ORAS UU A Derpy team

Hey guys, its IDerpy with my first RMT. For my first RMT I would like to showcase my best team that I've made so far. This team has gotten me pretty far up in the ladder but I feel like it needs more work (Suggestions are apreciated). With all that said lets get into the team:
First up is, in my own opinion, the best mega in UU since the recent tier shifts:

Mega Aerodactyl

MAEROOO.png

Based af (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Hone Claws
Lets start with the star of the team Mega Aero. First off hes a savage and not much can swich into him (except M-aggron and other bulky mons). Max atk and max speed to outspeed things and hit hard like a truck and 4 defense for a bit of bulk, Aerial ace is a great stab move, Stone Edge for great damage but may miss sometimes, Aqua tail for Hippos and elephants that want to switch in and Hone Claws to boost that godly attack an accuracy to help with Stone Edge and Aqua Tail.

Next up is a lizard that's thristy af A.K.A Heliolisk:

Based Lisk

BASED FUCKING LISK.png

Water Absorbent PJs (Heliolisk) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot

This little thing is monster in UU especially with all the bulky waters around. He pairs amazingly with Mega Aero because of Dry Skin. Life orb for that added extra damage, Max SpAtk And Speed because he cant take a hit for shit shit, Hyper Voice for great STAB Thunderbolt for offense, Volt Switch for offensive momentum and grass knot for water/ground types (Swampert and others).

Next up is my broomstick, I mean, Lucario n_n:
Lucario (Michael Jackson)

LUKE.png

Michael Jackson (Lucario) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch/Iron Tail
Am i the only one that thinks he looks like Micheal Jackson?. Anyways, this thing is a truck if you get 1 Swords Dance up. Focus Sash for a guaranteed SD, Extreme Speed for that priority that my team is lacking, Swords Dance to just absolutely demolish things, Close Combat great STAB and amazing power, Crunch for psychic types (like the occasional Slowking and ghost) or Iron Tail if you want more STAB.

Now time for the bulk of the team:

First off is Vaporeon (the cat that never dies).

VAPOREON.jpg

thick (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Scald
- Protect

This thing is the support for the whole team and a physical wall. Now on to the set: Leftovers for that precious little amount of health you get back, Water Absorb to switch into Blastoise (Which i will explain later why you switch this into blastoise instead of lisk). Max HP and Def for max bulk and 4 SpAtk to boost that Scald, 0 Atk IV for absolute min damage from Foul Play and 30 ivs in speed to be slower than other Vaporeons and get the baton pass off. Moves: Wish for that amazing recovery, Baton Pass for momentum and getting the wish to the rest of the team, Scald for obvious reasons, and protect to heal yourself.
Next on deck is Empoleon:

Empoleon A.K.A Gucci

EMPOLEON.jpg

Gucci (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Empoleon The SpDef monster. The set is pretty standard with Max HP and SpD to live an special hitand 4 defense for that added bulk, 0 IVs in Atk for mn damage from Foul play, Stealth rock for those annoying sashes and extra damage on the opposing team, Roar to stop any sweeper (Curselax and others), Scald for STAB and get those burn hax and Ice Beam for Salamence and Mega Sceptiles that want to set up on this guy. MAKE SURE TO KEEP HEALTHY IF FACING GOODRA.

Last but surely not least:

Gligar The Buffet Eater (Hungry for all the hits):

GLIGAR.jpg

creepin on yo gurl (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
You may be saying "lol this nub is running spdef on a gligar what a scrub", but have you tried using these evs?. Let me explain:
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Dragon Pulse vs. 248 HP / 200+ SpD Eviolite Gligar: 121-144 (36.3 - 43.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Gligar Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 164-194 (46.3 - 54.8%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO

If he can survive that he can live anything (except ice types but why would you leave him in on an ice type) Set: Eviolite because this guy is not even evolved and its in UU believe it or not, Hper Cutter cuz you can't run Defog+Immunity, 248 HP 60 Def and 200 SpDef for all this bulk, Careful nature to eat up them special hits. Moves: Roost to recover all that HP taken, Defog cuz nobody likes hazards, U-Turn to get momentum on the opponent and earthquake for that wonderful stab and amazing damage. And his amazing typing allows him to serve as a great core with Empoleon.

THREATS:

Mega Blastoise

BLASTOISE.jpg

Very bulky, Has Aura Sphere so helio cant switch in or OHKO it, only way to beat it is to wither it down with scald then get a free switch into helio.

GOODRA

goodra.jpg

Bulky, has coverage on my whole team and the only real way i found out to beat him is with ice beams from empoleon but this shit has t-bolt so RIP.

Shoutouts:
Thank you to Sniperaim, Serperior for Ubers, VeryPinkPancakes and all my UU room frens that helped me out with this team <3 all of you.

I learned everything I know from MunnAy

Last edited:

sniperr

Pineapples don't belong on pizza
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
dd mence does threaten it a lot especially late game. gligar is generally DD fodder which forces you to sack a Pokemon to EMP can come in and ice beam it, or if you want to be cheeky you can bait out the outrage and go to emp but i doubt it will eat it up and will be essentially dead anyway after. Opposing aeros are a bit threatening as well because they pressure your vape a bit too much. I recommend you switch vape for suicune with ice beam in order to keep mence in check while still maintaining bulk and synergy. Other than that I feel the team is good to go unless I'm missing something obvious haha. P.s Beware of shaymins wall breaking capabilities, he can walk through gligar if he gets a drop.

Last edited:
Your team is really DD Feraligatr weak. You can phaze it out with Empoleon but its not liking a +1 Crunch. Mega-Aerodactyl outspeeds at +1 if Adamant but its not OHKOing with Stone Edge.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
dd mence does threaten it a lot especially late game. gligar is generally DD fodder which forces you to sack a Pokemon to EMP can come in and ice beam it, or if you want to be cheeky you can bait out the outrage and go to emp but i doubt it will eat it up and will be essentially dead anyway after.
Unless I'm missing something, this is not a big deal. Even if Salamence pulls off a DD, Empoleon can switch in easily and tank an Outrage at +1, and then KO with Ice Beam. +1 252 Atk Salamence Outrage vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Empoleon: 167-197 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery. You also can pressure the opposing Salamence to not use EQ by simply staying in. I also don't agree with the Suicune change since I have something better in mind haha.

First off, you probably want to change that Jolly Nature to Adamant on M-Aero. You don't need that Speed, and the boost to Attack is much more necessary. (Isn't it nice to know you'll OHKO Nidoking and Mega Absol without having to rely on luck?) also Earthquake > Hone Claws. The coverage is necessary.

On Lucario, Focus Sash should be replaced with Life Orb. Trust me, Focus Sash sweepers rarely ever work. You're much better off with LO because it enables you to hit much harder. (100% chance to KO Blissey, Snorlax, Kyurem, Umbreon, etc). I will also suggest Bullet Punch > Iron Tail because of STAB priority, and at +2 it allows you to almost always KO Florges after Stealth Rock as well KOing Mega Aerodactyl.

The EV spread you have for Gligar seems a tad bit random. A 248/104/152 EV Spread allows Gligar to still be 3HKO'd Mega Ampharos. Also what's up with the 30 Speed IVs???

As the poster above pointed out, DD Feraligatr just rips apart your team after just one boost. So for my last suggestion, I want you to replace Vaporeon with Cresselia. Cresselia is really underrated and fits solidly onto your team. It patches up the slight Ground- and Fighting-type weaknesses you had before and has great synergy with everything else on your team by tanking +1/+1 Feraligatr. You can immediately turn on the kill switch with a Thunder Wave and Heliolisk can handle it easily afterwards.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Gligar @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:
Unless I'm missing something, this is not a big deal. Even if Salamence pulls off a DD, Empoleon can switch in easily and tank an Outrage at +1, and then KO with Ice Beam. +1 252 Atk Salamence Outrage vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Empoleon: 167-197 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery. You also can pressure the opposing Salamence to not use EQ by simply staying in. I also don't agree with the Suicune change since I have something better in mind haha.

First off, you probably want to change that Jolly Nature to Adamant on M-Aero. You don't need that Speed, and the boost to Attack is much more necessary. (Isn't it nice to know you'll OHKO Nidoking and Mega Absol without having to rely on luck?) also Earthquake > Hone Claws. The coverage is necessary.

On Lucario, Focus Sash should be replaced with Life Orb. Trust me, Focus Sash sweepers rarely ever work. You're much better off with LO because it enables you to hit much harder. (100% chance to KO Blissey, Snorlax, Kyurem, Umbreon, etc). I will also suggest Bullet Punch > Iron Tail because of STAB priority, and at +2 it allows you to almost always KO Florges after Stealth Rock as well KOing Mega Aerodactyl.

The EV spread you have for Gligar seems a tad bit random. A 248/104/152 EV Spread allows Gligar to still be 3HKO'd Mega Ampharos. Also what's up with the 30 Speed IVs???

As the poster above pointed out, DD Feraligatr just rips apart your team after just one boost. So for my last suggestion, I want you to replace Vaporeon with Cresselia. Cresselia is really underrated and fits solidly onto your team. It patches up the slight Ground- and Fighting-type weaknesses you had before and has great synergy with everything else on your team by tanking +1/+1 Feraligatr. You can immediately turn on the kill switch with a Thunder Wave and Heliolisk can handle it easily afterwards.

Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Gligar @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
Thank u for the suggestions. Ill make sure to try the team out with all of those great changes

sniperr

Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Gligar @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
no my point is that it slays his flying resist. mega pidegot would run thru quite easy. hes has to fodder a mon plus his flying check to beat mence. this core just make him weaker to pidgeot, entei, krookodile. not worth it. also jolly aero is needed to outdo mega bee

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
no my point is that it slays his flying resist. mega pidegot would run thru quite easy. hes has to fodder a mon plus his flying check to beat mence. this core just make him weaker to pidgeot, entei, krookodile. not worth it. also jolly aero is needed to outdo mega bee
??? getting 3HKO'd at +1 is not getting slayed at all, and none of the mons listed give too much trouble to the team. Also, only Jolly Mega Beedrill can outspeed Adamant Mega Aerodactyl, but why anyone would run Jolly on bee is beyond me.

e: tru @below im dum

Last edited:
??? getting 3HKO'd at +1 is not getting slayed at all, and none of the mons listed give too much trouble to the team. Also, only Jolly Mega Beedrill can outspeed Adamant Mega Aerodactyl, but why anyone would run Jolly on bee is beyond me.
you're forgetting +1 dd gatr, pokemon like scarf chandelure, opposing Mega Aero, Sceptile And Bee, there most certainly is reason to run jolly. Also it's highly like you won't have your mega and that'll leave you vulnerable to pokemon like Mega Pidgeot.

Last edited:

sniperr

e: tru @below im dum
even so. mence sweeps late. emp will either be dead or severely weakened. also your mons lised does make him struggle severely vs entei krook pidegot. suicune, gligar empoleon is pretty solid. also his 30 speed ivs is probably to out slow opposing gligars for momentum in regard to aero, what uu iz da shizzle said.

Hi I_Derpy , Minus already helped you a lot so i'm just going to help you fix some weakness like DD Gatr and Blastoise+Goodra.so, to get it started I recommend using Florges instead of Vaporeon because if you'd use Cresselia you'd enhance your MBlastoise weakness 'cause it would be easily killed by Dark Pulse and that's clearly not good. Florges would also grant your team some support and would help against Salamence and MSharpedo that are quite annoying for your team. To not completely change the basic idea behind your team I'd suggest you to try Choice Scarf Heliolisk that would really help against DDGatr. About that Goodra Weakness i would advice using Suicune instead of Empoleon. It could easily check goodra and also can easily setup on it after the -2 spAtk drop. Suicune would also win CmWar against Reuniclus, Cresselia and other standard Suicune. With Suicune on your team you should change Aerodactyl's set giving it Roost over Aqua Tail because you don't need anymore a water move to hit Gligar or Hippowdon with Suicune and Heliolisk's GrassKnot. Aerial Ace now help you against Chesnaught that can stop Suicune and Lucario. So as the last fix i would suggest Stealth Rocks on Gligar over U-Turn (With Minus EVs Spread) cause without Empoleon you wouldn't have any setter.

Set's:

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 228 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Scald
- Rest
- Calm Mind

Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws
- Roost

Hope i helped :I

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)