A Day at the Beach (Peaked at #5)

A Day at the Beach
An RMT by CrackinSkulls

After recently giving up on OU (a broken tier if you ask me) I went back to Ubers where i found my team to be rather outdated so i began work on another. This team has been fairly successful on the ladder generally staying in the top 20 hovering in the early to mid 1900's. I named it "A Day at the Beach' because it involves two weathers, Sun and Sand, which sets it apart from most other teams. It is very offensively driven which is highly unlike me as most of my teams are geared towards stall. I realize it has a significant weakness to Kyogre however it has not been a problem for me as much as you would think. Anyway i present "A Day on the Beach"

This team began with a sun team featuring Reshiram and Ho-oh that I always wanted to make. With the advent of BW2 I decided to try out his new forme Kyurem-W. Together in the sun they are very deadly so thats how the team began.

Now it wouldn't be a sun team without this guy would it.

The dual-weather part of the team here was born from a clear weakness to Stealth Rock. Unfortunately Ubers is where the dreaded Giratina/ Giratina-O reside... Forretress it the most commons spinner but most stall teams pack one of the two so Forry will be hard pressed to spin. What i needed was a Spinner that could take on those two and spin. No such pokemon exists in my opinion so I decided that a spinner and a strong Pursuit user would fit the bill enter Tyranitar and Excadrill.

I was in desperate need of a scarfer so i figured I would slap 'chomp on.

The team clearly lacked synergy of any kind and with 4 pokemon weak to water and only 1 resist it became clear that it needed some work. Grasseus fit the bill perfectly not only resisting water but providing some much needed synergy to the team. It was starting to come together nicely.

In Depth

Groudon @ Lum Berry
Trait: Drought
EVs: 200 HP / 192 Atk / 108 Def / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Role:
Groudon's role on my team was essentially to bring the sun because nobody likes to go to the beach when its cloudy! However, Groudon has now become a key member of my team not only for his weather but because he provides an invaluable service with his immense physical bulk and his ability to check so many important threats. He can cripple with Thunder Wave or fire off incredibly high powered attacks. He can tank Physical hits like they were twigs and absorb status. Groudon has become an incredibly important utility and I don't know what I would do without him.

Moveset:
If ever I could call someone a lead he would be it. This moveset is not one of his common sets but has proved effective for me. The idea is to come in early game and paralyze, scout out movesets and take away the weather then come in late-game and sweep. Thunder Wave benefits a lot of my team and is therefore superior to Rock Polish as he not a dedicated sweeper but more of a utility than anything else. Swords Dance gives him the option to sweep late-game on the paralyzed foes however if i had to replace a move it would be Swords Dance because he doesn't often pull it off and i hardly find myself using it. Earthquake deals good damage coming off a base 150 Attack and can dent even the bulkiest pokemon. Fire Punch hits Forretress, Grasseus and a plethora of switch ins and I have found it superior to Stone Edge. Lum Berry allows him to absorb status and has proven especially useful on Darkrai leads who I can cripple with Thunder Wave or straight up slam with Earthquake dealing ~80 damage. The EV's are quite simple: 200 in HP to give him some bulk and reduce residual damage, 192 in Attack to give his attacks some kick (these ev's are geared towards running Stone Edge but i have found them to work great) and he rest in defense to give him more bulk. 8 in speed lets me outspeed 4 EV base 90's like Giratina etc. Groudon is a great physical wall and can pull off some sweeps on the side.

Possible Changes: Roar over Swords Dance
---------------------

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SDef
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge/ Superpower
- Stealth Rock

Role:
Tyranitar is my second weather inducer and like Groudon he brings much more to the table than just sand. Even by Uber standards he has insane special bulk and can tank the Draco Meteors flying around in the ubers meta. He can trap and kill a weakened Giratina-O and give me some hazards. He also checks a lot of threats to my team such as Ho-oh, Mewtwo and Kyurem. Tyranitar is a fantastic utility and between Groudon and him you will be hard pressed winning the weather war against them.

Moveset:
Of all my movesets Tyranitar's tends to change the most. Stealth Rock is the most consistent and i don't think i need to explain the value of it but TTar is one of the most reliable users of it and i can pretty much guarantee that i will have them up because he can switch into just about any special move thanks to his 463 Special Defense under the sand. Pursuit lets him chase down choice locked pokemon such as Palkia, Kyurem, Kyogre (provided its locked in the right move) and a plethora of other scarfers. Crunch deals good damage to Giratina-O and can pull off a Crunch + Pursuit combo which makes spinning that much easier. In the last slot it generally run Stone Edge although i do sometimes go with Superpower to hit Dialga and Darkrai. I run Chople Berry is because it lets 'Tar sponge occasional fighting moves most notably Mewtwo's Aura Sphere KO'ing it with Crunch. Chople Berry allows him to lure in many threats such as the aforemention Mewtwo and Kyurem, KO'ing them both with his STABs. The EV's pump up its Special Defenes and let it tank two Surfs from a Kyogre under the sand. The rest goes into Attack to give it a little kick. Tyranitar comfortably performs his role so consistently I don't know what i would do without him.

Possible Changes:
Basically the slashed stuff.
---------------------

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Atk / 84 SDef / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Recover

Role:
Ho-oh is my first sun abuser and physical attacker. Its fearsome STABs are very deadly and its amazing base 154 Special Defense gives it plenty of opportunity to come in and fire off sun boosted Sacred Fires. He loves the Paralysis and sun support that Groudon brings and can wreak havoc once he is in safely.

Moveset:
Although nothing special this set is incredibly effective. A sun boosted Sacred Fire is just so fearsome that almost nothing can safely switch in especially factoring in the 50% burn chance which is yet to fail me when i need it most. The first safe switch in is Heatran which is not as common in the Ubers meta as it should be likely due to Reshiram's Turboblaze. The other switch in is Kyogre which dampens the power of Sacred Fire with Drizzle. Substitute lets me scout around for switches such as Kyogre and nail it with Brave Bird dealing upward of 65% damage. It also shields me from status, lets me PP stall Stone Edge and they are bulky enough to tank weak powered moves like Dragon Tail. This lets me beat Giratina and Groudon one on one and teach Groudon users not to use it (who in their right mind is going to taunt a Groudon??). Ho-Oh can prey on paralyzed pokemon setting up and wrecking with its powerful STABs. I used to use Roost over Recover because while it did open up a Ground weakness it also let me PP stall Stone Edge from Groudon etc better taking ~30% damage. However, I now use Regenerator as it lets me pace Ho-oh's usage throughout the match and heal off Brave Bird Recoil The EV's are quite simple: 248 HP EV's give it >101 subs and lets it switch into Stealth Rocks twice. 84 SpDef EV's augment its base 154 Special Defense ensuring +4 Timid Life Orb Darkrai will not OHKO, Choice Scarf Palkia only has a 3% to 2HKO with Thunder, and 252+ Dialga's Draco Meteor do a maximum of 51%. 168 Attack EV's and an Adamant nature power up its STABs and 8 Spe EV's allow it to avoid the speed tie with other neutral base 90's such as Giratina and Groudon and outspeed speed creeping base 90's. If you aren't prepared this thanksgiving turkey might end up roasting you.

Possible Changes:
Regenerator over Pressure.
---------------------

Kyurem-White @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Flare
- Focus Blast

Role:
Kyurem-w is a great scarfer and packs an enormous punch with its base 170 Special Attack. It also sits at a base 95 speed letting it outspeed all other base 90 scarfers. It has very handy Ice STAB which lets it hit a lot of the Dragon infested Metagame. Choice Scarf lets me revenge kill and outspeed the majority of the tier.

Moveset:
This moveset gives it great coverage and reliability. Draco Meteor is the move i will be spamming 90% of the time because of its raw power coming off a base 170 SpAtk. Ice Beam is her most reliable way of killing Dragons like Rayquaza and Garchomp and is a great STAB gives in good coverage. It is also a great way to clean up weakened teams without the Sp. Atk drop from Draco Meteor. Fusion Flare lets her hit Steel switch ins like Forretress and gets a pseudo STAB courtesy of Drought and with Turboblaze good luck with Sturdy. Kyurem-W can check so many threats to my team and can pull of sweeps very easily thanks to its lightning fast speed and raw power when adorned with a scarf. It can beat Lugia and Giratina one on one who can otherwise do a good job of walling my entire team. Kyurem-W has amazing coverage, power and speed which has made it a key member on my team.

Possible Changes:
Choice Scarf Palkia
---------------------

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Role:
Excadrill is, in my opinion, the most reliable spinner in ubers. His raw speed and power under the sand is just so fearsome that you will be hard pressed to find anything that wants to switch in. With that much offensive pressure spinning is a breeze.
Moveset:
This moveset could not be more straight forward. Swords Dance lets him boost his base 135 Attack to scary levels reaching an attack of 738 at +2. This lets him punch holes in common switch ins such as Groudon who risks a 2HKO from a +2 Earthquake. +2 Earthquake can even 2HKO Great Wall Giratina after Stealth Rock damage. Earthquake is his best STAB (lol at Drill Run) and Rock Slide gives him good coverage hitting Kyurem, Ho-oh and the likes for super effective damage. However I do sometimes think about running Shadow Claw over it to hit Giratina-O but thats why i have 'Tar! Rapid Spin is vital to my team and Excadrill is a great user thanks to his unrivaled speed under the sand and his offensive pressure. Worse come to worse pulling off a last ditch suicidal spin is not the most difficult thing especially with his great typing and speed. I prefer Air Balloons over Life Orb because the difference in damage hasn't been that noticeable and it lets him set-up on Earthquake users like Garchomp and Groudon. I prefer Jolly over Adamant to ouspeed Jolly Blaziken at +2. Excadrill is an amazing sweeper in the sand and can spin hazards away with ease.

Possible Changes: None.
---------------------

Arceus-Grass@Meaow Plate
Trait: Multitype
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/ 144 Sp Def/ 112 Def
- Recover
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Magic Coat

Role:
Every team has its glue right? Well Grasseus here is no exception. He provides me with a neat set of resistances ranging from water to ground to grass... Between Him, Groudon and Tyranitar the weather war is a lot easier. Once it has been won I have so many different options; "Should I sweep with Excadrill? Maybe Ho-oh?." Grasseus funtions as a great utility and basically guarantees winning the weather war when played properly.

Moveset:
I have to thank Stone RG for this set. Judgement is his main niche over other Arceus Formes. It Him become not only a picture perfect switch in for Kyogre, it lets me for a clean 2HKO on most sets. Ice Beam lets me hit Rayquaza and Garchomp for a clean OHKO and has great coverage with Judgement. Recover is a must have on a utility such as Grasseus as it lets him become a sturdy and long living beach-goer. I don't think you guys need any explanation on the usefulness on Recover so i will leave it to the imagination. Magic Coat is an interesting move which gives him a niche in itself. It makes for a fun surprise against Darkrai, it can bounce back anything Forretress wants to lay and it can ruin Deoxys-S leads which can apply a lot of pressure otherwise with their basically guaranteed 2 layers of spikes. While Espeon and Xatu can do the same thing without even using the move i might just be a terrible player but IMO they are not up to Uber standards. Also they do not provide the same niche as Grasseus. The EV spread is to make him as bulky as possible so switching into Kyogre doesn't take too much of a toll. The 112 in Defense let him tank a +2 LO boosted Dragon Claw from a Rayquaza and KO back with Ice Beam. Otherwise Rayquaza has a fun time laying waste to my team. Grasseus is great glue for many teams, especially non rain weather teams, and here is no exception. He paves the way for my sweepers to come in by checking threats, serving as a utility and a great pivot switch. I honestly don't know what i would do without him.

Possible Changes:
None.
---------------------

Conclusion

I have found this team to be very effective and although somewhat lacking in synergy it is quite fearsome when played correctly. Anyway i would love to hear from you so please do comment. I hope your Day at the Beach was enjoyable and full of sun and sand!

Groudon @ Lum Berry
EVs: 200 HP / 192 Atk / 108 Def / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Flare
- Focus Blast

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Atk / 84 SDef / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Recover

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SDef
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SDef
Calm Nature
- Magic Coat
- Judgment
- Recover
- Ice Beam

One Final Glance

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not really a rate, but have you considered using a coverage move over Refresh for Arceus-Grass? Grass isn't the best in terms of coverage in Ubers, so maybe Flamethrower / Focus Blast to get past Steels, or Ice Beam to get past Dragons / other Arceus-Grass. Also, maybe a new EV spread on Ho-Oh? You could use more Speed to outpace faster defensive Groundon with Stone Edge or other base 90s in general. Your spread looks good as is, but ponder on it for a bit. Lastly, I know its accuracy sucks, but have you tried Focus Blast over Dragon Pulse on Kyruem-White? With that, you get past Arceus-Steel regardless of weather, Tyranitar isn't going to like switching in on it, and you still have Ice Beam and Fusion Flare to kill off threats without using Draco Meteor, as both still have great coverage.

He also checks a lot of threats to my team such as Ho-oh, Mewtwo, Extreme Killer Arceus and Kyurem.
How is it checking Mewtwo, Ekiller, and Kyruem? Mewtwo usually carry Aura Sphere(which won't matter if you pack Chople Berry) EKiller has EQ to get past it, Kyruem-W has Focus Blast (man, Chople really is your friend isn't it) and Kyruem-B is just Outraging your face. Not saying to replace T-Tar, just wondering how it checks those Pokemon.

Not really a rate, but have you considered using a coverage move over Refresh for Arceus-Grass? Grass isn't the best in terms of coverage in Ubers, so maybe Flamethrower / Focus Blast to get past Steels, or Ice Beam to get past Dragons / other Arceus-Grass.
I have never actually been in a situation where i have needed coverage move on him but if that day comes i will change it.

How is it checking Mewtwo, Ekiller, and Kyruem? Mewtwo usually carry Aura Sphere(which won't matter if you pack Chople Berry) EKiller has EQ to get past it, Kyruem-W has Focus Blast (man, Chople really is your friend isn't it) and Kyruem-B is just Outraging your face.
Sorry i was talking about chople tar there dont know why i wrote e-killer it was like 4 in the morning cut me some slack :P

Also, maybe a new EV spread on Ho-Oh? You could use more Speed to outpace faster defensive Groundon with Stone Edge or other base 90s in general. Your spread looks good as is, but ponder on it for a bit.
Honestly i haven't had any problems with this one as 70% of groudons are running adamant/ impish with no investment i really just run those 4 to avoid the speed tie. Most of the time kyurem is killing him anyway but the extra 4 also lets me get the jump on giratina etc.

Lastly, I know its accuracy sucks, but have you tried Focus Blast over Dragon Pulse on Kyruem-White? With that, you get past Arceus-Steel regardless of weather, Tyranitar isn't going to like switching in on it, and you still have Ice Beam and Fusion Flare to kill off threats without using Draco Meteor, as both still have great coverage.
Yeah DP hasnt been that helpful but it can finish off pokemon without relying on the 90% that draco has but i will definitely try focus blast. The problem with focus blst is i harldy ever findmyself using it because i purposely avoid situations where i need to rely on the shaky 70%. but i'll give it a run.

anyway thanks for the input.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
So what was my post to you then D:

More comments, keep Chople Berry on T-Tar, you already saw in my post its usefulness. Also, try Low Kick instead of Superpower, it hits Dialga and others harder without lowering Attack or Defense. Thats all I have to say about the team.

Not really a rate
Sorry Trollfreak i meant no disrespect i just worded it badly. I meant i wanted more rates

Chople Berry on T-Tar, you already saw in my post its usefulness.
Yeah the examples i gave were all based on chople tar and lately i have been stickin with it because lum just lets me beat ho-oh more reliably but even burned stone edge is still at least a 2HKO.

Also, try Low Kick instead of Superpower, it hits Dialga and others harder without lowering Attack or Defense.
I generally go with Stone Edge because between Goudon and Excadrill Dialga (and other bulky steels) are easily dispatched. However, I will try it over Crunch because most of the time i am using pursuit anyway.

Hey there, it's a pretty good team you've got and a good example of how to make dual-weather work effectively. Between the bulk of grassceus, groudon, ttar, and ho-oh, you have a lot of threats covered well, however, there are a couple of threats that do stand out.

First and foremost is rayquaza. Both Swords Dance and dragon dance sets give you a fair bit of trouble. Also, due to your choice of coverage, it can set up easily on groudon, grassceus, and kyurem locked into fusion flare. Once set up, a +1 outrage/a +2 dragon claw will do huge damage to ttar and groudon, OHKOing the former with SR up. Additionally, kyurem only speed-ties with rayquaza at +1 and will often be OHKOed by a +2 extreme speed with SR up. Not even excadrill can touch it due to air lock.

A few smaller issues are your ice and fighting weaknesses, with 2 weaknesses to the former and no resistances and 3 weaknesses to the latter with only 1 resistance. Also, with your 1 resistance being ho-oh, things like terrakion and blaziken with stone edge could give you some serious issues, especially if they catch you with sun up rather than sand. Kyurem-b will also raise problems as nothing can safely switch into it.

So here is what I would suggest. Seeing as Kyurem seems to be the most replaceable member, I would suggest replacing kyurem with choice scarf jirachi. While jirachi has admittedly nowhere near the power of kyurem, it compensates this by having a much better typing and being able to take down the likes of rayquaza, kyurem-b, mewtwo, and terrakion with little effort. Having a second (and albeit sturdier) dragon resistance is also very useful.

On a slightly different note, it might be worth considering running regenarator over pressure on ho-oh. Even with excadrill around, you can't expect to have stealth rock down all the time, especially with it being unable to beat the most popular spin-blocker in the tier, giratina, and regenerator would help mitigate its stealth rock weakness. It might be worth considering whirlwind over substitute then as you won't be able to stall out PP as easily and EQ would be fairly redundant seeing as excadrill covers zekrom and arceus-rock very nicely.

Summary of changes:

Jirachi @Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
-Iron Head
-Trick
-Ice Punch
-U-turn

Regenarator>Pressure on Ho-oh (optional)

Sorry that was quite a lot of text, but I hoped I helped. Good luck with the team! Luvdisc'd :)

First of all thanks for your contribution and luvdisc i just have a few things to say.

First and foremost is rayquaza. Both Swords Dance and dragon dance sets give you a fair bit of trouble.
I completely agree with you on this one every time i see that green lizard thing i get a headache knowing it cant end well. i am usually just praying for a sacred fire burn or something along the lines.

things like terrakion and blaziken with stone edge could give you some serious issues, especially if they catch you with sun up rather than sand.

Terrakion and Blaziken haven't been a huge problem to deal with but i see what you are saying and they are more of a threat than i would like them to be.

So here is what I would suggest. Seeing as Kyurem seems to be the most replaceable member, I would suggest replacing kyurem with choice scarf jirachi. While jirachi has admittedly nowhere near the power of kyurem, it compensates this by having a much better typing and being able to take down the likes of rayquaza, kyurem-b, mewtwo, and terrakion with little effort. Having a second (and albeit sturdier) dragon resistance is also very useful.

Jirachi @Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
-Iron Head
-Trick
-Ice Punch
-U-turn
I will definitely try this out because it seems to make sense on paper however i am afraid it may open up a significantly (currently suppressed) weakness to stall. Giratina and Lugia can wall me to no end without Kyurem-W which is the only thing on my team that can smack them 1v1 for an OH and 2HKO respectively. I will definitely try it out and work on some amends on my team to accomadate for it much better.

Anyway thanks for your rate and i would love to hear more about what you and everyone has to say

I'm really impressed with this team, so here's a full rate (my comments in bold)

In Depth

Groudon @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry/ Chople Berry
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock

I'd recommend Superpower over stone edge because dark and fighting give nearly perfect coverage. Your team appears to have flying types checked w/ scarf Kyurem.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 84 SDef/ 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Substitute
- Roost

Nothing I can say about this besides running regenerator because you don't have a fast spinner (exca doesn't count in the sun), this way SR won't murder ho oh.

Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Flare
- Dragon Pulse

No changes at all. Keep scarf kyurem, major surprise factor as nearly every kyurem is LO'd or has leftovers.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Perfect.

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Umm... I really don't see how well he fits on here. Sun boosts fire, which he's weak to, sand hits him for passive damage, and worst of all, grass is resisted. If you really wanted a grass type, I'd recommend Shaymin S...

Conclusion

Nice team overall. Though a few threats:

Scarf Kyogre
Mewtwo
Rayquaza
Scarf Palkia

Stone RG

Megas are broke
I personally think arceus-grass should switch its set to a more bulky support set:

Arceus-Grass@Meaow Plate
Nature: Timid/Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 144 Sp Def, 112 Spd/Def
- Recover
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Magic Coat

This lets you a more reliable switch-in to kyogre as well as a way to get around deo-s since most of them dont expect magic coat and en up fucking themselves up, also you could use a calm and put 112 def Evs to take a +2 LO Dragon Claw from rayquaza to ice beam back.

Also you should definetely put roar over sd on groudon since Sub Ho-Oh shits on your life considering after a burn tyranitar is sitting duck against him, as well as some more speed EVs in the case u speed tie with other 90 base Speed pokes with 4 Spd EVs.

Thanks for both of your comments

@Stone RG

I personally think arceus-grass should switch its set to a more bulky support set:

Arceus-Grass@Meaow Plate
- Recover
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Magic Coat

This lets you a more reliable switch-in to kyogre as well as a way to get around deo-s since most of them dont expect magic coat and en up fucking themselves up, also you could use a calm and put 112 def Evs to take a +2 LO Dragon Claw from rayquaza to ice beam back.
I will definitely try out this set because it seems like a good option over my current Grasseus.

Arceus-Grass@Meaow Plate
- Recover
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Magic Coat

Also you should definetely put roar over sd on groudon since Sub Ho-Oh shits on your life considering after a burn tyranitar is sitting duck against him
Yeah i am definitely going to use roar because Swords Dance hasn't seen as much usage as it would like.

more speed EVs in the case u speed tie with other 90 base Speed pokes with 4 Spd EVs.
OK whatever you say but i could just keep jacking it up. Anyway i will change them because it is always handy to have the option.

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry/ Chople Berry
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock[/hide]
I'd recommend Superpower over stone edge because dark and fighting give nearly perfect coverage. Your team appears to have flying types checked w/ scarf Kyurem.
I tend to switch around between the two and i have found both equally useful. I will use superpoewr exclusively now that you have reccomended it to see how it runs.

Umm... I really don't see how well he fits on here. Sun boosts fire, which he's weak to, sand hits him for passive damage, and worst of all, grass is resisted. If you really wanted a grass type, I'd recommend Shaymin S...
I don't plan on going with Shaymin-S it can't switch in on kyogre or tank hits as well.

Anyway thanks for your rates and i will do some testing.

Is the image you posted in the opening message a section of Cronulla beach? I very strongly recognize it.

Anyway, nice team. Since you said that you originally intended to include Reshiram in this team, then I'd like to point out that as a revenge-killer with Choice Scarf, Reshiram is in my opinion superior to Kyurem-W, as not only is its Sun-boosted Blue Flare significantly stronger than any move Kyurem-W can use despite its higher Special Attack, but it can also be spammed consecutively, while Kyurem-W cannot do the same with its strongest move, its Draco Meteor, due to the Special Attack drop. The ability for a Choice Scarf Pokémon to be able to repeatedly spam an attack as powerful as a Sun-boosted Blue Flare is a massive asset, as this allows the Pokémon to be a lategame sweeper in some cases, as opposed to just a hit-and-run revenge-killer.

Also, as many others have suggested, it would be a good idea to replace Pressure with Regenerator on Ho-Oh, and use an Arceus-Grass set with more attacks than just Judgment, since there are way too many Pokémon in Übers that a Grass-type Judgment pretty much cannot touch at all.

@Superpowerdude

Thanks for the luvdisc

@Pokemon Trainer R

I don't think i will replace Kyurem-W as it is a superior scarfer due to its base 95 speed which lets me outspeed all forms of kyogre and other scarfed base 90's. If i were using specs then i could understand but WK is a better scarfer.

I am playing around with arceus sets so i will edit it soon. I will change to regenerator on ho-oh.

Thanks for the feedback

I have not really got time to try out the changes because Showdown is glitching for me so the edits will come soon.

@Jerp
Ohh you wanted a kyogre check... oops. Have you ever considered Soul Dew Latias?
I would because it is waaay bulkier but the last thing i need is another 'quaza weak pokemon...

anyway thanks for the feedback

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
strongly consider using a support set on grass arceus. mono-grass is beyond retarded and that set has close to 0 utility.

that groudon can't check extremekiller very well anyway, so having WoW on grass arceus would benefit you as well.

blaziken is hugely troubling, as ho-oh is OHKOd after SR - i'd recommend a physically defensive ho-oh, which also helps with your extremekiller troubles.

definitely use superpower on tyranitar over stone edge, to deal with lead darkrai.

excadrill isn't going to break through gira-o / a without spikes support. so having such an sr weak team is quite worrying. it comes with running dual weathers though.

good luck, interesting team

edit: i'd use a water arceus over grass arceus so fire blast dialga / palkia don't destroy you in the sun. ice beam / perish song / recover / thunder wave or toxic or wow should be fine

Hey Poppy thanks for your reply. I have a bunch of changes that i want to try but unfortunately showdown isn't working :(.

strongly consider using a support set on grass arceus. mono-grass is beyond retarded and that set has close to 0 utility.
I have switched refresh for ice beam on grasseus and changed his spread a little.

i'd use a water arceus over grass arceus so fire blast dialga / palkia don't destroy you in the sun. ice beam / perish song / recover / thunder wave or toxic or wow should be fine
Water Arceus sounds interesting and i did consider it and tbh i forgot why i chose grasseus instead.

blaziken is hugely troubling, as ho-oh is OHKOd after SR - i'd recommend a physically defensive ho-oh, which also helps with your extremekiller troubles.
I will try it out however i have been quite happy with Ho-oh's spread and exca outspeeds and ko's a +2 'ken under the sand. I still see what you mean it is more of a threat than i would like but i think waterceus will iron out that weakness.

definitely use superpower on tyranitar over stone edge, to deal with lead darkrai.
I will give it a shot however lately i have been using chople berry more than anything so i can't absorb the sleep.

excadrill isn't going to break through gira-o / a without spikes support. so having such an sr weak team is quite worrying. it comes with running dual weathers though.
Gira-a is not as much of a threat because Ho-oh can sub up and BB, Exca can SD and EQ for a 2HKO and groudon can absorb status and SD for a 2HKO. To top it off Kyurem can Draco Meteor it for a clean OHKO.Gira-o on the other hand is more of a headache but generally ttar or kyurem is KOing it. Spinning is not much of a problem for me and most teams are hard-pressed to find time to set up with all the offensive powerhouses lurking around.

good luck, interesting team
Thanks Poppy im glad you think so :).

Anyway thanks for the advice, like i said before i have heaps of changes to make. Unfortunately i am one of the not so lucky few that are disconnected from the server ever 30 seconds or so :(.

I see your point and i really want to test it! :(. Only problem with running lum on ttar is that he cant take on mewtwo, WK etc whereas before he could just sponge off the sphere/ blast and crunch/ edge them to death. Although you are right, Lum + SP makes more sense because dakrai is a really big threat. I really want to do more testing :(

EDIT:Max Def Impish Giratina is also cleanly 2HKO'd by +2 Excadrill after rocks under sand

Not alot of things I can say about this intimidating team. You definitely want to use regenerator on HO-OH and you might want to try Shadow Claw on groudon either instead of fire punch or instead of swords dance. It hits arceus ghost, the giratinas and lugia. either way I would take out swords dance being that you dont use the double dance set and hes not really a sweeper. I like Twave, Roar, EQ, Firepunch/Sclaw

Thanks albinorhino for your input. although somewhat shaky WK answers my problems to Gira and Lugia OHKOing and 2HKOing respectively so i haven't had a huge need for it. I was going to replace SD for roar however lately i have taken my approach to using him slightly differently and more to how the moveset should be used. It has actually worked quite well and it lets him punch through many things that will try to Will-O-Wisp him. He can simply T-Wave them and SD so that even if i am burned my Attack won't drop and because of WoW's accuracy and Paralysis the chances of actually burning aren't high. Anyway to sum up i was going to change but it has really been useful as of late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)