1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

A Deadly Freakin Lizard

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Dukewarrior13, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Dukewarrior13

Dukewarrior13

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I built this team entirely on the speed stat. Hit hard before they hit you. I liked the idea so tada I just through this team together. It actually does fairly decent at winning 65% of the time. I know it cant win 100% of the time; every team has their weaknesses. With just a few touches here and there I believe that this team would be awesome. Though I have to watch out because I might end up with a team of suicide leads. I am open to critism and opinions so give me your opinion because I know you have one! Alright lets get started.​

[​IMG]
    Nature: Jolly
    4 Hp/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
    Item: Flying Gem
    Ability: Unburden​

Acrobatics
    Earthquake
    Swords Dance
    Leaf Blade​

This guy is the all star of my team. The ability of surprise is his greatest ally. Nobody expects an earthquake comming from a lizard (especially not heatran). He just switches in on a water type. Gets a swords dance and sweeps. Unburden/Acrobatics combo works magnificantly. It boosts his already superb speed; seriously this guy can already outspeed a jolly fully invested starmie! I really have no complaints for this guy.​

[​IMG]
    Nature: Timid
    4 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Item: Expert Belt
    Ability: Natural Cure​

Hidden Power Fire
    Hydro Pump
    Thunder Bolt
    Ice Beam​

This is Sceptile's right hand man. Whatever he can't get, Starmie could, and vise versa. With excellent coverage he can abuse expert belt like a boss. Hidden Power Fire is there for ferrothorn and other steel types. Hydro Pump hurts like a kick-to-the-balls if the opponent is using rain.​

[​IMG]
    Nature: Jolly
    4 Hp/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Arena Trap​

Reversal
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge​

So my main sweeper Sceptile is having trouble with steel types. I decided to throught Dugtrio on my team to take care of that. Dugtrio has good synergy with my team and he can do everything heatran could, but do it a little faster. My only problem with him is he cant really do a ridiculious amount of damage (besides reversal).​

[​IMG]
    Nature: Bold
    252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster​

Toxic
    Will-o-Wisp
    Recover
    Foul Play​

This guy just screams trololololol. With no weaknesses and prankster... that is just awesome. Nobody expects toxic and will-o-wisp at once. People switch in there Lucarios and Scizors into toxic and think that they are safe. Next thing they know is that their pokemon's attack has been halved. Foul Play catches people off guard and so he is not defensless when he is taunted. ​

[​IMG]
    4 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Volt Absorb​

Thunderbolt
    Signal Beam
    Heal Bell
    Hidden Power Ice​

I am confused at what I should do about this guy. Starmie can do a lot more than him as far as hitting so this guy is really disposable. I think that if I change his moveset he may perform a little better but im not sure what that moveset is. Having the ability to fire off a extremly fast heal bell is nice though.​

[​IMG]
    252 Hp/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Cursed Body​

Ice Beam
    Taunt
    Spikes
    Destiny Bond​

This guy is awesome. He just sets up spikes or kills dragons. He can also use destiny bond very well which makes sure that he goes down fighting. This is like the 2nd suicide lead on my team so when ever I win, I barely win. My pokemon are just too fragile. Oh well, I like this guy.​

So that is my Team!
    Please Share Your Opinions!​
  2. Ninetale3

Ninetale3

Hey there pretty cool team.

Since you don't like heatran as a defensive fire, you could try heat rotom in it's place and find another steel. granted it is stealth rock weak but you got starmie anyway. it also resist bolt beam and has weaknesses to only haxorus who has mold breaker earthquake, rock,and water. Scarf would serve you well since the team is around speed.
  3. chimpact

chimpact fire nation
    is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor

I would definitely give Heatran an air balloon to combat Sun teams better. In addition Toxic and Substitute on Sableye are not really effective options, try Will o Wisp and taunt in place of them. It helps break stall and Toxic with Substitute gets you walled by steel types, which is not a good look as Sceptile needs them removed. Also make it Calm as your EV spread is leaning towards being specially defensive and you get a lot more points with Calm than Bold (+22 with Calm + 18 with Bold). With will-o-wisp, your physical defense can be a bit weaker thanks to the attack drops that burn provides.

Lastly, I would replace Jolteon with a Magnezone as Sceptile works extremely well with Skarmory/Ferrothorn/Forretress removed from the game. Magnezone fits the spot that jolteon had pretty well, despite adding in a few more weaknesses.
  4. Episode36

Episode36

One thing I would do is get rid of Rapid Spin on Starmie. You are using Expert Belt, this team isn't particularly weak to Stealth Rock, and HP Fire would be particularly useful in downing Pokemon like Scizor and Ferrothorn that think they're safe from harm. This would also help get rid of steel's to help Sableye do his work better. My second suggestion would be as another has said, to give Heatran Air Balloon, which is far more effective on an offensive set than Leftovers. You may want to slip HP Ice onto Jolteon instead of one of the other 3 moves. Shadow Ball and Signal Beam are relatively the same coverage, so choose one or the other. You can use 31 Speed IV's with HP Ice, if that was what you were worried about. Just take 1 IV out of Atk and Def to make it work. Otherwise, pretty nice team. I've used that Sceptile set before, and it works well when opposing priority is gone.
  5. Mdevil

Mdevil

(don't expect great advise from me I have a very different mind than the one this team shows you have) I'm no pro but you are here for opinions so I'll give mine. First off, on Jolteon, I suggest you get rid of signal beam and give it Hp Ice (ground coverage.) You have expressed your distaste with Heatran (I share your opinion) I'm not sure you are exactly looking for a fire type, but for a sun counter, my suggestion, Tf, is Snorlax, seems stupid but thick fat negates the sun boost and snorlax isnt outspeeding chlorophyll users anyway. Sadly this doesn't fit the team but its all I can think of to work with this next poke, Empoleon to replace Sableye. Steel typing grants him the dragon resistance and his beastly bulk coupled with scald for a burn can stop most attackers. Probally not what you are looking for to go with this team but I would take it into consideration... maybe...
  6. Dukewarrior13

Dukewarrior13

Hey, i havent been on smogon in a while so I havent been able to respond. You guys have some great ideas!

I have changed the set on sableye as along with nearly all of my pokemon. I am very intrested in trying snorlax instead of heatran and I will edit my RMT if it goes well. I have also gave changed the moves on starmie and jolteon. Thank you for youre advice!
  7. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

Hi. Cool team you have here. One thing you can try out is using Roar over Hidden Power Ice on Heatran. Another option is using it over Stealth Rock on Heatran and giving Mamoswine Stealth Rock over Stone Edge. Using an Air Balloon over Leftovers is the better choice as well. Roar can prevent Volcarona from sweeping you which is pretty big and Air Balloon keeps you safe from those that carry Hidden Power Ground. Mixed Venusaur demolishes this team so Air Balloon renders Earthquake useless. Calm Mind Reuniclus looks annoying for this team to face. Using Taunt over Toxic on Sableye shuts down the ability for Reuniclus to gain any boosts and is ideal against stall teams. I also think you should change Hidden Power Fire on Starmie back to Rapid Spin since you would not want your Focus Sash on Mamoswine to be broken. That's all I have. Hope I helped and good luck.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)