadline for extra testing.
Also it would be nice to have it at the start, the tourney could be partly about exploring Pyroaks affect on the metagame.

tennis said:
Edit: Deo-E unbanned and maybe Wobbo too. Phione too, because im planning on making a team around it.
I think its best to keep wobby banned for this, but you are right about D-S.
I don't see Phinoe on the banned list.

timw06 bracketmaker will be much easier then the one you intend using

http://users.smogon.com/timw06/uploads/bm.html
yea that one is much better thanx.
good to know its findable guys

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's not, I was just making sure that it wasn't banned. You should edit in large letters that Deo-E and Phione aren't banned, but Wobbo is. I would also talk to G80 about where it should go.

eric the espeon

It's not, I was just making sure that it wasn't banned. You should edit in large letters that Deo-E and Phione aren't banned, but Wobbo is.
I added this
Wynaut, Phione and Deoxys-S are not banned.

but as Wobby is on the baned list I don't think he needs an extra mention.

I would also talk to G80 about where it should go.
I plan to do that once
1. Pyroak is on the server
2. This thread has been open long enough for people to discuss more
3. My Biology exam is done (tomorrow, then I get a 2 week break from exams!)
4. the how to make a thourney thread sais that applications are open.

Them I will present him with a full set of rules and ask him if I can make the tourney.

Edit: Latino why did you vote no?

eric the espeon

mm..
Would it be possible for a mod to add a 4th option to the poll:

Yes, but lets wait till Pyroak has has some testing.

Sorry I did not think of this before I posted the poll.

My own opinion is still that there will be enough time to do some testing while and before the Tourney starts

Sounds good. I'd love to have a tournament with these new Pokemon, to see how they specifically affect the metagame.

Yes, I would definitely join. And I agree with eric that by the time this thing gets rolling Pyroak will have settled nicely into the metagame, so there's no need to hold it off in my opinion.

eric the espeon

Why ban Wobbuffet?
Its limbo on Smogon, if Smogon moves it down it will be allowed.

Right so the general feeling I get from the votes is go for it, but there is not yet room for another tournament on the Smogon site.
Should I get the tourney approved now (and wait till the applications are open to post it), or wait till the applications are open before applying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)